Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Sassy-nobody seems to be in here anymore I guess everyone else feels like they dont fit in too!! ok well just got home from work catch you all lata
Old 01-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #62  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

I hope everyone is doing okay! I am feeling down and not up to anything. I'm just really frustrated with myself wondering how I could possibly let myself gain all of this weight and if I will ever get down to a decent size. I want to jump on the scale and see if I've made progress but if I haven't lost any weight or worse gained I'll feel even more discouraged!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #63  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

Sassy, so good to "see" you!! I've been wondering where you were. I miss your posts!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Nothing much going on here. Feels cold. Hubby replaced a different part in our furnace and its still not working properly. I just don't know any more. We've had three techs from two different companies and still have the same problem. I'm to the point of saying to heck with it and lets get a wood stove!! Actually I would love a wood stove but I have no idea where we would put it. We are sure collecting a lot of spare parts!

Well I should go and find something to fix for dinner, kids are hungry.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 01-18-2009, 04:51 AM   #64  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All

Yeah I just haven't been feeling as "blue" as I used too so I just guess I just felt like I didn't "fit in" here. But I really like the people here.

I am trying to decide which plan to follow. Having a tough time. I was all gung ho about the new WW's Momentum plan then I just saw another plan on tv just now that I am looking into. Its the Michael Thurmond WL Plan? I saw lots of people at 3FC's are on it or have tried it, but have had conflicting stories. Some say its great and others say it was way too restrictive? So I dunno?

So far I have just been trying to eat as healthy as possible but I have had a lot of trouble with it. But I am not sure about spending the $$ on either plan. Maybe it would be more beneficial to spend that $$ on a gym membership instead? I do have the WATP DVD and I just recently purchased a Denise Austin Daily Dozen DVD too. We also are being given an almost brand new tread mill from my fil, we don't have room for it right now, but we are going to be moving, hopefully soon into a house or a condo. We looked at a house, just waiting to hear if the landlord is gonna let us have it or what.

So I dunno I am just confused.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-18-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #65  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi girls,

Hope everyone is doing ok. Cant' believe how fast the day goes by.

Have a good week a head

Leenie
Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hello all

I feel a bit of an intruder, it's been ages since I last posted here... been feeling kind of blah I guess, too much booze over Christmas and New Years, always leaves me on a downer.... and several pounds heavier.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to everybody. Hope you're all well and that all who are having a really hard time right now continue to find the strength to cope.

Have a good week
Old 01-19-2009, 05:31 AM   #67  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Mimzy, you are always welcome here. I packed on a few over the holidays as well. I should be trying to do more about it than I am.

Firstly let me say that no human should be up this early. Anyway, since I have NO day off for as far as the eye can see I was just trying to figure out how I can cope with this a little better. The only answer is not the one I want: exercise. There's nothing that gives you more energy and a better outlook than that.

Crap.

Have a good day all.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang

I just wanted to drop in and wish everybody a great week!

I have to share that I walked 5 miles with Leslie Sansone on Saturday. I was pumped. I've walked 4 miles lots of times when I had the time to walk for an hour HA but I don't think I've ever walked 5 whole miles at one time. yea for me I walked a total of 12 miles last week which I was glad about since the week before I was sick as a dog with a stomach bug. awwww life, there is always something going on

I also walked 2 miles this morning. The walking feels great!

Sassy - can I put my 2 cents in for what's its worth LOL personally, I don't see the need to pay money for a gym membership if you have stuff that you can do at home like the dvds or treadmill. For me, I would never make it to a gym, but I can get up at 5 (most of the time) and get my exercising in for the day. If I was gonna put my money somewhere it would be with WW where I knew I would be going in each week to weigh in and have meetings that would really help and to work a plan that we all know works - but of course - this is just me. Everybody has to do what works best for them. I know I have friends that tell me they would never work out at home, but if they pay for a gym membership then they make themselves go and they work out harder bec they are around other people - so yea - everybody is different and I'm just saying what works for me. Let us know what you decide to do.

Hey Hope - I totally agree with you on the exercise stuff how nothing else gives you more energy or a better outlook. it makes a world of difference for me in so many ways!

I hope everybody has a GREAT day!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-19-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #69  

Sassy - I was looking at the Denise Austin Daily Dozen dvd on amazon. they have a clip from the dvd. I was wondering have you gotten to try it yet, and if so, what do you think about it? I might want to get this one but was wondering what you thought about. thanks, Cathy
Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #70  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

I'm glad I'm not in a cranky mood like the other day!!

Hi Mimzy, your avatar is cute. I'm a huge fan of candles. I always have at least one going in my house. I also gained a few pds during Thanksgiving/Christmas season. I personally think it's just the hardest time to lose weight

I'm sorry Hope that you didn't get the day off. I think you are right about the exercising. I tried drinking tons of diet pepsi (caffeine) last week and only crashed or was so hyper and stayed up until 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning.

Hi Cathy, I'm glad you mentioned the walk off the pounds and other dvds. I'm getting a bit bored with my treadmill and sometimes it's too cold outside so I'm looking to add some variety. Have you been successful doing the walking dvds?

Everyone else hang tight!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #71  

hey butterfly girl - I love Leslie's dvds! if you are already walking on a treadmill I would get some of her new dvds that are more of a workout then the older stuff - like her Walk Slim series or her new 5 mile Fat Burning Walk. You might want to check out our posts on the Walk Away the Pounds thread at:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159867
hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I am feeling much much better finally!!! I actually want to get up in the morning. Like this morning I was up before the kids and getting ready...which the last two weeks I would only get up because my 2 year old was up!!! Like since I started feeling better I realize how bad it had actually gotten. I might actually pay for a yearly membership with income tax. For me if I put the money into it I WILL DO IT because i dont want to waste the money I have that hanging over my head. Plus they have child care so I can get a little break without taking away family time from everyone else. When I am home I always find other things to do than to work out...so I really think that the gym will work for me. Ok well I am going to go...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #73  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Good for you momof4! I think that is a great idea.

Good to see you Cathy. I'm impressed with all the walking. Way to go.

I'm fight a slight cold. I refuse to be sick! I have no time for that.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Thanks Hope Yeah, I feel the same the same way about exercise... so beneficial and yet, hmmm, somehow I can't help wishing there was something else that could do the job equally well, preferably something that involves lots of lying around doing nothing. I hope you manage to get a day off soon.. and that you manage to beat that cold... lots of hot drinks and vitamin C!

Hi Butterflygurl, That's great that you're feeling better, I know how bad it feels when you have those days where you just beat yourself up. My avatar is actually glasses of juice BTW! I have mad cravings for fruit juice. Now that you mention it though, they do look like coloured candles! I love candles too, when I feel stressed I often light a scented candle to cheer myself up.

Momof4, glad it's starting to work out for you, that feeling when you can hardly drag yourself out of bed is just the worst, so that's really something that you've found the energy to get up and go!

Hi to everyone else

I'm off back to bed, it's early morning for me, 4am.... woke up too early. I just know that I'm going to be wide awake and then just when my alarm goes off at 6:30 I'll suddenly be ready to sleep.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #75  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone
Closed Thread