Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #1  
Im not going to quit!

Height: 5'1

Unhappy Im getting down...

I've been depressed and have had bipolar disorder for such a long time. I thought I had control over it. I moved out of my house, moved into a nice quiet apartment with my bf, and I just thought it was all getting better. My boyfriend and I have just started doing the IP diet, and it has been going well. The past few days the depression has come back like a slap in the face. I'm down, don't want to get up or eat, and everything seems like it is out to get me. I'm getting really depressed again, I just want to forget the diet. This is what has stopped me from every other diet I have done and I don't really know what to do. I want to keep going, I just need some help I guess. Being 18 and 300 pounds is just not an option anymore. Any advice would help. How do you continue doing everything, when you have no will power?
Davallie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi and

I am glad you found us. My first question to you would be to ask you if you see a doctor for your depression. If not then that is one thing I would suggest.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #3  
Naturally Curvy

S/C/G: 264/259.9/164

Height: 5'6"

*hugs* Yeah, my thinking was along the lines of seeking help, too...
JMSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 142/139/118

Height: 5' 2"

I know the feeling you are talking about. It is hard when I will be doing better and then get hit in the head again with the depression. I guess what has helped me is the perspective that this is a chronic disease with ups and downs. I have to do what I know is good for me, even if I don't want to and it is hard. This I do with greater and lesser success, but I feel it is important to try to stay the healing course -- for me that includes diet, exercise, writing, art, spiritual practice, medication, therapy, acupuncture and social activities. I hope that you can see the big picture and do what you can.
hirakukibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey honey! I know how you feel. I too am bipolar and it really is a struggle to keep going when things can seem hopeless at times.

Are you on any medication? I know some people are really against it. I'm on Celexa and I found it really helps my depression---and it doesn't have weight gain as a side effect (unlike Paxil...which I hated and gained 10lbs)
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #6  

I agree, once you get help with your depression then you may feel more motivated to lose the weight, because your emotions are taking over. And if you don't eat then your starving your body. I hope things get much better for you with time, and it seems like you have made progress before so I know you can do it again . The site is going to really help you figure out what works for you! Feel better
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote