Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

Height: 5'3"

when I took celexa I started clanching my jaw and I would wake up with terrible jaw pain, I am now taking Lexapro 20mg and I feel MUCH better
July19wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Have any of you noticed that you yawned a lot while on Celexa?? Since about the third day that I have been on it I have noticed that I yawn constantly. I guess its not the worst side effect that I could have, I just find it odd.
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #18  

I did once take it and it took about 2-3 weeks to kick in for me, I was lucky no major side effects the only one I got (and I’ve only found a few others who did too) was the need to yawn after about a week or two on them… I couldn’t stop yawning! It passed eventually!
Moosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 280/???/170

Wow, I am glad I am not the only one that yawns on the celexa. I started taking it last week. I haven't felt anything, but I have noticed if I take it in the morning I am sooo tired and I am yawning all day. I sleep better at night when I take it before I go to bed. But I still have the yawning.
Amy0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Update: So I went back to see my doc today and she says that I seem to be making progress on the Celexa and the then proceeded to double my dose from 20mg to 40mg per day. Is this pretty normal?
The yawning is still happening and this week I have noticed that my skin has broken out a bit, though the doctor seems to think that the skin thing is more stress related than medication related.
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #21  

Smile on celexia

Hi, I have been on celexia for a few months. I have not gained weight I have lost a little. I felt better right away. I use to cry easy, I don't anymore it kind of evened me out. I used to be angry a lot to and now I am happy, I can coupe with anything. I have been on other anti depressants and I have never felt this good. Hope Celexia works as well for you. I did have one side effect. I had a dry mouth for a while it's getting better or I'm just getting used to it. It makes drinking water easier.

Last edited by sunshine 1970; 02-07-2008 at 07:51 PM.
sunshine 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote