Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:45 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly Chit Chat July 7th - 13th

Good Morning All,

Starting up the new thread, another week bites the dust. lol.

Once again I want to offer BIG BIG to everyone who is having a difficult time right now. Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk. Remember I am up all night long.......working. ha ha. So feel free to pm me if your up and cannot sleep, etc, etc.........

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #2  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi girls - happy new week.

Cathy - I'm in! 3 more days off...and then maybe another 3?

Heather - No words, hun, just

Sassy - . Old, schmold. I'm not buyin it. Oh and here - have some gouda.

Leenie, Mof4 -

Well guys, I climbed back on the binge wagon today I ate fast food, which I almost never do anymore, and tonight ended up driving to the grocery store and bought a bunch of unhealthy crap - then ate it .

I just felt like my stomach was empty empty, only it wasn't really my stomach. It was more like a great big sad saggy bit in my heart, and no amount of junk food will fill that up. Its gonna sound so silly, but I was painting today, and it just made me want to cry because I really love my house, and I'm never really gonna get to live in it all finished. I'm so tired of making homes beautiful and then leaving them for someone else to enjoy.

But I have to make sure I don't turn to food as a salve - otherwise I'll end up back where I started this year.

Big to everyone who needs one right now. You're all in my thoughts.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 AM   #3  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ya Amarie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarie2pt0 View Post
Hi girls - happy new week.

Sassy - . Old, schmold. I'm not buyin it. Oh and here - have some gouda.

Well guys, I climbed back on the binge wagon today I ate fast food, which I almost never do anymore, and tonight ended up driving to the grocery store and bought a bunch of unhealthy crap - then ate it .

I just felt like my stomach was empty empty, only it wasn't really my stomach. It was more like a great big sad saggy bit in my heart, and no amount of junk food will fill that up. Its gonna sound so silly, but I was painting today, and it just made me want to cry because I really love my house, and I'm never really gonna get to live in it all finished. I'm so tired of making homes beautiful and then leaving them for someone else to enjoy.

But I have to make sure I don't turn to food as a salve - otherwise I'll end up back where I started this year.

Big to everyone who needs one right now. You're all in my thoughts.
As they say, "You are only as old as you feel!" lol. I have never tried Gouda Cheese. Hmmmm. lol.

Don't beat yourself up about the unhealthy binge. It happened, it has passed, you learned from it. Next time you are feeling blue and want to eat, write it down. Write down the date, time, place, why you are feeling that way and why you want to eat and what would food do to resolve this feeling of saddness? Maybe if you keep track you can pinpoint what is triggering it. Only a thought. I should take my own advice shouldn't I? lol

Awwww sorry your blue about your house. At least you have a house! lol. DH & I still live in our crappy apt and I get so sad thinking about all those homes out there needing residents to take care of them. Sounds like a puppy doesn't it? lol. But I know one day we will own our own home, it may not be anything wonderful, but it will be ours and that is what is important. Hey maybe have a decorating party, invite some friends, family, etc and have them help you out? You could do one room at a time? Only a thought.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Girlies

Have a great week ahead

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

morning everyone....I am going to try a start this week positive and watch my calories like crazy and get in some more excercise. I have gotta step this up because I am tired of feeling fat and guilty 24/7.....so a new week is a new start!!!

MeA-that is soooo sad I would be sad too...my BIL did the same thing to his house and it looked so nice and i was like I cant believe he isnt staying...

Sassy-You....your something....have a great day of sleep...lol....

Wheres everyone else?? buddly, Leenie, Ravan, Hope, Shop, sugamomma, dgramie...anyone else I am forgetting with my mother of young kids syndrome......Are you all still in BED??? WELLLLLL GGGEEETTTTTT UUUUPPPPP!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #6  

Hi Leenie..you musta been posting while I was...MORNING!!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #7  

Hey guys feeling good..I did a few minutes on eliptical (friend said mine is way harder cause its older or something...but I have to build up on that) & Did a bunch on this ab lounge2..It doesnt feel so much like working out but I can feel the soreness in my abs while and after doing them....really trying to get my focus back not just in losing weight but in life. If I am focused on the right thing (God) then I will be able to stand no matter what I face. I have been doing awful these last two weeks in everything. So in deciding all this I really feel I need to do a fast a few days from everything....food, puter, phone, communication (except what I have to with the kids).....I believe this will help me get on focus....so if you dont hear from me that is why!!!

If you noticed I changed my ticker I am going to worry about 10lbs at a time. I will work my butt off as if I only have 10lbs to lose and 10lbs is nothing!! RIGHT...lol....

Ok lata chicks!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #8  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Good Morning My Lovelies!!!

I have been soooo busy! And this morning doesn't look any different! I only have a couple of minutes so I will try to be back later and do individuals. The new program is still going fabulous!!! I feel awesome! I am going to go to Yoga this morning and work out a few kinks that I have in my upper back...I have been getting in my cardio and neglecting my stretches...bad me... I also have to go to the library, take the cans to the recycler thingig, make an appt to have a mole looked at...and call and check on the parental units! So yeah...full plate today...

So I am just going to say... to everyone who is having a hard time...we have all been there...you can get through...you are all in my thoughts...

Luv luv Everybody!!!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

I'm gonna be real quick right now. I just started reading "The Host" and I wanna get back to it, lol. But I think it's time to donate my hair now. If it's 10 inches, then I'm gonna make an appt to get it cut and styled. My hair will probably be kinda short for awhile..but eh, its just hair. It'll grow back. I'm donating my hair to Locks of Love in memory of my mom & aunt.

http://www.locksoflove.org/

When Fonzo gets home, I'm gonna have him measure my hair..I'll let you know how long it is. Please let it be 10 inches or more!!! Okay..back to book!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead! and had a great weekend.

TOM arrived and is kicking my butt. Just absolutely no oomph anywhere. I did try to turn over my garden patch on Friday. Was out there for about 3/4's of an hour and got it about half done. Then of course we had these spectacular thunder and lightening storms with down pours so now the clay is wet and sticky. But the lightening show was something else to watch! My weight had been going up and up so I'm going to have to copy momof4 and regroup and try a different tactic. Reports say that even 10 min of exercise adds up so I may have to start that tactic.

heather- my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sassy enjoy your sleep.

Raven you sound busy today, enjoy your stretches! I remember that being my favorite part of exercising, but that was when I was flexible and my stomach didn't push my boobs to try to suffocate my in the plough position!!!

momof4 good luck to you. Reconnecting to God is always a good start. I enjoy the lightness and emptiness of fasting but find it so hard while caring for a family. My MIL was doing a food fast every Friday I don't know if she still is.

amarie I'm sorry I just don't know what to say, but you are in my thoughts.

Hi Leenie, cathy, sugar, francie,hope and everyone else!

Welcome dgramie! I look forward to getting to know you better. The more the merrier in here!

I better get going I put the dishes from last night in to soak and I really should get them done before I have to leave to pick up DdA from work.

Take care everyone!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Hi All.

Hope your all doing well.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #12  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi girls.

I had a busy productive day today. Thinking of you all, just too tired to do a big post.

take care.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #14  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Default Guess What????

I sprained my ankle...bad...and get this! It was *after* an awesome Ashtanga yoga class!!! I had a fabulous class...felt wonderful...floaty...and perfect..finished talking to the instructor about her upcoming sale of yoga items at her house over the weekend and was leaving the classroom...now they have a raised wooden floor...I don't know if it is under construction or what...but I have seen the signs and am usually very careful about it. Apparently not yesterday...I have a weak right ankle...I hurt it really bad when I was 16 and it just has never been the same. Well, it rolled, threw me down, I hit my knee, my head, and was completely embarassed! Luckily butterfly girl didn't see me, she had her back to me, but two little kids did see me and surprise of surprise...didn't laugh!!! They actually looked concerned and asked if I was ok! Kind of restores my faith a little bit in some people... I was very surprised and touched...
So, I didn't get to the library or anything else done yesterday, DH left work and took me to the Dr. They Xrayed it and it isn't broken...(kinda wish it was...cast...) They wrapped it for me, did loan me some crutches and gave me some nifty pain meds (which I actually haven't had to use other than the Naproxen) I am icing it in intervals and trying to stay off it...ugh...that puts me out of commission for I don't know how long...ugh...hopefully I don't lose too much ground...I can't even stand on the scale to check...
Well, Chicas, I had better get back to the couch and the ice pack...sorry I don't have more energy...

luv luv Everybody...and hang in there to all the strugglers...
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #15  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm back in town

I had a good trip, I'll tell you about it later. Thinking of you all!!!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote