Old 05-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #91  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi ladies-

Day 1 of no binging was successfull for me. I stuck to my healthy foods and portions although I had to stop myself at least 3 times as I headed toward the kitchen for no good reason. I usually have the most trouble on the first few days of getting back to basics, so hopefully I'm halfway through the hard part.

Today I've got some training in the morning and then a art class in the afternoon. I got my 4 mile walk in during a dry spot this morning. I can't wait for this rain to be on its way. I'm getting ready for a turbo workout as soon as I get this posted.

Julie-That is a packed day! I hope your feet have recovered and are ready for today.

Jennifer-It sounds like you are going to have a spectacular garden! What a lot of work you put in over the weekend! It will all be worth it when everything fills in and looks terrific! I liked some of your breakfast suggestions. Think I may try some of them out. Thanks.

elisha-Sorry about your blender. I just love days that start off with something like that. It sounds like you're getting lots done on your weekends. You're right about things evening out too. Its way to easy to get down after a bad day and not taking notice of the good days surrounding them.

Good luck sticking to your plan today everyone. I'm off to workout. Have a great day!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #92  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chickies!

Official weigh-in puts me down 0.6 pounds from last week to 216.6. I’ll take it! Considering my horrible eating, insufficient water intake, lack of exercise, and extra stress last week, I figured I’d be up. Apparently all the good stuff I did yesterday helped make up for it.

So yeah, yesterday was good. Calories actually came in at 1700, because my stomach was growling at 10.00, so I had a small handful trail mix to tide me over until lunch. I’m not too worried about it. Water was 96 oz., and exercise was 30 minutes on the bike. And today I had more protein at breakfast, so hopefully it will keep me full longer, and I planned in a small snack just in case.

I didn’t get up to exercise again this morning, but I believe I will tomorrow. Not that I really want to get up early, but it does help wake me up for the rest of the day, and that is definitely something I need help with! Today I think I could fall asleep right now. I made it to bed around 10.15 last night and got up at 6, and that still isn’t enough sleep.

Menu for today looks like this:
Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/creamer, 1 egg, 2 sl. ww toast, 1 T. LF mayo, tomato slices
Snack: V-8
Lunch: turkey burger w/sautéed onions and muenster cheese, baked potato w/LF chive cream sauce, diet berries & cream dr. pepper
Snack: Apple
Dinner: tomato-lentil soup, corn muffin, tomato-cucumber-mozzarella salad
Dessert: Peach

I made some coffee-praline muffins this weekend, of course making healthy substitutions wherever I could. Man, are they tasty! I don’t like muffins that are incredibly sweet, and these turned out just about perfect for me. Unfortunately, they’re still about 215 calories per muffin, and a muffin for breakfast would last me about 32 seconds, and I hate to spend 215 calories on something “extra.” The moral of the story is, I brought the rest of them in to work today and am forcing other people to eat them. *sigh* Better their hips than mine! My thighs will thank me later!

That reminds me, I was watching Honey, We’re Killing the Kids! last night. It was the best episode yet. The whining was at a minimum and they all made really big changes. The dad even went back to school to get a different job so he could spend more time with his family. The kids were so much happier when they got involved in activities, and they actually liked making the healthy changes (after the first couple of days anyway). Anyway, it was a really good episode.

Brandy: Good job stopping yourself from wandering into the kitchen! The first few days are always the hardest! Stay strong! You can do it!

Julie: That’s a lot of coffee! And a lot of activity in your day! Good job going out to play soccer with the DD—I think that’s worth more than anything, for you and for her!

Jennifer: When you’re done with your yard, you want to come help with mine? I have no idea what to do with it! And I have a very small yard, so it will be easy! I’ll post the Chicken with Lime Sauce recipe over on our recipe thread some time today.

MsRD: 2 pounds is 2 pounds! Take it and be glad it’s not in the opposite direction!

Diana: Don’t be too jealous of the shopping trip. Most of it was spent looking at things like paper plates and napkins! But we did get a lot of stuff checked off our list, so it’s all good.

OK, I had to take a break for a meeting, and now my train of thought it completely gone, so I’ll stop rambling. Have a wonderful day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #93  
"workin' on my fitness"

Man, it has been a day so far! It started to pour yesterday, so much so that it took me nearly 2 hours to get home from work, driving 25-35 mph in the left lane. And today, we've got 100% chance of rain- check out this radar!:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=33470

Plan for the day:

Breakfast
2 packets cinnamon & spice oatmeal
1 cup earl gray tea w/ splenda & 2 french vanilla creamers
18oz water

Lunch
Healthy choice dinner- chicken planks & mac & cheese
(didn't eat the mac & cheese, was pretty icky looking)
1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
18oz water

If I get hungry, I have a pina colada publix lowfat yogurt for snack, since lunch wasn't that filling.

Dinner
1/2 sandwich
1 can chickarina soup, with extra water for added bulk.

Have enough room in my food budget for a small dessert, either fruit, or a frozen fruit bar. If it stays rainy & gets damp once it gets dark, I might opt into a cup of sugar free hot chocolate, for comfort.

Nothing on the agenda for tonight with this weather- no planting, nothing ourdoors, so I might be forced to work on unpacking boxes. Hubby might be inspecting late, and his day in this rain is not going to be pleasant, so I'll be staying out of his way, for sure.

Oh- he took pics yesterday of the plants...lemme get them, and post with my comments!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #94  
"workin' on my fitness"

http://www.boomspeed.com/jenr/IM009455.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/jenr/IM009456.jpg

Ok, those are the pics from the Sunday plant, stab, and sizzle-a-thon.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #95  

Happy Tuesday!

Well, the 'every single day' challenge sounded like such a good idea.....before my week got complicated! Yesterday afternoon, DH suggested I needed a couple days off and why not this week and we'll go on a little road trip.....so things got kicked into high gear......talked the boss into vacation days on 24 hours notice,called and made reservations for puppy camp for the husky, got someone to come in and pick up the mail and feed the feline, rescheduled appointments and have to do laundry before I can get packed tonight so we can leave tomorrow after work! Then, we called some friends to tell them we would be in their area.....only to find that he had had a heart attack that AM and was in cardiac intensive care!.....(praying really hard here)........so we will pop in to check on him and his wife and see if there is anything we can do to help there.

Jennifer......If you miss a bubble bath one day, I think that it goes to the top of your 'priority' list the next, right?

Julie....Federal inspectors!!! Oooohhh, that sounds positively scary......though I know you will pull the whole thing off in grand style.

Elisha.....Yikes! You really got a lot done last weekend......and lost weight too! There is something about being really busy that doesn't leave a lot of time for snacking, huh?

Brandy.....Good going on the 'no bingeing' this week! The first day is always the hardest and you made it! Put some fresh fruits or veggies in front in the fridge, so they are handy if you need a snack!

I have been doing 30 minutes of WATP every day this week......knowing full well that a road trip does not include exercise at all! Calories have been good....today it came in just under 1000, which makes me wonder what I forgot to write down!
Have a great week!

'
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:39 AM   #96  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Fly By Post

Hi all...
Just a quickie here! Yesterday was a busy day (again!) Didn't get home until almost 9 last night, so needless to say...eating on the run wasn't helpful with losing!

I weighed in 1/4 lb less than last week! I really need to stay around 24 points if I am going to do this! And drink my water...and work out! Grrrr!

My lunch is packed.
I don't have a meal ready for tonight!
My plan is to walk or ride the e-bike when I get home tonight.
I am writing down my points as I eat them today and when I am done, no more food!!!!
Can't remember my other goals, but water is going to be HUGE today!

Have a great day, and I get 3 more days with the FEDS and then hopefully, we won't have any more surveys until NEXT YEAR!!! It's pretty wierd having them in our building. They are very serious...and when I walk into my room (which they are using)...they stop talking until I leave! Spooky!!!!

Anyway...gotta run! Hope you all get some sunshine today!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #97  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my grandfather’s death. He was a wonderful person, and one of the most influential people in my life. I love you and miss you, Grandpa!

Yesterday was an ok day for me. Calories came in just under 1600, water was 90+ oz. No exercise though, because I decided to sleep instead! And I feel much better today! I wish I could get 9-10 hours of sleep every night!

The scale is down to 215.6 this morning, so that’s good. I didn’t follow my meal plan exactly yesterday—instead of peaches for dessert, I had some reduced-calorie hot chocolate.

I will exercise tonight though. I hope the rain stops for a bit so I can take Ella for a walk. If not, it will be the bike for me, and a weights session either way.

Today’s menu:
Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/creamer, Multi-grain English muffin, 1 T. LF mayo, 1 sl. FF cheese, 4 oz. lean turkey ham
Snack: Apple
Lunch: ½ c. of each: red beans, long grain brown rice, corn, stewed tomatoes, w/2 T. LF sour cream, ½ a cucumber w/vinegar, 1 oz. mozzarella
Snack: LF yogurt
Dinner: Reduced-fat chicken enchilada… something else. I planned to have a couple tortilla chips with it, but now that I think about it, I don’t think we have any. But I do need to stop at the grocery store, so perhaps I will pick some up. We’ll see. I’d do better off having a veggie.
Dessert: Kiwi

I was talking to one of my coworkers last night about nutrition/dieting. He and his wife are on WW, and he was saying that his wife portions out his food for him. The other night for dinner he told me he had something like 4 fish sticks and 6 tater tots. At first I thought, “Mmm… fish sticks and tater tots, that sounds good.” But then I thought of what a measly amount of food that seems like, and not nutritious at all. I would much rather have a big chunk of grilled salmon with some nice spicy roasted potatoes and perhaps some snap peas, and my full dinner would probably still have fewer calories and more nutrients than his 4 fish sticks and 6 tater tots, and be much more satisfying.

So I’m thinking about food in a different way. I want to get the most nutritional bang for my buck, if you will. I like food, and I like eating. I like eating a LOT of food. If I’m limiting my calorie intake, I CANNOT eat junk foods and be satisfied, because I’d only get to eat a tiny amount. But if I eat healthy foods, nutritious foods… I can eat to my heart’s desire (at least with some things). Honestly… I don’t care how many cucumbers I eat.

And I want to get my nutrients from my food, not from a pill (although I still take a multi-vitamin, because it can’t hurt, right?). I WANT my foods to be good for me. I want to include fruits and veggies and whole grains and all of the other things that are good for me.

Granted, my diet isn’t perfect, and I’ve still got a lot of work to do. But it’s finally clicking that I want my diet to be healthy, not just low-calorie. And I’m finding better ways to do that.

Planning really helped a lot this week, as did cooking ahead. I plan to keep that up in the weeks ahead.

Anyway, I’ve got some work to do. Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 05-17-2006, 12:23 PM   #98  
"workin' on my fitness"

Yesterday got away from me, and I never hit enter on my comments....but they are here today, for sure.

Dinner last night was not what was planned- it was pouring, and hubby had to cancel his last appointment for the day, so he was home, hard at work, and had homemade chili and brown rice waiting for me when I got in. Yummy! Julie, I think he could smell yours simmering the other day & channeled some of that

I cleaned up the kitchen from his prep work, and also all the stuff that was piling up on the counters. I married Hansel. I can tell you everything he has done throughout the day, because he leaves a trail. He can cover every single surface in the house with clutter- and 90% of our stuff isn't even unpacked!!!! Then, went through 2 weeks worth of mail from 2 houses, dealt with coupon clipping, filing, etc, and writing out as many bills as I could. Hubby was beat & was asleep before 8pm. I settled down to watch Idol while I did the bills, and called to make address changes on magazines & stuff that doesn't come too often. Watched House, and then at 10pm, I just couldn't keep the eyes open any longer. Called it a night, woke up at 3am to pee, and then went back to bed until the alarm went off at 5am.

Last night & again this morning I have a sharp pain in the left side of my abdomen, towards the front. Could be feminine-region, could be intestinal, but definitely a sharp pain that is annoying me. Not gas from veggies or too much fiber, or malitol overdoses...just this weird pain. Thoughts? Possibilities?

Plan for the day:
Breakfast
1 meatball & mozzarella lean pocket
1 cup earl gray tea
12oz diet coke
18oz water

Lunch
3/4 cup brown rice
3/4 cup chili
1/2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced pears, drained

Dinner
more leftover chili, or the chickarina soup, since it is STILL raining.

I have to do a closing here at the office today, and also cover the front desk for the receptionist at 1pm, so the day will move rather quickly. That's always a good thing!

Julie- I got tired just reading about your day with the coffee service. And then playing soccer on top of that- you're such a good mom! And I'm proud of you for going to play when your feet must have been on fire from being on them all day. And 1/4 of a pound is still a loss- at my mom's WW meetings, they call .2 of a pound "butter" because you'd have lost a stick of butter for those .2 pounds. You just lost 2.5 sticks of butter.

Brandy- yardwork...we've got so much that needs to be done, and so many big ideas...I keep telling hubby we've got no time pressure, since this is the house we'll be in forever. I'd just like to have it done before I'm too old to enjoy it- it may just take us forever to be done.

MsRD- sending my thoughts and prayers for your friend. Sorry the visit coincides with health problems, and here's hoping that he's released and you can spend quiet time with them both.

Elisha- your muffins sound good. I'll help with your yard if we ever get finished with ours. I found that once we came up with a basic idea of what colors we liked, and what was the lowest maintenance, we were able to do some big pieces like the bougainvillea. I wanted a more formal look to the front yard, with more whimsy in the back where we'd be spending time. Ditto on the nutrition & volume of food- I'd rather have 2 cups of cucumbers and a chicken breast than have a single slice of pizza. Who gets full on that little food, with that little nutritional value? And for how many more empty calories?

All right...off to nuke my chili...have a great day, chickies!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #99  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

It’s still raining here. Something like the 4th day in a row. I know other people have it worse than we do though, like everyone in New England, so I guess I can’t complain too much. And it even stopped raining long enough to take a walk last night.

So yesterday was a pretty good day. Water was 105 oz, calories came in at 1603, exercise was a 25 minute walk with Steve and Ella and a set of weights. The scale this morning is up to 216.0. I think that’s because of 2 reasons: #1, the weights, and #2, popcorn. I’m wondering if the timing of those two things will make a difference in my weight (i.e. if I do my weights in the morning will it still show up on the scale the next day? Same with carbs/salt from the popcorn… I will have to investigate).

Yesterday’s menu went as planned, except I had some chili popcorn after dinner rather than tortilla chips (because I forgot to get them at the store). Just sprinkle some garlic, chili powder, and cumin over your popcorn… it was surprisingly tasty.

Today’s menu looks like this:
Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/1 T (each) creamer, 1 multi-grain English muffin, 1 sl. FF cheese, 4 oz. turkey ham, 1 kiwi
Snack: Low-Sodium V8
Lunch: Enchilada, pear
Snack: FF yogurt
Dinner: Grilled tomato, avocado, and mozzarella on rye, whipped sweet potatoes

I was going to go for a walk with my best friend after work, but since it’s raining I doubt that will happen. In any case, I didn’t bring any other clothes or shoes. If she wants I may go over there for dinner and some DDR, but I doubt it. I hope I can just go home, eat dinner, then hop on the e-bike for a while.

No, I didn’t get up early to exercise today. I’m still working on the sleep issue. I went to bed around 9:15 last night and slept until 6 this morning. Yep, still tired today. I posted yesterday morning that I was feeling good, but a short while later I was tired and drained. Something’s not right there. It’s on my list to speak to the dr. about.

OK, my brain just stopped, so I guess I’ll stop typing for the moment. Have a good one, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 05-18-2006, 08:28 PM   #100  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Sorry I've been away. We had guests. So I'm starting the challenge late, but it's better than not at all.

Goals:
1. stay within points
2.not use flex points
3.walk everday
4.at least 6 cups of water
5. at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies

should be doable. I'm getting there with my exercise minutes. It's sure helping as I'm down 5 pounds this week. It showed it 2 days in a row, so I think it's real. 3 away from my mini goal!

Brandy, what's turbokick? When is your recital?

Elisha, sorry I've been away so I'm starting your mini weekly challenge late. Sounds like you're a great cook I've burnt out a blender before too. It was a nice one too Hey, fantastic that you were down on your "official" weigh in. Those "anniversaries" are always hard. They make me be more appreciative though.

Julie, Is sure lol'ed about your husband hooking up your Mother's Day gift. Sounds like a nice one. I ahd to remind my DH that it was MD, my kids are little so they don't know. Your job sounds fun. Julie's Jumpin' Java, I like it Hey, at least it's a down. Sooo much better than a gain.

Jennifer, I'm soooooo jealous. We're doing a new yard too, but can't have anything fun like grape-fruit trees. and what are bougainvilleas Beautiful plants you showed us. What are they? We have a garden tub in our ensuite too, but I've barely been in it, I think only once without kids with me Is your pain ovu;ation? some people can feel that. I used to,

MsRD, hope your friend is healing well. Enjoy your road trip anyway but just pepper it with prayer. I put in a prayer for you all too. Congrats on the 'down' they are always good.

well, my pecking at the keyboard is tiring me as I'm holding a snoozing
so I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with all fingers available
keep at the weekly goals! oh by the way, how are you all doing with the exercise minutes?

Last edited by DewCan; 05-18-2006 at 08:36 PM.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #101  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi! Thinking of you all- just so darn busy! I am sorry I haven't posted. I'm doing well. Doing my toning every day, and even got in 30 min. of cardio last night. I'm up 2 pounds, and I know why..too much sodium and too little water. But, I have a plan for that!!

I hope you are all well. I'm off to bed. I hope to have a longer entry later! We are in the midst of baseball tournaments, and it has been a brutal schedule!!!!

Take care, eat well, exercise much!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:14 AM   #102  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning and happy Friday!!!

I've made my no binging goal so far, but the next 2 days will be the hardest. Recital is tonight and we have an end of year choir dessert party tomorrow night. I'm going to need a lot of will power, and I'm just not feeling it at the moment. I had a horrid headache last night and still feel off this morning. Hopefully I can get it totally gone and I'll feel more confident about making good choices.

lisa girl-enjoy those tournaments. Great job keeping up with your exercise with all the running after the kids you've been busy doing.

Dewcan-Turbokick is the gym version of TurboJam (infomercial sold workout). Basically its a kickboxing workout danced up slightly with GOOD music. My recital is tonight. Should be interesting. Not everyone is prepared, but they never are.

elisha-Do you think the tired is weather related? We are all achy and crabby with headaches cuz we haven't seen the sun in over a week. Fun times around here. I hope you get it figured out.

Jennifer-Is your appendix around the left lower ab? Hope you're feeling better.

I'm off to start another workout. I hope you all have a terrific day.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #103  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Brandy: I know that I get weather-related headaches (I get everything-related headaches), but I don’t think that’s the case with the tired, simply because I’m ALWAYS tired, no matter the weather. It’s supposed to be partly sunny here tomorrow… I’m just hoping we have time to mow the lawn—it needs it!

Lisa: Busy, busy, busy! Good job keeping up with the toning though, and cardio too! Too much sodium and not enough water will do that to you fairly quickly. Fortunately, it’s also quickly reversed, so chug that water and flush out your system!

Diana: Congrats on the loss! Yay! Don’t worry about the challenge—better late than never, right? Besides, we can always do another one next week!

Jennifer: I don’t know that Steve has *ever* cooked for me. Actually, he’s tried a couple of times, but I always end up “helping.” His idea of cooking is taking me out to dinner. I guess that’s not too bad though.

Julie: ¼ pound is ¼ pound! Make sure you’re drinking your water, and watch the sodium this weekend! Good luck with the Feds!

MsRD: I hope you’re having fun on your mini-vacation! I’m saving up the rest of my vacation days for wedding and honeymoon purposes.

OK, so, it’s finally Friday, and boy, am I glad! Hooray for sleeping in tomorrow! Especially if it’s rainy and dreary… perfect sleeping in weather.

Yesterday was good. Calories were around 1595 or so, water was good, exercise was 30 minutes on the bike (and my legs could really feel it!). The scale is down to 215.4 this morning.

I’m starting to crave junky-snacky stuff though, after my week of pre-planned healthiness. Last night I rearranged my dinner a little and made some lower-fat snack mix to get myself through the munchies. Unfortunately, the bad food cravings are still here today. But, I played with my menu today and worked in a few treats. And as it turns out, I forgot my yogurt for my afternoon snack, so I’ll save my pear from lunch and eat it then, and I will have an extra 120 calories to play with this evening. Yay! Today’s menu looks like this:

Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/creamer, 2 sl. rye toast, 1 T. LF mayo, 1 sl. FF cheese, 1 big slice of tomato, ½ c. egg beaters
Lunch: 1 sl. rye bread, 1 sl. turkey ham, 2 big tomato slices, ½ c. whipped sweet potatoes
Snack: Pear, 1 sq. dark chocolate w/cranberries, blueberries, and almonds (they were on sale and I just had to get some! I brought most of it to give to my coworkers so it’s not sitting at my house.)
Dinner: 2 sl. pepperoni pizza, probably some more snack mix or something else with it

Steve really wanted to get pizza tonight and simply lay around and watch movies. Sounds like a nice idea, but I told him I was worried that pizza would completely ruin my diet. However, since I was feeling snacky last night, I worked it into my calorie budget. I told him that we can ONLY order 1 and I am ONLY allowed to have 2 slices. I think this little indulgence will help me stay on track and make me not feel deprived. At least that’s what I’m hoping for.

Also, I need to work out tonight. Most likely that will mean the bike. That’s fine, as long as I do it. I don’t think it will be a problem. I’m sure Steve won’t order the pizza before I get home, so I can hop on the bike while we’re waiting for it to arrive.

The goal this weekend is to stay completely OP. I still have healthy foods portioned out, but I think I will cook dinner each night. Also, I want to plan out more meals for the upcoming two weeks and make a grocery list. Hopefully, I’ll get a little bit of cooking done for this week. I only need a little, then I can cook a lot next weekend and we’ll be in good shape.

Grrr… I just had my 15-minute morning meeting, which actually took 45 minutes, and there’s a bunch of crap going on that we’re trying to change, and no one is doing anything to change it. The only thing that’s getting done is complaining. *sigh*

OK, I guess I should do some work. Enjoy your Friday, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 05-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #104  
"workin' on my fitness"

Happy Friday, chickies!

Yesterday the Roid was out, so things here were slammed. I never got a chance to come by and read or post. Looks like it was a slower day all around.

Planning yesterday fell by the wayside when the day sped into high gear. I had a turkey breast sammitch with swiss cheese and potato salad for lunch, since the NewGirl called in an order, and we worked thru lunch at my desk. Hubby called me at about 3pm, and since he was close by and taking care of turning in our old cable modem & poop like that from the townhouse, he suggested dinner out, so we didn't have to sit in 2 hours of traffic at rush hour. I got stuck at work until 4:20, so I had to call & suck up- luckily it took him longer to get the cable issue dealt with, so I beat him to the restaurant by just a few minutes. Whew! I did have bread at the restaurant, but it was whole grain, and today I'll be cutting back so that I'm not messing up my numbers too much.

Elisha- I notice that when I exercise vigorously, or I spend a whole day on my feet, I'll swell a little & retain water, and that accounts for the small blip up on the scale. I just note the #, know what I did the day before in my calendar, and try not to obsess. Well, that part is easier said than done.

Diana- wow, you've been busy! I never thought about the pain being ovulation. Maybe it's because there's less fat smushing there? The pictures I attached were of the bougainvillea we planted- they come in a bunch of different colors.

Lisa- hope the boys are having a great time in the tournament Miss you!

Brandy- good luck at the recital! Sending some extra positive vibes your way to keep you strong tonight. And I never thought about the pain being my appendix- I'll have to look at a chart & find where that's supposed to be.

Today:
Breakfast
2 packets cinnamon spice oatmeal
12oz diet coke
18oz water

Lunch
1 cup chili
3/4 cup brown rice
1oz shredded cheddar
more water

Dinner
TBD, since tonight will be laundry, sweeping & mopping, and then tomorrow will be outdoor work, and working in the garage. Will be a fun, fun weekend (NOT!)
Old 05-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #105  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default So...

I have a VERY quick minute here to get a shout out to all you wonderful chickies! I'm sorry I've been MIA this week. I've been reading, but just didn't have the motivation to write a post. It's been an EXHAUSTING week! The feds finally left on Friday morning after an excruciating exit interview!!! OUCH! The wors part is, we just had our annual STATE survey less than a month ago and felt pretty good about that. The federal inspection is much more intense and they are very thorough! They interviewed me for an hour on Thursday. Of course, my department got a citation, but I am not fully responsible for the outcome nor the citation! I hope my boss will see that. On top of all of that, it was Nursing Home week, so we had lots of BIG events going on that involved extra work on my part. OK...and not to mention that there was housework, extra kid activities and just plain life to deal with this week...

That being said, I did fairly well keeping on track up until yesterday. I did not exercise, nor did I even feel like exercising! I really need to focus more on that this week! Those mini challenges do motivate me! Water has been good this week

I'd love to comment to everyone...and I promise...I will! Might be later today or tomorrow, but know that I am reading and am proud of all of your accomplishments and am right here with you for your "not so great days"!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote