Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - June 11th - 17th

Good Morning,

I can't play but I'll try to make it back later today if not tomorrow.

How was your weekend chicklets ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Well, I ate last night - which was odd. Nothing wrong, really - I suspect it was simply boredom, which is baaaaad. And in front of the TV, too - what a mess. Oh well - today is another day, so I've dusted myself off - and hey - there';s nothing left to eat in the house now!

Hope everyone is well - I'd better get this butt out for week two of Couch to 5K - need to burn off last night's calories!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #3  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

Still playing DDR. I'm hoping my new dance mat will come today. Otherwise I'm going to be upset since today is when UPS said it was coming. But then again, they're about as correct as the weather sometimes.

Anyone have any advice about weighing yourself correctly? I keep getting huge differences on the scale every day. Yesterday I woke up at about 2pm, went to the ladies' room, then weighed myself in nothing but my undies. It said 221.5lbs. Today I woke up about noon and did the same thing. It said 229. There's no way I could have gained seven and a half pounds overnight. I can't think two hours more of sleep would have made that much of a difference. Am I doing something wrong? And which weight is more correct? I hate scales.....
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Heather glad the foodfest is done, I had one the other day and couldn't stop ???? what the heck ??? Yep I agree, just brush yourself off and start again lol

Blessed, this is what I've heard regarding true weight. Weigh yourself every day for a week add it up, divide it by 7 and thats your true weight for the week... I don't know how accurate it is but I know people do it this way. Me, I prefer to weigh myself once a week on the same day in the morning, naykid... after my pee LOLOL...hey every ounce counts LOLOL. good luck. Oh BTW, my rings are tighter in the morning then at night so there's somthing to say about being bloated in the morning. No you didn't gain 7 lbs over night, impossible.

Well kiddies I gotta run..

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
Old 06-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #5  
Heather 2.0

Hi Leenie - let's blame the weather... or the dog... or anything but ourselves! It wasn't even that bad - 410 calories or so - but I am so not used to it now that my tummy is still a little funny.

Blessed - you ROCK, doing your DDR! Whoot at you, girl!

I weigh myself in the morning - but on obsessive days, every time I pass the scale I don't recommend THAT! I do tend to weigh myself at night, too. Oooh - that sounds like a lot - oh well!

Nothing of news, I assure you.

Chat soon,
Heather
Old 06-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

Not to much exciting going on. Had fun working with my mom at A&W. I was going to leave at 3am, but ended up staying until 6 am when the other lady got in. They have two full time openings and I thought A was going to apply, but now she is having second thoughts. The one drug store is doing a big expansion and they are having a job fair next week, so she will go to that.
Hubby had a long weekend off so he was able to get all the "grass" cut, rebuild our old barbeque (our newer one is already rusting out ) He and A changed the front brake pads on the van and checked the back ones, so that is all good. We also changed the light fixture in the girls room as B was falling and her hand hit the old one and it broke. But par normal for me the thingy that the glass is suppose to screw onto is to short, so we had to improvise with another cover until we can either find an extension or I can get a hold of the company for the proper one.
We've been having showers on and off, so the grass and weeds are growing like crazy, but I haven't managed to get the garden in. We don't have soil, we have clay, so its a little bit of a challange.
I've slacked off on the exercise again, but my eating could be worse.
I picked up a book at the library last night called "The Anxiety Cure" by Dr Archibald D. Hart. I scanned through it and it looks like it has some interesting points to ponder. The one statement that really struck home for me was the "Drop the "what-ifs" in your life. Change your attitude to "so what" " I have a tendancy to "what-if" myself to the point I'm absolutely paralized and can't do a thing. Its good to see a different perspective.

Well take care ladies and have a wonderful day,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #7  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

Not a lot to report. My fiance has taken some time off the past couple of days so I haven't been here that much. This weekend we saw "Pirates of the Carribean" and ate too many cheeseburgers. Sunday he bought a 'chopper' motorcycle like you see on all these biker build-off shows on TV. He has wanted one since he was a kid. I'm happy for him, but kind of jealous. Not about the big purchase, but I can't think of anything that would excite me that much. Sounds strange I guess.

I'm going home on Friday to spend a week with my mom. I figured it would be a good time since I'm not working to do it. When else in my adult life will I not have to rush back on a deadline? She doesn't have internet access so I'll miss you all next week.

I kind of dread going there this fat but what can you do? Until I make a good 6 months to a years effort to lose it, this is what I will be dealing with. She weighs about 105lbs, by the way.

Buddly, that sounds like an interesting book. Let me know because I have a lot of irrational anxiety, especially in the mornings for some reason.

Heather and BlessedBe: Continued good job on the exercising! I usually weigh every morning, but count my official weight every Tuesday, so once a week. The daily weighing kind of keeps me on trak, but you will fluctuate often. If that freaks you out, I'd go only once a week.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies.

I am having a hard time. I just want to "hide" away from the world again and I know I can't do that. I had someone TRY to contact me from my past again who is a bit of a "stalker" and is the reason why I no longer trust anybody. Its not an exboyfriend either. Its an EX FRIEND who is relentless and sneaky and cannot be trusted.

So now I just want to "hide" and not talk to anybody, but I know that isn't healthy and won't help me...............

Sorry to burden you with my problems.......

I hope you all are well!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #9  
Heather 2.0

Oh, Sassy -

Don't hide from us, girl - we need you in here... *I* need you in here!!

Hang in there -this dark day will pass, I promise.

Heather

Hey everybody else -
More soon.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

Just popping in for a quick hello! Its a good day so far. The sky is blue, the sun is shining and we got the garden planted yesterday and hubby is off to work for a few days. Its terrible living with a workaholic who isn't working. He figures his dispatcher sent him out of town just because he was fed up with him hanging around the office! Anyway not much planned for today, same ol' same ol', but thats a good thing.

Sassy "burden" away girl We are always here and I know it sure helps to have a friendly place to come to when I feel horrible and don't want to talk to anyone. But stay safe, a stalker type person doesn't sound good.

Hope, enjoy your visit with your mom. Did you enjoy the movie? Two of my girls went and of course they really enjoyed it, but they love anything with Johnny Depp in it

Hi Heather and everyone else

Well take care all and have a wonderful day!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Talking

Hey Gurls...........

Well I feel better. I took care of the problem, or so I hope! lol. So I'm not going anywhere! You know I couldn't stay away! Even if I did have to "hide" I would just change my ID! lol. But I don't have to do that!

Some Good News: We got our new back door today!

I hope you all are doing well!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #12  
~Believe~

Hi all.

Well I found out why I haven't heard anything about my cat scan results! I finally called the drs office and they are on vacation until the 17th! Soooooooo I have to wait even longer now and now that makes me very very nervous as before when I didn't hear anything, I thought that meant there was nothing seriously wrong. Now that I know they aren't even there and haven't even seen the results yet, well at least I don't think so. I had my Cat Scan on the 4th, the dude said it would take at least 3 days for my dr to get them and that would put it on the 7th and that is when they started the vacation. (there was a recording)

So Oh Joy.......Wait, Wait, Wait and now WORRY!

Also AF came BACK in full force early this morning, waking me up and now I cannot get back to sleep and I have to work tonight!

Anyways. I hope your all's day is going better than mine so far! lol!!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry I have been a party pooper lately...we are hiring some one in 2 weeks to help me out YEAH !!! so maybe I can pop in here more often.

I will catch up this weekend Love you girls, hang in there
Old 06-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #14  
Heather 2.0

Morning all - suffering from 'scale obsession' this week - bah! I dropped three pounds over the weekend, which felt great, but promptly climbed a half pound and have sat there since Monday. I KNOW if I just keep eating right and exercising that scale will give up before I do!!

I'm just a little bored this week, which makes the days seem to drag and makes me weight myself obsessively - not good!

Sassy - at least you know why you haven't heard - but it might have been nice if they'd let you know they were going to be on holiday!

Leenie - glad to hear you are getting some help, that will make a BIG difference!

Buddly, Hope - been missin' ya! Glad to see you

Blessed, sounds like you and I are BOTH playing the scale game - but we will win, oh yes, we will!

Chat soon -
Heather
Old 06-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #15  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey everybody,

Spent most of the day running errands and doing laundry getting ready for my trip home tomorrow. My fiance took off early since I'm leaving and we saw "Ocean's 13". It was pretty good. And Buddly, I did enjoy 'Pirates', but I thought the others were better.

I hope you all have a great week while I'm gone. And Sassy, as I've said before, you deserve some good news and good times ahead (stalker free!!).
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote