Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hey Lisa,

I must have missed the post about you going on vacation.... ongoing saga about technical difficulties. ... Good for you, sounds like you had a great time. You know we feel so much better about ourselves when we are able to control our eating in "tough" situations. Its good that it's coming natural to you and that you're "addicted" to toning. I'm not sure I'll need that tazer... sounds all good to me.... But just in case, I'll have to find it... it's around here somewhere....Hmmmm ........

Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #47  

Happy Friday!

Wow.....just missed a day(or was is 2?) but lots of posts to catch up on! I have to say you are all doing so well.....great job!

Christine......You have such great goals! I would have trouble with the 'no eating 3 hours before bedtime'.....as I would just stay up later and later

Mom2Alex......Have a wonderful time in Atlantic City! That sounds like such fun!

Andrea......Even healthy snacks can be my downfall, as I never know when to quit! We all have less than stellar days but the trick is to get right back at it (maybe I should take some of my own advice!)

Turtle.......WOOHOO! You go turtle! That step up onto the dreadmill is sometimes that hardest to make.....but you are on your way!

Julie.....Let's hear it for the baggy swimsuit! This has got to be a new fashion statement! Pretty soon, we all are going to want one!

Joy.....Is that you, chickie? so glad you are back!

Mud.......Sounds like you had fun exercising.....and got a clean house as a bonus! Way to go!

Lisa.....Welcome back. I am glad you have a good vacation.....

My eating is out of control.....exercise is down.....but I can still drink water with the best of them. Got to get back on plan! I keep gaining/losing the same 2 pounds over and over again......I may skip the weigh-in tomorrow, as I am become too much of a slave to the scale (and would probably not enjoy the results anyway)

Last edited by MsRD; 04-08-2005 at 10:08 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:51 PM   #48  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Today I am all alone, so was a little naughty and cheated on my diet *tee hee*. My hubby went to LA to fix his step fathers computer, I wish I could have gone but I had made other plans before he decided to go. Its okay though I get more work done when he's not home. No one to get in my way while I'm cleaning; except one needy and pesky kitty.

I still exercised, and will probably get a short walk in before going to bed. I was also good on drinking water, but I really don't like to drink anything but water.

Yay to everyone for doing so well and keeping up with the encouagement to , well everyone.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:09 AM   #49  

Hey MsRD - It's so great to be back : So when you gonna get rid of that "2 pounds" Do I need to get out my tazer I've quit going to WW so I'm becoming a "scale slave" too.... gotta stop that. I'll be doing WATP on Monday morning ' 4am here - will you be working out with me at 8am at your place (I think I figured it out right?)

Mudlucious - Sounds like you had a great day to yourself... I've been known to take a sick day or two for the same reason ... just to keep me sane Remember to get back on track.... no more cheating... (unless, of course, it's planned treats.... then it's okay - or at least on my diet)

So this is how my food went today (so far- have some room left for popcorn & ... It is Friday night after all) TGIF

Points allowed: 26

grapefruit (2/24)

banana/apple/peanut butter (5/19)

biscotti (6/13)

carrot soup w/croutons (3/10)
mixed beans & carrots --
veggie lazagna (4/6)
red wine (2/4)

That's all folks

Last edited by JoyG56; 04-09-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:55 AM   #50  

Yesterday was pretty good. I wasn't perfect but my water intake rocked.. i'm so proud. My eating wasn't as good as it should have been and exercise didn't happen.
Today... pretty much the sme except I got to the play group with my little girl so I did get SOME activity going but not what I should. I am going to the gym tomorrow.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:07 AM   #51  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

Well, yesterday was pretty good. Even water was decent, 60 minutes on the bike, food was not terrible (although it could have been better, of course). There was too much coffee yesterday morning though.

Today is not starting out well in the food dept. Breakfast was fried eggs and *buttered* toast. It's been a while since I've buttered my toast. As long as it's only once in a while I guess it's ok, as a treat.

I don't really deserve a treat though.

There probably won't be any exercise today, but I'll try to do better on food.

Anyway, I've got to go get ready for work. Have a great weekend!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:19 AM   #52  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Saturday Morning

OK chickies...I promised myself (and DD) that I would work out this morning, so I have to make this short (yea, right!!!! ), so I can keep that promise! Plan to do the 2 mile WATP this morning...and then maybe some toning...we'll see how much time I have left...and then after the Disney on Ice thing this afternoon, if we don't get home too late and...you know how it goes...I'm going to try to do a hike at the park. I love hiking there! It just feels good!

Yesterday I did ok with food, but I cold have soooo much better. I brought my lunch with some veggies but ended up eating what they had at work (fish) with some mixed (mushy) veggies. Got into the Bingo chocolate during "movie and popcorn" for the residents (whines: "well, it was right in front of me...") Had a salad and 1/2 a grilled chicken roll up (hold the mayo) and a few fries for dinner...AND I did have that Margarita! OMG...it was 32 oz. and it tasted sooo good!!! I drank every last drop! It was a fun night, though...much needed "girls night out"!~

Elisha...how do you manage 60 minutes on the bike??? I get so stinkin bored! Good for you chickie!!!

Christine...hope you get up and go the gym! I love the names of your daughters...so pretty! You've got to be busy with two at those ages!!!

Joy...Hope you enjoyed your popcorn!!! What movie did you watch? Friday night is generally movie & pizza night around here, although not last night! Have a super weekend and take care of yourself! How many miles are you gonna hike this weekend?

Mud...where are you in California? I love the northern part of CA. Hubby and I have been to SF a couple of times and I have been to LA/Long Beach area when I was younger...such a busy state! Good job on the water. Me too...water...and Margaritas...oh and Diet Coke sometimes are my favorite beverages...especially when I'm thirsty, nothing quenches it like water!! Good job on the exercise!!!

MsRD..Get back on track chickie! No more de-railments!!! Ya hear??? Joy's gonna get that tazer out and use it good on you...and beleive me...you don't want that!! I know how it feels to be where you are, though, remember? We all have times when it feels hopeless, but that's why we are here...so get back up...do a few steps...make yourself a salad...and remember why you are doing this!!! (((((((((MsRD)))))))))))))

Lisa...SO GALD YOU ARE BACK!!!! Missed you chickie!!!! Don't want to gain back all those pounds you worked so hard (or did you?? ) to lose!!! Glad you had a good time! You deserved a nice break! We'll catch up sometime this weekend, ok?

Rebelridergirl...You sound like you are doing really well. It's all about healthy choices, really...isn't it? Keep up the good work! Your username intrigues me....are you a motorcycle enthusiast?

Mary, Lucia, Jennifer...where the heck are you? Anyone else I missed...get in here and post! We miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:47 PM   #53  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Hikein2205~

I'm in Southern California.... way southern, almost in mexico. It gets very hot down here, average of 127 degrees in the summer, so exercising outside is null and void except in the winter. My Hubby is from SF, so naturally he is always complaining that it is too hot here. And I'm originally from Utah so I'm used to four real seasons instead of two.

Today I plan to get in a little walk and some belly dancing. I'm going to a fiesta this afternoon. I'll do my best to resist all the yummy party food.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #54  

Hi Chicks, I'm a newbie here, hope that's okay. I need a good challenge and to be accountable to somebody besides myself! I'm starting the month a little late but, better late than never! My goals: A minimum of 30 minutes on the dreadmill every day. Water consumption of no less than 70 oz daily. Limiting fats to 20-30 grams daily. That's it. It has worked before, it will work again.

I read through the thread, you seem like a great group! One of you is in Michigan, I think it was Hikein2005? Sorry, I forgot....Hiking lake Michigan....I'm on Lake Superior! Isn't it wonderful! Just a little bit about me...I'm a stay at home mom, 2 boys 6 and 10 and a 7 month old daughter. I home school so my days are full to say the least. But, I'm worth an hour a day for my health and my sanity!

I hope to chat with you all soon!
FunMom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #55  

Good evening!

I got on the scale this morning.....yes, I know I was going to skip it, but I had to keep track....and I was DOWN 2 POUNDS! Don't ask me how that happened! s:

Mud......Good luck on avoid the fiesta food.....it sounds wonderful!

Joy.....Monday, I will do the 1-mile WATP at about 6am here (that's 2am for you?).....or maybe we could do the 2-mile tonight? I know you will be doing those impossible knee lifts right beside me!

Christine.....Play group activity counts as exercise! Just keep moving!

Elisha.....Mmmmmm.....fried eggs and buttered toast sounds soooo good. My delicate system doesn't usually allow for a big breakfast, so I have to catch up on those kind of goodies for dinner.

Hikein.....Ok Ok.....back on track.....please don't tazer me again! For dinner tonight, I had a chicken caesar salad.......a mountain of romaine, with sliced fresh mushrooms, some grated carrot, steamed green beans, and grilled chicken breast. I was in a hurry, so forgot the croutons and mozzarella.....but never missed it!

FunMOm......Welcome! It is never too late to join our challenge......just start where you are! I am from Michigan too.......downstate, between GR and Kalamazoo.

It was a busy day today......cleaned the house this AM, did laundry, picked up (all the things that somehow didn't get done this past week!)......then helped DH work on the antique car til 2:30pm......and when he decided to take a nap, I went out and started weeding the flower beds. I am ready to sit down and put up my feet! OK JOY.....I mean, after we do the 2-mile WATP! Let's Go!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:44 PM   #56  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi there girlies!! Hope you all had a terrific Saturday! My day today was MUCH better than my day yesterday. I went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries, and started feeling kinda yucky with a headache. I got home, and remembered that I had not eaten lunch..it was around 2 pm..and I thought my headache was from that. So..I ate..and the headache got worse and worse. I ended up with a doozy of a migraine headache..oh my goodness..I was so very sick..throwing up- the whole awful bit. Today, I am still "hung over" from the episode. This morning I was down 4 pounds!! LOL..if only they would stay off!! I know I was just dehydrated. I only got in 15 points yesterday before I got sick, and I have only gotten in 15 today, cause I've been so queasy. I don't like being ravenous, but I don't like being sick either!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun Mom - Welcome! I am a stay at home Mom too..I have 3 boys ages 7, 5, and 2. I don't home school, but I am a certified teacher! So glad to see you here!!

Mud L - Gracious...127 degrees!! I just THOUGHT I had been frying here in Georgia in the summers. How was the fiesta?? That sounds fun!!

Julie - How was the Disney on Ice? Sounds like fun!! We DO need to catch up!! Hope you had a great day!

Elisha - I love fried eggs and I love buttered toast. As a matter of fact, I love breakfast foods! The other night, I had bacon, eggs, and toast for dinner (yep..I buttered my toast!! ...Although, like you..I usually don't).

Christine - Good job on the water!! I am doing really well with it too. I have had to give up both caffeine and carbonated drinks altogether due to some health issues I have been having..and it has forced me to get my act together with my water intake! Actually, it has been a good thing..I feel much better.

Joy - So, will you be my WW buddy?? Pleeeaaase????? I just like having someone else to talk "points" with!! LOL!! And, I see you have a new "look" here...so glad your technical difficulties are better.

MsRD - I have a feeling you are going to get out of this rough patch, and start rockin the scale downward again!! This pretty Spring weather does it for me...I just get more motivated somehow!!

Alright, I know I missed quite a few, but I'm just getting the hang of everyone's names! Actually, Tracy..where are you?? I want to hear how you are feeling...are things progressing better for you? And, Jennifer,,,where are you?? Hope you are terrific and the house building process is going smoother for you!!

Have a great evening everybody!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:36 AM   #57  

Unhappy Ups and downs

Hey everybody

Gotta make it short tonight....

Welcome, FunMom.

Lisa - I'd love to be your WW buddy - God knows I need someone to keep me in line, and hopefully I can offer some support to you too Hope you're feeling better Please remember to rehydrate that bod of yours.... lottsa water.

MsRD - WHOO HOO on the 2 pounds. Doesn't matter how they disappeared.... they're gone... now keep them away (makes sign of the cross with two index fingers ... ya know like fending off werewolves) .....I'm afraid I missed the WATP tonight (DH has control of the TV at night) besides I was too busy filling my face

Mud... I don't blame your DH... I'd be complaing (or sitting in an air conditioned bar ... or maybe a pool ... drinking margaritas.... at a fiesta...) Okay enough daydreaming.

Okay Hikein... Gotta confess... it started with popcorn, included a WW peanut bar and ended up with peanuts... I'm afraid way over my alotted points left. I CANNOT start eating after DH goes to bed. Like I said earlier DH has control of the TV so I didn't get to watch anything until about 10:30 (he was sleeping on the couch) and I managed to watch a half hour of the new Law and order... Trial and ???? It was quite good.... Had "Lilleth" from Cheers in it... then I watched "Neat" and got depressed Didn't get any hiking in... will do walk/run tomorrow morning with DH & DGS (tempers permitting)...

Had a great day with DD & 2 DGS digging up trees, planting trees and making signs etc... until the NSF debit incident at the restaurant... UGH .... now DH is mad at me, doesn't want to talk about it and answers me in mono sylables .... and I did nothing wrong ....and the air is as thick as a knife... and we have #1 DGS staying over night... DGS is 11 - all he wanted to do was watch "Troy" so he was at least okay... hopefully he didn't notice too much

Anyways here's the details on food & exercise today.

Exercise today - sanding and painting ensuite, makin signs

Food today: (26)

kashi/yoghurt/jam (6/20)

chilli w/meat (4)
1 1/2 calebrese buns (3)

Too much chinese & cookies & ice cream (all you can eat)

Thanks for listening....

Okay... It's really difficult to keep it short....
Old 04-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #58  
motomom

Default Sunday Really Early!

Don't know why I'm up so early. Usually Sunday is my day to sleep in, but this morning DH deceided to sleep in (he's usually up around 4 or 5 on weekends) and DD is away at her cousins for a sleep over! So I'm all screwed up!

I'm exhausted still from yesterday! OMG, you gals would be so proud of me! I did do my WATP 2 mile tape AND I hiked 3 miles (50 minutes) at the park...I added an extra loop and had to double back for a few extra feet because...I took a wrong turn... So I did a longer trek in a shorter amount of time! Yea me!!!! And THEN...I went to my sister's house to hang out for a while (another sister is here from out of town) and they were getting ready to leave for a walk, so I did ANOTHER 2 miles (a slower pace, but pulling a wagon with about 75 lbs in it when both girls were in it) with them!!!

I know I ate more than I should have yesterday, but I'm pretty sure I burned it off with all that walking! Geesh! After the Disney on Ice show (it was GREAT!!!) we all went to Old Country Buffet. DD had a free coupon, so we wanted to use it...I had a salad, some BBQ baked chicken, a tase of corn bread casserole, some potatoe thing, and a small serving of the hot fudge brownie thing and added a few cherries and some ice cream! It was yummy! Then I had some chips and salsa and pizza for supper (2 pieces)...chicken fajita pizza! Yummy! Drank a Mike's hard lemonade (cranberry) and chugged the water! I'm still thirsty this morning, so I'm going to drink some water before my coffee!

Today I am planning to do anther 3 mile hike at the park after church. I don't think I'll be eationg as much, either. I'm sure hoping the scale on Monday will be kind to me!

Welcome to Fun Mom! Another MIchigander! Yea!!! Lake Superior, eh? Now, there's some cooooold weather!!!! I guess I'll stop complaining about our long winter! I saw that temps were in the 30's there this past week! Brrr! Good luck and your goals sure look realistic!

Joy...sorry about the rif between you and DH! I hear your pain! Hope you two can mend the fences today! Never fun! Your day sounded like more work than I care to do! No wonder you enjoyed that Chinese dinner!!! Hope you can get your hike in today!

Lisa...sorry about the headache chickie! Take care of yourself and don't forget to eat and drink, ok? Glad Saturday was better! Oh, and yea on the 4#'s!!! Great job!!!!

MsRD...Good job on the 2 lbs down. Now let's keep those off, ok? Glad you are back on track...you just needed a little threat, didn't you??? LOL!!!! Seriously, your day sounds great!

Hope the rest of you are enjoying your weekend! It's been a beautiful one here with temps around 70! I will take it! PErfect, if you ask me!

Hugs to all!
Old 04-10-2005, 02:26 PM   #59  

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Well, the water is going down and the fats are not adding up to quickly today so we're on a roll! No exercise yet, I'm waiting for little missy to go down for a nap.

Thanks for the welcomes!

MsRD - Down 2 pounds! That's awesome! I have family in GR! Nice to see another Michigander.

Lisagirl - Hope that migraine is better. I've been fighting a nasty sinus infection so I'm ready to be rid of the heaches too. I bet those three boys keep you busy!

hikein2005 - What a great day you had yesterday! Wow! Yes, our winters are pleanty long! We're actually doing really well this year though...most of our snow is gone already and we've had a couple days in the high 50's! We are soaking up every minute of it too!

Okay, it's nap time so I'm off to sweat.
FunMom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #60  
motomom

Default Whew!!!

Afternoon chickies!!!
Just wanted to report that I just finished my hike at the park! Woo Hoo! Kick Butt...I feel great, but I'll tell you...some of those hills are killers. I've resigned to the fact that I DO need a walking stick for that hike! I took a detour of about 1/2 mile today to hike to the Lake (Michigan) and it was well worth the walk! Beautiful hike...HOT, though back in those dunes! I soaked myself really good when I hit the lake though! (that water is still COLD!)

A beautiful day here in West Michigan. It was 80 degrees when I left the park, but cooling off with some clouds now! Thanks for your support! I'm gonna do this hikiing this summer in the Adirondacks!!!!!! And I am gonna keep up with everyone! Yea!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day! I have some work to get done while it's quiet here. DH and DD went for a motorcycle ride!

Hugs!