Old 12-12-2006, 12:59 AM   #91  

Default May I Join You Ladies?

Long story short: I lost about 45 lbs. a couple of years ago, now I've gained close to 3/4 of it back .... I must do something about it. As you can see, I need to lose close to 70 lbs. to be at my best weight for 5' 9".

I'm going to really try to control my eating as we get into Christmas. It will be hard, but I must. The heartburn and tight clothes are getting very aggravating!

I am counting calories, today stayed at 1300. I want to stay at 1500 or below. Tomorrow I must begin the walking! I look forward to getting to know all you girls, and helping you in whatever way I can.

Maggie
magnoliablossom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #92  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default One more day!

OK girls, despite my hurting toe, although it was a little less throbbing today, I managed to start AND finish the 20 minute-1 Mile WATP with Leslie this morning. I even have a few more minutes before I have to get showered, so I can write a quick post here!

My exercise tally so far looks like this (Most recent on top!):

12/12 - 20 minutes (WATP)
12/11 - 10 minutes (toning)

I feel good (other than the throbbing toe) and am glad I did it!

I don't have any food planned for the day, so I should take a few minutes this morning to plan my meal. I am going to be meeting my DD at school this afternoon for a little arts & crafts Christmas gathering, so it will be a quick bite (I have a can of soup on my desk) and out the door, then back to work for a few hours!

DH reminded me that we will be getting our 1/2 cow (sorry about that you vegetarians) in the next week or two, so we really need to get the freezer cleaned out. I've been taking things out forever it seems! How much does a family of 3 need in their freezer??? So I will have to go check and see what is in there when I am done with this!

Angie...Yea on the 20 minutes. Do you have an elipitcal machine or do you go to a gym? I liked your comment about your body will look great as long as you keep up what you are doing! That is so true! We (I) need to remember that!

Jennifer...AHEM!!! I haven't heard from you which means only one thing!! And you know what that is!!! Accountability! Come on! Let's get moving! If you did and didn't have time to post, well you are excused!

Elisha...Great to hear from you and glad you had an awesome vacation, but sorry you are sick! I always get sick after I travel. Something about our immunities being "at risk" and also the airplane thing! Anyway, get extra rest and keep drinking your tea. I always find that helps! Don't worry about the exercise challenge. We'll do another one next week!

Magnioliablossom (love that name)...I feel your pain with the losing and gaining thing! We are all dealing with that on this challenge, so welcome aboard! Did you get your walking in today? Hope so! We are here for you!

Alright...that's about it...Gonna go scavenge through the freezer and see what kind of "healthy" meal I can come up with for tonight!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #93  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Afternoon, ladies.

First up- confession- Julie, I didn't take your name in vain (or even Angie's!) because of a little situation last night. Hubby called me at work with the deal of the century- which, of course, is usually never the deal you think it's going to be. But, after checking into things, we had the opportunity to pick up a rather large LCD TV for over 70% off. Like, seriously dirt cheap for an above 50" TV. Our current TV is 35", which is nothing to sneeze at, but in the super-huge new family room / breakfast nook / kitchen area of the house, you can't read the TV guide channel info on the screen from the seating, which is between 9-15 feet away for sofas, and 20 feet away for the breakfast nook. We knew we'd have to do it eventually, and with the amazing offer he found online, combined with online coupons, well, it really, really was too good to pass up. He ordered online, with the option to go pick up. Long story short- because of the super-ridiculous low price, and the sheer volume of people buying the item in person, the closest available pickup location was Miami. So, I got home, we cleared everything out of the back of the Durango, and drove 2 HOURS to Miami to pick up this TV. And then we had to break down the packaging, because it didn't fit into the back of the behemoth of an SUV in the box, so we then drove very gingerly BACK 2 HOURS with this large TV in the back seat.

We got home at 9:30, and I have to be in bed by 10pm, to get up at 5am, so I didn't do the WATP last night, which would have had me climbing the walls. I WILL do that the minute I walk in tonight.

I DID, however, curse a LOT this morning, when I got 37 minutes of cardio in, unexpectedly. While I was driving to work, my right rear tire blew, and I had to pull over and change my own tire on the turnpike. 37 minutes of sweating in Florida heat, since it's STILL in the mid-high 70s here. I was having the darndest time getting the lug nuts off, and then when I did, and got the car jacked up, and then got the spare on, I was covered in rust-colored muddy goo from the roadwork and crap. NOT a good morning, by a long shot.

But it was just a reinforcement this morning, that at my current excessive weight, trying to do something like changing a tire on a busy highway is a major chore, and enough to make me break out into a sweat like I was running a mile. My legs burn from the ridiculous prolonged squat to deal with the tire, and when I finally got into the car and got back on the road, my legs were shaking like crazy. Just more confirmation that I need to get my butt in gear and get serious about this again.

Sorry about the long tirade there! Anyhow, with the traveling yesterday, at least the food was well under, despite no exercise. And today, there's more physical activity than usual, already. And food is good- need to focus on getting my water in for the rest of the year, and get my bladder used to me drinking a lake every day.

Elisha- glad you are back from vacation & had a good time. Sorry you're not feeling well, though- feel better soon!

Julie- Way to go on the WATP! I'll match you today- for sure!

Angie- thanks for letting me take your name in vain, too!

Doing WATP over & over & over again, when you can recite Leslie's banter word for word, she starts to annoy you, and it's usually her that I'm cursing once I'm in full swing, but I know the first movement in a long time was not going to be pretty. Heck, after the morning I had, the 1 mile should be nothing, right? LOL

Maggie- Welcome! Yay, another tall girl! I'm 5'10, and Elisha is right about there, too, I think. Glad to have you join us all here!

MsRD- where are you? Miss you- come prod me!

Update with exercise coming tonight after WATP, or in the morning

Food:
Breakfast-
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double
1 12oz diet coke

lunch
1 cup chili
1.5 cups brown rice
1oz shredded skim cheddar cheese

Dinner- something light- probably soup and 1/2 a sandwich, or something like that

Have a wonderful afternoon, ladies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #94  

Smile

Hello all!

It has been raining here all day......which is good, I guess. If it had been colder and all that precip had turned to snow, I would be up to my forward flange in snowdrifts!

Angie.....you are doing great on the exercise! And it still counts if you have to force yourself! Pretty soon, it will seem like second nature.....and you will get to the point where, if you miss a day, it will seem very strange.

Jennifer.....You get a gold star for the tire changing episode. I don't think I would even know how to change a tire......but I do have road service on speed dial, if necessary!

Julie.....Have you seen a doctor about your infected toe? This is nothing to ignore, as it could really get nasty in a hurry! I have done the 1-mile WATP every day since Sunday! WOOHOO!

Elisha.....Welcome home! So glad you had a great vacation. Keep chugging that water/tea for your cold's sake!

Maggie....Welcome! It is sooooo hard to control your eating during the holidays, isn't it? I simply must keep mine under control, as I do not want to see any additional poundage come January!

I have the next couple of days off.....trying to use up my vacation time before years end. I think I will just hang around the house.....do some cleaning, some decorating, some present wrapping......less than 2 weeks to go!

MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:42 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 240/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Maggie--Welcome. You have found a wonderful place for support. I was new here just a week ago and already I feel right at home. I think you are going to really enjoy it here.

Julie--how's the toe? MsRD is right. Maybe your doctor should look at it. My father in law just lost both of his big toes due to Diabetes. HOORAY to you on your exercise.

Jennifer, I couldn't change my own tire. But I can empathize with you about the leg burn from the porlonged squat. Yea, I can feel it now.

MsRD, its been raining here for a couple days, too. And yes if it gets cold it will be LOTS of snow. It isn't supposed to snow till the end of the week.
Enjoy your days off.

I managed 30 minutes on my eliptical machine. If I had to go away to do it I would never do it, I'm too cheap to pay to go to a gym and too lazy to get up and go every day.

Luky for me I have all of you here to help me stay motivated.
angieks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:30 AM   #96  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Morning chicks!

*sigh*

I'm not doing very well with this whole diet thing right now. It just seems that they are so many more important things, which I know is ridiculous, because what could possibly be more important than your health, right?

But I'm so tired, and I need more hours in the day to get everything done, not to mention sleep.

But I talked to Steve last night, and after New Years we're going to start a new diet and exercise routine. It's so much easier for me when I have his support.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but we've been thinking about when we want to have kids, and we thought we'd start trying within the next year or so. But I've made the decision that I'm not going to start trying until I get my weight back below 200. My body right now couldn't handle pregnancy, and it certainly couldn't handle running around after a little one, so I've got to get a grip on the excess weight now while I've got the chance.

OK, I've rambled too long already, and I've got to get back to work (which seems to have gone a little crazy gearing up for the holiday). I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #97  
motomom

Default Hump day

Good Morning all...
I think I am going to take your advice and get my toe checked out. It's starting to turn a funny shade of blue, but is mostly red, which does mean it's healing, but the blue color scares me a bit. I am prone to diabetes, although have never had a sugar problem, thankfully. My Mom has poor circulation throughout her feet, but she also has never exercised because of a congenital hip disorder. I've been putting Neosporin on it a couple of times a day. Damn feet! If it's not one thing with these feet, it's another! So, I think I will try to lay low today and see if it will heal if I don't aggravate it.

Elisha...You have had lots of changes in your life in the last year. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you need to take a break from all of this, I totally understand! Just don't let it get away from you, chickie! Having kids is sucha HUGE decision. Your body does need to be healthy and you are right for making that decision. Hang in there...we are here for you!

MsRD...I'm so proud of you for getting in that exercise every day this week! Walk away those pounds!! I would have too...stupid toe! Do a mile for me!

Angie...You are so much like me with the whole exercise thing...I'm the same way...wouldn't leave the house for exercise...who are they kidding anyway?? LOL!! You go girl on that eliptical!!!

Jennifer...You are a rock star!! Changing your own tire. Can you beleive that no one even stops anymore to see ifyou are ok??? Crazy, isnt' it? You go girl!!! I'd say that had to count for a whole lot of calorie burning right there!

Gotta go chickies and get ready for my day! Our new administrator started yesterday and can you say "The Devil Wears Prada"????? OMG!!! I think I'm going from fire into lava!!! Wish me luck with this one!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #98  

I just finished up with my exercise. 30minutes on the eliptical. If you knew me you'd know what a miracle that is. You are all miracle workers. did you know that?
Elisha--I wish I would have been smarter when I was planning (or not planning) for having my children. I was just 20 when I had my first. too young. You are really smart.
Julie, how's the toe? Hope its feeing better. Glad to hear that you will check with your doctor if it doesn't get well soon.

I wish you lots of luck with the new admisinstrator. Maybe when she's not so new things will be better.

gotta go
angie
Old 12-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #99  
"workin' on my fitness"

Good Morning! It's almost Friday!!!!

No emergencies THIS morning, but would you believe that yesterday my engine light came on about halway through my morning commute? I'm ready to drive this car off a cliff already! (well, ok, maybe to the edge of the cliff, and then push it over) It ended up being just a loose hose, and no major issue, but to have to deal with another car issue in 2 days was just more than I needed.

So, with only rain to deal with today, I'm hoping for a much better day ahead of me. The plan:

Breakfast
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double
1 small english muffin
1 75% reduced fat sausage patty

Lunch
1 cup chili
1.5 cups brown rice
1oz shredded skim cheddar

Dinner- TBD

Exercise- 1 mile WATP, house cleaning

Company gets here on 12/22, so I have 1 week to get everything spotless, and put away all the boxes from Christmas decorations & packaging & etc. This weekend, I also have to do a grocery run for good stuff in the interim, and start going through a big list of staples & must-haves for the "2007 Healthy Eating Event" in our house.

MsRD- Hope you enjoy those days off away from work! Can you believe that the response time from roadside assistance was "between 1-2 hours" because it was morning rush hour. Unreal!

Elisha- You've had a busy year, with so many changes, and so much happening. The house, the wedding, the job & job searching- it's overwhelming, to say the least. And yeah, we're all guilty of putting the most important things last. Deep breath. Regroup. Hubby needs to lose about 25 pounds, so this time, he'll be joining me, too. Having his buy in & commitment helps make it easier, for sure! With Steve doing it, you'll find it easier to stick with it, and you're working towards a goal together- being healthy for working on those future children!

Angie- great job sticking with the exercise- you're rocking, girl! How do you like your eliptical? I've been thinking about asking "SantaHubby" for another piece of exercise equipment, and I really like the stationary bike I have right now. We had a treadmill that was set at a horrible incline that I hated- I might have used it 5 times, and was trying for a long time to give it away to anyone, and we finally donated it after we moved. So, tell me what you think

Julie- Blue toes? Make that doctor appointment, chica. Don't make us drive up there during winter & drag you. Ok, Angie is closest, I think, so we'll meet there, and all gang up on you. I know you're going to knock 'em dead at work- the new director is going to see how awesome you are, and be so thankful that she has you! You rock, girlfriend!

Ok, I think this has taken me an hour to type, between phone calls and work interruptions. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. It's almost the weekend!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #100  
motomom

Default Busy Day~

Hi everyone...where is everyone...I only saw a post from Jennifer and Angie since I posted! Oh well...Christmas IS right around the corner...for sure!

I know I haven't been doing well, which is what I said when I started the Mini Exercise challenge, but yesterday I had a talk with the new boss and asked her for more hours, which she gave me, so now I have 1/2 hour less in the morning for things like exercise...and today was just a crazy day not to mention that not only does my big toe hurt, but I have a horrible hang nail on the 4th toe which I tried to rip off (yes, I said rip) and well...now it's infected and hurting...

And...I worked a long day today. 9:30-4:30, which actually turned into 5pm. Then home, a quick bite to eat (talked DH into going out, yes!) and back to work from 6:30-8:30! My back is aching and I'm sure it's from standing all day...my feet ache...I need to go to bed!!!

So those are my pitiful excuses for not "participating" TODAY in the challenge! BUT...I am here...posting and begging for mercy! Next week is not going to be any kinder, but I really NEED all of you to hang in there and keep me motivated (thank you Angie...and I understand the "miracle worker" comparison...I have felt it with this group and know exactly what you mean).

Some nice things have happened at work in the last couple of days. REsidents have said some really nice things and I don't feel stressed out as much and as Angie said, my new boss is not as bad as we all would to think she is...she just is able to make a decision...which is what I hated about the last boss!!! He had no um, er...testicles!

OK...and one more nice thing happened tonight on my way home from work...there were no flat tires and no lights coming on in my van (sorry about your worry, Jennifer)...just Aurora Borealis (the Northern Lights) gleaming in the sky. I was daydreaming about Santa (really...craziest thing) and all of sudden as I was banking an exit ramp, I saw the green shimmer in the sky!! It was awsome! So I called anyone I could think of to tell them about it and rushed home to show DD who was already almost asleep! But it was very cool...been a while since I Have seen them here! I'll try to attach a link so you can see what I saw. Look at the Muskegon ones...that's what I saw and even though it wasn't like some of the others, it still was very cool!

http://www.wzzm13.com/weather/resour...?storyid=66957

Hope you all are having a great night and an even better day tomorrow!
Did anyone see Biggest Loser Finale?? All the finalists looked awesome!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:10 AM   #101  

Hi. Guess what. I lost 8 # since I started exercising. Thank you all for supporting me and keeping me on track with this.

Julie, glad the new boss is working out. My old boss (a man) had the same problem your old boss did. My new one seems better suited for the job.
How's the toe?

Jennifer, I really like the eliptical. I would really recommend getting one if you can. The first 5 minutes of the workout are the hardest. And I found if I take the time to do my stretches it is more comfortable, too. Once I get going it seems to be smooth sailing. I even added 10 extra minutes tonight.

Everyone else, I missed hearing from you. Hope everyone is well. Hope you are just too busy exercising and having fun to post.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:28 AM   #102  
motomom

Default Tgif

First off....

Angie....
Need I say more??? 8 pounds??? That IS something to celebrate! OK...you ARE inspiring me and motivating me! I am sooooo proud of you!

Now today is my day to weigh in and I'm hoping for one pound or at least to not have gained (which I'm pretty sure by the feel of my clothes that I haven't gained). I just finished a toning workout. It seems to be easier and make more sense to me in the mornings when I wake up stiff and feeling yucky!

So my exercise for the week looks like this:
12/15 - 15 minutes toning
12/14 -nothing
12/13 - nothing
12/12 - 20 minutes (WATP)
12/11 - 10 minutes (toning)

It's not exactly what I had hoped for, but it's better than what I was doing before...nothing at all!

I want to do this challenge through the weekend because that's where I really start to slack. Is anyone interested in doing it with me? And then we can continue again on Monday with a "Holiday week Challenge"! What do you think? Let me know!

Jennifer...Your breakfasts & lunches look great! How are suppers doing? Did you get your 1 mile in yesterday? I'm going to try to get a mile in tonight depending on how my feet are feeling tonight! Will you be around this weekend at all for a chat? email me and let me know!

OK...I need to get going. Elisha? Are you out there somewhere?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #103  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Egad, I'm not doing so well at this posting thing right now.

Work has been a little... eh. And today I'm getting a new computer, so I've been on and off (with more still to come) trying to get things done, and it's not working very well. I think I should just get to go home while they do this.

I'm feeling somewhat better, though I've still got a bit of a cold. My food has been absolutely ridiculous. Due to lack of time and lack of food in the house we've been eating out a lot, and I know that isn't good for us. We're going to the grocery store tonight though, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I'm going to try my best to exercise tomorrow though. I don't have any other major plans for the weekend (except shopping, and I'm not sure when or how much that will be), so I should be able to fit in at least a few minutes. I'd really like to get out my DDR. Maybe I'll invite my friend over, I know she will play with me.

OK, the IT people need my computer some more, so I guess that's all from me for now. I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #104  

Red face

Happy Friday to all!

Two vacation days in a row.....nearly killed me off trying to get everything done! It took me 5 hours to get the house decorated Wednesday (DD suggested it might be a tad over the top ) But that included hauling the totes out of the basement, along with the tree and a couple of wreaths.....and then clearing space for all my doo-dads....and then tidying up again and hauling totes back downstairs. My poor aching feet....I think they were just complaining about hauling all this poundage around!

Angie.....WOOHOO! You lost 8 pounds! I would say that YOU are the miracle worker. ...you are the one who made the committment.....exercised faithfully....did the whole healthy living thing!

Elisha.....It is so good that Steve is going to join you (and support you!), trying to lose weight. Together, you can do anything!

Julie.....What did you find out about your toes? Get them healed up before you start banging them on the floor again.

Jennifer.....Car issues make me crazy. Probably because I know almost nothing about the internal combustion engine.... ...so I imagine the worse with every little rattle or clunk. Thankfully, I have a family full of 'car people' who periodically save me from myself.

This weeks exercise has been less than planned.... ..I missed Wednesday (see above-mentioned decorating frenzy) and then again on Thursday (was at Mom's assisted living holiday dinner....a bittersweet time, at best). Sooo, tonight, I am back at it. I still don't think I am up for 2 miles.....but maybe next weeks' Holiday Week Challenge?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #105  

Talking

Hello all!

Hello? Hello? Just dropped by to let you know that, as of this AM's weigh in, am DOWN TWO POUNDS!!!!

You there? YOOHOO????

No matter......I will continue partying by my self.......

I'VE LOST

I'VE LOST

I'VE LOST TWO POUNDS!