Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #16  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi everyone!

Marianne - I totally think cleaning off your desk is a HUGE deal, but then I'm not even sure I have a desk under all this stuff anymore. Maybe the stuff ate it... For me, messiness is both a symptom and an aggravator of my depression. It just makes me so twitchy!

Mof4 - Ah, just think in a few years they will all be in school! You can make it - I know you can! In the meantime, maybe institute a "game" with prizes for the child who can be silent the longest?

Spoz - yah, I can totally walk and run in the snow, but the heat - yech.

Everyone else - hope you all are doing well!

As to me, I had a very bad night last night. I ended up eating fast food and sitting on my butt instead of getting anything done. And this was to be my start of a new and rededicated diet, right? Ha... I think I've decided that I need to chuck the beer in my fridge leftover from a party I had a couple weeks ago. I've never been a beer drinker, but since I bought it, I've gotten in the habit of having a bottle after dinner, etc. But you know what? I think it makes me lazy. And it doesn't even taste good, ptewy. I'd rather have cake for the cals... Seems like a waste, but oh well.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 07-22-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Well I must have done something right yesterday as the scale is going back in the right direction. So I'll try to repeat it again today work on the next five pounds and get some new digits! Nothing really happening here. DdA has her road test today. I sure hope she passes this time. Her dad took her out on Sunday and they drove downtown and even in a subdivision she went to on a previous road test so here's hoping third times a charm!!

Welcome Marianne!! Glad you joined us. And cleaning your desk is a huge deal! I feel way better after I find the kitchen table, actually maybe I should focus on that today!

amarie I agree about the cals! I always figure if I'm going to have 300 empty cals I'd rather have that in a chocolate bar form instead of a drink!

spoz congrats on picking yourself up! You have the rest of the day to make better choices!

Heather

momof4 enjoy your night out! And like amarie said, they will be in school soon enough.

mimzy I hope you get everything sorted out soon. You will feel so much lighter when you get that weight off of your shoulders.

leenie, hope, cathy, raven, francie and everyone else hope things are going alright for you!

Well I should go and get working on that table before I have to pick up DdA from work.

Take care everyone and have a great day!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #18  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Quick hi,

I've managed to sleep half of my day off away. We are going to lunch or whatever you'd call it at this point now and then going to see the new Bat Man movie. Let you know how it is.

Miss chatting with you all more. I am reading and trying to keep up. I've just been so tired.

TTYL
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #19  
Starting Again

I'm back. The movie was good and worth seeing. It was nice to get out and do something fun.

The dogs are doing well after having been spayed on Monday. I've been crushing their pain meds up and spreading it on a piece of ham then rolling them up. They like their ham rollups unless they get too big of a piece of a pill and then they start shaking their heads and making faces.

I bought a couple of new pairs of jeans tonight. Not fun. I had to get a bigger size and the store was out of that size so I had to go to Lane Bryant and pay double the price. GRRrrrr. I guess that's what I get for over-eating.

to all the newbies!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #20  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default First Wobble

Hey Chickies!

I have started posts a couple of different times to you guys! Either I lost it in cyberspace or I had to go take care of something! It seems like there have been quite a few of us missing these days...I hope we all get back here soon!

So, okay, I have been doing the RR food plan for over a month now and was getting pretty sure of myself...then yesterday happened...it was very sneaky... The day before I had a piece of natural juice apple pie...no problem...then for dinner I had this thing I bought at the store that is sort of like a french bread pizza...I had some protein milk to make sure I got my protein in thinking I would be all good...nope...I ended up having a piece of chocolate mint brownie and about an hour later I was yelling at DH & DD about a CONTAINER!!! Can you say sugar mood!!!!! So...not quite so full of myself today...I went back to basics and did the food and today has been just fine.. I am loving my new crockpot and rice cooker!!! I steamed corn on the cob in the rice cooker and it turned out great!!! I am not hating cooking like I used to! I love using the crockpot! Cleanup is so easy and you don't have to stand over it all day! Awesome! I also went to pilates today and my ankle is doing really well...I got the word from the hospital today on the mole I had removed...it is just one of those moles you get "after 30" great... Ah well I am just glad it is benign... I am going with DH to Drs appts tomorrow so I better get off of here and go take DD for a walk so I can get to bed at a decent time!!

Luv luv Everybody!!!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 AM   #21  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all

Just slogging along at this silly job, and trying to not think in the evenings.

Ran 9 miles last night - a new record for me Nothing else of news - love you all
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #22  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

@ You Beauties !!!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

I thought I would come back and have birthday wishes from my chics....depressingly NOTHING...Oh well such is life
As to kids being in school I am homeschooling so that will not happen. We are doing the charter/cyber school that they give them their own puter and printer and have online virtual classes and then I help them get everything else done....Its all good I will make it.

Yesterday i realized that me and dh are getting too old to do amusement parks and they are no fun with out the kids...I enjoyed the water park more than the reg. Plus i never used to get sick on rides but i did yesterday!!
Ok gotta go pack stuff for camping...lata
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #24  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

momof4: Sorry its a day late! (I looked on the birthday list and I didn't see your name, sorry) Sorry you didn't really enjoy the amusement park, but I'm sure just the time alone with your hubby must have been nice.

Heather WOW!9 miles!! thats amazing! I can't quite imagine running that far!

Raven good to hear that your mole was benign. Thats great news. I really love my crockpot as well. I don't use it as much as I probably should but I do enjoy letting it do its thing when I do. And I would never have thought of using a rice cooker to cook corn. We have a rice cooker here that I've never used maybe I'll have to see about steaming veggies in it.

Hope its good to see you. Glad your pups are doing fine after their surgery. We use to use cheese to hide pills for my mom's dog when she got old and needed meds. Sorry about the pants tho. I'm sure you will see a turn around soon with all the walking you have to do at your new job. DdC really enjoyed the new Batman movie as well, but then again she is a bit of a batman freak. That was her birthday theme this year as I ended up making her cake look like buildings with batman and robin on them and orange bat shapes around the edges. (First time I ever worked with fondant, interesting!)

Hi Everyone else! Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!

Well yesterday was a good day as DdA passed her road test and can now drive herself!! I'm sure it was the practice with her dad on Sunday that helped Plus this being her third try! Thankfully she doesn't have any work today so we are hoping to get some things done around here. I never got to my table yesterday so thats still on the agenda and our front yard is a clover field that should get cut. Oh and I have a load of laundry outside that should be super fresh as its spent two nights out there I really do need to organize myself better. Oh well.

I should go and get some breakfast.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K

Last edited by buddly; 07-23-2008 at 12:11 PM.
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #25  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all!

Mof4 - sorry I missed the day yesterday too. I tend to do that a lot - and once more for kicks

Everyone else - I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm tired and need to get some work done. Ta!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #26  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Belated Happy Birthday Mom!!! I never see whose birthday it is... Hope it was great
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #27  
Get through today

Hey ya'll!

Happy Birthday Mof4! I hope it was a wonderful day. Amusement parks and camping, it sounds like you have a busy week!

Buddly -- congrats to your dd on the license! I'm so glad a person only has to take that test once, not sure I would pass now! And I just cut grass today, it was amazonian and fills with lots of things besides grass (bugs, weeds, garden gnomes...)

HeatherAngel -- 9 miles?? That is so amazing! You are my inspiration for today!!!

Leenie -- thank you!

Ravengirl -- Aren't new cooking tools awesome! I loved new cool gadgets in the kitchen, and I hoping one of these days it will excite me enough to love cooking as well.

Hope4me -- I want to see that movie, it's been getting great reviews. And I hear you about buying clothes, I'm on strike until I need to buy new ones because my current ones are too small (ha!).

Amarie -- Why is it we have that ingrained in us, to not waste no matter if we want it or not? Maybe there is someone to pawn it off on? Otherwise I say chuck it and save your cals for something yummy!

Spoz -- That is a good plan, to just pick up from where you are. You can't change what happened, but you can make a better decision now, and now... and now. ~=) somedays I wish chocolate was a veggie, but then I probably woudn't want it!

And to everyone else, than you for the kind words and welcome!!!!

As for me... Today was an off day, I've contacted a few places for therapy, and but I was feeling ok yesterday so I'm like "oh, it's not that bad", but I know that isn't true. I just need to take a deep breath and do it. It's starting to affect my work and the few people I have left in my life. I did cut the grass today, and I caught up with an old friend yesterday, I haven't seen her in almost 5 years (my issues, of course). I guess that's why I'm here and looking for someone to talk to here as well. Life. Well, time for dinner!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:22 PM   #28  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Default Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Hey Chickie...sorry I goofed it but I didn't even know there was a birthday list...I have to rely on other more organized people for that sort of thing...but trust me...you are loved and if we would have realized it there would have been all sorts of hoopla! Sorry to hear that your trip to the amusement park didn't go well...I love the rides! But I have to only go for limited amounts and space them out a little. DH has never enjoyed rides (and now they are out anyway for obvious reasons!) So DD and I usually go on our own and knock ourselves out!

Also, DH has been worrying about this blip that he saw on his last MRI scan that he didn't see in the one before...(it turns out it was there after all) and was worried about it...today it came to a head before we finally got the answer that it has been on the other scans and it is nothing to be concerned about. We spent half the day at the hospital and then I think we were both just so relieved that it was off our mind that we cuddled and snoozed for most of the afternoon. I didn't get to yoga class, my Mom called because I didn't make my usual morning call...and my eating schedule got disrupted so I ate some extra stuff and have been more hungry overall...sigh...

Hey Bella, good to see you around! I have been on prozac for about a year and now am getting ready to begin tapering off of it...I discovered that my feelings were mainly being caused by the way I was eating...namely sugar and white flour I am following Kathleen Desmaisons program now...been doing it for a little over a month and am having huge success with it! I thought maybe I would need therapy of some sort and have read some books on depression and cognitive therapy but now I think that this food program is going to make the most difference in my life.

Buddly!!! Yeay, I LOVE being able to wander off and do what I need to do instead of standing over the stove! My new rice cooker has a steamer basket and instructions on cooking fish and veggies and all sorts of stuff. It is so weird, I have always pretty much hated cooking!!! I can't believe I am getting into it now.

Awesome job on the running Heather!!!

Hope...yeah...DD have been just waiting for the crowds to die out for the new Batman movie...we have wanted to see it since we first saw the previews!

Spoz...aww...every one of us has been there...me...I practically lived there until about a month ago...I have finally been shown the key...I still have to put it in the lock and continue to use it but at least I found it! You just have to keep at it and find what will work for you...you can do it...I know it...

Hey Mimzy! Hope you get it worked out really soon, we all know the stress involved with money issues...Here's hoping everything is better soon...

Welcome Marianne! Lots of new faces around here! Love love love that!! Keep it coming!

Amarie: Get moving now!!! No excuses! If I can get going again when I don't want to you can too!!! I am dragging you with me!!!

Hey Leenie!!! You feeling better hon? Hope so...

Sassy???? Where are you girlie? We miss you...come on...stop hiding!!!

Francie! You better be having lots of happy hubby fun cuz that is the only excuse I am taking for you not filling us in on how you are doing!!!

If I missed anyone...well...I plead stress amnesia... I better go get my dinner so I don't take anyones head off later!!!

OOH!!! MINDFREAK IS STARTING SEASON 4 tonight!!!! THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!!!! Criss Angel...
I'll just be floating off now...see ya Chickies!!!

Last edited by Ravengirl; 07-23-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: typo!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #29  
Starting Again

Momof4: So sorry. I said I've been reading, but obviously not processing very well.

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

I'm happy to say I'm off tomorrow. Can't wait to sleep in again. I don't have any plans really except a couple of errands and bills.

I'm going to see Mama Mia with a couple of girls I work with on Friday night. It looks like a fun movie.

Heather: You go girl. I can't imagine running that far. Gosh I need to get my butt in gear.

Bella: Yeah, sometimes I let good days fool me, but looking for a good therapist is important. I've let so many things slide b/c of depression and fat, it's sad. I'm already thinking of skipping my high school reunion next year.

Buddly: You can do so many things I can't do like sew and make Bat Man cakes. You make a great mommy. I'll need to mow again too after tonight's rain. I'm not complaining though b/c we need it badly.

Amarie: Don't you leave soon? How's the packing and remodeling going?

Raven: Glad the mole was benign. I hope your dh got equally good news. to both of you.

Cathy and Leenie: You must still be busy busy busy.

Sassy and Francie??

Still looking forward to getting to know all you newbies!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #30  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi All, Sassy here! Be prepared Y'all its a Long One!!!! LOL!!!

Hi All, Sassy Here!!! Be prepared y'all its a long one! lol.

First lemme tell Momof4: HAPPY BELATED BDAY!! I hope it was a good one!

WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!

Heather, hon, WTG on the 9 miles!!!! YOU ROCK GIRLIE!!!!!

Everybody else, I will get to you, just lemme get some sleep first!!! lol.

Well I just got back from my Dr. Why? I think I have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) So they took a urine sample and are gonna send it off to check for cultures to be sure they are giving me the correct anti-biotic. But he did mention that I have Protein in my Urine. Now I looked online and that can be caused from me being a Diabetic. He didn't say how much, but did lecture me about getting my A1C done (blood tests for Diabetes) because he said that protein in the urine can mean kidney damage!!! Ok so he tells me this like he is telling me that my shoe is untied and all the while pushing me out the door (not literally but you know what I mean) My dr has never been this way before and I know he was very busy before I came in, but still??? U don't just tell somebody that and then say "Goodbye have a good day" So for right now at this moment, I am not gonna worry about it until there is cause to worry, so I am not asking for any info. (not right now at least) Thanks so much, but I don't wanna worry myself anymore than I have too. Cuz I'm a worrier!!! lol.

So I dunno. I've been seeing this dr for about 4 or 5 yrs now, but I may change. Like my mil has always said, "Drs are like plumbers, you hire them and you can fire them if your not satisfied." My mil is a retired ICU nurse.

Here I thought I was doing pretty good here lately and my dr has to totally "rain on my parade" lol. I haven't been eating fast food in a long time and infact do not even want it anymore like I used too crave it. Now the thought of it makes me sick, if you can believe that coming out of my mouth!!! lol.

Now for the hardest part of all...........giving up my Mt.Dew. That is a toughie that I have been struggling with for many, many, many years. I quit for a while then go right back to it. But I know I HAVE to give it up. I don't like Diet Pop so I just wanna give it all up period. So I came home and figure no time like the present and got me some water. I am hot and sweaty anyways from waiting forever in the stupid drs office waiting room forever to get seen for only 5 MINUTES!!! GRRRR!!! Anyways...........lol.

On my lunch I went to the grocery store that I have been going too to grab some lunch and here lately I just have not been hungry at all. (I know shocker there as well) So I have been eating very small meals, just more frequently. I have also been getting off my duff at work and moving around, infact my co worker tonight made a comment about me "getting up AGAIN" lol. I told him, "It doesn't hurt me none to get up and move around" Also I walk around the Grocery Store too, that is another benefit of going there. I even walked down the candy aisle looked at chocolate and WALKED AWAY!!!!

So I think I have been doing good, can I do better? YES!! I can, but its a good start and I feel that its different this time. I know I've been down this road many, many, many, many, many times, but I honestly feel different. I wanna order a book I was looking through at the store, its called, "Clean Eating" By Tosco Reno. Anybody ever read it?

I also want to buy me an organizer. I need one cuz my life is a mess! lol. Something to keep track of EVERYTHING!!! Food, Blood Sugars, Meds, exercise, EVERYTHING is getting written down!!!! Its gonna be titled, "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!!!" lol. And I am gonna take it with me EVERYWHERE I go!!!!

I also am going to purchase a scale to keep track of my weight. We already have a food scale, but we want a better one. DH has been cooking for me every night that he was off, bless his sweet heart!!! Even though I didn't each much at all...........

Oh and speaking of DH, he starts his new shift (mine) on Sunday night!!! So we will now be on the SAME shift!!!

OH and also my Dept. has a new supervisor, so I am no longer under the "Weasel" anymore!!! AND our new supervisor? Is a LONG time friend of DH's, he was down talking to my dept. today (after I had already left) and told DH he wants to talk to me on either Monday or Tuesday morning (when I am working) He wants to know EVERYTHING about what has been going on, I told DH, "how much time does the man have?" lol. I plan on making a list.

OMG you all, I just feel that big black dark cloud lifting off of me, FINALLY! It feels SO good!!! I see life so differently now! What has been wrong with me???!!! I am so dense, complaining and not doing nothing about it! Not getting out and enjoying life!!! Well no more! My new goal is to work my way up to walking as much as possible so when we go on vacation the end of September, we can go out and enjoy ourselves, maybe even go on a HIKE! I haven't been on one in a LONG time and I used to SO love taking a good hike!!! I love nature, so I plan on going out and enjoying it! I don't care how many stares, looks, I get, I don't care!!!! I am doing this for me, not anybody else!! They can look and stare all they want. Infact if they want an autographed picture, they can ask me for one!!!

Well I guess that is enough for now. lol.............plus I need to take a shower and get to bed........

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote