Old 04-06-2005, 09:53 PM   #31  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Weds PM

Go turtle, go! I'm proud of your turtle butt for getting up and getting on that dreadmill! That's always the hardest step...taking the first one...at least for me it its! I hope the weekend brings you sunshine so you can go a pedalling! I think if we have time this weekend, we will get out our bikes too!

rebelrider...keep up the great work! I couldn't do the SB diet! I tried, but it's just wasn't the right one for me!

mom2alex...hope you had/have a great time in AC. Sounds like fun!

As for me...It was pretty good day food wise. Water was excellent! Got in at least 70 oz. and still drinking! Slosh, slosh!

A couple of NSV's to report...
Last night we went in the hot tub which DH opened just this past weekend. I didn't want to wear my "skirty" but yet smaller suit that I bought last summer, so I found an old one that was in my drawer. And I couldn't beleive how baggy that thing was one me! My body looked different in it than what I remembered (thighs and boobs!) when I used to wear it at a "fatter" size! Woo Hoo!

OK, so tonight...We went to a fast food restaraunt...Hubby wanted to go look at a new/used motorcycle (which he is buying, btw) so we stopped for supper on the way. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and they had salad for one of the side orders, so I got that! I'm so proud of myself! I did eat most of the bun, but figured it was better than having a grease soaked burger or fish sandwich, right!? I couldn't beleive my own ears when I said to the girl taking our order "What do you have that's not fried?" And then she actually was able to recite a few items on the menu! So exciting! Do you think it might just be a fluke or I'm actually "getting it"? Of course, I craved ice cream all the way home...and every ice cream place we passed had lines a mile long! Good thing, or I would have talked DH into stopping (doesn't take much to talk him into ice cream on a warm spring night!) I opted for some pineapple and SF vanilla (small serving) ice cream when Igot home!

That's it...my eyes are getting heavy...I was up early this morning and plan another 2 mile (or 3?) tomorrow morning! Gotta get those workouts in! Won't be able to hike tomorrow...it's supposed to be raining and we are going to pick up the new motorcycle tomorrow night! Friday I'm busy too and Saturday is going to be busy with family...SIGH! WHEN???? OMG...I need to quit my job!!! LOL!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:33 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi everbody (I'm incognito - do you recognize me). Busy reading posts - WOW everyone has great goals for April. Welcome to the new chickies - let see if I can remember without looking.... hmmm... rebelbikegirl (or is that Averill) ?- Jenn - Mudilious - & someone's Momma ???

By the time I read all the updated posts - I've run short on time.... so I'll just say that I've gotten up early 3 mornings in a row to exercise. This morning it was my first attempt at Tai Chi practice.... and then after work I did a walk/run for an hour.... I know... I should know better..... but so far so good

Food has been moderately good. I'm really going to have to start watching as we've decided we can no longer afford to go to WW - so you guys are my support and life line.... Keep me accountable.... I'll pass the tazer on.

Anyways - gotta go.....
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #33  

OK, I messed up the 3 hrs before bed thing and I didn't eat so great but I stepped up my water and I did 15 min on the Ellip and 16 on the treadmill and a 2.5 incline and 3.0 speed
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:28 AM   #34  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

I did well today I think. I vigoruosly cleaned my whole house (while dancing around like a fool), took a 20 minute walk, and belly danced for 35 minutes! Now if I can just get to the gym, tomorrow will be fantastic!

Today is my hubby's birthday and I resisted taking a huge piece of cake. Yay me! Chocolate is my weakness. Anyways we are planing a trip to go surfing in the middle of the month, I've never gone before so wish me luck.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:31 AM   #35  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Well, yesterday wasn't so bad, but there was no exercise (unless you count over 11,000 steps at work) and not nearly enough water. I'm going to exercise here in a few minutes though, as soon as my breakfast settles. I'm at Steve's, so it'll be the bike for me this morning. That's ok, I'm not sure I could handle the elliptical today anyway. I'm just plain exhausted recently. Luckily for me, tomorrow is my day off. Or, laundry day, whichever you prefer to call it.

Anyway, I've sat here staring at the screen long enough--I need to get moving. Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #36  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone!

I did lousy yesterday. I am such a stress eater, it's not funny. I ate a huge burger and fries for supper and for dessert ice cream. Plus I didn't exercise. The sad thing was that I ate so good during the day. I am back on it today, though. Have a great day everyone.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:43 PM   #37  

Talking

Hi

Todays plan includes "painting for exercise".... should work

Food so far today - None.... I better go eat breakfast before I get TOO hungry

Take of you!

J.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #38  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks!

Today was decent. Food was decent, exercise was 30 minutes on the bike, water is still coming along. I'm exhausted though, have been all day. Morning exercise usually helps, but today it just drained me completely. I'm going to go eat some dinner and then go to bed. Have a good night, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:15 PM   #39  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Today was fantastic as I predicted it would be. 30 minutes of belly dancing and a 30 minute aerobic walk. Drank lots of water, ate small portions at each meal.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:17 AM   #40  

Default A few comments

Hi

Miss Elisha.... Good for you staying on track today. Remember you gotta make sure to get your rest too.... studies show that if you sleep more you have greater success at weight loss If you've been tired for a while ... maybe its time to have your iron checked - women are famous (or is it infamous?) for having low iron in their blood. Take care of you !

Mudlucious - Way to go! You are inspiring me .... you sound like you are really enjoying this.... that makes it a lot easier...

rebelridergirl - How did today go? Did you get back on track? One day doesn't make or break you..... it's getting back on that's important

Today was good ... ate within points, got lotsa exercise with the sanding and painting... probably a little low with the water.... and my journal awaits....

so I'll say good night all. Have a great day tomorrow !
Old 04-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #41  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default TGIF & PMS!

What a way to start a weekend! Blech! I didn't get time in for a workout yesterday, so now I absolutely HAVE to workout somehow tomorrow as today is just full! Girls night out tonight...and I will TRY to be good, but dang it...I'm gonna have a Margarita! It's been a busy week!

We picked up hubby's new motorcycle last night so it was eating out again! We had Quizno's subs. I opted out of the chips, but did manage to have a few of DH's. Lunch was fried chicken breast strips...not much in the healthy food eating yesterday, but I'm sure the calories were less than some days! Unfortunately I ended the day having 3 pieces of chocolate (that's where the PMS comes in) and some cheese curls, so that probably killed my calories. I didn't keep track! Drank plenty of water, so that was good.

Today, I will eat a salad for lunch so I can have a decent meal at supper with my friend...and that margarita! I will drink 60 oz. of water before I leave work...and I will work out tomorrow.

It's nice to hear from all of you! I hope the weekend brings lots of good things. We are going to see Disney on Ice with my family tomorrow. Lots of cousins and Grandpa! My Mom comes home from a 3 week jaunt on Amtrak across the country, so it will be nice to have her back safe and sound! I'm hoping for a hike at the park tomorrow when we get home after the Disney on Ice!

TTFN...Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #42  

Hey Julie.... sounds like you've got a good plan for today!

Joy
Old 04-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #43  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi Joy-- Yeah, I did get back on track. I went to the gym yesterday...so far that is #3 this week...planning on going tonight and tomorrow morning. So, that will hopefully be 5 days this week. I have done good this week with drinking water. I have been having 3 (20 oz) bottles of plain water a day and about 2 (20 oz) bottles of "weak" Crystal Light. I ate the right things yesterday...but I do think that my supper portion was too large.

Julie- I can sympathize with you...TOM has gotten me a little messed up.

Have a great day everyone!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #44  

Hey Rebel YOU GO GIRL. Sounds like you've had an awesome week. Just keep mindful of your portion control and it'll take care of itself in no time. Have a great TGIF.
Joy
Old 04-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #45  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi! I'm back from vacation. It was really lovely. The beach was nice, the weather perfect...our day trips fun...overall just a terrific trip.

I was up 1.5 lbs this morning compared to when I left, but I really think it is some water retention. I am SO GLAD to be home and have more healthy choices available for me to eat!!! The good news is that I have really gotten addicted to my toning..I even did it while I was gone. Now as for cardio...gotta get back on the bike!! ASAP!! I did a lot of walking while I was gone, plus we played football and baseball on the beach, which was fun and helped burn off the extra cals. I ate.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone!! I was about to welcome all the new faces..and I realize that this challenge I am a new face too!!

I have a couple of dressy functions coming up, and I have got to get some weight off!! Tazer my hiney good if I so much as mention that I am eating badly!! Who's got the tazer...Joy??? Didn't I hear that you have it???

Have a terrific day all!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote