Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #31  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Vermont! I Love It!!!

That totally made my day. I even showed df the hamster. He thought it was great. I had a good laugh.

So good to see you Momof4 and Buddly. I'll try to watch the video tomorrow Mom.

Buddly, my good friend has sleep apnea. Listening to her sleep was like nails on a chalk board. It was awful. No wonder she was always tired. I hope you can get that resolved soon. I've walked outside a couple of times this spring. My neighbor who walks carries a golf club with him in case of a dog attack. Probably not a bad idea. Don't you hate getting used to a new boss?

Another day of high calories, way less than I used to eat, but again I'm pushing it.

Last edited by hope4me; 04-20-2010 at 10:48 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #32  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone,
We are having another beautiful day here, I sure am loving it.

Hope, the golf club sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of taking a cane as I have one in the house.

I haven't made it out for a walk yet today, other than to the bus and back. DdB was leaving with her friend for Seattle at about the same time and I just didn't feel like dealing with dogs etc. also my back is still really bothering me from yesterday.

Well I should get something done. I should plant a few seeds while I'm thinking about it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #33  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening ladies momof4, good to hear from you. I'm so sorry to hear of your cousin's daughter's passing, that is too young. That was very good of you to help out by doing the food.

Hi buddly Can I ask, how hard was it to sleep at the clinic? Did you have to have electrodes on your noggin? I sure hope you can get relief. You had such a trial with the dog walking the other day!! having to carry your 50 lb doggy was extreme! I hope that doesnt happen again.

Hope - LOL, I was psyched when I found (well, searched) for that pic I know it's really a gerbil, not a hamster, but hey it's still funny If I knew how to resize pics, I'd make it into my avatar!

I got out on my motorcycle for 90 miles today, it was very nice. I was extra cautious, thinking of our friend.

I've been trying not to be hard on myself when I don't accomplish much of anything. Like, I paid bills the other day, so I tell myself that was something accomplished. Someday I hope to get back to being organized and motivated.

hope everyone has a good evening
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #34  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Rainy here, but yesterday was so gorgeous I think we'll overlook it.

Vermont- That is great that you are able and get out to ride. About the clinic, I was concerned about falling asleep, but it wasn't too bad. Mind you, I had had only about four hours sleep the night before and a six hour drive before getting there. And yes I had electrodes everywhere. It took her almost an hour to get me wired. The tube in my nose and the pulse thing on my finger were actually the most annoying. I ignored the fact that there was a camera in the ceiling. I know I woke up when my room got to warm and a couple more times when I heard talking, but she said I did manage to get through all levels of sleep and it was a good diagnostic study. I'm expected to go back after I get a cpap or surgery.

Hope, how are you doing?

mom, that book sounds interesting. I keep trying to work with flylady. I know her plan works and I have routines, they just aren't the best routines. Oh well, a work in progress.

Not sure what I'm going to get done today. Yesterday we loaded all the broken computers and other old equipment into the van from the shed with the idea I'd make it to the proper recycling place today, but it may happen tomorrow. When we were in the shed digging all that stuff out I got startled by a little mouse. I squealed (which my dd is not letting me live down) but this thing was so cute. He was reddish in colour which is odd as field mice are usually grey. And he was so fat. I know the squirrel had opened a bag of grass seed I had in there and the squirrel has also been storing pine cones so the mouse had obviously found all of that. Anyway that was my excitement for the day.

Take care everyone and have a great day,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #35  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone... sorry I haven't been around, it's been kind of busy. Took my disabled Mom to Hamilton for my cousins wedding and got to go to Niagara falls!

Hubby is slipping with the house again... it seems to be a cycle, he'll slip for a while, pick it up then slip again. It's better then nothing I guess.

His daughter moved in last Monday nightish... it's an adjustment for sure but so far it's been ok. She's 16 and a good kid but I have to be careful now, I got used to walking around naked and I can't do that anymore! It's different, getting used to someone else being in the house, we're going through groceries like crazy, but so far it's been ok. Fingers crossed it keeps going this way.

Glad to read all of the updates from everyone... love the gerbil.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #36  
Starting Again

Day 2 of being off. Now I need to get outside and get the yard mowed. It looks like it may rain for the next few days so this is my only chance. Other than that I need to clean some, workout, and make a pasta salad for a cookout tomorrow. That's my exciting day.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #37  
Biker Chick!

hope, that is pretty exciting and it's getting things accomplished! was your grass pretty high already? I don't mind doing it but it is terribly frustrating when the darn thing doesn't start.

Hi Aunty Jam, I'm glad the 16 yr old isn't being a problem...but I hear you on groceries getting eating up pretty quickly and she might need someone to turn off lights after her, if she's anything like our boys

Hi Buddly what kind of seeds would you be planting this early?

Ladies...drumroll for me - yesterday I tackled the lower kitchen cabinets (where you could NOT remove one saucepan without everything falling out) I took everything out, vacuumed in the cabinets, went through everything and got rid of so much that we never use (threw out the mismatched stuff and plastic containers, but donated extra saucepans and stuff)

Then I gathered lots of 'never use' household stuff and set it aside for today; Because today I started on my closet; threw out a 30 gallon garbage bag of worn, old stuff; collected a 30 gallon bag of useable but never wear stuff; then took the whole car load to the transfer station where they charged me...50 cents Funny thing though the closet doesn't look that much emptier but I know what I did.

It's been so long since I've had the motivation to do things like that, I'm so very glad

hello to everyone else, I hope you're having nice Spring weather.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #38  
Biker Chick!

good evening ladies, hope everyone is doing good

I didn't do any major cleaning projects today but that's because everyone is home, and I can't throw things out when they're watching But maybe back to the battle tomorrow. It really helps that I found that Transfer station where I can bring re-usable items and be charged about 50 cents a carload.

I did actually lay down on our driveway (on a thick piece of foam) to get at the hard-to-reach areas when cleaning my motorcycle. (*why does she spend time cleaning her motorcycle when her bathroom really needs cleaning?*)

well have a good night and talk at you tomorrow
Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #39  
Starting Again

Vermont, I know what you mean, if df is home I get nothing done. I'm so jealous that you got your kitchen cabinets done and the closet. Mine are so scary I wouldn't know where to begin. School is over in a couple of weeks so I may try to tackle a couple of projects.

I'm off tomorrow which is strange. I'm never off on a monday. I do have class though so it's not a totally free day. I may go to the movies by myself tomorrow during the day. I want to see a movie that df doesn't want to see.

My overall calories are up this week again and my workouts are down. I've just had a couple of days where I didn't feel like rushing to cram a workout in. I just wanted a little time to relax in the day. I'll do better this week but sometimes I find that I don't have a spare minute to do nothing when I work, go to school, workout, cook dinner and clean up. Usually it's straight to bed after that. The days are too short.

Last edited by hope4me; 04-26-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #40  
Starting Again

Angry

So, I was sleeping late and df called which woke me up. He asked if I was at the theater and I looked at the clock and found that I still had time to make the movie. I jumped up, threw on some clothes and raced over. I tried the first door, it was locked. The second was locked, the third... Then I saw a guy inside walking toward the door. Yay, I was just the first one to arrive. He opens the door and says: Is there something I can do for you? I said: Isn't there a movie starting at 12? He replied that they don't open till 1pm, they are still on winter hours. I told him I saw on the internet yesterday that some movies start before noon but apparently those are only on the weekend. Grrr...

I came home and checked it out and sure enough nothing till after 1:30. The movie I was going to see doesn't start till 2:30 which means it would end after my class starts so I can't go today or Wednesday, my other day off and the other day of class this week. Grrrr...

Now I'm trying to regroup and get my self motivated to do something else. Grrr...
Old 04-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #41  
Biker Chick!

oh hope, I"m sorry that didn't turn out for you!

I didn't do anything useful today, except ride to get new brakes and an oil change for motorcycle. I don't want to burn myself out, you know I still have many projects, and I haven't attempted to start the lawn mower yet...that is always a challenge.

Hi to everyone else
Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Its so hard with my husband at home... the kids are getting worse cause hes a softy and I try desperately to get schedules going or routines and he lets them slide with them and then they are off them for a while. Sounds like some people got some cleaning done.

I have been missing my meds like every other day. The clutter is frustrating me (BADLY), Every where I go there is clutter..I am sick of the kids not taking care of anything...I GET THATS KIDS BUT...they just throw their toys where ever and leave them lay then tramp on them and break them instead of picking them up...they're room is a disaster...they leave their stuff lay in the bathroom, I am for real about to go off the deep end...totally stressed....the clutter house is about the same as my weight I want it fixed but dont have much time or motivation to change them....when I have the motivation I dont have the time...when I have the time I dont have the motivation, stressed a lil bout money since dh is of on disablity until his neck heals...stressed about some issues with teen girls cause major drama...REALLY stressed bout my weight and the addiction to the soda and eating because im stressed as if it will help....I wish Biggest Loser would call me and help give my life a jump start...yes it would be hard but I need something FOR REAL

Went to the pulminary dr today all the breathing tests were good...i have something i cant pronounce a bunch of big words together...said its just a lot of swelling and stuff going on...causing my snoring, coughing, heartburn, acid reflux, headaches, lack of smell...etc..so hes giving me a thing called magic wash...made up of benedryl, malox, and some big word...said it taste nasty but it will help and then some stomach pill at night. I just want to be better I think that is part of the frustration.

My dh purposely torments me just to get me going but if i havent had my meds it gets me really really angry and then he finally stops but I hate feeling like that.
Also this foster boy i have is really stressing me out...they just changed his goal to adoption and once school is out they are going to put him with family that has his siblings..but it is bad...he has sooo many disorders and problems I honestly dont have the time or patience to deal with them....he wont listen....he is constantly in trouble...everyone from church or whatever that doesnt work with him is like awww he is soo cute ill take him home and then when we punish him cause he wont listen in class and gives the teachers a hard time people will go to him while hes being punished and like hug him and baby him...WHILE HES BEING PUNISHED...it makes me mad cause they act like he shouldnt be punished cause hes cute...I want to pull my hair out....AHHHHHH...I wont ship him off cause hes going to be moved and to me thats just wrong but i cant handle much more.

On a good note we get to see my 16 year old foster daughter that was removed. Her 17th bday is friday and they are letting us do a off site visit with her thursday for 4 hours instead of a 2 hour onsite visit!! So that will be nice I am excited for that.

SO SORRY TO UNLOAD but i dont know what to do or who to talk to...my best friend is in the midst of her own issues with a broken relationship she wants to work but hes using her...blah blah blah...and my other close friend is sooo madly busy she honestly dont have the time....so you guys are all I GOT!!!! I wanna do an all nighter and organize the downstairs I know I can do it if I put everything into it but I cant get the physical motivations...maybe if i stare at the clutter long enough I will go crazy and do it....lol
ok gonna go
LATA!!

Last edited by momof4under5; 04-26-2010 at 11:19 PM.
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #43  
Starting Again

Momof4, I've said it before, I don't know how you do it. I can't imagine the stress you are under. There is no way I would be sane. I know how clutter can get to you but you need some help. There are too many people living there for you to do it all. Give yourself a break, you are doing a great job. You know you can always vent here. That's all the rest of us do, at least I know that's all I do.

Tomorrow I'm off again, but with class and pool right after most of my day is already planned for me. I'm trying to set some small goals around the house to get done but I'll have to check my motivation when I get up. You all probably know how that is. I'm making a deal with myself that if nothing else gets done I will do a workout of some sort.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Thanks hope....I just feel bad venting when I know everyone has there problems! I took care of the boys messy room today cause it's the first thing u see going upstairs n back downstairs....did that before nap...then tonight I put biggest loser on the outer while I tore everything off it n decluttered it while my 5 & 7yr old boys cleaned out the shoe closet they bagged up all the winter stuff n decluttered it....one project at a time...it's hard to not be stressed when there's clutter, no routine kept daily.... There is def a connection between clutter n depression like u see it n it overwhelms u so u just lay down sleep or eat it off....same way with weight it overwhelms me so I just sleep it off or eat more because I'm fat....ahhhhhh I just want to break the cycle n I'm going to do it little at a time I guess that's the only way!!

So today dh was doing dishes n look out the window n there was a truck out back n a guy was standing out back looking at the upstairs of our house. So now my dh is concerned wants to get a pistol tomorrow. We have that foster boy who's family is druggies n a week ago the goal was changed to adoption so who knows if they r gonna try n snatch him...it's so bad that the case workers won't put our name on nything but they could follow the bus home from school if they wanted to find him!! Probably not gonna sleep to well dh keeps getting lookin out back n one of our sensor lights went off but Boone was out there!!

Ok catch u all Lata!!! Thanks for listening!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #45  
Starting Again

Ooh, momof4, scary. Hopefully it was just a random guy and it was nothing. Keep us posted.

Sure enough the day is flying by. I got my workout in and the sheets washed. There is so much more I would like to do but I've got to hit the shower before class and pool. But on the positive, there are only 2 more classes left and a test. Almost done.

Vermont, what are you into today? Maybe you should just take it easy and enjoy this time off. There is so little of it.

Buddly? Aunty Jam?