Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 07:52 AM   #1  
tomorrow is another day

Unhappy feeling anxious and depressed

hi,
I have been dealing with anxiety for quite some time now, problem is though that I have now developed depression (apparently the two go hand in hand)

Some days are better than others especially when I try to keep myself occupied/busy this helps to keep my mind off things - teh trouble is when the depression gets the better of me - little things like watching a sad movie can trigger the tears so easily.

I have quite a bit of weight to lose and I know I've get to get back into the walking...each day I make plans to walk then I don't do anything and before I know it the day has slipped by.

Seems like a vicious cycle ... uggghhh !!!!

mygirl
Old 10-24-2002, 04:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7

Hi mygirl,
I can relate to what you're saying some days I'm one second away from crying or having a general anxiety attack. I found lately that my daily walks have been helping soooo much. It takes some pushing to get myself out there everyday but, I do it rather than facing that horrible feeling of knowing nothing got done today. We just started a thread "Fresh Start" over in the walking club forum. If you wanted to join for some support , we'd love to have you of course! Hope to see ya over there. take care
Old 10-24-2002, 05:34 AM   #3  
tomorrow is another day

Dear RubyBlue,
thanks so much for your support!
I actually made myself get out for a walk today - the first time in
6 months - it was only 10 minutes long (around the block) that's all I could cope with for now. I actually felt pretty awful immediately after it - my heart was pounding and I felt light headed...but as teh day progressed I felt the benefits of a calmer, happier me.
I'll definitely check out the Fresh Start Thread - see you there.
MyGirl
Old 10-24-2002, 07:49 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi MyGirl,

Welcome !!

Come play with us on the daily boards, that way everyone will see your posts... Most of the time I know speaking for myself, I dont' have time to read everything because I'm at work.... but we surely don't want to miss anything or anyone who is looking for support !!

I know we can all relate to what you've been feeling, I know I sure can. And the weight issue....boy do I have alot to lose too. Are you seeing a doctor about your anxiety and depression ? It took me 4 years before I would go to one, suffering for 4 years is NOT fun..

Hang in there, hope to see you on the daily's

Love, Leenie (HUGGS)
Old 10-25-2002, 06:44 AM   #5  
tomorrow is another day

HI Leenie,

thanks so much for the warm welcome! It's nice having ppl who understand - it can make all the difference.

I am seeing a doctor about my anxiety/depression I started seeing him after my first panic attack ( I didn't know what had hit me at the time).

I also managed to walk today out of necessity AND in high heels. Amazing how much walking you can actually get done when you absolutely have to get to a place by a certain time...oh my calf muscles!

I'll see you on the dailys.
Thanks again

MyGirl
Old 10-27-2002, 11:26 AM   #6  

Talking welcome my girl!

Keep on keeping on! we are a wacky bunch but we are always here!

Hope to get to know you better!

Elizabeth

I have been treated for an episodal depression several years ago and suffer with several dark days a month...I have to force myself to carry on and not let anxiety immobilize me...and checking in here keeps me honest.
Closed Thread