Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 07:58 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, June 4th

Goooood Morning Sleepy Heads,

How's it hanging. Boy talk about discust, I looked good and hard at my nakkkkid body yesterday and I swear I look STILL 20 months pregnant. I know I look this horrible but why won't I change ?????????? thats the $64,000 question. What will it take? maybe Mel Gibson HAAAAAAAAA just bustin yah. But seriously... I just don't know anymore

Okay enuf sad crap.

Its beautiful out today and the boss is away, what could be better than that (besides winning the lottery ).

Any good plans for today.

Linny, glad you had a great weekend...SKINNY MINNIE !!!! I'm so darn proud of you.

Lizzie girl whatcha up to these days? are you done planting yet ?

Meg woman, have you picked out YOUR dress for the wedding yet...details details ... I'm anoying huh.

Have a great day, love Leens
Old 06-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #2  

Angry Ya I'm still here

Hi Leens and all!

Ya...I just put some flowers in my front garden and did some pots..gonna do some more tonight. Cut the grass and washed down the deck and deck furniture last night and watered the grass....then we went out for pizza and beer...it was a nice day!

I am getting so much done in my manic phase...don't think I am losing any weight though

Going to girlfriends today our dd's will play and we will scrapbook and visit...I might even bring some low alcohol coolers and my water

I don't have a veggie garden that would be just too darn domestic for me.

Leens don't beat yourself up about your weight...we will do it when we are ready....patients ask me if I am pregnant all the time..I have a huge gut....

Hang in there and so shall I!

Hello to the rest of you out there....drop a line when you can...whoever you are

Liz
Old 06-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #3  

Default Mornin'

Hi Leens and Lizzy and those to come,

It's Tuesday... which means of course.. 3.something days til the weekend... I know, I do this every week.

Leens, like Lizzy said, when you are ready, it will happen. It's okay if you aren't ready yet. The majority of the weight loss battle is between the ears, and God know how hard it is to convince ourselves sometimes of what is best for us. What I think you might be doing, well the impression I am getting at least, is you are going to an extreme.. fasting, salads and coffee things for breakfast and lunch. Coffee and salads aren't enough to sustain anyone during the day, so of course you come home and fall on your dinner like a ravenous beast . You need to eat real meals, low fat, reduced calories.. etc.. or whatever fits the plan you want. to do. I find eating something with fat, protein and carbs at each meal, keeps me balanced and not starving. I generally do 300 cals for breakfast, 500 lunch, 500 dinner and 200 for snacks. Have you thought about going to see a registered dietitian? Not a nutritionist.. anyone can call themselves that.. I can go out and hang a shingle tomorrow with that title. Reg. Dietitians have to be licensed and all that stuff... at least from what I have been told by my doctor. The big thing is you have to plan Leens, plan your meals for the week the weekend prior. When you don't have a plan, you grab whatever.. and that is one reason we eneded up this size, I think Sorry to write a novel... I'll get off my soapbox now.

Lizzy, I am glad you are enjoying your time off. For goodness sake, will you please rest and have some fun, instead of this cleaning orgy? Vacations are made for resting, not for catching up oin chores... there will always be more dirt, more beds to change, more floors to mop, more closets to clean.. take time out for Lizzy. I am glad you are going to visit a gf today.. have a nice time and relax!!

Nothing new here.. nothing ever is.. I got my step aerobics in this morning... and it was already getting hot out... arggh!! I like it to be in the 40s to 50 degrees outside, but it was pushing 60 here at 5:15 this morning. I was a sweat ball. I don't have to cook for a couple more days, due to having leftovers... I love leftovers!!

Well, I guess I should get back to work.. hope to hear from everyone else.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:24 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Linny are you calling me a beast at dinner HAAAAAAAAA !!!!!! I'm still laughing. Have you been peaking in my windows. When I get home at night I'm like the Tazmanian Devil, I swear !

And whats wrong with LOTS of coffee ROFLMFAO !!! If I could I'd have an IV of that stuff.

Your right, your right, your right !!!!!!!!

Love Me !!!!!
Old 06-04-2002, 01:26 PM   #5  

Default Leenie

First of all, we are more than our weight!

Leenie, you're a beautiful woman with a sparkling personality. So, quit obsessing about your weight! Forget the all-or-nothing approach.

Linnie had some good thoughts on your eating habits. I know cause, at your age, I tried the same thing. I'd starve yself all day and then go nuts. Try either three meals or six small meals. I don't like fruit so I snack on veggies.

Remember, everyone, that you are much more than what your body looks like. God made you and He don't make no junk!
Old 06-04-2002, 01:27 PM   #6  

It's a nice thing to have a daily thread--mind if I join in?

Tuesday's not only three-days-to-go-until-the-weekend for me, but it's weigh-in day too. Yesterday it finally occurred to me that I haven't really been even doing the WW program for the past couple months; I've just been watching my eating enough to keep myself from gaining any more weight. I only journal maybe one or two days a week, and I end up going over points all the time. I mean, if every day's a new start because you overate the day before, that's just not being OP.

Linda, I think you're right about weight loss happening mostly between the ears; I'm just not giving weight loss that high a priority right now. I have so much else to do--think about a career change, do my religious study and practice, get my exercise in, deal with the sheer impossibility of my new tasks at work--that there's always a reason not to focus on being OP.

So if that's the case, I have to make peace with my body being the size it is now. I'm only ten pounds over goal, so even though I hate my sausage-ey thighs and my belly being squeezed between my legs and my chest when I go biking, I just have to accept that this is how it'll be until I'm ready to really work on it. Who knows--maybe that'll finally bug me into pushing myself to lose this last ten pounds.

Today's OK for now, but I have some big reading and editing jobs to do by the end of the day, and since I'm going to have to work with a very difficult committee, working on them isn't fun. Yuk. And my agency is all in a tizzy about a big plan we're trying to get approved tomorrow, so I'm not getting much sympathy. But I'm going to try not to let that make me go for the M&M's this afternoon. That's my downfall these days--weekend splurges and unhappy chocolate cravings in the afternoons. Erghhh!

Anyhow, enough whining--I have to get to work! It's beautiful outside and I'll get a walk in this afternoon for a break. No strenuous exercise today, though; I did a long bike ride last night and my legs are done in.

Have a great day!

Lenore
Old 06-04-2002, 02:26 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lenore,

We're so happy your joining this nutty little group, please sit and stay a spell.

OK your all right but I can't help it, I really do see myself as Dr. Frankenstein's Fat Monster !! I know I'm obsessing over it and that only makes the situation worse - sigh ~ ~

Isn't it funny how you can take care of other people and not yourself

okay ladies, I'll stop complaining

TTYL, Love Leens
Old 06-04-2002, 02:33 PM   #8  

Default Monster on the loose

Well Leens, if you are a monster, you sure are a cute one. When you start feeling like the monster, think of your good points.. you have nice hair, lovely eyes, great skin.. something. We all have something. It just gets harder to see somedays. I never will be in love with my abs, but that doesn't make me unloveable.. nor does it you.

So give yourself a big hug from me, willya?

Lenore, so glad you could join our funny farm.
Closed Thread