Old 04-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #271  

Hi Chickies! I honestly don't know which end is up today. Another one of those fun-filled days. What else is new?

I started out really good today. Plenty of fruit, etc. Then I stopped at the store to get some salad supplies, and wouldn't you know, someone pushed me into the ice cream aisle. Now, don't get me wrong, I love ice cream. But darn it, who on earth is trying to sabotage me? Anyway, I made the "best of the worst" decisions. I chose a single, 12 oz prepackaged shake from a local ice cream shop, for 480 cals. Sure was better than a 1/2 gallon when I know I would have devoured the whole thing. Also better than actually stopping and getting a shake at the ice cream shop instead of the grocery store. The fresh made ones are much larger and run 1500-2000cal each. Anyway, I have PMS, and I could have done alot worse.

Now tonight, I will be up for quite awhile. And I'm sure I'll be very tired, but my cat is going into labor. Her mucous plug came out about 2 1/2 hrs ago. (YUK) Seems contractions have slowed. It's going to be a long night. I have her locked in her own quiet bedroom, so I just keep checking on her.

Not to mention, I'm still on call tonight. I hope I don't try to pass the time munching all night long.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:49 AM   #272  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Smile Thank you!

Lisa & Jennifer, friends! (Even though I think you two planned that whole tazer thingy--your time on your posts was just too close to be cooincidental--you know, good cop, bad cop thing!!! LOL! )

I need you and you came through! You gave me just what I needed to hear...that's what I love about this place! I still feel like I gained the 2 lbs., though...but I'm not going to weigh myself until the first of May (oh yea??) I'm not going to think to hard about food this weekend because it will just drive me nuts, but I promise to stay away from the chocolate! I may go to my favorite coffee shop, though and have a SF Raspberry Vanilla Latte on Sunday morning! YUM! Thank you, thank you thank you for being my friends, support group and cheerleaders! I love you chickies!

And Lisa...I will put myself on a plane, bus or drive if I have to to see you in that beautiful blue sexy dress! What exact exercises are you doing? You know you don't have to do a ton of them, but do them daily. Deltoids are the ones to focus on for shoulders...(arms at sides, elbows straight, then raise arms up to shoulder height...do 3 sets about 10-20 reps) I went to the WW site and they had some great little exercises there for UB that I just printed out. (Bicep curls, Triceps, side presses...which are much easier than any other kind of push up but works your chest, chickie ) Go check it out http://www.weightwatchers.com/health/wko/index.aspx

As I was looking for the specific exercises, and ran across this...this is for all of chickies to read!!!!
[URL=http://http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&preview=Y&art_id=1111]
I hope these works as a link!!!

Alright chickies...it's 6:50 and I have some work to do before we leave this morning...plus hubby probably thinks I'm having an affair on this computer since I've been on it for a while this morning! So I need to go give him some attention!

Love all you chickies!!! Have a super weekend!!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #273  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Julie, I SWEAR Jennifer and I did not even know we were both posting!! He he!! I know it looks a bit suspicious.....

Glad to hear you are feeling better this morning!!! You are right, we DO love you!!! Us chickies have got to stick together!!!

Yes, stay away from the scale for a bit. Deciding to weigh once a week has been one of the best, yet hardest decisions I have made .

O.K., gotta run!! I have got to check out that link you left me!!! Thanks!! I believe the exercise I am doing the most of is called 'tricep extensions'?

Dolphin - How is labor and delivery going at your home? Girl, don't let a milkshake get you down. PMS is always AWFUL for me. Sometimes just getting a little treat 'out of my system' helps me to do better the next day. Hmmm....those Reeses come to mind!!! Yikes!!! I'm pulling for you today. Keep us posted, chick .
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 05:29 PM   #274  
LucyKitty

Let's just say that food-wise, I've done great. I even got to go out to dinner yesterday and have a peach daquiri w/ it, so I'm happy there. Food today is way under calories, but I feel like crap so it's better than eating the whole fridge or something.

Stupidly went shopping last night for some new clothes. Yeah, that's dumb. I'm ibetween. I got mad. THen I got depressed. Then i cried for a long time and was very upset. Bought NOTHING.

Same thing today, except this time hubby was being a big jerk and he's out with his useless jerks of friends (no, honestly. they're that bad...) until midnight and I have to go bridesmaids shopping with 6 perfect size-2 chicks today, and I'm this huge cow at a size 14. Ugh.

So I have to go eat lunch now but I feel like crap and I don't even want to eat anymore. I just want to go to sleep and not feel bad anymore. Remind me again NEVER to go clothes shopping until I reach that stupid goal. Ugh.

Anyway I may end up out drinking tonight, so if I do, I'll be over calories, but I don't even care at this point. Today's a total bust emotionally, so screw it, I guess.

Tomorrow will be better. No more crappy moods, no more bad eating (as in not doing it at all), and no more bleeeeech in general.

At least it's the weekend!! SHEESH!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:58 PM   #275  

I just can't go to bed without posting again. I have had a good day. I went over my points by 2, which is not too bad. I will take 2 away from tomorrow to balance out. I went to a couple's shower today with my dh. I had such a nice time, and I overheard a couple of girls whispering about me. One said, "She's gotten so thin!". Me, thin??? Gotta love that word I tell ya! I got several compliments. I had packed up all of my smaller sizes to give to Goodwill, but my dh never got around to taking the stuff, and today I had to go through the Goodwill bag to get some pants! He he!! I thought that was funny. Seriously, though, I look better now in my clothes, but you know when you catch yourself in the mirror after a shower...yuck! I don't like what I see. I have a good 20 more pounds to lose to be where I need to be.

Lucy - I am in-between too, and I hate it. Hon, I am sorry you had that experience on your shopping trip. Just remember, you are fitting in that bikini! And you are not a HUGE COW. No way. No way, chickie. You are doing great, and I am soooo proud of you, and those size 2's probably will never have titanium abs the way you are gonna have them!! And did you ask them if they can do 600 situps? HUH? I know their answer would have been "NO". Emotional days just suck the life right outta ya - I know all about emotional days. I'm sure tomorrow will look brighter for you chickie. And here is a ((((((((((((hug))))))))))) from your friend Lisa.

Jennifer - Hi, chickie!! Hope you are having a fantastic day!!!!!!!!

Julie - I miss you!!!! I hope you had a good trip chickie!!!

Today, I had more positive thoughts, and I wanted to convey them here, because I have been such a whiner the last week or so. If anyone asks me how I am losing my weight, I just want to tell them..."Well, I have made these amazing new friends...!!!".
Thank you guys for everything!!

Last edited by lisa girl; 04-17-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:36 PM   #276  
LucyKitty

Shopping sucked. We got the dresses -- strapless green dresses, knee length -- and they're okay.

I am having the day from ****, however. after we finished shopping, my friend and all of her friends just basically ditched me to go out and just didn't even bother to ask me. Gee. I'm so glad I have friends of my own. Ugh.

Anyway I won't turn this into some stupid emo rant, so I'm just gonna go curl up in bed and wait for tomorrow, which will hopefully be a **** of a lot better than today was.

Thx, Lisa. I know they aren't even required to work for their bodies n stuff, but it still sucks. And turns out the other girl that was supposedly bigger than me is a whopping size 10. Wow. At least the store she picked carried bigger than a 12, heh!
Old 04-18-2004, 08:28 AM   #277  

Lucy - Well I'll bet those little snobbies didn't have pretty modeling pictures made like you had! So there! Just erase those rude chicks right out of your mind!! And, I have always wanted to come to Seattle (I AM going to go there one day you guys!!) - So, Lucy, would you like me to come cross-country and we will go shopping and have lunch?? I want to try one of those peach daiquiries!! What do you say chickie?? More ((((hugs)))) to you, and I hope you have a better day today!!!
Old 04-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #278  
LucyKitty

*hugs* Thanks, Lisa. I'd love to hang out with ya sometime!! Thanks for being so sweet.

I basically had the day from **** yesterday. Let's just leave it at that, because I don't really want to get into the details for the life of me.

Anyway, I now really -have- to lose at least 1 size to fit into my (really ugly haha!) dress by July 23rd. Eek!! That's okay. It -did- technically fit me, and if I am lucky enough, somehow, to drop down a size or two, I can order the size from the store. So no biggie at all on that. Plus, the dress was only $70 (with tax), so it was a lot less than I thought I'd end up having to spend. And for a dress from Express, that's not bad!!

Other than that... yep. I was just in a crappy mood last night and I wanted a pizza, so, dammit, I got one. I get anxious ordering food - one of those weird things I get with my anxiety. So I got myself a thin-crust, lower-fat, lower-cal, cheese & mushroom pizza from pizza hut (those new light pizzas or something?) and it was way better than normal pizzas are!! I was amazed. I ordered some cheesybread, too, but it wasn't as good as the stuff I used to make at the pizza place in high school. And I got a 2-liter of Mt. Dew, which was my big bad thing to do, but I haven't had soda in WEEKS. So I am allowed.

Anyway... I was talking to my mom this weekend (Friday or Sat.) and she said that the reason I get dizzy and nauseated when I'm on the lo-carb diet (atkins), is because that's how carb-addicted ppl feel when they don't get their fix. And she said if I get like that, the way to cure it is to eat either some meat or a handful of dry roasted peanuts - something to raise the blood sugar a little bit. AND she said it only lasts for the first 4-5 days. I've never honestly gotten past the 2nd day of a lo-carb diet because of that dizzy weird feeling that I got, and I got scared that I was doing something wrong. (This is what I get when I refuse to pay for overpriced books that TELL YOU how to do it the right way!!)

SO.... given the new facts that
1 - I am upset at being this size because nothing fits, and it's given me new motivation
2 - I have a strapless, knee-length, lime-green dress to wear in July for my best friends' wedding
3 - I want those damn size 11 cargo pants sitting in my closet
4 - I also want all the other size "M" and "L" shirts and pants in my closet that bad...

I AM going on a lo-carb induction phase on Monday, and my spirit will NOT be broken.

In fact, today, I am going to Target w/ the hubby to get a digital scale (as suggested by Jennifer) and I'm going to hope for a good 10-15 lb loss in the first two week induction phase of this diet. I am doing Atkins, plain & simple, but without the pork rinds (ew!)

You guys rock, I love ya all to death... and I am gonna go have an awesome day today. *hugs to all* WE ARE AWESOME!!! (and if it weren't for you guys I'd probably be curled up in bed right now!)
Old 04-18-2004, 11:02 PM   #279  
motomom

Default I'm baaaaack!

I want to make this short because I want to go to bed early, but I have a feeling I am going to be writing for a while!

Let's just say it's good to be back home! The bridal shower was a total dessert shower!!! All the food (which I KNOW I didn't have to eat) was sugar, sugar, sugar...and chocolate! Did I say I was going to stay away from chocalate this weekend??? I lied! It was pizza for supper last night, too, but I ordered a antipasto salad and ate that BEFORE i even dove into the pizza! I only ate 1/2 piece (mostly toppings) and gave my Mom the rest! It wasn't that great and I was proud of myself for even THINKING to order the salad! Of course, there wasn't much lettuce...mostly cheese & meat & some olives...had Rasp. vinagrette dressing! OH...did I mention the glass(es) of wine I drank along with dinner???

AND...my favorite coffee shop was NOT open this morning, so although I had good intentions of saving myself for a SF Rasp/Vanilla Latte, I ended up with sugar sweet gas station cappicino! YUCK! Then we stopped for lunch on the way home and I had too many chips with salsa before my lunch (chicken taco salad) arrived! SIGH!

OK, so are we allowed to write off a whole WEEK???? Ummmm...I didn't think so!

So now my dilemna for the week! I usually have Mondays off but have to work tomorrow. We need (healthy) groceries in a bad way and spent most of the money this weekend up North! <Sigh> I NEED some veggies! I have a few lunches stashed in the freezer (if hubby didn't find them ) but I need to figure out meals for suppers this week...I have to plan or I will fail! So, I'm thinking: go to grocery store tomorrow night and pick up the healthy stuff...forget about the rest! Think he'll notice if a few dollars are missing??? LOLOL!!! Have I mentioned that I NEED SOME VEGGIES????

Alright chickies...I have rambled long enough and you know my story. Now tomorrow I get back up and on program...no excuses or the tazer will be knockin' me down for sure!

Goals this week:
1. No weighing until May 1
2. Exercise daily...either cardio or toning (no excuses)
3. Get my menus planned (can do the night before if I have to)
4. Stay away from sugar! Stay away from sugar! Stay away from sugar!!

Now...you have all heard me loud and clear and if I so much as veer from these goals one iota, my butt is yours!!! (Really, you can HAVE it!!!!)

Lisa, I am so proud of you, chickie! You are just kickin butt girl! did you check out the article? I am going to find the other one again as I see the link didn't work. I think we all need to read it! OK, this is such a good site with so many good articles...find the one you need and stay motivated all of you!
Weight Watchers site

Hugs to all you chickies. I will check in tomorrow night!
Old 04-19-2004, 09:19 AM   #280  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Morning, chickies!

Good morning, chickies! 11 more days in the month....can you believe we're almost done with this challenge? Time to kick things into high gear & reach for those goals.

I'm sooo cranky this morning- PMS settled in over the weekend, and sure enough, woke up & whammo...what fun. So, got a bit of bloat happening here- and already popping advil. Bleah. A cranky chickie is no fun at all.

Got a busy day ahead, full of totally useless crap for my loan consultant. It will be a miracle if I don't throttle her today...wish me luck, chickies!

Breakfast:
1/3 cup smart start
1 pineapple cottage double

Lunch:
3/4 cup chili
3/4 cup brown rice

Tonight I need to go grocery shopping, since I grabbed the last cottage double this morning. We'll see how I feel as far as what the exercise du jour is going to be.

Have a great Monday, chickies!

**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:29 PM   #281  

Good afternoon!!! It is soooo beautiful here today - 77 degrees!! I just have to get outside!! Hope you all are doing terrific!!

Saturday night I set a record for myself - 50 minutes on the bike!! Woo hoo!!!
But, then last night, my legs were so stiff and sore, I only went 30 min, and not at the pace I wanted to go. Anyway, that is 7 days without skipping my exercise (another record for me).

Food today is o.k.! I am right on points so far. A couple of days last week I went over my points a small bit, and I don't know how that will look on the scale tomorrow morning. However, I am proud of all the veggies I have been getting in, which was one of my goals. I don't have a good feeling about weighing tomorrow. My water intake has been nil.! Exercise has been the best thing about the past week.

Julie - Welcome back!!!!!!!! Glad you had fun. We missed you girl!!

Jennifer - I am sorry about your grumps!! PMS is BAD company I know!! Hope you feel better chica.

Last edited by lisa girl; 04-19-2004 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #282  
LucyKitty

Aright. Here's the deal...

Atkins induction starts today. Scale this morning (Scale, I hate you!!) read 177. 16 lbs heavier than my old scale says I was. Ugh. Yeah, what a great feeling.

I am not giving up. In fact, if anything, that scale reading from **** has motivated me even more!!! Size 10, here I come. And you better not be too happy about sticking around, cuz I'm gonna blow right past you and into a size 8.

If I have to go and have my dress tailored before her wedding, then so be it. It's only a few dollars, and I'll look just fine anyway.

So.... aside from that, I said goodbye to ice cream last night. One last fling and it's gone. I was way under cals yesterday, too, but since it wasn't an on-diet day, and the night before today... I said to **** with it!!

Today's goals: drink 5 bottles of water (or equiv of sugar-free stuff).
Tomorrow's goals: Stick with it and fight the stupid carb cravings!
Wednesday: I get to work out again. (Not gonna bother today, and tomorrow I'm gone all day).

My goal is to hit a size 10 by June 1st. I WILL do it. Not because it's possible. Because I said so, dammit.

Julie - hey!! I say just call those "off days". You'll get back on track!!!

Jennifer - it'll be okay. PMS is a pain in the behind, but it only lasts a couple days. Grin and bear it!
Old 04-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #283  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

LucyKitty- chickie- I feel your pain- remember this breakdown I had when the scale came? But here's how I see it- now you know the dirty truth. And you know that you are going to have super-precise accounting of any changes that happen from here on out. So you have your starting point, and can blow it up from here.

I found a few different ab workouts in the stuff I scanned- something other than your situps, if you're game....PM me with your email address & I can send you the scans...

Lisa, if cramps weren't the worst part of my day, my processor just quit. Her last day is the 28th, and now I'm totally screwed!!!

Arrrrrgh- I am so ready to just beat my head against the desk, or go home & curl up in bed. Eff Word!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:09 PM   #284  
LucyKitty

All right.

The upsetness and general unfair feeling has lifted. Now, I'm just mad!!

Fat, watch out. An angry woman is coming your way, and you're NOT sticking around anymore.

Lunch changed to some salad & a bottle of water. Tuna just didn't sound good at all.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:49 PM   #285  
motomom

Default Monday night

Sure is quiet here chickies...back to the ole gang, eh? Well...just a quick report to let you all know that I am still here...still fighting with that blasted chocolate...again today! I did only have 3 pieces, but still!!! Grrr!

Food eaten today:
B-l cup cheerios, 4 oz. milk, Splenda,
snack - 2 oz. hard cheese
lunch - (packed my chili and rice, but this looked better! I saved my lunch for tomorrow!) 2 pieces spinach, veggie quiche (made with egg beaters)! Yummy! Made up for my loss of protein with breakfast!
s- 3 pieces of chocloate (the malted milk balls & l small cadbury robin's egg)
Supper - Chicken, rice & veggie casserole. I made up the recipe and hubby actually liked it. Browned the chicken, added the carrots, celery & frozen broccoli. I threw in a can of cr. of chicken soup, brown rice (partially cooked). Melted some cheese on the top. I made some Grands biscuits but only ate 1/2 of one!

OK, I am totalling up my #'s now and it looks like I can still have 2 carbs & 2 proteins yet tonight. I don't count fat because I know with all the cheese I eat, I'm pretty sure I get my fat in!

No exercise yet but I promise I will do some biking or weights before I go to bed! I hate doing it that late but got up late this morning...too late to bed last night and haven't had time yet tonight. I worked today...will be off on Friday! YEA! Been folding laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc since I got home from work!! Not sure how you get your exercise in Lisa!

Lucy...good luck with Atkins! I know how you feel about the scale! I hate the scale too! We all hate the scale, but remember that it is JUST a tool to help us measure our success (or in my case lately, failure!) That's why I hate it right now. It's my friend when I'm losing! ARGH! OK, let me reclarify that...I am NOT a failure, but i am not succeeding at losing weight righ tnow! Good luck! Great attitude!

Jennifer...OH NO! A chick with a PMS attitude AND a tazer! I had better watch it! Sorry to hear about your "processor" at work leaving. Was this an ally??? LOL! Hugs to you chickie! You still are my hero!!!

Alright girls! I am going to go workout! Right now! REally...I promise! UGH! I don't want to, but I know I have to! I will check in later with the results!

Hugs,
Julie