Old 11-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #31  

Hello,

Went to the gym for 40 minutes and then walked for 60. I'm going to have to quit getting on the scales because I'm not losing and all this exercising is making me think I should have this wonderful at least size 16 body and then when I get in front of the mirror and get ready to step into the shower I about have a convulsion. It's a sad awakening. I think most people I see are thinner than I am and then when I look in the mirror I about freak!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* Onward, dieting chicks...... heads up beaks out..
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #32  

Talking

Hello All!

Wow! If it is anyone who needs a 'Back on Track' challenge, it is me! I pretty much gave up the 3FC challenges a couple months ago.....it just wasn't working for me and I decided to go it on my own. Big mistake! I have put on yet another 10 pounds.. ...breaking yet another all time high record! This has to stop! Now!

Elisha.....Hi there newlywed! And belated congratulations on the nuptials! TY TY TY for setting up this challenge.....and especially for wiping my slate clean!

Jennifer.....So good to see you again! I think you and I are at the same place.....feeling poopy, I think you said. I don't feel good and none of my clothes fit right. But let's not put off starting this journey until after Thanksgiving (yes, I am making dinner here too)......start with me now, and we can plan for a good day!

SugarBaby.....Nothing is more frustrating than hitting a plateau! But we are here to help you plow thru it......change the exercise routine, guzzle extra water....I know you can do it!

StarFrog.....I am so sorry you had to deal with such sadness in the past year. Good going on making the right choice of WalMart toilet paper over alcohol......that was a big step for you and just the first in a long line of right choices. I don't want to seem pushy, but have you had a good medical checkup lately? You have been thru a lot .....and some of what you are describing sounds like depression.....just a thought.

Julie......I am really happy to see you again! Is that picture by your name .....motocross?.....really your precious little girl? Yikes! About a month ago, we went for a drive up around the Muskegon State Park......what a wonderful place to go hiking.....no wonder you love it!

Jeni.....You threw out a hot fudge sundae??!! What strength!

Michelle.....Just a note, chickie.....eating half a doughnut does not constitute a 'bad day'. In fact, from my perspective, eating only a half doughnut would constitute a very good day!

BumbleBee.....I hear you on the binge eating. The more I read about it, the more I think I am a victim too! It seems that everytime I walk thru the kitchen, I have to nibble on something......and I find myself making excuses to walk thru the kitchen!

Sorry for babbling on so......and now I have to decide what my battle plan should be! Food is out of control.....exercise is non-existent (if you don't count walking to the cookie jar).....water intake is low. Wow.....talk about starting at square one!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #33  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone can i join? im suppose to be getting back on track tomorrow by kind of doing a mini 21 day challenge (7day challenge) i seem to always give up when i mess up so im trying to kick that habit i still havent decided wether ill be doing he weight watchers or sparkspeople but im aiming for working out in the am before work 3x week then up it every week and aim for 64 oz of water or water 0 calorie/carb beverage. my eating ill follow something like the 6 weeks body makeover breakfast= protein and fruit,sack= protein, lunch= protein, carb, veggie, dinner= protein, carb, veggie
break days 2x a week
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #34  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Well it was a day shopping, eating out and movies! We went to visit my MIL with DH & DD. We all enoyed the day. Saw Happy Feet. Cute movie! Went ot a Mexican restaraunt and although I probably could have gotten the fajita salad, I opted for the fajitas (chicken) and only at one along with some extra chicken and grilled veggies. YUM! Did NOT have popcorn at the theatre and bought a diet pop at the mall (even though DD reminded me that I owed her an icecream!). So all in all it was a successful day! OH...and I had NO CHOCLATE today!!! AND....I have to share this NSV with everyone...

Yesterday, one of my co-workers said it looked like I was losing again! Even though the scale is not showing it (only a couple of pounds) when I start to work out, I think it starts to show before the scale does! So....WOO HOO!!!! I did not get in my exercise today, but we did a great deal of walking at the mall and even though MIL was VERY slow, it was all good! I tried on some clothes and the 18's are getting bigger again, so that is good...I'm just in between...I'm short (5'2") so regular 18's are baggy in the crotch (if you know what I mean) and 16's are too tight. I looked in petites for some 18p's but by the time I found the Petite department, DH & DD were too pooped to shop anymore! So I think I will go out tomorrow...if I have time and look at some stores closer to home! I really just should hold out until my 16's fit me better, but I'm getting tired of wearing TIGHT pants! LOL!

So....

JENNIFER!!!!! I'm so glad to see you here, chica! You suprised even me! We're ready for you, right Elisha! Bring it on! And start NOW!!! I know I need some hard core motivation!!!!

AND OMG....MsRD!!!!! You too! It's like old home week tonight!!! I am soooo glad to see you too!

Star Frog...I'M SOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!! You did so well at the restaraunt...I don't think I would have done as well! One drink is ok! I hope tonight was ok for you too! That has got to be difficult for you, but hang in there...you did just the right thing...it will get easier. I am wondering if you are getting any kind of professional counselling? I do worry about you because it's so hard to get out of that frame of mind all alone (been there). But kudos to you for finding other ways to vent and express yourself. What other creative outlets do you have? Is your family close by? What about good friends? I'm glad we can be here for you!

Miafluker...Welcome!!!!

Sugarbaby...Great job on the exercise. Here's a question for you! Do things feel looser on you? Do you notice any other changes besides not losing according to the scale...what does it know anyway? How's your mental status? Do you feel better about yourself? OK...I guess that was more than ONE question, but you get my drift...

Elisha...keep hangin in there! You have a lot to do right now!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'4''

ok I have written 2x, and 2x it told me to sign in even though I was, and both times lost what i have written. ugh

I'm just too tired OR lazy to write it again - so I'll just say goodnight!
StarFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #36  

I think I hear an echo in here. (and that I picked a group with the least traffic!)

Today has been okay food-wise. Had the WWatchers shrimp and steak skewers at Applebee's for lunch today with my dad, had oatmeal and a banana for supper, and a snack of tuna with 5 crackers for a snack. I didn't do any exercise today.

A couple have people have expressed concern that I am depressed. Yes, I am and I was seeing a counselor when i was married and after I left him, but when I lost the insurance when the divorce was finalized in September I could no longer afford to go. ANd i have been to the doc, many times, couldn't seem to find a medication that had a good impact so I am not taking anything. So I am hoping that gaining control over food and losing some weight may help me deal better with everything else.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #37  

Aww Starfrog... I'm sorry you're having some blue days. I'm feeling rather plaid myself... But, feelings change eventually and I have a lot to be thankful for so I'm going to try to focus on those things. I'm sorry about your divorce and I'm sure that caused a tremendous amount of stress in your life.

I had the same problem the other day when going to post and it erased the whole stinking thing! I ended up just making a quick post. Don'tcha just hate it when that happens?

I walked for an hour today and did a bunch of heavy housecleaning. My diet stinks though. I had a pancake and two sausages (50% less fat which means they were only like a gazillion fat grams instead of 2 gazillione ) and I ate about four bacon strips. I'm bad about the bacon but since I've been dieting I've tried to stay away from fixing breakfasts like that for the family. I promised my DS that I would make pancakes and bacon and then ended up eating to much. arrg. Then I had some coffee and some SF jello and lite popcorn and a diet rootbeer. Nice nutrious meals...
Tomorrow will be better. I hope...

Oh and motomom... in reguards to your questions you so sweetly asked, yes I am starting to shrink in places and I do notice (thank goodness) as far as my mental status? LOL weeeellllllll......... I'm a bit daffy right now! LOLOL
Old 11-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #38  

Hi Sugarbaby - thanks for the support (and the cyberhug)! Geee - if we could blend your exercise with my diet, we'd be almost perfect - lol. I didn't do any exercise today - kudos on yours! And you are right - tomorrow will be better. Ok I have a silly question, but what is a DS?

Okay, well I have doing this since last Monday - so tomorrow I'm going to make my chicken walk the line. :-) Do the rest of you all just weigh once a week, or everyday?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #39  

Thanks for the kudos StarFrog. Not a silly question about the DS (dear son). It took me forever to figure out that lango and I'm still trying to figure out some other abbreviations around here myself.

I weigh every day sometimes twice but then decided that it was too depressing because I haven't been able to shake the weight for the last week or two and I was getting discouraged so I didn't care what I ate, etc. I figure if I don't get on the scale then I won't know if I'm still stuck and therefore will keep up better behavior. The no results lead to depressing actions of digging through the cupboards or fridge or even worse a trip to the grocery store for something I want. But surprisingly I've been really good about the exercise. I hear that it gets addictive and that you actually look forward to it. HAHA I can't waaaaait until that happens. LOL I'll probably weigh in tomorrow morning....

What is your normal diet for the day StarFrog?
Old 11-20-2006, 08:00 AM   #40  

a quickie post before leavin' for the day...

My chicken walks the line....

7 lbs lost :-) weeeeeeee
Old 11-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #41  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday morning everyone! Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I did check in but every time I wanted to post, something came along which prevented me from doingit! So here I am!!!

Starfrog...that posting thing happens to me all the time, so I make sure I copy my post before I send it and then if it doesn't go, I sign back in and paste it and then send it. That seems to work. The other thing I have been lately doing is posting at the bottome in the quick reply box! Anyway...Way to go on those 7 lbs!!!! YEA!!!! You are doing awesome! I'm starving right now and need to go eat breakfast! Keep up the good work and I"m glad to see you are eating a bit more protein! :-)

Sugarbaby (I love that name, btw)...You are doing awesome! Exercising like a fanatic!!! Go girl!!!

To the rest of ya....hope you had a good weekend!!!

Mine was ok. I've not been journalling my food, but that starts today! And exercise has not been great although I've been VERY active with shopping and housework! That has to count for something! I'm back on track today, though! I'm going to work out as soon as I get home from work! NO EXCUSES!!!!

I'll post later tonight!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #42  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

GAH.... a bazillion posts!

How exciting!

MsRD, Jennifer... YAY!!! It's like a big Challenge Chicks reunion! :hugs:

Miafluker, I'm glad you're here! The more the merrier, that's what I always say!

StarFrog, congrats on the loss! Woot!

Sorry, I don't have time for more comments... I spent too much time reading all the posts!

My food was horrible this weekend, but I walked a lot and water was good. Two out of three seems to be all I can manage at any one time!

OK, I have some reading to do before a meeting, so I have to run. I'll try to be back to comment more!

Have a great day, chickies!
Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 217/235/175

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone it's me Cami, I am still on that treadmill and I am so pumped I get on it every free moment I get. I said I was going to take a new approach because I am a poor dieter. I am going to eat with some sense ask myself am I really hungry and I am going to stop with the eating because the clock says it's lunch time and sometimes I'm not hungry. I will eat what I want and I will stop using food as a coping mechanism. I will look for the reason I want certain foods and stop when I am satisfied not when I am stuffed and feeling miserable. I will not allow food to control me again. I will continue to get more mobile and eat with sense. Working out has it's perks, sex is so much better, lol, lolllllllllll. I am not going to give up this time around and I will get results it's time to make a new lifestyle change. Have a great day all......
biggurl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #44  

Hello everyone and welcome biggurl34!

I hate this... I still can't lose weight. I think it tried to budge but to no avail. I'm stuck forever at this stinking weight. HAHA... I just need to get back to dieting. That's my problem. I'm eating onion rings. How good is that for healthy choices. Argh!
Way to go on the weight loss StarFrog! WOWzers!!! The chicken walks!

I'm so busy I need to make myself a menu. Got any tips on dinner for a fat girl?
Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #45  

Hello All!

For me, starting a new diet is a little rocky at first.......I ate a sensible dinner yesterday BUT caved when it came to the apple cake BUT threw out the last of the brownies BUT I did 15 minutes WATP.....you get the idea. And, yes, I know 15 minutes of exercise isn't much to cheer about......but the body didn't seize up today, so I can do it again tonight....maybe more!

Miafluker......Welcome! What diet plan did you decide on?

StarFrog....Sorry you can't swing the expense of a counselor right now, but we could be the second best thing.....just make sure you comment here everyday and vent when you need to. And you are down 7 pounds!!! Now that is enough to lift anyones spirits!

SugarBaby.....Step away from the onion rings! Sheesh....it makes my mouth water just thinking about them.....and bacon too. When I bring bacon home from the store, I repackage it into smaller packages....just enough for a portion or two.....and that way I don't have a lot to cook up (and eat)

Julie.....Yes, i have to start journalling food too. It is the only way I can get an idea of what exactly is entering my body.....though, this time I may look into FitDay or something like that, so as to get an idea of nutritive values too.

Cami.....You really have a sensible approach to food and exercise. You keep that treadmill running red hot!

I got on the scale this weekend......yeah. I figure I should lose about 70 pounds......I would be happy with 60......estatic with 80 (and could again fit into my size 10 wedding dress, but let's not get crazy here). This week is going to be just trying to get eating back under control and babysteps towards some kind of exercise program. Who knows......maybe I will finally figure out the little weight ticker thingy for the bottom of my posts?
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote