Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 10:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Freakin Friday, May 24th Yahooo

Hi Girls,

I'm being watched seriously today so I need to make this short and sweet.

How's everyone. Things are okie dokie here SOSDD. The weekend looks good. Cant wait to get the house clean - sick huh. I dunno a clean house / car just makes me feel good but who has the time ???

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and can stay OP. Iknow I can't

TTYL, Love Leens

TALK TO YOU ON TUESDAY YAHOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!
Old 05-24-2002, 12:39 PM   #2  

Angry Good day!

Hi, going for a weigh in today! Think I am down...have 20 year high school reunion in July and won't be near as thin as I was hoping to be......mad at myself...a year ago I was exactly where I am today...10 pounds lighter actually....I am a self destructive beast, but I'm me! Have a great day! Liz
Old 05-24-2002, 12:41 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy,

With or without that 10 lbs WE LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!
You crack me up "self destructive beast" haaaaaaa you sound just like me lol.

Love Me
Old 05-24-2002, 01:02 PM   #4  

Default Mornin'

Hi Leens and Lizzy and those to come,

I had a whole post here and then for some reason did a bonehead thing and hir re-load and it all poofed!!

Anyway, Leenie.. yeaaaa Weekend!!! You can come clean my house after you are done with yours.... I'll feed you.

Lizzy, I am glad you are you. otherwise, I wouldn't have someone I like to torment so much. I don't know if you ever have been to any of your reuinions before, but I have. I went to my 10 year one. Most of the men had lost hair on their heads and grown facial hair to compensate and the skinny cheerleaders had all gotten fat. It was very strange.. was like no time had passed, but a ton of time actually had. The people were essentially the same as they always had been.

Not much here.. quiet day at work. A lot of people have taken the day off. I came in a few minutes before 7 this morning, so I can leave a few minutes before 4. I already am planning for an hour commute going home.. holiday traffic in my direction is always the pits. Going to dinner at a gfs house tomorrow.. buying clothes, I hope tomorrow as well. Not much else going on other than some chores this weekend.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday... and Leens, what's this baloney about not til Tuesday. I *know* you have a computer at home and you can take 5 mins to say hello.. so there.
Old 05-25-2002, 02:13 AM   #5  

Default Saturday 25th of May

Hello everyone,

It's 1:50 a.m. and I can't sleep, so I came in to see what everyone was up to.

I had a dinner party tonight, 10 guests. Cooked all day long and everything went over well...made pork kabobs, grilled herb chicken, grilled portabello mushrooms, grilled eggplant, zucchini and summer squash, red and green peppers and onions all seasoned and grilled. Cheese tortellini in a basil and sun dried tomato vinegarette. Ranch style potato salad and YES LINDA....cheesecake!!!!!!! Oh, and we started with a loaded Antipasto and fresh Italian bread.....I was pretty good only ate TWICE as much as I should have LOL. Actually, I ate mostly all veggies, just should of made some without the marinate for myself. Oh well.

I think the worst part of having something like that is the darn clean up...I love to cook but I make the biggest mess!!! I clean as I go, but there is always such a mess when I get done. I could never do one of those cooking shows. LOL

We have two cookouts to attend this weekend...FOOD, FOOD, and more FOOD. Life just isn't fair!!

Hope all of you have a nice holiday weekend...be good!!

Meg
Old 05-26-2002, 03:41 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone.

I'm home all alone this Sunday. Not a bad thing. I"m a single mom and work full-time. My daughter is 10 years old and I love her a lot. She does really demand my time and attention, though, as is her right. Sometimes, though, I get a craving for some good 'ole downtime. Here it is. I'm relaxing, cleaning house, reading and whatever else suits me. EXCEPT EATING! That is one of my greatest pleasure, after all.
Meg really hit it on the head. Food is everywhere. Part of every celebration or social event. I'm not a really extroverted person, so I don't tend to socialize much. I have one really close friend and my sister who is closer than anyone. I also have some "buds" at work that I like a lot. I rarely go out an do anything with anyone, though. And when I do, it's "let's go have lunch together" or something like that! I love to swim and I love to dance. But not in this body.
Revelation! Maybe I'll invite my friend to go for a walk with me today. O.K. Enough blabbering. thanks for reading.

Jen

P.S. Meg, I'm sure you would be perfect for one of those cooking shows. You don't think they clean up after themselves, do you?!!!
Closed Thread