Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #31  

I have gone through something similar to the work situation you posted. In my situation I still work for the company - but what helped me is realizing that the woman who got the "promotion" goes and gets the manager's dry cleaning, kisses her as* a bunch more and generally is a pretty insincere person.

I tell myself that if that's what they want, no problemo but I will never be that person. If that is what it takes to get ahead in corporate America no thanks!
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 181/168/115

Height: 5'3

I felt so lonely and this post has really made me feel alot better. I can relate to everything you wrote and many of the responses. (I read all of them!) Its nice to know I am not alone in my thoughts and feelings either.

<3 You all rock.
lightafterdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #33  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Well if I was a bazillionaire I would just find out where you are all from, and send private jets to get you so we could go on a wild Sex and The city Movie type trip to Mexico and we would probably all have a riot together.

To meet me, I am the most happiest, outgoing, friendly, first to say hello person you can imagine..but boy am I a, as one poster put it, "fake it til you make it" person. I was basically an only child and I liked and still do like my own company. I also was a bit of the outcast at school..too smart, too serious, a strict family with not much freedom. I didn't have a weight problem as a child but I think I fell in the "geek" category for sure. I think I liked my own company, and the company of my books and my hobbies for so long, thast suddenly one day I realized I really didn't have a clue how to make friends. And while I have had many really nice "acquaintances", I never had a real friend that I felt I could count on unconditionally, at least not one that lived near me.

BUT..my best friend in the world is a woman I met HERE..in 3FC..ten years ago..in its fledgling years. Back then there were chat rooms, and boy do I wish they would bring them back! We started in chat..moved to MSN, started our own little diet chat group on Yahoo...called Twisted Chicks on a Diet with eight other women from 3FC. We have actually only ever been together in real life three times, but we talk every day. I notice some women have offered you PM contact..take them up on it, you could find someone as wonderful as my friend Val!

Also, two years ago I crashed and burned...I think what it is called is having a nervous breakdown, from a combination of job stress and health issues..and ended up on disability. Once I finally got out of bed and took a shower and decided it was crucial to start developing a social network, I started to look for the things I had always wanted to do. I have always done things alone so signing up for things and going to them alone at first wasn't always a huge issue. I took art classes and tai chi, and met some really nice women! Not bosom buddies but a couple that I call, and have lunch with.

I realized that probably many times people have reached out to me, trying to be my friend and I just didn't understand that at the time. I have been guilty of having people give me a number, saying call them so we can get together again..and I didn't follow through. Now to some degree that is because sometimes I feel almost anxious being out in public, and again for a while it is a lot of "fake it until you make it" which can be exhausting. However, there are how many billion people on the planet...perhaps like me, you may find that if you are really aware of it, there are people reaching out to you. There certainly are in here
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #34  

Wow your post truly hit me littlemiss. Like you I am very much isolated I don't have any friends and I am 20 and never had a boyfriend. I was a shy kid growing up but I always made friends up until high school. After I left high school going to college my social life went down the drainage pipe. I have no friends literally. I am telling its not about your looks because I have seen people who weigh much more than me with a crazy network of friends. I am an extremely shy person, and I feel like I am missing out on the best years of my life because of this. Since I was a little kid my family had this crazy fear that me and my younger sister will be kidnapped by every person on the street that I wasn't allowed to go out, not even school field trips! So I went to my hobbies to find solace and now thats all I know. I am by no means an expert on advice but don't dare give up. You'll find a new job I am positive you will and you never know when you'll meet a good person who will see how great of a person you are.
nana64 is offline   Reply With Quote