Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #16  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My insurance covers only mental health services supported by a diagnosis. So seeing my therapist, with my diagnosis of depressive episodes, is covered, but seeing a therapist without a diagnosis is not.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
...she should see a psychiatrist AND a therapist...
I agree. I saw a psychiatrist for the first time this year. I've been on depression meds for about ten years. What he diagnosed and the perscribed was bang on. As well as meds he also 'perscribed' that I see a theripist on a regular basis. That's working well too.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #18  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Well I talked to my mom today to see about the insurance. It should cover it as long as the particular office accepts our particular insurance. She said I should have gone sooner, and that crazy doctor should never have taken me off the Celexa in the first place LOL. She said she didn't want me to feel like she did for so long before she finally understood it wasn't normal to feel that way..Anyway the heart to heart made me feel much better, because she really understands what I am going through. Unlike my fiancee who just doesn't understand why I am not happy, since I have nothing to be sad about. Maybe I will make him understand one day

Thank you guys for the advice and encouragement. As much as I have tried to fight it, I just don't want to feel like this anymore.

I checked the phone book and we have ONE psychiatrist in town and no therapists listed. Guess I will try the one choice I have LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #19  
Jai

S/C/G: 167/162/130

Height: 5'1

for the past couple years, i've dealt with extreme depression and anxiety too. the way i see it is that there is no true reason for anxiety. it just happens-there is no logical explanation for anxiety because it is a very irrational thing.
i used to rack my brain for hours-hiding in my bed under the covers-about why i would get so anxious about the smallest things (and that would make me even more anxious about being anxious!). there is no why you just do. i know it's hard-i couldn't go to school for about half of my junior year because of anxiety and depression.
finding the right medication can take months, even years, but once you find the combination that's right for you, it will be much easier to get through the day!
ladyjai24 is offline   Reply With Quote