Old 06-04-2002, 06:11 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Tuesday, June 4th

Sounds like many of us had a pretty crappy day yesterday...lets make this a better one!!!!!

First day at our new office yesterday and it went pretty smoothly!

Came home pulled in the driveway and the radiator in my jeep blew up in the driveway. Wonderful...

So we ate pizza(yes pizza) for dinner, then I took the kiddies swimming for about an hour and a half, our pool is gorgeous...warm, blue it was so nice.

Got them to bed and went to bed myself....TOM today and feeling pretty crappy.

I am giving up the locarb WW thing as I am too hungry all the time. I am going back to CAD. I seemed to do the best on it and it is the easiest.

Hope you all have a better day than yesterday......I suffered through some similar contractor issues when we bought this house....my DH will never pay til the job is done............

Last edited by scooby2; 06-04-2002 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:32 AM   #2  

Good morning, Rachel.

At least your jeep had the decency to die in your driveway. Could have been worse -- like the side of a highway.

I was always hungry on WW -- low carb or not. Good luck with CAD. Sounds like a lot of the ladies here are finding it to be a good program.

Went to the gym last night with DD (13-1/2). We did the aqua aerobics class together. She said it was fun but too easy! Well, it would have been more of a challenge if she'd done the moves correctly (hardly swung her arms and if she couldn't figure out the footwork, just jogged in place). I told about the moves she needed to correct and she wants to try it again on Thursday. Hmmm. Looks like I'll be getting her that jr. membership this fall. We'll see if she actually sticks to it. She wants to bring a friend on Thursday. I said OK but the girl's got to come up with the $5 because I'm not paying for both of them.

Haven't gone near a scale this week yet. TOM came on Sunday afternoon and it's a rough month.

Gotta go. DH just asked for another cup of java while he jumps (late) into the shower.

Talk to you all soon!

Old 06-04-2002, 07:06 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Rachel and Jo and the rest of the crew when they get here. Got up to puppy barf in the kitchen and eight muddy paws on my quilt a bit later but am still cruising on the endorphins from the wonderful weekend.

Misty meadow morning and just beautiful out there. I took the doggage for a wee walk out there for a change and checked out the gardens. My neighbour has lots planted - or at least marked so it looks like planted. I might just put in some markers, not bother to plant and whine about a crop failure.

Now that the tulips are gone, the "girls" have discovered new flower toys in they garden - yesterday Hershey snapped off an iris stem and she and Lucy played with it as if it were a stick! By the end of the summer I'll be able to write a book on Dog Proof Perennials! Maybe I can get on Oprah or has she really quit pushing books?

Well, I have physio at 9 and need to put away some more winter clothes - not that we are in summer! It is still around 40F in the morning and I'm wearing pants and t-shirts and sweaters. Sat on the deck last night for the pre-dinner Scotch in a LS t-shirt, jean jacket and nylon jacket over that! I hope to get tomatoes and peppers planted this week but it is still too darn cold at night for the babies.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. For some of you, it just needs to be a wee bit better to beat a lousy Monday!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:20 AM   #4  

Well I'm adding my name into the crappy feeling list today--can you say TOM with a vengeance? Woke up to blood SOAKED sheets-sigh....the price you pay when you haven't seen TOM in 7 months!

Going to a drop-in center with my friend and her 3 year old so the two kids will have a lot of fun this morning. Miree is only going to daycare 3 mornings a week for the summer and it's now up to Mom to be inventive and get her out and doing things when she's not in daycare. I think it will be fun actually since she's older and more willing to go off and explore and do things. I just have to plan carefully in advance so I always have something to do on her days "off". Any great suggestions are welcome!

Hope you all have a better day!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:30 AM   #5  

Some of the (low-cost) things my kids and I do together:

1. Bike ride
2. Walk
3. Side-walk chalk art
4. Water gun battles
5. Jumping through sprinklers
6. Tending veggie garden
7. Library
8. Park (has playground equipment for kids)
9. Blow bubbles
10. Wash car (kids actually think that's fun )
11. Lemonade stand
12. Swim
13. Plan our end-of-the-summer joint birthday party (tropical theme this year)
14. Go through old toys, books, & clothes for charity (again, my kids enjoy this )
15. Roller skating (laugh themselves silly over my attempts )
16. Picnic
17. Hike

Hope this helps. Let me know if you get another other ideas. I'd like to expand my list, too.

Old 06-04-2002, 07:52 AM   #6  

Happy Tuesday.

Have you ever heard about women working in an office space and having their tom synchronized because of the hormones given off. Is that possible over the internet, seems like tom is visiting many of us! I feel like I have been premenstral for a week now, . I am crabby, the scale increased 5lbs!, and I have about a dozen zits on my face, I am super hormonal this time.

Boys are counting down the last few days of school. Thursday, I will be serving a hot dog lunch to 50 kids! Don will bring his class to our house at 11:00 for lunch and play (water balloons) and Darren will bring his class to our house at 12:00 for lunch and play, and cake as he celebrates his un-birthday (a birthday recognition for kids who have summer birthdays). I am so excited. I ordered frisbies with the school logo done in a red, white and blue theme, to use paper plate holders and momento for the kids. We will serve hot dogs, chips, watermelon, cookies, drinks and popcicles. We started this tradition last year and it was so much fun, we look forward to doing it again each year.

So in the mean time I am busy weeding my flower beds that have gotten way overgrown with weeds. They now look so beautiful without the weeds and a fresh load of mulch. I know it will not matter to the kids, but one of the teachers is a gardener. So it is an excuse to get at my beds. For some reason this year I have a tremendous amount of grass growing in the beds, and grass is a real bugger to pull out.

Hope everyone has a better Tuesday than Monday!

Last edited by DonDar; 06-04-2002 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:18 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Goooood Morning Kids,

WOW...what did I walk into this morning here ? Everyone's PMSing. Dondar, when I have my friend my boss is crabby, go figure ?

It looks nice out now but I think we're getting some rain. Today I'm running out to Catherines (its a fat ladies store) to get me some jeans and a birthday present for my sister. They also have an Avenue right next to it. I get my pants there because they have tall and I get my shirts at Catherines cause they have a purty selection, brighter colors than Avenue. AND they have those teeny prints that Jiffy loves so much

We have summer hours now so on Fridays I can leave at 12:00....I am sooooooo looking forward to going to the park or shopping lol with Gracie. Peach, Jiff if you wanna come just holler!! Are there any nice parks by were we live? there's none by me and I'm always looking for a nice place to go with Gracie and Susie but I don't know the area by me to well.

Ruthie that sounds so cute the puppy's playing with the flowers, hope you took pictures.

I'm hoping my pictures are ready today but since I'm having them put on CD they will probably take an extra day. Can't wait to see them.

Have a great day everyone.
Love, Leens
Old 06-04-2002, 08:53 AM   #8  

When did my life get so hectic? I'll tell you...it was when I met you gals and you convinced me to do something (s) for myself.

I want to go for a walk this morning and I WILL go for a walk this morning. THEN I will take mom out and hopefully be back in time for the big kid's meds and lunch.

so, this is a quick howdie and hey and a promise to be back TODAY (that rhymes....how sweet) to ...play

YOWSER

later!
peach
Old 06-04-2002, 09:14 AM   #9  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone! Hope this day goes better for people. I hated to see all the suffering at the hands of crabby emotional bosses and pharmacy troubles, car problems etc. That is a terrible way to start the week. I got up this morning to the smell of gasoline fumes! DH had to come home from work and check the riding lawn mower--it was stored in our attached garage. Apparently he knocked something loose yesterday when he mowed and gasoline was dripping in a puddle out there. Not too safe I'm thinking. Hopefully it is under control now. DS is getting ready to head up to basketball practice and then tonight (provided it doesn't storm as they are predicting) he has a 7 on 7 football game up in "the big city". I got all of my errand running done yesterday and am hoping to clean out a closet today. Boy, doesn't that sound exciting???

Peach, hope you get that walk in AND make it back here too.

Leens, have fun shopping.

Dondar, your partys for the kid's classes sound so GREAT--are you sure you don't want them to transfer down here to IL????? Pretty please! Hope you get to feeling more like yourself soon.

Pooky, hope you and Miree have a great day!

Ruth, I will send some of our 90 degree weather on up to you so that you can finish putting in your garden.

jd, I used to enjoy aqua aerobics when I lived closer to the Y. It always felt like a good workout.

scooby, sorry about the jeep!!! What a bummer-hope today goes better!

Hello to all who follow today!!
Old 06-04-2002, 09:21 AM   #10  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Morning!! What a busy bunch today!

Well, count me in on the Tom thing. This is my first time since Feb. My doctor said all the trauma my body went through delayed me having my Tom. Now I can only hope it will stop in a reasonable amount of time.

Scooby, thank goodness your Jeep had the forethought to break down in your driveway and not the highway.

Jo, I have often thought of taking water classes, but ye gads, that means putting on a bathing suit. LOL

Ruth I'm hoping for warm weather so you can plant soon. I will be glad to send you some of our hot/humid weather. It was over 90 yesterday! HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!

Jenny I remember when you did the party last year for the kiddies, hope you have as much fun this year.

Leens, hope your pictures turn out great and that everyone in them agrees to let you post them so we can all see.

peachie, enjoy that walk and have fun with Mom.

Took my daughter in for her interview for summer employment. She will be working at Stone Mountain Park at their Crossroads attraction. Crossroads is an 1860 village, with demonstrations fo how things were done back then. My daughter will be working one of the push carts selling goodies. We think she will be wearing period costume. I'm so excited for her, she seems thrilled. Now we have to find someone at the high school in order to get a work permit. We went up yesterday and there was no one there, we will try again today.

I've been a busy beaver this morning already. I've made beef stew and put it in the crock pot for my kids dinner tonight. I have made spaghettii salad for my husband to take to a Band Boosters Board meeting (he's the treasure.) They will be having a pot luck dinner. Now I need to jump in the shower.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Debbie (who's getting stronger all the time)
Old 06-04-2002, 09:36 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

DebKay I have to ask, what is spagetti salad? sounds nummy....shoot everything sounds nummy to me

Love, Leens
Old 06-04-2002, 09:46 AM   #12  
she who must be obeyed

Hey Leens, spaghetti salad is made with angel hair pasta. You cut up red onions, green peppers, red peppers, cucumber, pepperoni, and use grated cheddar cheese.

Mix everything into the cooked noodles, mix in a bottle of Zesty Italian dressing and some McCormicks Salad Seasoning.

It is very, very good, but not really low carb. If you were a CALP person you could have some at your reward meal.

It should be made a day ahead of time so you can mix it many times so the the "stuff" has time to marry.

Debbie
Old 06-04-2002, 10:23 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

You said the magic word "PEPPERONI" oh how I love that stuff and I'm going to make this, it sounds really good.

Thanks !!!

Love, Leens
Old 06-04-2002, 10:27 AM   #14  

Hey! I am hungry....Debkay, save me some of that salad and Leens....what are you packin in your drawer? And....Leens? What time do you think yours will be done?

Got to run and get mom BUT I will come back... short posts could be fun! or annoying oh just skip my posts ok?

peach
Old 06-04-2002, 10:58 AM   #15  

Talking Happy Day!

Hello all! Well I am not in sync with you all but still can totally relate to the mood thing...I had felt so crappy for so long that I am just enjoying having the energy to get some things done and now am offically manic...I have gotten more accomplished in the past few days than the past several weeks...I know that about myself...I just try to ride out the rough times, and go when I can

Sorry to hear about the awful Mondays that played out! Sometimes life sucks!

What I want to know is ....are we all gonna see the pics from NJ?

Dying to put a face to a name.

I have a scanner and pics on disc but have no idea how to post....if I can figure it out I will put some pics up too.

OK, well have a good day all! I am off to girlfriends with dd 4...the kids will play and we will visit and scrap.

It is a tough life Liz

P.S. Who ever said we have to have something for our kids to do every single day.....sometimes just hanging out at home and letting them entertain themselves is a good life lesson....I ran around so much with my first born that she is now so high maintenance and thinks every day has to be a party...I put my foot down on that one about 3 years ago when I was so exhausted that I wanted to get in my car and drive far far away all by myself

Bye for now