Old 04-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #16  

Hello!

Just added up my calories for the day, and I got it all under 1400 thus far. (just think how much better it would have been if I had avoided that king size candy bar mid-afternoon? *sigh*) Water was down today......been tied to my desk at work doing lots of data entry.....but maybe I can make it up tonight.

Andrea......Welcome! it is so nice to see new faces in here.....the more to keep us accountable! April goal of 8-10 lbs is awesome! I'm gonna watch how you do it!

Mudlucious......Great goals! Five days a week in the gym.......good for you! Are you going to a regular gym or Curves or somewhere else?

Julie......I can just see you two sitting on the sand dunes,looking out over the lake. what a picture! That is quite a hiking workout you have planned.......but I know you can do it!

Mom2Alex......Weekend are always hard, but today is a new week and we can accomplish anything!

DH bought himself a power washer......and I used it to clean off the front deck tonight. Wow! Is that slick! I don't think I will need any upper body toning tonight
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 07:48 AM   #17  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tueday AM

MOrning chickies!
Just a quick report that I did a 50 minute hike at the State Park yesterday after work! I think it was about 3 miles as best as I could figure. I didn't panic as much as I was a little more familiar with the route. Tasha (the dog) was with me and she was good..no chasing critters out of the woods, although she wanted to!) I only saw about 4 other people and 2 other dogs the whole time I was there. It was a beautiful day...got up to around 70 and I actually wore shorts on the hike!! Wooo Hooo! I think Spring has finally arrived in West Michigan. Supposed to be another beautiful day again today! Maybe I'll do a neighborhood hike tonight after work! Gotta walk when the weather is nice!

MsRD..Oops on that candy bar! I did pretty good without snacking yesterday. Had my fruits and veggies, but did cave and have some mac&cheese with DD at supper! Still trying to stay away from that leftover easter candy! And yea...wish you could be here to join me on the hikes! It's definately a workout! Wait til I start putting on my "pack"...

Welcome to all the new faces. I know Lisa and Jennifer are MIA today...Lisa is on Spring Break and Jennifer is away from her desk! Where are the rest of you familiar faces...oh yea...Joy is having some technical difficulties, but where is Lucia and Elisha? Yoo Hoo...girls...get in here and check in with us! We miss you!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well, my water was good yesterday - not great, but good - got in 72 oz. I'm guessing I'll have no problem upping that today, since I now have a scratchy throat. I'll probably hit my water intake by noon at this rate! LOL No exercise as of yet - I'm planning on walking tonight though on the treadmill, or just taking a walk around the neighborhood if the weather stays good.

Have a great day!
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #19  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Morning, chickies!

Tonight avatars will be up- I didn't get home until 8:35 last night from Tampa with mom. My hair is MUCH shorter, and I'm hoping I can count that at weight loss Well, it's also curlier, which was the whole point. I can't wash it until Wed night, so any big-time sweating is out for the next 24 hours, since I can't come to work skanky.

It's so nice to see new faces, and to actually be able to get here (waited for the Roid to have to pee, and typing fiendishly fast)

Welcome to Andrea, and Mud, and hi to Jenn, who I missed on the last challenge.

I'm MISERSABLE today, for several reasons. #1, the time change. Have I mentioned that I am not a morning person? And that making me get up at what feels like 3am is grounds for bodily injury? And then trying to get up 30-45 mins earlier than that to exercise....sheesh- I am a cranky chickie, for sure. #2. Super-incredible *** pain. Why? Lemme tell you....yesterday, while trying to pack up the car to head home, with both arms full of stuff, and a backpack sliding down 1 arm, my mom's shih tzu decided to play "Trip the Human." I mis-stepped on a 3" step off their front stoop, lost my balance, and thudded down, falling on the left butt cheek, and also scraping my left shin area. Well, when I got home, after 2 hours at the salon, and 4 hours on the road, I developed a lovely bruise that nearly covers the butt cheek. Hubby hurt his back, so he's moaning, and I can't sit, move, or roll without a jolt of pain stabbing me in the butt. Should be an interesting week or 2 until this heals. Yowwie!!!! And then #3, the Roid has to make up for lost time with me being out yesterday. She saves up crap just to make sure she can waste even more of my time. Sigh. This is going to be a looooong day.

No exercise today, possibly 20 mins with the resistance bands if the butt doesn't hurt too much for sitting to do that. Food is on target so far, and I have to hobble over to the water cooler to make sure my water is on target, too.

Breakfast
12oz diet coke
chocolate mint zone bar

Lunch
diced chicken breast
1 cup yellow rice
fresh diced fruit

Dinner
TBD

So far, so good....just gotta keep making the best choices....

Elisha- ditto to getting all things in order, even if there's no weight loss this month. Gotta get my head in the right place, and my habits re-formed.

Joy- you are soooo right about the accountability. Even if it's boring....gotta do it, and be accountable.

MsRD- I'm ready to renew that commitment. I'm sick & tired of being so tired, and so fat. Grrr.

Julie- poor chickie, lost like that! Great job on the exercise. Warm up that tazer, now

Hope Lisa is having a good time on her vacation, too. Mary is having computer issues, but I am sure she'll pop in when she can.

Happy April, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #20  

well so far so good. I haven't exercised yet but being today is my day off I will do something. So today will count as my first exercise of the week. Eating has been fine but I really want chinese food so I may give into that but limit my intake. Water has been good. Slept later then expected today but it was needed. DD didn't mind.

Inventory was **** and I didn't get to bed that night (Sunday) until after 2 and then was up for DD appt for 7 yesterday. Then had to go to work. I was exhausted when I finally got home yesterday but that is alright. Thankfully that is only 2 times a year. That means I have atleast 6 months until I have to do it again. Anyway, other then that that is all that I have. Don't have the time to comment since I need to get ready and go but I will try to comment tonight. Hope everyone else is fine.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #21  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Uhm like hi and stuff

Jeepers! Takes me FIVE days to find this!? Yikes and yowsers!

But hey, I've been sick. Yes, I was. Turtle was so sick I was green (for real). Bad cold and cranky as all get out. Pooh Bear and I had a lousy week end because he was sick (he really should have gone home) and then when he left, he took all the meds I had and left me with his creeping crud (chest cold). But I'm a strong and relatively healthy turtle and I'm trying my best to kick it before it gets me all the way down. I'm still very dizzy and seem to tire rather easily. But I'm fighting tooth and nail (or is that beak and claws?) to find my way back to the light.

I joined TOPS Monday (I went last week to check it out). And weighed in (very high) yesterday. But it's a new and quirky approach to weight loss. Long story, hope I can keep at it.

Glad to see most everyone back and even some new faces. Good luck to everyone. And I hope to see the other lost souls (like I was) show up soon.

Hey Jennifer! You coulda told me! Ditzy Dragon
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #22  

Smile

Evening all!

Eating has been right on track today......that always makes me feel good. Breakfast was toast & tea......lunch was fruit & small muffin......dinner was ham/cheese sandwich & diet coke......that is only around 1000 calories, so maybe I can come up with a snack later on.

Julie......Your 50-minute walk is at LEAST 3 miles, if you kept up any pace at all. And if you got off into the sand, we know what kind of workout that can be! You still have leftover Easter candy? Now, that is willpower!

Mom2Alex.....Take is easy with that scratchy throat.....lotsa water, get some extra rest, you know the drill.

Jennifer......That little ankle-biter caused quite a fall! Take it easy on the exercise for a day or two......especially since you can't depend on DH to wait on you!

Gabrielle......We just did inventory last week too. the worst is not over, however, as now I round up as many warm bodies as possible and input eleventy nine hundred pages into the puter. This is not classified as a fun week.

Turtle......Good to see you.....I was getting worried you had lost your way! Hope you are feeling better today. Congrats on joining TOPS.....I know you can do this!

It is still early enough to get something done......if I can only find the list!

Last edited by MsRD; 04-05-2005 at 08:37 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #23  
motomom

Default Quick Check In

Evening ladies...
Just a quickie to let you all know I'm here! Just got a note from Joy and she is still trying to get back on 3FC...they won't let her on...Jennifer, maybe you can help her! I gave her the forum email addy, but apparently that hasn't done her any good so far!

No exercise today...had Chinese food for lunch and steak on the barbie (that's for you, my friend Lucia) with grilled kabob veggies (peppers and onions) and corn on the cob. A real southern feast, it was!!! Water has been average so I know in the morning, it's NO Coffee day! Gonna really chug that water and get this sodium out of my body!!!

So good to hear from all you chickies (and turtles too!). I've missed all of you. I don't have time to comment tonight but will soon! Tomorrow is going to be an exercise day, and since it's going to be rainy, I need to get up early, clean kitchen and then work out! So that means I need to go to bed right now!!!!

Hugs,
Old 04-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #24  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm here! I'm here!

I've had a couple of busy days! Foods was not good on either day, but there was lots of walking, and even some water, so I'm not counting it as a complete loss.

Yesterday was my first day off in a while, so I went to the Pittsburgh zoo and aquarium with some friends. Lots of fast food, but I walked for about 6 hours, so I think that makes up for at least one meal. And half of it was UP hill!
Today, breakfast and lunch were good, then a friend brought me a steak and cheese hoagie for dinner (she was waiting for me to get off work, and I can't resist steak and cheese hoagies). Then I went to the mall to get some new pants--I tried on a 16 and an 18, because I HAD to get some new pants, no matter what size they were, and the 16s actually looked better than the 18s. YAY!

Anyway, I'm dead tired, and I have to work super early tomorrow, so I'm going to bed. I'll be back tomorrow evening. Have a healthy Wednesday, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:16 AM   #25  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Elisha~

I like your signature. I'm not heading for skinny either, just healthy.

The past few days have not been so good. I got in a few short insignificant walks; but drank tons of water. Today I got busy enough to kick my butt in gear. Even though I did not get to the gym, I took a walk, did crunches, and belly danced for 30 minutes. I also stuck to good eating habits and drank too much water.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #26  

Thumbs up

no Eating 3 Hours B4 Bed
lose 6-8 Pounds
GO TO GYM TUES,THURS,SAT,SUN EACH WEEK
20 MIN ON ELLIPTICAL AND 40 ON THE TREADMILL

drink At Least My Daily Requirement Of H20
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:38 AM   #27  
motomom

Default Weds AM~Hump Day!

Morning chickies!
Alright...I did my 2 mile WATP with the 1.5 lb weights this morning, so I feel great! REady to conquer the world! HA! I've already drank 16 oz water this morning, so I treated myself to a cup of coffee...somehow day old coffee doesn't have the same "robustness" (is that a word???) that fresh brewed does! What can I say...I'm cheap!

Elisha...the Zoo sounds great! DH and DD went to our "local" zoo in Grand Rapids on Monday and they also took in the Butterfly Garden. He did take pictures and it looked like they had a lot of fun. DD slept well that night! We love the zoo (any zoo) in this house! Glad you had a fun time!

nhmommy...great goals and welcome!

Mudlicious...how do you drink "too much water"? LOLOL!!!! Sounds like your day went well. Good job!

MsRD...Oh yea...I am keeping a pace, for sure! And there are plenty of hills...AND lots of sand on the trails in some parts! It's a great little hike and I can't wait to do the next one each time. Each time I have gone, I have added a loop and next time, it's going to be longer again! Just finding the time is my problem right now. If I didn't work and wasn't married with DD, I'd do it every day! I'm that pumped right now! Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Turtle...sorry you're feeling green! Hope you are better in no time. Drink lots of water, take your vitamins and get plenty of sleep! That's key!
Glad you checked in with us!

Jennifer...So glad to see your post! Sorry to hear about your "ankle biter incident"! Darn dogs anyway! Take care of that tushie of yours, ya hear! And hope you and your DH are back in action again soon!

Gabrielle...Hope you got in your exercise yesterday. I know how hard it is to work and then take care of baby and all the other things that come with being a Mom...so don't stress yourself out...and get your sleep! ((((((Gabrielle))))))

Take care of yourselves all the rest of you wonderful chickies!

Hugs!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'm here and doing ok so far with my goals...we'll see how that maps out this weekend. I leave tomorrow morning for Atlantic City and won't be home til Sat. night. So once I log off today, I won't be back on until Sunday! Have a great rest of the week and weekend, ladies!
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #29  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

It sounds like everyone is doing good with their plan. I'm so glad! I am following South Beach and have done really good so far. I snacked a little too much on SB approved snacks, but I really need to watch it! I decided to buy some preformed Turkey burger patties the other day, they were cheap and easy, and tasted great! 160 cals and 9 grms of fat for 1 very nice sized burger. I dont think that's too bad. I have done really good on exercise this week, but today I have to struggle to get some in, its a busy day and I overslept so I didnt go to the gym this a.m. As for water...so-so...I have been drinking more Crystal Light than I probably should.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Have a great day!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #30  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default I did it! I actually did it!

Okay, so it's not worth all THAT fanfare. But I'm just getting over this kick butt cold and started feeling better today. I knew that I had to introduce "Intentional Exercise" to my plan to actually lose weight. So today I set my timer (ALA Flylady) and walked on my dreadmill for ten minutes. I didn't walk fast, I didn't put my "Ultimate Dreadmill Music" on with it's driving beat, but I did break a sweat and I DID keep it up for ten minutes. That was quite the accomplishment for me. I was proud of myself for MAKING my turtle butt do it.

Of course pride goeth before a fall, they say. I had no time for a nap, and begrudgingly hit the shower, but I felt wiped out, so I MADE time. So after my shower I laid down. I didn't actually get to sleep, but I rested on my MADE bed (thanks again Flylady) set my timer (Flylady again) and enjoyed a breeze coming in through the open window while I relaxed.

It was another gorgeous day here in the mountain state. I opened all the windows and let a breeze blow through my neglected and dirty little cave. But they say this nice weather is just today and that's it until the week end, rain coming. I'll take rain, it's better than snow and I've had my fill of snow and cold temperatues.

I had another short sun bath in Henry, with the sun roof open in the parking lot of my office before coming up. Gawd that sun feels great on my skin! I must get more... need more sun!

Hope everyone is enjoying their "Hump Day" and hang in there, the week end is on the horizon. Pooh says we're getting the bikes out this week end and hitting the rails to trails. We'll see.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote