Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #16  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

nce again: Happy Birthday Francie!

Iris: How did you both celebrate? I hope you had some fun.

Emmy: I'm so glad you have something to look forward to next year. Being near your sis will be great. Congrats on the pre-engagement. I'm so happy to hear your bad work situation will be coming to an end.

Amarie and Shop: I'm still on the Black Team and right now not doing them any favors by the way I've been eating. If I don't turn things around starting tomorrow I may have to post a gain the first week.

Cathy, Leenie, Buddly, Sassy, Heather, Stitch, Raven, and anyone I missed: What's going on?

Today I bought some new kitchen and dining room stuff: tablecloth, placemats, pictures, etc. It was fun but I totally shouldn't have b/c I can't afford it needle$$ to say. After I had to get the doggies their rabies shots and then played pool tonight. I beat a guy ranked a notch above me. Always nice. Only one more week left then the team is taking the summer off.

Looks like everyone is getting rain. We've gotten over 10" in April alone!
The next couple of days are supposed to be dry though. I'll probably mow the yard Thursday after it drys out. Df is supposed to go to Kentucky this weekend. I'm either going to stay here with the puppies or get a sitter and go visit my mom or my best friend. Not sure yet. I thought I would have a job by now, but looks like I'm still free!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:07 AM   #17  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hello!! My day has been great Fonzo made me dinner..and we watched a movie, had some yummy dessert. Then we just chilled out watching tv. It was a nice laid back birthday.

I'm sooooooooo sore from my workout this afternoon!!!

Hope~Dont worry..things will get better. I probably wont lose or gain anything.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #18  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Love you all.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 150

Height: 5" 5'

Question newbie needs help

I am a total newbie, but I am looking for support.

I joined Jenny Craig last May and have lost about 25 pounds (down from 175)... but I still have 20 left to go, and I have spent 2 visits in the hospital for depression, and it totally derailed my diet. I was sooo fixated on Jenny food and doing so well. Then I had a couple of major depressive episodes and now I am stuffing food in my mouth faster than I can buy it.

I also started a full time job and alll I do is eat at my desk all day, then sneak over to McDonalds after work so my fiance won't know.

I went back to Jenny for a couple of weeks, but cheated. Now I haven't been back for like 3 weeks.

I also was going to the gym before I started working full time. Now all my exercise is walking from my car to my office.

I am a mess and gaining a ton of weight. I have to stop, it is only making me more depressed and makes me feel more worthless than I already do.

People only call me pretty when I am about 20 to 25 pounds lighter. I think that my meds make me hungry too. I am so depressed and would love some help in how to stop stuffing my self with food to try to make myself "feel better"--- cause it aint working!! Let me know what tricks you all have, what might help. I am hiding food from my fiance, and I wake up sick to my stomache because I am so full.... Has anyone been where I am???
drella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #20  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes...I have...am...all the above. Right now I am just really struggling and this past week has been the worst in awhile... I had been on a manic candy bar binge for days...today is the first day in awhile where I haven't had anything off plan so far (although it is only 10:30 am, so maybe that isn't a whole lot but considering where my head has been lately it is huge) I don't really have anything too helpful to tell you. I use meditation, yoga, exercise, and I am on medication...but I feel like either the meds or the fact that I am perimenopausal just completely made me in an eating frenzy lately and I am so lethargic and tired alot of the time. You can only keep trying...hang in there...
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #21  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by drella View Post
I also started a full time job and alll I do is eat at my desk all day, then sneak over to McDonalds after work so my fiance won't know.

.... Has anyone been where I am???
Hi and and drella. These ladies are sooo sweet, I'm glad you found us and I hope you find this place to be as supportive as I have!

I HAVE been where are, or at least my own version of that place. I can't help with all of it, 'cause honestly I don't know how some of mine got better, but I can give a couple thoughts that have helped me.

Go get a big bowl to put on your desk and fill it with fruit. I used to nosh all day on the candy bowl in my office, so I convinced the girl whose desk it was on to swap it out for a fruit bowl. Now, if I eat fruit all day I am minimizing the damage.

As to the rest of it, hun, you sound like you are VERY unhappy about something, and maybe its something you don't want to admit to yourself. The eating and hiding food thing I used to do when I was punishing myself for something that I wasn't willing to deal with. In my case, I was in a VERY bad work situation, and was horribly depressed and self-destructing. I am now on anti-deps and in therapy to work through all the stuff that was causing me to do that to myself. With depression, I really reccomend you start with your doc... it can be so very complicated. Meds are right for some people but not others, therapy too.

Take care!

To all my other chickie girls: I am burnt out. I did my 25 min run last night, and today I've ridden my bike 6 miles already. I'm pooped. I'll come back and say a proper hello after I've rested!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:58 AM   #22  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking Hi Chicas

Hi Chicas.

Here I am. I have been still feeling like craploa. My stomach keeps feeling really bad, DH seems to think it could be from my pain meds I take for my back, so I have to go to see my dr to give him his blood he's been after me for and I am gonna talk to him about switching not only my pain meds but my anti-depressants as well. The Wellbutrin just doesn't seem to be working anymore like it used too. I've been on it about 2 yrs now.

Well TGIT! Only 5 hrs left...... Not that I am counting or anything........lol

Our co-worker we currently work with is leaving the co. in two weeks. He got another job, because they moved him to the days schedule and he couldn't afford the pay cut. (he gets 15% more for working nights)

Another lady is moving into my dept from DH's dept, she is fed up with it. I think another lady from my dept is also leaving the co. People are leaving here left and right because of the schedule changes. DH is activly looking, so I am waiting until we see what happens with him.

I need to seriously clean this weekend. I didn't do shinola last weekend due to me being sick. I wish I could take home the cleaning crew that cleans our office building, they'd get it done in no time! Think my co. would notice if I "borrowed" them for an hour or so?

I have just been SO lazy........so I figure I need to get my arse moving and get motivated already! I just feel like I've been in a slump lately. May be my meds too, so I need to get to the dr and quit talking about it. lol.

Francie -- I hope you had a Great B-day!

And to the ladies struggling -- I too can relate to the stuffing with food, feeling depressed, lack of exercise, (I too work in an office and have gained a bunch since working here! UGH!) I recently had a downslide in the depression dept, I think I need new meds.....But anyways, just wanted to say, yes, I understand.

I think mine has a lot to do with my work situation too. I need to get out of here for sure. I think that is a big reason with my depression coming back again and my stomach hurting, etc. When I was a teenager I was in a very bad depression and my stomach hurt ALL the time, infact that is how I lost weight, because I just could not eat, at least very much. My mom would have to force me to eat something. Down the road I found I had 7 Stomach Ulcers. UGH I hope they aren't back again........anywho..........Big

Amarie -- WTG on the 6 miles!! I have made up my mind I am gonna use part of our gov't check to get me a bike, doesn't have to brand new, but just something.

Hi Leenie, Heather, Cathy, Everybody Else out there!!!

Hope -- I think we all need to "splurge" sometimes. I am gonna "splurge" and get me a bike. I should put it towards bills, but I think I deserve it.

Take care all.

I'll post more on the weekend when I am outta this place! lol.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-01-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:57 AM   #23  
I was born this way hey!

Just a quick Hello to everyone I'll be back later in the day to do individuals. Fonzo is getting his stuff packed up to go. He leaves in about 2 hours So ya..I gotta go right now. I'll be back laters.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #24  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Can't talk now but I'll try to catch up soon

Love yah !!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #25  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi chickies!

I feel a lot better today! I went home last night and took a 2 hour nap, got up and ate dinner, then did laundry and went back to bed. Ahhhhhh... amazing what sleep can do for ya!

Sassy - I love my bike ! Its kinda fancy-schmancy (my parents bought it for me for Christmas a couple years ago), but I adore it. Its a "comfort" style bike - kinda old schoolish, the kind where the bar connecting the seat post to the handle bar is at an angle (which means I don't, um.. high-center myself when I step off the seat!) I used to have a mountain bike with like 21 gears, oh please. I probably use 4 gears, and all that shifting just confused me! I hope you find an affordable one you like!

Francie - I'm sorry Fonzo had to leave today. That really really sucks.

Leenie, Hope, Buddly, Cathy, Heather, Emmy, Raven, et al - I hope you all are having a great day!

Oh, and Happy May-day everyone!

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 05-01-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #26  
I was born this way hey!

Hey all....

Last night was rather depressing. When Fonzo was putting the groceries in the truck..I was playing around with the radio, and put it on this oldies station. Well..the song that was on was one of my faves "My Soul and Hearts Inspiration" and omg..I just lost it. I think I needed that cry though, because I dont feel as sad right now. I'll get to visit him sometime this summer. I really miss him though...
Old 05-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #27  
I was born this way hey!

OKay...everything I just said is a lie. I just got a email from Fonzo saying "I'll be coming home again to you love, and until I do love. PS I Love you. You You You"

He knows how much that song makes me cry..
Old 05-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #28  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Drella! Nice to meet you. I've Soo been where you are, in fact I guess I'm kind of there now. I've been stuffing myself lately for some reason.

Shop: Sorry your hubby is gone for a while. We'll be here to keep you company!

Hi to everyone! I can't stay for now. I'm going out of town to my friend's house tomorrow (about 5 hrs away) since DF is going to KY. I'll try to check in from her house and address more of your posts.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:25 AM   #29  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Last night was the worst, we had to put Susie down my house seems so empty (like my heart). She was the sweetest dog/friend ever. My Dh cried and I've never seen him cry (20 years). Anyway....

Shop, wish ya lived closer, we could have coffee and cry together today. Like Hope said..we are here for yah.

Hope have a good time at your friends

Amarie I'm glad your feeling better and yes, its amazing how a little extra sleep can help.

Sassy talk to your doc about the meds, they can surely be whats causing your tummy upset. Do you take them with food? No matter where you work these days it stinks.... most places are laying off people (they did by us) and in June they are laying off more.. so I'm glad I have a job (for now). Hang in there and just keep that paycheck in mind... it helps put things in perspective as well as make the day go faster LOL.

Buddly did your DD pass the test? she must have been so excited.

Raven sorry about the candybars but I feel your pain. I too am going through my changes and I feel like not only is my body all over the map, so is my mind.. less control than ever in my life. We just have to keep trying I guess

Heather how are you sweetie.... miss you

Cathy whats shakin toots?

Drella nice to have you with us.... these ladies are WONDERFUL !!!!

Emmy where ya been hon??

Iris.. how about you, whats happening with you?

Have a good day everyone..

This picture is my Susie... 13+ years old
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Susiespoon.jpg (21.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #30  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

HI all -

Leenie I am thinking of you, sweets.

Hope everyone else is trying to have a good Friday - it's rainy and chilly here, but hey - at least it IS Friday!

My show opens next week, so we're into crazy-busy time. Chat to you all soon -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote