Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #16  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Aunty Jam, the thoughts in my head aren't racing, they're regular pace but a slow flow of negative thoughts that can easily get me on the wrong track. I've been trying to *stop* myself when I start it, because it can make the diff between me walking into work being in an okay mood, or walking in ready to do battle. That is a big decision about registering, in that you'd have to give up work...best wishes on your decision

hopeforme, oh that is sad news for the people who lost their jobs!!! I am truly happy it wasn't you but of course we have to feel bad for the others.

summershine, okay I won't nag you about the forms

I finally had to buy a knee support for my left knee, which was hurting so much yesterday. It has hurt some but not that badly yet, yesterday I could barely do a workout. It's an Ace 'open patella' wrap. As soon as i put it on yesterday, I felt better..I will see if I can work out with it, soon. One of the things I've always tried to be thankful for, especially when I didn't want to work out, was 'well at least I CAN work out'. I've been thinking of that lately!

hope everyone has a good day .
Old 01-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #17  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

OW!!!!! Summershine! That hurt Alright... alright, I'll go take it out after I'm done posting this.

Vermont - I'm not so sure racing is the right word... they all just kind of tumbled into one another and I couldn't really stop it. Ah, if you can stop yours its a better thing then taking more drugs anyway.

Hope - That sucks for your co-workers though I am really glad you're safe. They did that up here after assuring everyone in that devision that they weren't shutting them down. These big companies just don't care about the little people.

I hurt.... from head to toe hurt and I'm getting hives I have this issue where my immune system over reacts to some imaginary foe and sends out a huge response which basically amounts to a lot of extra fluid in my body. This in turn creates huge painful, itchy hives and pain because of all the fluid, especially in my joints. The only cure for this in the past has been steroids.... I'm not sure if any of you guys have ever been on steroids but they make you eat big time. I've always gained a huge amount of weight when on them. I've already decided that if it gets to that point I'm going to refuse them. No freaking way am I going through the side effects of that crap again. They're mental as well as physical. But the point of this huge rant is that all of this makes me feel like staying in bed all day with the covers over my head. So I decided the depression form was the right place to complain about it. Think good thoughts for me please, that this issue resolves itself.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 01-07-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/138.4/130

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Eh, last couple of days were HORRIBLE. I hurt my knee, then went off plan eating wise...double failure. I plan to get to the gym tomorrow, my knee is thankfully improving (i have had major injuries to them both, and now being so heavy it obviously is NOT helping). I hate being such an all or nothing type of person. At least I'm able to not let 2 bad days become 3. Sigh.

Aunty Jam- I have been, and that's also around the time insane depression set in for me too. I put on a lot of weight, but that was also due to my drinking. I have some autoimmune issues (they still haven't "figured" it out, grrr) and was on high doses of pred and some other things. Though the last round, i had to take i was losing weight, and managed to keep doing so, albeit at a slower pace. What i hate is the negative way it impacts my mood, and i have trouble sleeping when taking them. It's why i stopped seeing the rheum. doc b/c i refused to go back on a high dose again, i feel your pain. I hope things improve for you. I'm starting to consider trying to really overhaul my life to try to reduce anything that might cause flare ups, its really frustrating.

hopeagain- Yeah, I already managed to screw up, but i'm more determined then ever! Glad your job is safe, that's scary.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #19  
Gotta run!

Hi Dissonance - They haven't figured out mine either... autoimmune they "think". Don't they know what it's like living with this thing that can come back at any time and majorally screw with your life or do they just not care? I HATE the side effects... the moods, the not sleeping, being hot, eating everything... etc. I'm really interested to know how you managed to lose weight while on them??? Right now I have hives on my feet and they hurt like hades... I'd love to go for a short run but I know I'll regret it if I do. I also have a problem where constant or repetitive pressure on a spot will induce a painful hive, I think my shoes will rub on the ones I already have and make it worse. Add to that I'm still getting over the flu, bleh.

Have you ever been tested for lupus? I was tested twice... they say I don't have it but gee.. I fit so many of the symptoms. Stupid people, I just wish they'd make up their minds. Do you get hives? Does your dr tell you to take antihistimines? I've also given up on my rheum, there's not much he can do for me. The last time I was on steroids I only went to the dr because I had hives actually in my throat... now that can be scary.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #20  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

Aunty Jam, I didn't know you had an autoimmune problem. How are the hives? I hope they are going away. That stinks.

Dissonance- I hope today was better for you. How is your knee?

Vermont-In keeping with the theme, how is your knee? Personally, my ankle/foot is really bothering me. I still haven't managed to get to the dr about it. It's only been 6 months.

Summershine, I have been meaning to say the same thing to Aunty Jam. It was so negative and just bothered me. You are not a failure Aunty Jam!!

I had a long overdue day off today. It has been nice. We slept in and went to breakfast. After that we did some grocery shopping and are watching the play-offs. The main point is I didn't work today!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone! I know I'm not really active in here..but I was really hoping for some advice.

Has anyone ever talked to a counselor before?? I'm going to talk to one on the 19th, and I'm extremely nervous!! Can someone please tell me what to expect???
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #22  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

I've been to a councillor a few times, and I thought it really really helped me Definitely nothing to be nervous about! When I went in I was asked to tell her what I felt my problem(s) were, and then give specific examples for them (so it might be good to think of a few beforehand, so you don't end up umming and ahhing and all flustered like I did :P) Then the councillor explained what CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) was, and used a feeling > thought > action type flow chart thingy to go through each of the examples I gave, filling it in for how I reacted, then how i should of reacted/a more favourable action. Then I was given 'homework'; some specific situation to note what I did/how i felt about it, go through the CBT processes and write it down for the next time i saw the councillor (okok, so this is a little vague, but i can't fully remember my first session, just the sum of all my councilling experiences :P)

That's what happened for me, but the experience would be different for everyone, due to their own needs and the councillors method. Hope this helps!

Aunty Jam - Have you looked at herbal remedies for hives? I know there's only so much they can do (considering they get so bad you need steroids), but if they can take the edge off just enough so you don't need the nasty meds, that'd be great. A quick google told me that drinking herbal teas help, which also give the added benefit of suppressing your appetite might be worth looking into.

Meanwhile, I'm hating my name right now >.< summer is not funtimes. It's way too hot to do anything! I'm visiting my dad right now, and he has a treadmill, but it's in the hot, stuffy, spidery garage and when I suggested bringing it inside where there's plenty of room for it, he got all huffy and whiny.

I swears, I can never win.

(or you know, I can wait until he's at work, drag the blasted thing inside, and tell him if he wants it gone he can move it himself! muahahaha! )
Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Heres my video please leave your comments........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1pWBUq3Sc
Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #24  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Vak, and Shopaholic I have only talked to a counselor once..I didn't like him, but I liked being able to unload on someone neutral.

momof4, I will look at that tonight, don't have time right now and want to give it my full attention...Aunty Jam, I hope the hives are better, that sounds horrible! Summershine, anything you write is so humorous to me, lol (even though of course I take you seriously) Hopeforme, glad you had a day off, and my knee has good days and bad. And Hi to everyone else.

we didn't get the hospital grant, I am just because they made it sound like it was almost a done deal!! it's only money but I am so worried about DH's weight and helath. I am steeling myself to be an early widow. I am feeling bleak about future. So that is not good for a depressive person. Sorry for the 'down' post today!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-10-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #25  

Hey girls I just caught up on all the post. I have been sick for the last week..don't feel like going to the dr. hoping it goes away!! I will post more later!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #26  
Gotta run!

Hello to our new friends

Yeah... autoimmune issues stink, the hives go away here and then come there... ggggrrrrrrr! Right now they're on my feet, one hand, an unmentionable area (yes... even there!) and the sides of my body. I made the mistake of posting "HIVES SUCK!" on my FB and my sister called me all worried. I made her promise not to tell our Mom, she'd worry herself into a hole and she's not healthy either. Whats really bothering me right now is the additional fluid in my body... it makes me hurt everywhere

Summershine - What exactly did you google? And I vote for moving it into the house and making him put it back if he wants (or move it back when you leave).

I'd like to point out Mom's signature to everyone!!! It needs to be changed!

Mom - Think of it like my husband suggested... a learning experience. I know.. still sucks but what can you do.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #27  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

ahahahahaha AuntyJam you just don't want to be the only one who gets bopped but you are right, so:

*bops mom on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

Quit living in the past woman! You're 10 pounds lighter than when you started, thats anything but a failure! The next time I see ya you're gonna have to have a more positive sig, otherwise Ima have to break out the pitchforks and villagers and such

AuntyJam, I googled "herbal remidies for hives" this link:

http://www.ayurvediccure.com/homeremedy/hives.htm

has a few more things for getting rid of hives, and not just the itch, but I've never had hives as bad as you have them (reading your post made me wince in discomfort ), so I really can't be more specific than this

Vermontmom - thanks irl I'm a moody, petulant, socially awkward, boring person, so online I try to be as fun as possible
Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Hey everyone im new on here

I have seen a few councellors some were good some were bad. Im seeing one at the moment and she seems really nice and is the only one who is addressing why and when everythign started and why after 8 years i still find things very differecult to cope with im looking forward to having more sessions with her.

xxxx
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #29  

I saw aunty Jam got in trouble...HAHAHA I will try and change it here soon!!! Yeah I gained most of the 10lbs back so yeah back to the starting block!!! LOL
Well I am trying to get stuff cleaned..Got the bathroom all scrubbed down and reorganized...now to the rest of the downstairs!!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #30  
Gotta run!

Thanks Summershine, I'll check out your search. Unfortunately without knowing the cause of my hives, "cures" usually just mask the symptoms. But maybe it will help to be more bearable.

ems - I'm glad you found someone you like.

Mom - *holding rolled up newspaper threateningly* You'd better be a-changing that missy!
Closed Thread