Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 07:56 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday, November 8th

Good Morning,

I'll be back a little later....grab some coffee.

Love, Leenie
Old 11-08-2002, 09:42 AM   #2  

Leenie, your post triggered a memory for me that I found interesting. Gosh, parents do the best they know, I guess. But, man, the scars!
I was perhaps five, after I had had polio. They would drive me to the city for "treatments". It was more like torture cause it was so painful. GET THIS: I was told that if I didn't cry(from the pain), I'd get an ice cream cone! Was this so that the therapists wouldn't be bothered? Or what??
Just what kind of message did that give me?? To stifle pain for food as a reward? Is that sick or what??
Fortunately, my parents are gone or I might be tempted to slap em!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:33 AM   #3  

Talking I am out of here!

There is a "nice" coat of snow on the roads...but regardless...I am out of here!

I am not near as organized as I would have liked to have been but hey that is the story of my life!

Hope you are all well and have a great weekend!

I may check back if I get the chance today!

Elizabeth
Old 11-08-2002, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies!

Busy busy busy here doing payroll and such......

but hey??? tippy? rich died??? when did this happen??? details?

I'm sorry to make this short but I have to run.....hope everybody has a good day!

hugs, Cathy
Old 11-08-2002, 10:54 AM   #5  

Default Friday, Nov. 9

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing fine today.

I am doing okay. Today is my last day in Windsor. I fly out tomorrow at 6:13 A. M. It's been a nice visit....except for my getting sick....with this virus. Am improving a lot. Still coughing....but it's getting looser.

My dog has been sad since I left. He has been going out to the car in the garage & laying down. Then he wants to go in the car....so then he will fall asleep in the car for a couple of hours. He has never done this before. He did come to the airport when I left....but he stayed in the car when I went into the airportI & I didn't come out.....just DH did. So I guess the dog thinks I am going to come home in the car.....& I will.

Elizabeth......don't send that snow west....where I live!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

April

Last edited by april99; 11-08-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:58 AM   #6  

Smile Friiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

Morning ladies,

Yes yes that most wonderful day of the week is here.. FRIDAY! It is a very very wet stormy Friday here, but I am happy none the less. It was raining so hard on the drive in that sometimes, even with wipers on high speed it didn't keep rain off. I am NOT a brave rain driver, so I drove in slow lane the entire way to work I just wanted to get to work safe, not fast.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? I found a marvelous recipe for lentil stew that I just might make this weekend. I have chicken marinating in two types of mixtures, so I am ready freddy for the weekend. I do need to do my grocery shopping tonight as well as pop in to the store for a birthday gift sometime this weekend. It is suppose to be stormy here Saturday and maybe Sunday, so staying in cooking wonderful smelling stuff sounds like the best plan to me. I've got a new box of Epsom Salts, so a good soak in a hot tub is also on the agenda.

Does anyone have any good recipes for winter squashes ( acorn, butternut.. etc)? I am looking, obviously for low fat/cal versions. I made a promise to myself to keep trying new vegetables and so far, I haven't disliked one of them.. get this.. even brussel sprouts!! I must admit the recipe I tried wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad. The next veggies I want to try again are parsnips, beet and turnips... no idea how yet . I just know I want to try.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:39 AM   #7  

I am soooo glad it is Friday. I will be leaving work at 1 today so of course the count down has already begun. I really should be working on collections right now but I wanted to make sure I checked in here.

Linda - I now from experience that it gets crazy out there when it rains. People still drive like it is sunny. Kind of scary. Living here we drive in the rain all the time and I know what you should be doing. I have to stay off the roads when we are out there for fear of my life. I think it is b/c everyone is so busy they have no time for rain.

I will be painting all weekend. I have a friend in who is an interior decorator. She loves coming over b/c we have a new house and it is kind of a blank canvas for her. Needless to say I love when she comes over too. I get all this great stuf done for free. Well, kind of. I have to pay for all of the paint and supplys she needs but I think it is worth it. She brings me all of these pillows that she has made with designer fabrics she can get and I get to pay cost. I am loving her being here. Our hubbys are duck hunting and will be gone all weekend so it will be a total girls weekend!

I hope everybody is having a great Friday!
Old 11-08-2002, 12:49 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi again,

She finally went out for a few minutes, so I'll talk fast...blab blab blab blab blab blab !!!

Cathy, I was just as shocked to hear about Big Rich....very very very sad. I didn't find out until a few weeks ago

Tippy I never thought of it like that, giving children a lollipop or ice cream if they are good at the doctors !! I have to remember not to do that to my kid...if I do you can slap me

Lizzy - HAVE FUN !!!!!!!

April, have a safe trip home. Your poor doggie, isn't it sad to leave them. You feel so guilty. What kind of dog do you have ?

Linny, you'd die if you had to drive here. People drive like maniac's in all kinds of weather here...very dangerous. Guess thats why we have the highest insurance rates. They think cause they have a 4x4 nothing can happen... OY... I'll check on the squash recipies...I'm sure you don't want my butternut one...well I guess you can modify it...it is yummy.

Kem send that lady to my house...free pillows, that sounds awesome. My daughter loves pillows more than toys. For some reason this little 14 month old loves to dive bomb herself on top of them and laugh histerically....(its cute). I made her some last weekend.

Ladies and Lurkers, have a blessed weekend, maybe I'll get to sneak in.

Love, Leenie
Old 11-08-2002, 03:03 PM   #9  

Talking BYE!!!!!!

Talk to you when I get back!!!!!!

Liz
Old 11-08-2002, 03:15 PM   #10  

Default Friday , Nov. 8

Hi again,

Leenie.....I have a Border Collie....they are so smart. He vocallizes. DH, DS's GF & I have heard him say Mama at different times. He said it in the last few days when I talked to DH on the phone....he put it on the speaker phone. My family just laughs when I tell them he says Mama...the ones in Windsor....like they think....you must be imagining it. The people we got him from said he vocallized. When We were talking on the phone....on the speaker part....the dog...Charlie....is sniffing the phone....he must think I am in the phone. lol

Have a great weekend everyone.

April
Old 11-08-2002, 04:15 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

April, Border's are my favorite !! do they shed ?
I have a mut..she's 1/2 lab and 1/2 shepard...sheds like mad. I adopted her in 1997 from abandon pets... I can't imagine anyone throwing a pup like her out on the street, she is the perfect dog. Never chew, pee or wreck anything in the house. We've always had dogs in my family, growing up I can't remember not having at least 2 in the house.

Have a safe trip home!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:56 PM   #12  

I just got in trouble with Linnie for not posting today...we are in Yahoo chatting since chat here is still down. She told me to come in here and write something profound....hmmmm.

Nothing comes to mind.

It's too late in the day to think...but at least I posted Linda!!

neener neener neener
Closed Thread