Old 05-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #76  

Hello all!

It is a cold and rainy day here......and they say it is going to continue to rain for the next few days (Julie, are you sure you want to go camping this weekend?)

Brandy.....What a busy day.....and it sounds like so much fun too! What is a spin class?

Elisha....Great news on Steve! That 'close call' should wake him up to living healthier.....and he has you to help him too!

DewCan......Just count the good days and let the bad one fall by the wayside. You are right on track with your exercise.....hope I can keep up with you1

Jennifer......you are getting more and more done every evening. Pretty soon, there will be no unpacking left! Think of all the spare time......hehehe. I had a bit of pot roast left tonight too......slivered it up with some BBQ sauce and simmered it and served open face on buns.....yum!

I did 30 minutes WATP last night and another 30 minutes tonight......bringing this weeks total to 90. I think that makes me about halfway there for this week! I did really well with the calories......only 1000 today! Of course, that leaves me a little hungry, so I will be foraging for something semi-nutritious for a snack.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #77  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Oh my goodness...

It has been a VERY busy couple of days here! I worked 12 hours today! I AM insane now if I wasn't before!!! LOL!!! At least I have the whole day off tomorrow (to myself) to clean and prep and plan meals and do whatever else I want!!! We had planned to go camping, but as MsRD mentioned (and anyone else living in states surrounding Michigan...it is raining and cold...and the front is just sitting...and spinning (not like your spinning, either Brandy!...LOL!) So....we have cancelled our camping weekend and will opt for more productive type work around the house!

OK...Food really sucked today but not as bad as it could have been! Here's the low down:
B-fast: Drive thru at McD's for 2 b-fast burritos, but ended up eating only one realizing the reality of how many points there would be!

Lunch: A very spontaneous lunch with a co-worker at a bagel shop for a bagel sandwich and a diet coke! Again...too many points (in the bagel) to even think about, but could have been worse!

Supper: Here's where it gets really bad! I stayed at work, so I ate what they were having there, which tonight was not the healthiest of meals...veggie soup (the canned kind) and a BOLOGNA sandwich with cheese & may!!! Aaaaahhhhhh! I don't even want to figure out those points!!!

Snack when I got home: 2 cups microwave popcorn while watching the end of Survivor...and some SF butterscotch pudding w/ LF cool whip!

<SIGH!>

There has been no exercise again today! Just no time! I'm not happy about that, but I did move a lot today...like ALL day hauling residents in w/c's back & forth to the ALC! I'm pretty sure I walked like 5 miles today...that is NOT an exaggeration, either!!! My feet are screaming at me!!! And my back hurts! Tomorrow exercise will be a priority in the morning. I want to do some stretching and have a really good yoga tape to help with that followed by some bike riding (inside due to the rain!) My plan is to get in at least one hour of exercise...or more!

Water...could have been better, but I'm still working at it! I drank a lot of small glasses of water today at work because I wasn't at my desk where Ikeep my water glass, so it's hard to calculate, but if I were to guess it would be somewhere around 40-50 oz plus a diet coke at lunch!

MsRD...Way to go on the exercise minutes! You are kicking butt girl!

Betani...Hmmm...night time snacks...how about SF/FF pudding or those graham cracker w/ coolwhip snacks (very low cal) or a small handful of peanuts or cashews...raisins, celery w/ peanut butter & rasins...that's a great snack...or put some cr. cheese in some celery! That's good too, especially with the veggie cr. cheese! How about some fruit? I like to keep some fresh fruit on hand, but canned fruit is just as low cal as long as you don't get the heavy syrup kind! Hope that helps!

Jennifer...It's been a whacked out week for me. Maybe we can catch up tomorrow! LOL! Yum...Taco roll ups! I remember those! Gotta love taco meat! We do around here!

Diana...Yea for you on the 3#. We need to both stay focused for a week...or more! I was just thinking about that today that it's hard for me to do anything for more than a week at a time! Today was proof...and it's only Thursday (my meetings are Tues)!!! Maybe next week, you and I can have a challenge to stay on track for the whole week...no veering! I need that!

Elisha...Tell Superman to slow down a bit. Both of you need to take some time for yourselves this weekend, it sounds like! Your day of lounging on Sunday sounds like just the trick!!!

Brandy...your exercise each day makes my head spin . I 'm hoping some day I can do all that, but for now, I'll take my measly 30 minutes a day! You are kicking some serious butt!!! And I'm not so sure about feeling like Mother of the Year. Maybe a few more pounds off would help with that But thanks for the compliment. My daughter makes being a Mom easy & fun!

Lisa...Don't you use your flex points...like every day??? I used every one of them last week!!! OMG...maybe I shouldn't and then see how I do....
Great job on the toning! Keep up the good work. I know it's hard with those boys of yours, but you keep doing it! Remember when you HATED to exercise???? LOL!!! Now look at you...

I'm sure I forgot someone, but don't be offended! I'll be back again! Geesh...this was long enough, don't you think???
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:07 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Wow ... You guys have sure been busy... Thought I'd check in and do some reading... now it's after 11pm and no time to post. But I wanted to let you all know that I'm going to join WW on Monday.

And, Julie ... "your the one that I want, doo doo doo when you need a friend, doo doo doo ....."

Hugs to all
Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #79  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

Not only am I feeling much better today, but it’s also FRIDAY!

So yesterday was a good day for me. Calories came in around 1625, water was 100+ oz, and exercise was 30 minutes on the bike yesterday evening. I even got a decent amount of sleep. I got all my laundry done (still have to put it away though), and planned out my meals for next week. I only have a few things to do around the house this weekend, and I get to go shopping with my mom and grandma tomorrow. Yay!

I didn’t get up to exercise this morning, but I will exercise tonight, and get back into morning exercise on Monday. I did have a decent breakfast though, and my packed lunch and snacks are good too. Dinner… I don’t know. We’ve got food we need to eat, and more food to make, so I’m sure I won’t go hungry. I do need to make a trip to the grocery store for produce though. Hmm… perhaps I will make another week’s meal plan based around what we’ve already got at home. I know there are a bunch of veggies in the freezer, among other things. Yes, I think I’ll do that tonight. Or maybe today while I’m at work, since I have a pretty good idea of what we’ve got.

Joy: It’s good to see you checking in! Congrats on joining WW… it seems to be a group trend. Let us know how it goes.

Julie: I have the same problem… I do well for a couple of days, but I can never seem to make it through an entire week. Perhaps a mini-challenge for the group could be to do well *every single day* for an entire week.

MsRD: You’re not alone—I’ve got in 111 minutes out of my goal of 225 for the week. That’ll take almost an hour today and tomorrow to make it. Can I count shopping as exercise?

Betani: How about some 100-calorie packs for an evening snack? They’re handy, they come in lots of varieties, and they’re already portion-controlled. Or fruit is always good, and pre-packaged.

Jennifer: Taco rollups? Is that posted on our recipe thread? I need to go check that out. I love anything to do with tacos. With all the work you’re doing, I think you’ll be finished unpacking before I am, and I’ve been living in my house for 3 months already!

Diana: Are you up for a mini challenge with me and Julie to make it through an entire week of good days? I seem to have that problem every week, I do well for half then do bad for the second half. I’m not making any progress that way! Congrats on the 3 pounds down!

Brandy: I, too, stand in awe of your exercise. It sounds like you have incorporated it into your life so that it doesn’t seem like such a chore for you. I think that is the goal for all of us.

Angela: I have scoliosis in my lower back, and I find that walking—or any regular exercise really, but especially walking—really helps the pain go away. Sure, the first few days are tough, but after that I feel better all the time. Treadmills are good, bikes are good, the Y is good… just so you’re moving. As much as we’d like to think otherwise, we can NOT lose the weight and keep it off without exercise.

Lisa: Good job on sticking with the toning routine! You really do need to drink more water (almost everyone does!), but it can be in the form of unsweetened tea, which has lots of good antioxidants and nutrients, diet caffeine-free soda, unsweetened juice, flavored waters… lots of things. Do try to find something you like. Sufficient water intake makes you feel so much better, and your entire body work more efficiently.

OK, I’ve got a meeting now, so I’ve got to stop typing. Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #80  
"workin' on my fitness"

Happy Friday, chicklettes! The weekend is just a few work-hours away!!!

Last night I had to stop & check the mail at the old house- good thing, since there was a check waiting. Woo hoo- money! Also checked to see if there was anything else that needed to be dragged back to the new house with me...sure enough, the removable piece to the washing machine that holds the fabric softener was left in the laundry area. good thing I looked! Dragged that, and an extension cord, and more windex to the house. Since I got a late start out from work last night, and then lost time there at the house, I didn't get home until 6:12.

Kicked off my shoes, folded the laundry that was done drying, and did the 2 loads I had planned on. While looking for dinner stuff, I semi-cleaned out the fridge- chucked things that were questionable- and after seeing ring-dings with fuzzy wisps of mold, you can be sure I am not even tempted to eat that kind of stuff! Great negative reinforcement, for sure

Hubby was stuck inspecting until late last night, and he was stuck in traffic thanks to 2 accidents, and a road closure due to construction. Not the best evening for him. I didn't have soup for dinner- I had 3 small slices of pizza at 9pm when hubby came home. I was starving, but because I was busy and sucking down the water while I worked, I didn't feel guilty about eating the small pieces. Scale check this morning agrees- is down .4 -and food today is planned out until dinner time.

Plan for the day:

Breakfast:
2 packets apple & cinnamon oatmeal
18oz water
12oz diet coke
vitamin!

Lunch
1 dannon light & fit yogurt- white choc raspberry
baby carrots & fat free ranch for dipping
pineapple chunks
6 reduced fat townhouse crackers
more water

Dinner
hubby bought steak & very fresh white corn, still in the husk. I might stop to get a chicken breast on the way home, since I'm really not that big of a red meat eater- it has to be sooo well done for me to touch it.

Tonight can be a late night, and my bubble bath. Oh, I am looking forward to that! I'm going to work on getting crap put away, and maybe get the little guest room set up- I'll need hubby's help getting that bed together- the mattress is too heavy to even move myself.

Saturday will be stripping the bed, doing sheets & towels, and then hubby wants to do some yardwork- planting bulbs and seeds that we haven't gotten around to yet. And then more dealing with boxes, and a possible pantry shopping run for staples & stuff. I also need to scrub out our big standalone freezer in the garage, and see if I can recussitate it, and then we can shop the warehouse clubs for meat & freeze it. I need to make a list!

MsRD- I never thought to add BBQ sauce to the pot roast! Thank you for the yummy idea! If hubby hasn't eaten what little is left, I might have to do that for a sandwich for him.

Julie- instead of camping, you can always come help me...well, you would have needed to leave this morning, so I guess that's out of the question. If you leave now and HURRY, you might make it.

Joy- another WW girl- I don't remember if I mentioned- my mom joined WW through work, and she's gotten her 10% award, and is really doing well on the flex points system. And now with you & Lisa & Julie all doing it...might help to have some ideas. Good luck with that first weigh in on Monday.

Elisha- the taco rollup- I don't think I posted it, but here's the jist- I brown 93% lean ground beef, and then drain any possible fat from the pan. Rinse in a colander with hot water to get anything else out of it. Return to the pan, and follow package directions for your favorite taco seasoning. let simmer until it thickens. I measure out 1/3 cup servings and 1/2 cup servings, depending on what I want to do with it. I use either low fat/low carb tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, or whole wheat pitas for these concoctions. 1/3 cup of meat, 1 oz cheese, and add any taco fixings (fat free sour cream, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, etc, etc) to the tortilla, and roll up like a wrap- total yum. Also, can mix all together & stuff into a pita. I have also nuked a pita until it puffed slightly and became hard, (first time was by accident!) and spread the meat on that & shredded cheese- makes an open face taco quesadilla, which can be topped with all the taco fixings. No need for the greasy pre-made shells. Also, after the first hardening accident, found you can mold the tortilla into a bowl shape- put the tortilla into a bowl before you nuke, and put a glass on top to keep the bottom of the "bowl" in place. Fill with salad mix, and taco fixings for a much lower calorie Mock Taco Salad.

Ok chickies, lunch time....if I don't get back here, have a great weekend!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #81  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

hi all
I stayed on track for a whole day with food AND exercise I'm aiming for the whole week. Hard to type as holding a sleeping so I'll be quick

Betani, I totally understand the rain thing, ughhh, how yucky. I wish it would stop. It makes me soooo cold.

MsRD, raining there too? Oh Dear. You're doign the WATP. I'll ahve to dig mine out and do that today. My son should get a kick out of it. Wonder if he'll join me? We'll have to see.

Julie, good for you that you only ate one burrito. That's some control you ahve going on there. Today is a new day. you' can do it!! I'm trying ot stay on track for this whole week. All you need to do is stay on track for the rest of this week and you will see results at Tuesdays meeting, I promise!! Especially with all the walking at work I used all my flexpoints last week and I'm trying not to use them this week.

Joy, I joined WW just over a week ago and am happy I did. The program is fairly simple. So far I like it. Although I was off track for a day and a half.

Elisha, I'm totally up for that challenge. I have such a problem staying on track. Your shopping trip sounds fun, I'm jealous

Jennifer, you aer way too busy I could never keep up with you. Isn't it fun to live in a new house. We're enjoying planning the yard. Sod comes in 2 weeks. I need to finish unpacking, as it's 5.5 months Thanks for the recipe, sounds super. I'll have to try it. I haven;t found any low cal tortillls or pitas yet, I'll look in some other stores.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #82  
motomom

Default Tgif

It was such a nice (rainy) day here. I had taken the day off because we were supposed to go camping, but we didn't go. I stayed home anyway... and had the whole day to myself! My sister came over this morning and the two of us had coffee and watched "The View" and chatted without children or husbands interrupting us! It was sooooo nice! When she left, I rode the e-bike for25 minutes and did 20 minutes of toning, so need to add that to my total! I plan to do another 25 minutes of biking tomorrow as well as some toning! I always feel so much better when I exercise...at the end of the day!

Then DH & DD went to GR to do some shopping! I got some more of my SF syrup for my Lattes in the morning! We went to Cost Plus to get it. I love to just look around in that store! Such cool stuff! We went out for Chinese for dinner. I ordered chicken & veggies with sauce on the side! That seems to work for me at a Chinese rest. Anyone else ever do this? I actually never thought of doing that, but earlier this week I went Chinese for lunch and that's how they brought me the food! I thought "Aha!"

So...food today was ok. I haven't added up my points, but I did eat a cookie tonight (with the Chinese tab!) and I need to chug some more water, but all in all...it was a good day!

Diana...So glad you will be joining the challenge with me and Elisha! Yea!!!! I will start tomorrow! I need to NOT use my bonus points, which means I really need to PLAN my food for tomorrow. I have a "Mother's Day" thing at work and we are serving cake (my two favorites at my request...what was I thinking????) . I am going to bring some fruit with me, I think and not eat the cake! We shall see what happens! I admire you for typing while holding sleeping baby! I could never do that when mine was little!

Jennifer...Sure hope you are enjoying that bubble bath!!! You deserve a really long soak after the year and a half you have had! Give yourself a big hug!!!

Elisha...Glad you are feeling better and that you will have some time to pamper yourself with your Mom & Grandma! That will sure feel good, won't it? Keep hangin in there!

Joy...So glad you are here with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh...I am sooo excited that you are doing WW too! There's 4 of us now! Lisa, me, Diana and you!!! Anyone else??? Yea...did I mention I'm happy you are back with us???

Alright chickies...I'm going to go add up my points for the day! Wish me luck! And I'm going to plan my food for tomorrow! Have to plan wisely~!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:34 PM   #83  

Happy Friday!

got on the scale this morning.....down 2 pounds. Before anyone gets excited, this is only 2 of the 3 pounds that I gained last week.....and I think that was due to too much salt and resulting water retention. at least, I am going in the right direction, no matter the reason!

Julie......With rain predicted for the next umpteen days and temps down in the 40s tonight, it sounds like a perfect weekend NOT to go camping! I am beginning to think we should be building an ark!

Joy.....WB girlfriend! I knew you were out there all the time! Another one joining WW? Good for you!

Elisha......Okay, i am up for 'every single day'.....I almost made it this week. Shall we start Monday?

Jennifer......Mmmmm. Those taco rollups sound really good......and if I double up on the tomatoes and lettuce, they will be even better for me!

DewCan.......You get a gold star for being on track all day, both food and exercise! If you can do it for one day, I bet you can do it for two!

Tallied up the calories today.......food choices could have been better, so calories came in just over 1400. No exercise as yet, as DH has commandeered the TV and attached DVD player.....may have to resort to doing some old fashioned gym class calesthentics (but I refuse to wear the uniform!)
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:51 AM   #84  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi ladies-We had a short break in the rain this morning, so I took advantage of it and got in a 4 mile walk! We went to a comedy club last night. Had lots of fun and got to laugh a bunch. Today I'm teaching in the morning, and have to do some grocery shopping for tomorrows family brunch.

I got an email yesterday that confirmed my certification in TurboKick. So, I've officially passed!!!! I feel good about that achievement.

MsRD-hope your scale keeps going down.

Julie-I love the SF syrups for coffee. Just a guilt free indulgence that's so welcome some mornings. Your morning sounds nice. Great job on the exercise and staying good at the chinese resteraunt!

DewCan-Hooray for staying on track!

Jennifer-Wowsers your busy! Must have been a nice suprise to find that check. Ughh! I hate cleaning out the fridge, but your right after seeing some nasty things, the last thing you'd want to do is go eat.

Elisha-count me in for the every single day thing. Start on Monday? I really need to regain some discipline.

Have a great Saturday.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #85  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks! And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Mother Hens!

I only have time for a quick post, but I wanted to let you all know I'm here!

Friday and Saturday were both REALLY bad in the diet department. WAY too much food, no exercise, and very little water.

But I'm forcing myself back on track today, and gearing up for this week's mini-challenge. Today I'm planning menus and going to the grocery store for healthy items.

Our Every Single Day challenge will run Monday, May 15-Sunday, May 21. Everyone please post what you would like to stick to for the week!

My goals for the week:
Less than 1600 calories EVERY SINGLE DAY
90-100 oz. of water EVERY SINGLE DAY
Cardio for at least 30 minutes SIX DAYS
Weight training at least THREE DAYS
Pack next day's lunch the night before EVERY SINGLE WEEKDAY
Plan all meals, including dinner, the night before EVERY SINGLE DAY

I need to get into the habit of doing all of these things. I know that all of them improve the quality of my life and make losing weight so much easier. I just have to DO them.

So let's get to it!

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!
~Elisha
Old 05-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #86  
motomom

Default Happy Mother's Day

Well, it's nice to say that it's been a "lazy" day around here! Still kind of rainy here, so can't really go out and enjoy the weather, so we have been watching movies, tv, etc.

I am curently making a pot of chili for the week with lots of veggies in it. I did work out for 45 minutes today... 25 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes of toning! I would have done more, but DH told me someone was coming over and asked me to "pick up"!!!! The nerve of him...after all...it IS Mother's Day! So, I did...and the people never came in. They dropped off some flowers and I didn't answer the door (vacuum was running) when they knocked! Oh well...got the house vacuumed and picked up. Guess that's a good thing!

Other than that, DH & DD made and served me b-fast in bed! It was rather nice! They also got me a TV/DVD/Radio for the kitchen. It goes under the counter and DH already has it mounted and hooked up to sattlelite. I guess he thinks it will benefit him, too or he probably wouldn't have 1.) bought it and 2.) hooked it up so fast!!! Still, I'm glad he did!

DH is making me ribs for dinner tonight. They are my favorite and he makes them better than any restraunt I've ever had them at! I'm going to fix some fresh green beans (blanched, then stir-fried in sesame oil with a bit of garlic & onion, like in the Chinese restraunts). I hope they turn out ok! That's how I saw Rachel Ray do it on tv one time. And I will make some brown rice, too. I'll make enough so I can freeze some with the chili in individual containers for some lunches this week!

I'm still working on menus for dinner next week. We've got a pretty busy week coming up. DD has soccer practice one night, a game on FRiday night & a game on Saturday Morning. I have to bring a snack for the game on Saturday (last game). And I'm trying to put together a little photo album for each coach before the last game! Ahhhh! AND...it's Nursing Home Week at work and we have LOTS going on all week! So I really need to plan well this week!

My problem is breakfasts. I need something to grab & go in the mornings. Maybe I will make up a batch of low fat Bran Muffins with raisins. I'm sure there's a recipe out there made with applesauce. I've got everything else I need for it. Yes...I will do that. And then I can grab some cottage cheese or string cheese for protein with it. Gotta have my protein in the morning or I'm toast the rest of the day! I get shaky and really irritable! If anyone has any other great breakfast ideas, please post them!!

OK...I got interrupted and now I have to go fix my green beans and rice! Hope you all are having a great day!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:45 AM   #87  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning, It is still rainy out here. Our ballgame was cancelled yesterday, and I've done a few walks where I returned pretty wet. I am really wondering if I should pull my kayak out and get ready for a flood!

For the week of no binging I am going to:
-eat only proper sized, healthy food for meals
-control snacking to 2x's a day, and ONLY snack on fruit
-continue with healthy water/exercise daily
-Make it through my piano recital reception without eating sweets!

The reception will be hard, but I know I am capable of behaving.

Sorry for the short post, but I need to get moving on a workout.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #88  
Bound and Determined

Morning, all you beautiful chickies!

Well, Friday and Saturday were absolutely terrible as far as my diet is concerned. Friday after work I finally got together with the bridesmaid I’ve had trouble contacting. We went out for Mexican. I didn’t do too bad on the actual dinner, but I had about a zillion tortilla chips (we were waiting on other people to show up before we ordered, so I sat there and munched the entire time) and a couple margaritas. But we had a great time, and it was so good to see her.
And Saturday I went shopping with Mom and Grandma. I took them out for a Mothers’ Day lunch, and they wanted to go to the Chinese buffet. I do not do well with buffets, especially Chinese. But we walked all day, we got a ton of stuff for the wedding, and I got some cute clothes too. And Grandma bought me some earrings and some new flip flops for my birthday.

And then Sunday was really good, even with water, so it all evens out. I did a lot of cooking, a tiny bit of cleaning, and then I laid on the couch with Steve and watched a movie.

No exercise all weekend though. I took some time to relax, and I had a lot of fun. I do feel somewhat refreshed, but I wish that I could get more sleep. But that is normal.

I spent almost all day yesterday planning menus and doing my cooking for the week. That's one thing that makes it very easy for me to eat healthy—trying new foods. I love to cook, and I love to try new recipes. And when I make a plan to eat healthy foods and then stick to my plan, there's such a sense of accomplishment and simply knowing that I did something good for myself.

And the amazing part for me is that I wasn't even tempted to try a little of everything right when I finished it. I just packed it up and stuck it in the fridge (or freezer) for later.

I didn't get up early to exercise this morning though. I'm always up late on Sunday nights, so I think I'll sleep in on Monday mornings. But since I don't have to take the time to make dinner tonight, I can exercise when I get home and still make my "No Food After 8pm" cutoff. And hopefully I can make it to bed early tonight and get some sleep.

So I had my menu all planned out for the day, right, with my lunch packed and ready to go. I knew what I wanted for breakfast and what I’m having for dinner too. My breakfast plan included a strawberry-banana smoothie with vanilla soy milk. Well, I put everything in the blender this morning, and, after I finally managed to get the thing working, it blended for about 4 seconds and then started smoking . *sigh* So I had to change my plan a little bit. No big deal though, as I went back to my DietPower software and made some adjustments, and calories still come in at 1583. Yay!

My menu looks like this:
Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/creamer, 1 multi-grain English muffin, 2 T. LF cream cheese, 2 tomato slices
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Diet Dr. Pepper, Tomato-Lentil Soup (tastes like chili!), corn muffin, apple
Snack: LF yogurt
Dinner: Chicken w/lime sauce, cumin roasted potatoes, snap peas (I made this for dinner last night, and it turned out just perfect! I was so excited, and it was so yummy—and easy!)

OK, as for now, I've got to get working. Bleh. I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
~Elisha
Old 05-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #89  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default Monday, Monday....

Wow, that weekend went quickly! Looks like everyone here also had a busy weekend planned. Hope all our mommies had a great Mother's Day!

First off, I missed out on my bubble bath! Well, it was my own fault- Friday night I laid down for a 5 minute break, and next thing I know, it was 8:45 and I was unconscious. I woke up about 12:45, spent 20 minutes awake, had a snack instead of a full dinner, and then went back to bed. I did at least get some stuff done, so it wasn't a total blowout.

Saturday, was up at 8am, out of the house at 8:30. We hit 3 different Home depots, a Will Dixie, a Walgreens, a furniture store going out of business, and then 3 small local nurseries. We got a lot of lawn and yard equipment, fertilizer, a small grapefruit tree (in bloom- and they smell amazing!!!!!) and then 3 6' and 3 4' bougainvillea. That Durango sure holds a lot! Oh, also peat moss, potting soil, some small pots to start seedlings. By the time we finished at our last stop, we were starving- it was 5:30, so we picked up dinner from Longhorn to take home. I behaved- I didn't eat the whole loaf of whole grain bread. I have 1 of the chicken breasts from dinner which I left for lunch today. Chicken & citrus rice, with cinnamon apples. Yum-o!

By the time we finished eating, cleaned up, and then started prepping the seed trays for planting, it was 9pm. Left the planting for Sunday. We finished up with inside work and got me slathered in sunscreen by 10am. We finished outside around 4pm. 2 applications of sunscreen were required for my pale self- hubby is italian, so he was fine. I've got a little sunburn on my back, around where the sports bra was, and the waistband of my shorts where they were loose & let the sun get me. I'll have pics to post soon of the plants in their final resting place. Lots of yardwork & sweat. Before we showered, I stepped on the scale. LOL- to believe it, I lost 10 pounds this weekend. I know it's all water weight, and being dehydrated. After eating dinner, re-hydrating, and a night's sleep where all my sore areas puffed & inflamed, I gained those 10 pounds right back

Roid is back to work today- it has taken me 4 hours, and 6 attempts to get here and finish a post. I almost would take the 3x the workload that happens when she is out, because at least it gets done, and I don't have to hear her crapola. Sigh! I need to win lotto, pay off the new house, and share with my chickies!

Ok....for Every Single Day this week:
Every Single Day, I will plan in advance, all 3 meals
Every Single Day, I will have 72oz of water (4 of my new glass) at work
Every Single Day, I will find opportunities to get up & add more movement to my workday
Every Single Day, I will be in bed before 10:30pm

Diana- this being busy...it's going to have to end soon- I don't have enough hours left in my life to get everything done. Our house was ready in December, we closed, and then with dealing with a townhouse we're going to sell that was hit by Hurricane Wilma in Oct 2005- it has been a whirlwind, and I sure need a break in the action. I'm thinking about even a weekend where I don't have to do anything, or help anyone, and can lock myself in the master bathroom with the big garden tub, and just rejuvinate. A girl can dream, right?

Julie- way to go with the bike & toning, chica....kick butt! Your chili made my mouth water- you are just trying to get me to cook, aren't you? Breakfasts that work for me: pre-measured baggies of cereal & dried fruit, easily transportable, or take to work & add milk there. I make instant oatmeal in the disposable plastic cups here at work. Um...what else...cottage doubles- store bought, or made at home with low fat or fat free cottage cheese & whatever fruit is hanging around the house. also, breakfast burrito using the same stuff as the taco rollup- low fat or low carb tortilla, scrambled egg, chopped up peppers & onion, some shredded cheese. Nuke, roll, & go. Also, yogurt, with some kashi sprinkled on it to give it texture.

MsRD- 2 pounds is 2 pounds, and as long as they are in the right direction, they are cause for excitement. Well, that, and I'm trapped in the office just 3 feet from someone who makes me consider laying down in heavy traffic as an escape. Mentioning gym outfits...gawd, we had these horrid red & white form-fitting ones that just weren't cut right for the female form. The white trim on the red shorts acted like a tourniquet, cutting off all circulation to the lower leg. It wasn't until my senior year that we could choose a gym class & I got into an all female class. Nothing more uncomfortable than those stupid outfits- bleah!

Brandy- Yay on the certification! So, when do we get to reap the benefits of our own kick butt awesome personal trainer?!?! Amazing, chickie- I am in awe of what you do on a daily basis, and need to aspire to that much activity, not just this informal whirlwind of cleaning/unpacking/organizing that is keeping me active at the moment.

Elisha- loving the Every Single Day idea...and all the walking you did this weekend HAS to count as exercise- you were active, and that's something, right? Do tell about the lime sauce for the chicken- I love lime, and margarita chicken from coughChili'scough, so that really interests me!

Today at a glance:
Breakfast-
2 packets cinnamon spice oatmeal
1 dannon light & fit yogurt
vitamin
12oz diet coke
18 oz water

Lunch
1 4oz chicken breast w/ a hint of bbq sauce
1 cup pineapple cunks, drained
18oz water x2

Dinner
2 cups baked ziti w/ a hint of parmesan
small yeast roll

I have no cucumbers in the house to make "salad" for dinner tonight- if all goes well, I can stop on the way home, after stopping by the old house for a mail pickup. After dinner, I'll plan & prep tomorrow's day, and be ready to post my day tomorrow morning.

I think that's it....it is already 2:27, and I need to get this entered. Have a wonderful day, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:46 PM   #90  
motomom

Default Is it Friday yet????

Can I just say that I thoroughly enjoyed 2 days of rest this past week because today was fun but exhausting!!! It is Nursing Home Week (and for those that don't know, I am an Activity Director in a nursing home)...and today was Julie's Jumpin Java! I literally made coffee drinks from 10am until 4:30 this afternoon. Then as I was cleaning up, my boss came over to tell me that the FEDERAL Surveyors are now in the building and will be there until FRIDAY!!!! (We just had our annual STATE survey 2 weeks ago!!!!!) OMG, talk about a "kill-joy" to a fun week!

My feet hurt, my back hurts and I am just exhausted! Of course, I came home and DD was vegging in front of the tv, so I made her get up and go outside. Naturally, she wanted ME to go with her to play some soccer. My poor feet! But I went out anyway...

OK...now to the day! I ate poorly. I didn't really eat anything of nutritional value until I got home tonight. Here's the lowdown:

AM...muffin from the bakery at the grocery store while I picked up coffee, then one Latte with whole milk but SF flavoring (16 oz)

No Lunch

Afternoon...Latte w/ chocolate syrup (one oz.) and whole milk
Snack at home because I was starving when I got home: about 10 wheatables crackers w/ about 4 T LF veggie cream cheese. (Could have been a lot worse!!!)

Supper 1 & 1/2 cups Chili, 6 saltine crackers, 1 slice LF cheese

16 oz. water (still working on more, but will probably not get much in today)

Not many veggies or fruits, so for my Every Single Day Challenge:

I will eat 5 fruits/and or veggie servings daily.
I will drink 60-80 oz. water daily.
I will plan my lunches & pack them the night before.
I will plan my meals & have them "ready to go" in the morning before Ileave for work.
I will NOT use my bonus points for the rest of the week (which means I have to stay at 24 points daily!)
I will exercise (cardio) for my given number of minutes for this week (week 3) per my post (I would have to look it up righ tnow).

I need to go. I will try to come back in the morning for comments! Hugs toa ll of you!!!