Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

francie... bummer about the boy being gone but that's such a sweet email! i know i'm going to freak out when my bf leaves - looks like in a month or two he's going to montana and i am going to arizona.

leenie - so sorry to hear about your pup. i'm a huge dog lover and just thinking about it breaks my heart.

my bf made me dinner for my birthday - AMAZING manicotti - and did the dishes without being asked. he also brought me flowers (iris, my favorite... you can see them in my new avatar but they really opened up today so i should take a new pic). So that was lovely and then we went out and met up with some friends and i drank A LOT of wine. oops.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #32  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Where in Az will you be?? I'm from there!! BTW..I like your pic!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #33  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all!

Iris - where in MT will your BF be going? I'm from THERE. Haha

Hope - Thinkin of you. I'm sorry you're in a rough patch. Have fun at your friend's house!

Leenie - Susie is such a beauty!

Heather - Break a leg, and have fun. On opening night, when all the roses are being passed out, think of one from me to you - if I knew where to send a physical one I would, but I guess a mental rose will have to do!

Well girls, I'm feeling a little sad today. I just came back from class and it hit me that this was my last class with these kids. Most of them will be leaving next week, and by the time they come back to school next fall I will have moved to Oregon They are some of the coolest people I've ever known, and I feel bummed that I won't be around to work with them next year. They are going to go on to become awesome people. I'm really gonna miss them.

I have always had a really tough time with transitions, particularly endings of things. I feel kinda like crying right now, because I know that things will change, and even though there will be good things to come, I don't want to let go of the good things I've had. I'm trying to remember that life is like a river. The river doesn't stop just because it really likes the rocks it is flowing over; it keeps moving, knowing that it has someplace to go, and other beautiful rocks will come. OK, so maybe thats a little sappy, but it seems to resonate for me.

Anyway, I could use some hugs I guess. I'm so very glad that no matter where my life takes me I will always be able to log on and "see" you wonderful friends! Thanks so much for all the friendship and support you have given me this year!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #34  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Happy Friday!!!

Hi Peeps!

Man I am so sore! My back is achin' with all this rain we are gonna be getting. I took another dose of my pain medicine, hasn't even touched it yet! So not sure how much cleanin will be done at this rate! lol.

DH and I both woke up today at 1 pm. That is EXTREMELY early for us night folks, esp since this is DH's long night -- 14 hrs. So I hope he can stay awake all night. He left early so he could go and look at motorcycles. He is going to buy a used one because we have to have a second mode of transportation with us being opposite shifts now. (Our new shifts begin May 10th) Plus it will be cheaper on gas. Well DH just called, seems that most dealerships at least don't have any used bikes. But they had a good deal on a new one and if he puts money down, he'd only be financing part of it. So we'll see. He is also gonna check out craigslist and what not.

We got our gov't. money today! Bicycle here I come!!! lol.

I did so great yesterday, I drank only one glass of soda and then water the rest of the day!!! I have been craving water so I have been drinking and drinking and it curbs my appetite too.

Well ya'all I am gonna go and eat some grubb so I'll be back later!!!

Behave while I am gone! lol.

K, I am back and shopping for my bike.........Anybody who'd care to share what bike they have or would like to have, I would be grateful!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-02-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #35  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Oh Leenie, I'm so sorry! She was such a beautiful dog! I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. I hope she's up there playing with my Cami that I lost last year. I'm crying just typing this. I know you will miss her, but maybe in time you will let another furry friend into your life b/c I know you make a wonderful human parent and the need is great. My best to your family.

And 's to all who need one tonight. I'm at my friend's house now so I can't get to everybody.

Amarie: I'm the world's worst when it comes to change, even if it's for the better. I fight it even when it's in my best interest. It makes not sense. Moving though, that is a biggie.

Iris: Wow, you look so beautiful. What a great BF.

Heather: Good to see you. Congrats and good luck with the show. Hope all is looking up.

Gotta run. I'll try to check in tomorrow.

Last edited by hope4me; 05-03-2008 at 12:10 AM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #36  
~Believe~

Morning Chicks!

Have a Great Saturday!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #37  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Thank you all for the Susie hugs.... what a difference it is not having here here Today I'll be cleaning upstairs and then tonight we have a mother daughter pioneer girls fashion show lol, should be funny.

Heather good luck with the show your gonna do wonderful, I just know it.

Iris your beautiful! what a great avitar. The manicotti sounds great

Amarie, I am the same way when it comes to endings / changes. I'm so sorry you can't take all those kids with you, wouldn't that be something. Keep thinking about all the great people your going to meet and touch their lives... there's a reason for everything, I really believe that.

Sassy sorry I can't help ya with bikes... I know nothing LOL
The rain always makes my back and joints hurt.... we need dry weather don't we to feel better. Hang in there !!!

Hope, I know our pets are in heaven. God said he cares for even the sparrows so I know He's got my Susie. I'm thinking in December we will get some new furbabies..... this time 2 so they can keep each other company while I'm at work. Boy will they be spoiled, just like my Susie was

Francie how are you feeling sweetie....

Where's the rest of the new girls ?

Cathy...miss ya love
Buddly... miss you too hon

Have a great Saturday.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #38  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hey Chickies...sorry...yesterday must have just been a bad day all around...Leenie...I am so sorry about Susie...

My parents just lost their cat of 14+ years...she was a maine coone and very beautiful...and very psycho. I never did like her much but I could see the love between them and her and I cried even though I didn't like her. She had been sick for awhile I guess and they took her to a vet last week... Well...it was horrible...the vet was a jerk and my Dad got angry (Mom said it was the angriest she had seen him in years) Mom got upset...they ended up leaving with no help from the vet. They were both terribly upset and so I called around from my end and talked to several vets...explained the situation and found them one that was wonderful. But...it turned out that she had a stomach tumor (ironic because my Dad just had surgery for that...) and the Doc said she could operate but she didn't think Roses (the cat) would make it...they made the choice to put her down. I was the only one that Mom called because she knew I would understand... It was so hard hearing my Mom cry... I had just picked up my Dulcimer and started to tune it (I hadn't picked up since before DH's surgery) and she called. It made me feel horrible for the rest of the day...and it is TOM and I have a ton of things to do this weekend! Argh!

On a brighter note, TOM arriving has seemed to have made the candy compulsion go away and I have been OP since May 1st... Thanks for caring guys... And I weighed in this morning 163.5 (between 163-163.5) which is up a pound from last week but I am actually thrilled with that considering just what I have eaten this week so I am looking at it as ONLY 1 pd...

Gotta run guys...sorry I didn't have more time for individuals...
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #39  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies.

I took my benedryl this morning so I slept well and the best part -- no itching! YAY! (My skin has been very itchy lately)

Well I woke up today with a "Surprise" TOM came. GRRR. I hate that. Why can't we have nice "surprises" instead of that?

Leenie -- That is ok. I think I already found one I like. I am doing just fine, I ache every time it rains too, so I am quite used to it. I also am very grateful that I do have a job, it just frustrates me from time to time is all, which I know is normal but I am grateful, don't want it to sound like I am not. lol.

I am getting ready to "give in" and eat some pizza. We don't have much food at the apt right now, so I just went ahead and ordered.

Big
Old 05-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #40  
Starting Again

Hi ladies,

I'm up late again. Today my girlfriend and I totally cleaned and redecorated her kitchen. Well, not totally, there are some things left for tomorrow and a new hutch and pantry to pick up. I am exhausted but kind of wired up if you know what I mean. I'm sure my back will be sore tomorrow. We've always helped each other out with stuff like this since we were both single for so long. She has a depression problem too and as you know sometimes the house work can slide. It helps when you have a buddy working on it with you.

Tomorrow my mom is meeting us and I'm going to take her out to lunch for mother's day and maybe to a movie. She lives a little over an hour away.

Leenie, it is so weird around the house when someone is missing isn't it? I think getting 2 pets is a great idea. Getting our two puppies recently has been wonderful b/c they play together all day and don't miss us so much. I love to come in and find them sleeping on each other. I wonder what they're doing since DF and I have been gone. I have a friend coming over to feed and play with them every day. My stray cat who adopted us has learned to use the doggie door too so he is probably keeping our bed warm while we're away.

Raven: Sorry to hear about your parent's kitty. I hate it for them. By the way, how did you get TOM to chase away a craving? He always brings me some! I know what you mean about the pound too. I had gained 2 last week and was relieved since I had been eating so out of control for a while.

Sassy: TOM too? Y'all can keep him out of VA for as long as you want.

Whatz everybody else doing this weekend?

Last edited by hope4me; 05-04-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:41 AM   #41  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Still gray and cloudy outside the sun is such a mood stabilizer for me lol.

Whats going on ??? TOM visited me yesterday too geeze LOL.

Today DD and I are heading off to a friends for dinner, it will be so nice, can't wait. But before that I have to clean the fish tank and hamster cage...varmint.

Raven, Congratulations on your WL, your really doing wonderful. HEY !!! 1 lbs is alot. Can you imagine 1 lb a week for one year OMG!!!! puts it all into perspective doesn't it LOL Keep up the good work. I'm sorry to hear about your parents cat and the mean vet.... there is nothing worse than a mean doctor/nurse or a vet... why be in that business if you have no bedside manner or compasion???

Sassy I hear ya on the job frustration, I don't know a single person who isn't frustrated these days. Can you bring music into work or an ipod...something like that to maybe cheer you up when your there. Listening to upbeat music helps me. Sometimes I find myself bobbing around when a good song is on and I don't even realize it. Pizza's not so bad.... what i try to do is have 1 slice with a salad.

Hope thats so nice of you to help your friend redo her kitchen, it does sound like fun. Thats funny your cat figured out the doggy door LOL, I'd be afraid a racoon would come in raid my frig and watch tv LOL. jk .... Have a great time with your Mom.

Well girls, I'm gonna go read some more and then get my butt in the shower to start my day.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Leenie; 05-04-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 212/168/140

Default Hello

New here but wanted to say hi!

Interested in meeting people who understand the frustrations of depression - I was diagnosed with it 9 months ago, and loosing weight because it is soooo hard with the meds.

What normally would allow a person to loose 10 pounds takes us twice as long with twice the effort!

Ughhhh
stitchwitch1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:27 AM   #43  
Starting Again

Hi Stitch and everybody. Looks like it was quiet in here today. All of us in here feel your pain Stitch with the meds and the ups and downs, especially the downs. I'm sure a new week's thread will start by the time I wake up, but make sure to join us in there. We could use your support too!

I'm staying with my friend one more day and coming home Tuesday. I'm so exhausted from all of our work, but it will be worth it to her. We're still in the kitchen process since we couldn't get the hutch today and tomorrow we will clean out her bedroom of old clothes and clean/redo the bathroom too. I'm not sure we'll get to all of it.

I'm going to hit the hay and I'll check in tomorrow night. Have a great Monday folks!