Old 04-24-2005, 04:46 PM   #121  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default ???

Hello lo lo lo? Where is everyone?
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:54 PM   #122  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Default Stepping it up

I'm back from vacation! I did okay on my diet over vacation, but i could have done better.
I noticed that even though I have been really good at keeping up my exercise and watching what I eat, my weight hasn't changed much at all this month, so far. So I am stepping it up to two 30 minute aerobic walks a day plus the 30-35 minutes of exercise I normally do. Hopefully this will start melting away the pounds.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:18 PM   #123  

Hello All!

OK.....went major power shopping yesterday and had a blast! Seems like forever since I got away and did some 'me' stuff......but am I ever weary today! I am sure that all the walking (and carrying packages) was good for me.....and lunch wasn't that bad either with a chicken stir fry.

Elisha......Woohoo! Congratulations on the new job. Did you say 2 computers? Sounds like you have arrived! (or maybe they are going to work you twice as hard?

Turtle.....Our weather isn't much better than yours. Yesterday, shopping at the outlet mall, we had a high temp of 35degrees with wind and rain and SNOW! We even had snow sticking to the ground here when I got home last night.....but it got up to a lovely 40degrees today, so that took care of the snow!

Julie....Congratulations on the 12 years....and I am glad you and DH had a good weekend away. Hmmmm.....this week's goal is going to be a simple one .......get back on track for both my physical and mental well-being!

Mud.....Welcome back! Glad you had a good vacation....and you get a gold star for being semi-good in the eating department while you were away. Good thoughts on varying your exercise routine....sometimes that is all you need to get you started again.

As I said before, I am still quite tired from my shopping trip (and apparently it has also been detrimental to my already-limited typing ability), so will wander off now and get a nap before bedtime.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #124  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday Morning

I'm Here... Had a most relaxing weekend! Yea! I needed it!

No exercise to speak of over the weekend and eating was less than average! I did try to get in the fruits and veggies, though even when we went to the mall and ate at the fast food place...I had a salad with my pizza! Of course, I also had icecream from DQ and then yesterday made a pan of brownies with DD. She enjoyed helping (licking the bowl) and eating one of them. I have only eaten 2 of them so far and I do want to throw them away, but they were home made. I just need to have some self control.

This morning I got up at 5:30 (Yes I did!!!!) and did 1 mile WATP. I feel great. Tomorrow my plan is to do the same and do 2 miles! Then I will alternate 1 with 2 and every so many days throw in a 3 mile! I have decided that I do need to do this EVERY morning, not just a couple times a week. If it becomes a routine for me, I think it will be easier to get my butt up in the morning (if I get to bed early enough!)

I also decided this morning that it's time to really get serious about losing these 40# that have haunted me forever!!! In order to do that, I need to commit to NO SNACKING! So along with my goal of getting up at 5 or 5:30 every morning to work out, I am going to add NO SNACKING BETWEEN MEALS (unless it's planned). I can't promise that every meal is going to be perfect in the next week, but I can at least stop the snacking in between! That also means NO desserts!!!!

This week may be a stressful one. We are expecting the state surveyors any day now (for the last month!) and don't know when they will arrive, but it's a good chance it will be this week. Add to that a guest lecture I am giving at our local college on Thursday. I need all the good vibes I can get, so send them my way, ok?

Hugs to all of you!

I will comment later...
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:07 AM   #125  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Argh.... I just lost my post!

*sigh*

Anyway, this weekend wasn't bad. Not fabulous, but tolerable. And this morning I'm back down to 204.8 (from Thursday's high of 210). I know it's water weight, but I'll take it.

Julie, are you ready for our pedometer challenge? 5 days, 25 miles. With all we walk at work, this should be a breeze! We can do it! Anyone else up for a challenge?

Speaking of challenges, I'm thinking that we should do an exercise challenge next month. Another minutes/miles thing. I'm mostly thinking that because my new job will have me stuck at a desk all day, and I'm going to need all the help I can get. It's going to be a real challenge for me to get in 10,000 steps a day. And I just need to get back on the exercise bandwagon altogether. What do you say, chicks?

Ok, I've gotta get ready for work. Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #126  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!

Last Friday I weighed in and lost 6 pounds, but I WAY overate this weekend and I'm sure it is all gained back...stupid, stupid me. I have no idea why I do that stuff. It's almost like I don't want to succeed. The sad thing is that I wasnt craving anything, I was doing fine, but I just lost it. Its in the past and I'm moving forward.

I hope you all had better eating weekends!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #127  
motomom

Default Steps Challenge

Elisha...you are on! I can't find my pedometer, but maybe if I whine loud enough, DH will go buy one for me tonight~ So, today I can count the mile I did this morning...can't remember exactly how many steps I take for a mile, so I need to figure that out again!

OK, food today was ok. I had packed a salad this morning (at the urging of DD...what would I do without my little "coach" LOL!!!...) and then I ordered out for a chicken bacon ranch sub at lunch! With fries...and I ate most of them! DUH!! And water has been less than stellar, too although I am going to chug down as much as I can now that I am home! Had a little fruit when I got home. Plan to have a salad with some meat for supper tonight, so I should be doing ok there!

I'll be back later...Hugs to all!
Old 04-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #128  
motomom

Default Motivation/Inspiration

I save these articles for times when I can actually take the time to read them. This one came a few weeks ago, but I just read it tonight. Funny how things apply to us sometimes at just the right time. Maybe this will help someone in this group "go for their dream"!

Passionately Soaring in LIfe

Enjoy!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:04 PM   #129  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Hey Everyone!

Not feeling too great today at all. I did manage to get in a walk this morning but I don't think i feel up to doing anymore exercising for the day. I fell awful about it too since I've been downing toast and ginger ale all day to battle an upset stomach. Who know maybe I will take a short walk and then get plenty of sleep so I can start fresh in the morning.

The good news today is that I got my measurements taken and I have lost a total of two and a half inches total on the trunk of my body! DH says it doesn't matter unless I actually weigh myself, which I thik is a load of bull. My doc agrees that while shedding pounds is a good thing, its more important to measure weightloss in inches and how my clothes are fitting. Scales just mess with your head *part of their secret plans to take over the world * But I do know I did not meet my goal of weightloss this month, and probably won't in the next few days; but I did lose. Thats the important part. Next month I think I'm going to try the Special k diet again at least for two weeks. See if that jump starts my diet; along with my new exercise plan.

Elisha, I think that would be a great challenge for next month. I know I could benefit from a miles/minutes program.

Good luck to everyone next month!
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:37 AM   #130  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Good Morning!

I've been doing o.k.! I am still working out hard, but I had a few days of bingeing..which is totally crazy, and I don't understand what happened to me. I will be the first to admit that emotional eating really gets me, and goodness knows things do get emotional and crazy here!! LOL!! I did weigh, and had a 2 pound gain on Sunday, but one of those pounds was gone yesterday morning. Yesterday, I only got in 17 of my WW points. I saved up so I could have a nighttime snack. Well-- I layed down with one of my sons when he went to bed, and I slept all night! Woke up to a very messy kitchen because of that..but at least I did good with eating!!

I am still doing my weights, and I am sore. I am working out almost every day on my blue yoga ball, which I like! I went to Publix yesterday and stocked up on some healthy snacks, and I am going to try to not run out of good stuff again - it's just a recipe for disaster!!

Elisha - I like the pedometer challenge idea!! .

Julie - Hi there girl!! Hope you have a good day!

MudL - good job on the inches lost!!

Andrea - Don't worry...you'll get back on track. That little slip won't hurt you unless, you keep sliding!

********JOY WHERE ARE YOU??? TRACY WHERE ARE YOU????? MSRD WHERE ARE YOU??? HERE'S A ((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))) FOR YOU!!

Hope you all have a good day!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:47 AM   #131  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Hmm.... I don't really know what to say today. I walked 5.65 miles yesterday, most of it at work. I don't know where my weight is today because I'm at Steve's and he has no scale. I do know that eating wasn't freat yesterday, but it wasn't that bad either. Today should be pretty good.

Anyway, time to get ready for work. Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 04-26-2005, 02:28 PM   #132  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone!

Wow, we are only 4 more days away from the end of our challenge!! I can honestly say that even if I haven't quite made it in terms of weight loss that at least I have stuck to the challenge! I'm not weighing in until Saturday morning and hopefully I will be a few more down...we'll see.

I did get back onto my program and have been drinking water like crazy to flush all that junk from the weekend out. The worst thing for me has been planning ahead and I know where that gets me...just like Julie's saying in her signature. So, I am trying hard on that one.

The Special K diet sounds interesting. I've never tried it before and saw a commercial for it a week or so ago. I love cereal! I think that I'm going to continue low carbing into next month and if I'm not seeing enough results...do something else.

Have a great day ladies~!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:53 PM   #133  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Oops

I gained three pounds of water weight. But it was expected, allowed and I did NOT let it bum me out. Been working out with my sister who is on a plateau (again, she's lost over 100 lbs with WW) I think she's going to kill me or help me. (Maybe both). We work out, I'm exhausted and THEN she gets on my dreadmill while I clean house. Whew.... she's a woman on a mission (and I guess she's dragging me with her).

Back to work and starting my work week. Hope you're all doing well. Jennifer? Missing you, Coach Dragon.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:51 PM   #134  
motomom

Default Busy Day!

Whew! I am still awake...amazing! I did NOT get up to my WATP this morning, but I did get up early, just not early enough! I will tomorrow...it gives me so much more energy that I desperately need!

I ate pretty good today! I must say, I'm proud of myself!
B-fast: oatmeal w/. rasins
Lunch: Salad with 1&1/2 piece of baked breaded chicken breast
Supper: Salad, meatloaf (1 & 1/2 piece), 1/2 baked potato w/ butter and lite sour cream, some noodles.
Dessert: 1/2 cup rasp. sherbet w/ some fresh berries & a little chocolate drizzled over it!

OK, I'm sure my calories were way over 1200 (which is what I would like to be at) but I got my veggies in and some fruit too!

Water has been ok/not great/not bad...I drank some green tea today instead of water. I'm counting it though! Probably around 60 oz

I found my pedometer, but forgot to put it on this morning Elisha. I'm pretty sure I walked at least 3 miles, so I have some catching up to do! I'll be doing 2 miles before I leave the house in the morning!!!

OK...my feet hurt, mye eyes are falling asleep and I need to get to bed!

Hugs to all of you! I see that you are all doing well...but I want to know where the rest ofyou are???? I miss you!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:03 PM   #135  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

Whew! I just added up my calories for the past 2 days... horrendous! I got attacked by a canister of Cheetos at lunch. Good thing my friend was there to share or it would have been worse. So my weight is probably right back where it was a few days ago. But hey, I had lean cuisine and water for dinner, so at least I minimized the damage. Water water water. I need to flush this crap out of my system.

Ok, so today only added 6167 steps to my total, or 2.98 miles, for a total of 8.63 miles. Tomorrow might be good, but maybe not. I'm running a bunch of errands tomorrow. But I have to do some laundry, so hopefully I'll get on the bike while that's going. Or the elliptical in the morning, but I doubt that because I really want to sleep in.

Anyway, I need to get to bed, I'm a tired girl. Have a good night, chicks!
~Elisha