Old 12-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #46  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

By the way my name is Linda.

Good day here, our group went on a hike. The leader kept asking us if we wanted to go further and we kept saying yes. We ended up going just a little over 20 km., further than I have ever gone. We had lunch on the trail, I had taken a sandwhich with me. The rest of the day was sensible eating.

By the time I post here late at night it is already the next day. Today is my husband's birthday, he wants dinner at home. His requests are lasagna, ceaser salad, garlic buns and birthday cake. My daughter made his cake at her house so it is not around to tempt me until dinner. I will have a few bites of salad, one and only one piece of lasagna, and a small piece of cake. Immediate family is coming but we only have a small group of us. Later we are going to a movie so I 'm going to try my best to resist the popcorn etc. I sound so positive lol so I hope the in me doesn't come out.

Elizabeth, hope the rest of your day went well. I haven't gone to a gym for a while . I use to go and use the machines and have done some of the classes. Right now I'm mostly walking. I have a exercise bike which I find boring so when I use it I pedal fast and read or watch tv. Maybe after the New Year I will vary my exercise again.

Judy, glad you had a blast today

The stepper, it killed my knees too.

I think you said in a earlier post you were leaving today to go home for Christmas? If so I hope you have a good time. Will you be able to check in with us at all?

I some times watch home decorating and decluttering shows . I like to get organizing tips. I have a friend that it totally addicted to these shows.

Well I should jump in the tub and soak my aching legs and get to bed.
Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Yep, I am in Ohio now with my family. My mom doesn't have a computer but I can always check in on my BlackBerry--the problem is remembering when I'm not in front of a computer. I worked out for 70 minutes this morning before packing. I am mostly eating well today, but I had a chai at Starbucks at the airport--not a good choice.

Linda, good work on the hike, and on managing to enjoy the b-day dinner without overdoing it.

I brought a couple of videos so ihave no excuse not to work out in the morning!

Less than two weeks to go...one day at a time!

Judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

Good evening, Judy & Linda. I'm sorry to say that I spent today feeling fatigued and sickly... I'm getting ready for bed right now and it's not even 8pm yet. Let's hope I'm able to get back into my workout routine no later than tomorrow night. In the meantime, I'll take solace in the fact that both of you are turning into lean, mean exercise machines. (And by the way, the stationary bike bores me to tears, too.) Stay strong, stay focused.

elizabeth
elizabeth28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:47 AM   #49  
Shooting for Goal

My scale dropped 2 lbs today.

Elizabeth hope you feel better tomorrow. My husband got very sick tonight so hope he hopes he feels well enough to work tomorrow.

I ate light for most of day and did well at dinner, but gave in to some popcorn at the movies. All in all a fairly good day. Walking was 7 km in the morning.

Judy, I don't muchabout Blackberries, I hear on tv how great they are.

Tomorrow should be a easy day for me, nothing challenging for the day. I decided to make another Christmas present so I'm trying to get that finished before Christmas. It is relaxing to make but if I don't get it done before Christmas it is okay, it will be a birthday present instead.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #50  

Linda, congratulations on seeing a drop on the scale! But I'm sorry to hear about your hubby. This is an especially crummy time to be sick. Hope he feels better soon.

And Elizabeth, don't fret about not exercising, your body needs a change of pace for the moment. As long as you don't overeat, slacking off for a few days if you're sick won't set you back at all...but being rundown certainly will.

I feel like I'm in the Land of Gluten. I'm getting plenty to eat, but this is the season for baked goods, and I really miss all the cake, cookies, bread, etc. So I'm "treating" myself to really good dark chocolate, but I have to stop that, today is my last day of that, I promise myself. I'm having fun with my folks and enjoying my vacation.

Have great Friday!

Judy
Old 12-22-2006, 04:02 AM   #51  
Shooting for Goal

Judy, this is the time to try and stay strong but I'm finding it hard. Happy to hear you are having a good time.

Elizabeth I dibn't see you here today, hoping that you were just busy and not still sick.

Today I ate everything I saw, not good. My exercise was only 2 1/2 km today which is really low for me.

My husband was feeling better today. He wants a few days off for Christmas so he is working extra hours right now.

My daughters and I got together and did a few Christmas crafts tonight which was fun. It also included some wine and chocolate. My daughter makes the most delicious chocolates, I had 5 which wasn't too bad if the rest of my day had been better.

It is snowing out tonight and so pretty when I was driving home.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:36 PM   #52  

Well, I'm feeling somewhat ok today. Judy, I think I'll take your advice and wait until I've regained my strength & stamina (minus any orange juice-induced weight-gain) so as to safely resume my work-out regimen.

And, as I'm sure you know, dark chocolate is quite good for you; the higher the cocoa content, the greater the concentration of antioxidants. I usually buy the 85% Lindt bars, although at heart I am, and always will be, a milk-chocolate addict.

Linda (as in "yay, Linda, you've lost 2lbs!!" ) thanks for your concern. I hope your husband is feeling better.

Take care,
elizabeth
Old 12-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #53  

Just a quick hello---I made better choices yesterday, except for munching on too many pistachios while playing Scrabble. I did a 70-minute workout yesterday, and need to do a quick video now before I talk myself out of it. I'm such a slug when I'm with the folks!

Santa will be here soon..be good for two more days, Elizabeth and Linda!

Judy
Old 12-24-2006, 03:29 AM   #54  
Shooting for Goal

Just a quick visit tonight for me too. I have been doing well . Getting my exercise in and controlling my eating. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be real challenges for my food. Planning on doing exercise both days, I know I can fit it in if I take the time to do it. Ho Ho Ho. Finished making the last Christmas present and wrapped it.

Elizabeth glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Yes don't worry about exercising if your not feeling well.

Judy way to go with your exercise even while you are at home.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #55  

Merry Christmas, lovely ladies!! I dare say that I'm back to normal as of today. Yet, somehow, I'm still coming up with excuses as to why I shouldn't work out just yet... Another thing to note is that I thought I'd save myself some time and trouble by buying gift cards for everyone: I was wrong. On several occasions the gift cards I ordered weren't delivered as they were supposed to; apparently 'next day delivery' really means you have to wait for 3-5 business days, while e-certificates can end up in one's spam folder, or not arrive at all...
Old 12-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #56  

Season's greetings to you! I hope you are both enjoying this special day. My immediate family gathered at one of brother's homes for dinner and silliness on Xmas eve. Today is totally unscripted; I might laze around with my mom, see friends or a movie..go with the flow.

I have gotten workouts in most days, and been good about avoiding gluten. The chocolate is another story. I will neeed to detox when I get back home!

Thanks for your support--judy
Old 12-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #57  

Hiya! Four days left... I can't say that I'm doing splendid, but I'm not doing terribly either. Judy, I hope your duel with the chocolate had a happy ending. Linda, I assume all is well...

I don't know yet if I'll be joining a new challenge for '07, but I am open to any and all suggestions you may have.

Take care,
elizabeth
Old 12-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #58  

Yaay, I'm back in my candy-free apartment this evening, after a great visit with my family. I managed to work out most days, thanks to my mini DVD player, and stuck to the gluten-free regime, which thankfully eliminated lots of the sugary and buttery temptations. Ah, but the candy...

Now that I'm home, I will spend the next four days housecleaning and detoxing. I will be up for a new challenge to start the year. I do best with 2-3 week challenges. How about a 21-day jump start beginning New Year's Day?

Judy
Old 12-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #59  

Yay, you're back intact! I love the 21-day jump start idea. Should we call it the "21-day jump start challenge"? ... whatever.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #60  

Elizabeth, if you're willing to start the thread, you can name it whatever you want!

Linda, I hope you're doing well!

Between now and New Year's, I'm sticking with veggies, lean protein and just a little fruit and carbs. My sweet tooth monkey is outraged , but that's the way it's gotta be. I'm about to break out the WATP 5-mile walk, and head to the grocery store to restock my kitchen. i spent the morning reading and thinking, trying to get the most out of my quiet, free time before heading back to work next Tuesday. So far, so good!

judy