Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - April 23rd - April 29th

Good Morning

Ready for a new week?

I'm so tired LOL, got no rest this weekend but ya know... it could be worse. God was very good to me this weekend (well, He always is good to me lol).

I'm going to try to behave this week and not shovel crap into my pie hole OY.

How is everyone?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:42 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Sassy girl, I just read your post on the other thread. I'm so glad they figured out what is going on with FIL

As for you girlie..... please let us know when you come back from the doctors...you did make an appt right?

Hugs !!!!

Liz !!!!!! good to see you sweetie
Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

The sun is STILL shining, the scale is STILL moving... AND... I'm losing inches! YAY!

Looking forward to a very busy week, but right now I am off outside to enjoy that sunshine!

Chat soon, all -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My DS is sick. Yesterday he had a fever of 104.1 and today he is throwing up. I am about at my wits end. I also think that I am now coming down with it. I am feeling foggy and barely able to breathe. One good thing though is after being at a standstill in weight loss for a couple of weeks I just dropped 5 lbs this morning. I guess powering through is working. Well that is about all for me today.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #5  
Heather 2.0

Trish, sorry to hear about your son - take care of yourself, too... and congrats on the 5lb loss - isn't that great when that scale finally moves?

Heather
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Trish, how aweful. Saturday night my DD had 102 fever with raging hershey squirts but the next day the fever left (after a dose of motrin) and she felt better but that night was wicked b/c she had accidents in bed. Feel better !!! On a lighter note, congrats on the WL

Heather you too chickie WHOOT!!!! on the wl
Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #7  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

The birthday binge is over. It was great I must admit, from the eggs benedict through the chocolate fondue. I do have a food hangover today, I can barely keep my eyes open. Trying to get back on track today, or at least close. Leenie, I'm right there with you.

Debbie: Congrats on the 4 inches. Did you get up the nerve to weigh-in?

Sassy: Hope you feel better and the dr. had some definitive news for you. Let us know after you get some rest.

Judomom:Hope things get better soon.

Buddly:Congrats on the competition and I hope I can do some cleaning also. I hate to look completely useless.

Trish: Good job on the 5lbs. Hope you aren't getting sick.

Anybody watching 'Celebrity Fit Club'?
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Drum roll please

I finally got up the nerve to weigh in lost 4 so that Is the 3 that have been nagging me and 1 extra to boot,so I got a pedicure.
I think all of you should go out and get a pedicure It really makes you feel good. It is on me tell them I sent you .LOL

Hope glad the birthday went well.
Buddly you must be so proud of your DD ,and you for putting the time into it.

Leenie there are alot of gastro things going around her right now as well.but there is nothing worse than changing barfed on bedding at 2 am is there.
the joys of motherhood.

I havnt seen celebrity fit club but I have seen one like it.I think it is on TLC
I am waiting for the new biggest looser to start.I love that show and I have a huge crush on the male trainer,I think his name is Bob.
He can whip my *** into shape anyday LOL
Sorry,dirty old lady LOL
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Went to the dr, he thinks its my gallbladder, again. I've been dealing with this since I was 16 yrs old and I'm tired of it.

Also had to battle w/ the insurance to get my prescription, but our dr battled for me and won, I got my prescription.

Guess that is about all. I am not in a good mood at all, after working 13 hrs and we were still awake at 10:30 am after getting off work at 7 am this morning, I was very very frustrated........

Have a Good One.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:15 PM   #10  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Congrats Debbie, 4lbs!! Wonderful!!

Sassy, You must be exhausted. Hope the meds work.

Gotta run girls.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Default Hi Chicks!

I'm still hanging around. I check this thread every day, but I haven't been posting. I usually don't have much to post..but things are looking up

After months and months of struggling, my scale is finally going in the right direction . I still have good days and bad days, but one thing that's helping is that my DH is on the plan with me..he's only lost 50 pounds ! MEN! I'm actually proud of him..just jealous

Our son Matthew is at a state 'diversion center'. He's on work release..working in the kitchen of a local restaurant. He's doing well..and he may even be able to come home for a day on Sunday . He's about 50 miles from here. He's not too far from the area where the fires are burning. Please pray for rain here..everything is tinder dry!

Leenie & Trisn: Hope your little ones are feeling better. How is your job going Leenie? Hope is appreciating your hard work!

Cathy: How are you..and how are your sons doing?

JudoMom: I saw your post in the last thread.

Liz: I know you're busy..but I miss reading your posts!

Sassy: I'm glad to hear that they know what's going on with your FIL. I hope they help you with your gallbladder prob. I'm glad to hear your Dr. went to bat for you on the prescription! Hope you can get some rest

Hope: I know what you mean about the birthday celebration. I was going to have a piece of cheesecake..just a little piece. But I checked the nutrition facts...11 WW points for a sliver! I still splurged..but I planned to!

Buddly, Debbie, Heather, and anyone else here that I might have missed:
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #12  
Heather 2.0

Morning all!

Debbie - super news on the 4lb loss!! You go, girl!

Sassy - I'm thinking of you Let us know how the meds go - I hope they help!

Hope - Mmmmmm - eggs benedict! I haven't had them in ages, and not because I am avoiding them!! Good for you getting back on track!

Leenie - did you get some rest, yet?!

Trish - everybody better at your house, I hope?

Homebound - nice to meet you! Look forward to getting to know you better

Right - no real news here... I am always a MILLION times better when the sun is shining, so all is good in my world right now. I'm VERY busy this week and next with the musical I am doing, which is great... I was just saying to DH last night that I am a little worried for when the show closes - it is 13 weeks until the next one... I'll need something else to focus on so I am not just OBSESSING about losing weight!

Actually, I start skating again on May 8th, and that is a course of lessons that runs 8 weeks, so maybe that'll help a bit - not as crazy busy as doing a show, though! (I took up figure skating last fall, having not skated in 20 years... fell on the ice, fractured my skull three ways and spent ten days in hospital... it has been a kind of long recovery, and I am a WEE BIT nervous about skating again, but 'back on the horse' and all that, right?! Actually, I have a helmet now, so I may LOOK like a dork, but at least my brain will be protected!! )

Okay - have a great day everybody!
Heather
Old 04-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Heather;you are so brave fro even taking up skating again,I am playing soccer again after 3 years post-op ACL knee repair.I know how much of a challenge mentally and physically it can be to "get back on the horse"after injury.
I find I need something to focus on as well,I almost feel unworthy If I am not
swamped with things or challenged to the fullest.
Nice to meet you homebound.
sassy hope you are feeling back to your sassy self soon.

everyone else take care and thanks for the well wishes.
and now I begin another weeks cycle of being anxious about my next weigh in.
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #14  

Thanks for the shout outs my friends!

I just can't keep up with the weekly's but I will pop in when I can to say hi....I am sorry I can't respond to you individually....I am loving the spring weather............hugs to you all!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:23 AM   #15  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi all...

Thanks all. The meds my dr had to "battle" w/ the insurance for was my Wellbutrin XL, I've been on that for a while, but I guess they just came out with a generic for it, Budeprion XL, which I did try for one month and it did not work the same. Come to find out the reason why is because Wellbutrin XL is time-released and the Budeprion is not. Well of course since there is a generic, which is cheaper, that is what the insurance wants me to have. So that is why my dr had to battle.

I don't have any meds for this pain. I do have some Phenergan, which is for Nausea, which I've had because I do have stomach problems, but it totally wipes me out. If I take it, I will sleep all day and all night, no joking. So I can't really take that and um function. lol. But I have it if the pain gets too bad.

My dr wants me to get an ultrasound of my gallbladder. If I had a $1 for every ultrasound I've had of my gallbladder, I'd be a wealthy woman! So I hope this time they actually DO fiind something because I'm tired of dealing w/ it! My dr did say that even if they don't find any stones, they might consider taking it out anyways, since I've had such problems. (16 yrs worth!)

Anywho, that is all about me and my health issues right now. Nothing major.

FIL is doing ok, still having pain, is still on a bland diet, goes to see the dr on Friday.

Well guess that is about it from me.

I hope you and yours are all doing well!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote