3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   February Chick Chat - 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/193092-february-chick-chat-2010-a.html)

momof4under5 02-15-2010 12:39 AM

aunty jam-blind side is with sandra bullock..I love her in this one...it was ok still had too much swearing for him..but he stayed since we spent the money on it! My oldest is 7 then 5, then 3, then 2 and a 4yr old foster boy. I also have a 15 year old step son that does not live with me and a 16 year old foster girl (lived with us for 3 years) that calls me mom...shes in a group home now and they wont let her come home she wants to but she did somethings and so you live and learn I guess...I miss her!!

Yes life is busy...I did an audition for biggest loser so go check it out..title is biggest loser audition for jess....leave me some comments...I sent the link in on line so the casting people will see all the comments left on that page!!

Made my family a nice meal....lasagna (family fav!), salad, garlic bread, angeled (aka devil'd) eggs, bought some roses for the table and everyone some chocolate valentines!! It was nice..my throat hurts now Ive been coughing alot hate cold season!!

Getting new furniture tomorrow...NICE furniture..parents only had it like a year and they are getting new stuff so I am trying to get everything cleaned for that!! ok thats it!! I know its bad but my oldest son wanted to stay up with mommy so we are gonna watch a movie and cuddle..dont want to push them away when they want alone time...with so many kids its important to have that even if it means letting them stay up late one night once in a while!

have a good monday everyone!!

momof4under5 02-15-2010 10:17 AM

So I've only missed i think one dose of my meds since thursday. I actually want to go get my stuff around the house done...like before I would only do my work when the kids went to bed and I would just do minimal stuff during the day... but like now I am up and ready to get going on the stuff...not feeling that aggitation...maybe it was just that day I dont know... Nyways just thought I would update you girls!!

VermontMom 02-16-2010 06:41 AM

momof4, glad you were feeling good and motivated yesterday and that was a nice V'Day dinner you did for your family.

Today is our older son's 27th birthday :eek: that seems like such a long time ago, yet I can remember all details :dizzy:

hope everyone is doing good, I have been too busy at work (President's Day and following week in a ski town is crazy) to be 'down' :devil: And I have only 57 days left at the winter job that I don't care for :carrot: And I looked at my journal and my first motorcycle ride last year was the first week of March, woohoo!

buddly 02-16-2010 03:44 PM

Hi everyone:wave:

Sorry I haven't been around much my concentration and focus seem to be at nil.
My doctor called me in and informed me I have high cholesterol and with where I'm at he should put me on meds, but thankfully he's going to let me try lifestyle changes. He wants me to lose 30lbs so I have two and a half months to make a dent. He wants me to only lose a pound a week as he wants lasting changes.
Finally started some dunging out and DdA and I took four garbage bags and three boxes of "stuff" to the Salvation Army yesterday. Today is going to be a garbage dump run. There is still so much more to go, but its a start and we can see some spaces.
We were having spring like weather with the temps going above freezing. Everything was melting. Today we woke up to snow and that turned to rain. Thankfully I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow morning as we've been going below freezing at night and icy roads are not fun.

Momof4 I'm so glad to hear you are doing better.

vermont I like how you think! It would be nice if its warm enough for the bikers to pull their bikes out March 1st around here, a sure sign of spring for sure! And Happy Birthday to your son. Its funny how those kids get older and we stay the same. ;)

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day. :grouphug:
K

hope4me 02-16-2010 09:58 PM

Buddly, glad to see you back. I need to do the same for my cholesterol. You can do it! Congrats on cleaning out the stuff in the house.

I was off today but was dealing with df's flat tire issues all day. I needed to study but it just didn't happen. There's always thursday I guess, my next day off. I can't help but feel cheated though. Gotta get to bed, early and long day tomorrow.

VermontMom 02-17-2010 06:40 PM

good evening chicks :) Hi buddly!! good to hear from you :hugs: wow you got alot accomplished by getting all that stuff out of the house. Hopefully your movitation will continue! do you think you'll count calories for your diet plan?

Hi hope4me, I am sorry you were cheated from your day of study having to deal with that problem, that is sucky when it happens. Hopefully tomorrow will be good for catching up.

I slept most of today but I am okay with it...I don't feel guilty about it, I guess I needed it. So tomorrow will be my catching up day also.

Hello to everyone else!

hope4me 02-17-2010 11:25 PM

Vermont, I slept most of Saturday and I don't feel bad about it either. I know I needed it and I was just relaxed. Tomorrow though is a different story. :s:
I have to learn a whole lot about the peripheral nervous system, work out, and should do some cleaning. Let me know how your day is and I'll do the same.

Glad today is over: work, school, and pool league, an 18 hr day. How is everybody else doing?

LovebirdsFlying 02-18-2010 12:01 AM

I've been loafing the past few days, but darn it, I'm getting over the flu. Needed it.

Hope everyone else is feeling better than I am.

hope4me 02-18-2010 03:39 PM

Vermont, haven't done what I was hoping. Slept most of the morning. :p Gonna go workout and see if that lights a fire under me...

How about you?

VermontMom 02-18-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hope4me (Post 3159616)
Vermont, haven't done what I was hoping. Slept most of the morning. :p Gonna go workout and see if that lights a fire under me...

How about you?

well I did more today than yesterday :D I worked out (Keli Roberts step aerobics with ankle weights and held dumbbells) then did a week's worth of laundry (it is folded but not put away yet) went out and did errands which took almost 3 hours, vacuumed the living room but no where else. That's pretty good for me :p

Mrs. Brady sorry that you got the flu, hope you're feeling better.

Hi :hug: to everyone else :)

hope4me 02-18-2010 09:21 PM

Ok, the workout did help a little. I did 45 min of toning and a 30min calorie burn aerobic workout. That is more than I ususally do. I usually do around 30 mins but if I'm off I try to do a 45 min workout of some kind. I guess I just felt I needed a mood change today.

I did a couple of loads of laundry, the dishes, and cleaned off my kitchen table (no small task :fr:). It seems that I was just avoiding studying all day and that's what I really feel guilty about. Tomorrow is another day I guess. I am still just so grateful to be on plan with the eating and exercise.

buddly 02-19-2010 02:04 AM

Hi all!

Lovebirds I hope you feel better.

Hope and Vermont, you two are doing great.
Hope I'm still working on my kitchen table its amazing how much can get stored on one table.

Vermont I guess I'm doing a modified calorie count. Its more portion control and trying to make better choices, when I start dealing with the actual numbers I get overwhelmed and decide its easier to not eat, so this works better for me. I know I have to get exercising as that is really the key, for me.

The dunging out has slowed a little as I had to go to work today and again tomorrow, so hopefully I can make more of a dent over the weekend. DdB got into their closet today and we have a few more bags to go to Sally Ann and more for the dump, so its all good.

Well I better go, the dryer is done with my uniform so I best get it out before the wrinkles settle in.

Take care everyone,
K

momof4under5 02-19-2010 01:24 PM

SO been sick with a nasty cold or something...throat was sore since like feb 8th and it just got worse...now just coughing constantly. Spent all day yesterday laying around while husband took care of stuff. I did do dishes because he was at the store and I felt bad him spending his whole day off doing house stuff but then I was like Im sick its not like he has to do it all the time. BAD thing is I didnt take my meds yesterday first day i missed in like a week hopefully that doesnt affect me. TOM moved in today...ugh..BUT thank goodness he will be moved out before the 24rd when we leave to go to Alabama for a pastors summit! Alone time is much needed. Our anniversary is the 23rd so that will be a nice time away!!

Ok well I have TONS and TONS of laundry to get washed. If I can get it washed then I can spend and hour folding it all and everyone can help me tonight to put it away!!! I have tons of boys school work to do. They are eating lunch then girls are napping and they are doing school...I really want to homeschool and raise my kids not someone else raise them and teach them everything but I am really struggling with the homeschooling thing I really need strength to do it and DO it right!!

thats all
I hope everyone else feels better that was sick and those that have school things go well and they ace all their exams...Congrats to all the sleepy heads for getting much needed rest!!

Aunty Jam 02-20-2010 11:43 PM

Hey everyone... Being back on my meds has helped me quite a bit but I'm still getting pretty bummed out :( I invited someone over on Friday because hubby would be out and of course they jammed out on me at the last minute. Then tonight hubby is out again (tournament) so I'm sitting at home, by myself, doing nothing, again. WTF, this sucks. Maybe I'll just take my pills and go to bed.

Leenie 02-21-2010 07:42 AM

Good Morning,

Sorry I haven't been around lately but you know me, I have been reading :yes: Work is like walking on egg shells and I imagine it will be like that the next few years. Its just a matter of time when they get rid of our site - so it feels that way b/c they are closing entire buildings and getting rid of entire department, so we're all on pins and needles to say the least. Some times I wonder if its better they just let you go from the beginning b/c this living on edge really stinks. I am like a slug when I get home at night and nobody deserves that. Shame on them !!! But I know I am the one that has to turn this gloom and doom around for myself and start exercising so I feel better. My family deserves a happy mom.

Anyway girls, thats where I've been.. diet stinks, exercise stinks, stress is at its max .... I need to pray more and be in touch with the Man up stairs more b/c thru Him all things are possible and I do all things thru Him. :D

Ok.. enuf being a sad sack. Oh wait.. one more... winter stinks !! haaaaaa.

:welcome: to all the new (to me) chicks, its so nice having you here. Aren't these ladies the BEST!!!

Have a lovely weekend whats left of it. Smile, because your beautiful !!!!

Love Leenie