Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 135/132/95

Height: 4' 9 1/2 "

Thanks for listening!
Katz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

It's great to see so many new faces!
WELCOME EVERYBODY!
and it's great to see that some are posting on the exercise thread

I did 2 miles this morning.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz3 View Post
Hey everybody, I can't believe after all I've said & done, I had a binge yesterday. I just couldn't stop myself. I guess I didn't do as much damage as I normally would. Now that I've mentioned it maybe I'll feel better about it. I've worked so hard this week, but I won't give up.
That's it, Katz! Don't give up! We all make mistakes, but we've just got to keep on trying, right? Right!
Daisypeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

well, katz. I am going to my favorite Italian restaurant tonite and have no plans on "being good." So, don't feel so bad about your binge. We all have weaknesses and just have to get right back on track.

I actually am feeling much better after joining this site. I don't feel like crawling in a hole anymore. I actually am beginning to believe I CAN conquer these demons.

I slept tooooo much again though. On my days off I can sleep 14 hours. I stay up late and sleep very late. I know it's not good to do that, but I love sleep almost as much as food. My DH says I should have a sleep study done, since no one should sleep as much as me. I know depression plays a part. Maybe more of one than I think.

Anyway, tomorrow starts my work week, so I have to gather my resources to get my butt out of bed.

kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #20  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Default First post to this forum

Five years ago, I started taking Seroquel and gained quite a bit of weight each year. Seroquel made me constantly extremely hungry and I craved carbs and sugars. No matter how much I ate, I was still stomach aching starving. Even though I had gained 50 pounds, my mind set was if I was mentally healthy, I was happy.

Last December, my doctor switched me to Geoden. The switch in meds changed my eating habits for the better. On Geoden, I just want to eat vegetables and whole grains. I'm filled up quickly and now have an aversion to sugars - and I was a chocoholic my entire life!

In the 14 months I've been on Geoden, I've taken off 49 of the 50 pounds without feeling hungry or exercising (the ban of my existence) So, for me it's been a 'magic pill'.

I've written to Pfizer to tell them of the wonderful 'side effect' of easy weight loss. Perhaps other drug manufactures will be able to incorporate the feature in this drug's chemical properties that reduces excess weight.

To Katz3, I love how you state that you are 4' 9 1/2". I remember being 4'9" through most of high school and being so proud the day I learned I was 5'0". I'm some where between 5.0 and 5.1 and need to remeasure myself so I can get a more accurate BMI estimate.

clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #21  

good morning gang

I did 2 miles this morning. That's 4 days in a row Has anybody else tried Leslie Sansone's new dvds - Walk Slim? Boy they really work up a sweat!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #22  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

I thought I posted yesterday and when I got here this morning I noticed I didn't ????? I think I accidently hit the wrong button

Things are a little nuts here at the moment so I'll come in tomorrow and chat a little more.

Boy I miss you guys !!!

Luv yah !!!

Its so nice to see so many new faces....you chickies rock !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #23  

good morning gang

I got up and did 2 miles even tho alo I wanted to do was sleep for a little while longer I reached my goal for the week - I got up every morning at 5:00 and did my 2 miles before getting ready for work

What's everybody up to today? I'm at work and of course, it's already busy.

Just wanted to pop in and say HI

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #24  

Wow, Cathy! It sounds like you're doing great! Two miles before work?! That's SO awesome! I admire you so much.

I'm waiting around on a phone call for a job interview... ugh, the wait is driving me crazy (I really need this job, and it's something I really enjoy!!).

You've inspired me... I'm going to get off my laptop, stop stalking the telephone, and get some exercise! I'll come back later and let you know how things turned out!

~Jo
Old 03-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Do we talk about phobias here? I made a dental appointment this morning. Oi ... pulse hasn't been lower than 90 since I did it. Praise the Lord it's on Monday ... any longer and I'd have a stroke.
It's just a consult and she's been recommended as very good with 'folks like me'.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #26  

Hi Susan

I've had similar fears before too, so I always avoided the dentist... and then I had to go get my wisdom teeth pulled AND a root canal. I was absolutely horrified! However, my fear and anxiety were way worse than the procedure itself. If anything, I find the dentist to be very boring lol You just sit there with your mouth open for ages. The funniest thing is when you get a dentist who starts asking you questions when their hands are in your mouth! You know, like "So, did you see that show on TV last night?" It always just comes out like "Mmmrmmhmm mmm!!" lol

Don't worry!! Everything will be just fine! If you don't feel comfortable with this dentist you can go to another one, right?

Also, I got in 45 minutes of exercise today... I'm so proud of myself!!! I just wanted to share that with everyone! I'm hoping to keep it up all week.

I hope everyone's having a great day!

~Jo

Last edited by Daisypeach; 03-02-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 150/148/127

Hey everyone!
Just thought i'd check in and say a lot of exercise works if you need sleep!! and it helps with the wobbly stomach and thighs (or "weight thing" as i call it) Thank you Leenie!!!
That's the plus side, the other side is i have major exams coming up and it is not helping my anxiety one little bit, the realisation that i still know nothing after 6 months (how?? ) is also not helping my mood ah well, i shall survive
Glad everyone is doing well and there are a load of new faces, just think, only the other week i was one too...

Take care all
Hannah
xxx
hannahj295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #28  

good afternoon gang

I've been cleaning house today so that is my exercise for the day. Thankfully my dear sweet WONDERFUL hubby helped so it didn't take me as long as it would have

hmmmm wonder where Leenie is today? she must be busy busy busy!

DaisyPeach - congrats on the 45 minute walk. Do you walk inside with videos? or on a treadmill? or outside? did you get the call you were waiting on?

Susan - I think we talk about anything and everything here Daisypeach is so right - the apprehension is always worse than the appt. I hope you are able to relax and put it out of your mind some and it all goes well. hugs!

Hannah - I agree....exercise is great for so many things. Don't know why we fight it so. I hope you do well on your exams!

I hope the rest of our gang makes it in here today and I hope that everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 03-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #29  

Hi everyone!

Nope, no call back for me yet, Cathy! Still waiting on that call... urgh! I have a feeling I'll be waiting until Monday. It's for a job interview, and I really, really want this position! I'm so excited (and a little nervous) because it's the first time I'll be back in the work force in a long time. My anxiety held me back for so long. It feels so good to at least be able to try.

I did my walking inside with videos today but outside yesterday. This is my second day now. I'm trying to commit to 45 minutes of exercise a day. So far, so good! I actually found myself feeling really depressed today, and after I exercised, I felt so much relief. I mean, the problem was still there, but at least the anxiety wasn't. I felt like I could think a lot clearer (and I was proud of myself too! Who doesn't like a self esteem boost? )

Hope everyone's having a nice evening!

~Jo
Old 03-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #30  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Cathy I'm so proud of you for getting up extra early and getting in your exercise, WTG. How's work going along?

Hannah, I'm really glad the exercise is helping Anxiety...well now you've hit another nerve LOL, what kind of exam are you taking? Sounds like you and I need to take things one day at a time I have anxiety as well and it does keep me from doing things I would love to do...like travel.

Daisy, 45 minutes is awesome!!! congratulations. I was watching the diet doctor on PBS that wrote the book You On A Diet and he could not stress enough that 30 minutes of walking a day is sooooo important.

Kerri, I'm glad your here 14 hours is alot of sleep and your right depression does play a big roll in it. Does your doc know? If I had my choice, I'd stay up late and sleep late too, but since I have to be up at 4:30 am M-F I'm in bed quite early LOL.

Katz how are you feeling today. I do the same thing, I go strong on my plan for a few days and then I have no clue what happens but POOF! I binge why oh why??? but Katz, we can't beat ourselves up, we must turn around and start again. Persistance not perfection wins the race We can do it.

Susan I didn't think anyone else hated/feared the dentist as much as I do. I went last summer for the first time in 8 years... yeah that aught to tell ya how much I panic when faced with the dentist. Thank GOD I have good teeth... she only had to clean them .. no cavities I go again at the end of march and well EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! I just hate it.

CLV thats wonderful that the new meds made such a difference in you. Its so important that we keep trying new meds until we discover the "magic" one

Well today I gotta get some cleaning done and figure out what my family is going to eat this coming week.

Have a great Sunday everyone
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote