Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #31  

Good morning everyone! It is great to see the familiar friends from the V-day challenge as well as all of the new ones for Jenn's SF Challenge! You guys all rock and I thank you for keeping me going.

So, I don't know how to use this side of things except to reply in the post. I don't even know how to find it except clicking the link Jennifer sent me! I am so illiterate! Help someone please.....

I am doing my pilates dvd today and sticking OP strickly. I want to lose, not maintain this weight, right?!?

Food plan for the day: B-soy milk in cereal, S- banana w/ PB, OTL today and will make a wise choice....S-nuts and cheese, D-bocaburger with apple, S- yogurt and cottage cheese

Water is no longer a problem for me thank heavens...but I gotta stay strict OP for weight loss. I will do 15 minutes of weight lifting tonight as well. I have a muscular build and I know that if I will just work them, they will tone and help me burn off this fat I am getting rid of!

I will check in later today and see how everyone is doing. Have a great day and be healthy and smart in your choices!!!!!! C-
Old 02-17-2004, 11:51 AM   #32  

Thumbs down Ready to fling my fat for spring!

Thank goodness I found this site! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
My goals for this challenge are:
1. Loose some lbs for health sake!
2. Eat healthy and low carb.
3. Drink, Drink, Drink the H20 till I can't drink no more.
4. Walk everyday during my lunch hour at work.
5. Go to water aerobics at the pool 4 nights a week.
6. Love myself for doing this for me!
Old 02-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #33  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

mama mia, I like #6...something we all should be adding to our list of goals. And welcome to 3FC, as well as the Dpring Fling Challenge.

Afternoon peek-in as I drain my third 24oz glass of water. Will fill it again on my next trip back to the fax machine. That's the best part about my job...the cold, bottled water in the water cooler.

Hubby has 2 late appointments tonight, so I'm going to use that free time wisely- I'm going to do the Shortcuts Upper Body workout, and then put in the 2 mile WATP...see how I feel after the first mile- I may do the whole 2 miles, since I don't have to worry about being super-flushed at home.

A friend of mine mentioned tuna this morning & that sounded good...I'm thinking about making tuna with fat free miracle whip for dinner...toasting 2 slices of the Pepperidge farm light oatmeal bread, ans letting a slice of provelone melt onto the toast, followed by 2 oz of tuna on each piece of toast...open face tuna melts...with some of the no-sugar-added sweet gherkins. Mmmm...yes, that sounds really good. And when I'm done, I'll make more tuna so I can bring that for lunch at least 1 day this week.

Everyone, have a wonderful evening..stay OP...we can all do this together!

-Jennifer
Old 02-17-2004, 05:56 PM   #34  
VelmaKelly

Smile

Hi Everyone,
I'm in! I weigh 159.5 (5'4 1/2") and I would like to get down to 145 by 3/31, and then to 125 by 6/15. I'm 34 years old and my weight has always fluctuated going as low as 120 and as high as 186. It's time to bring it down and stay healthy so that I can fully enjoy life!

My plan is:

*Take yoga and kickboxing classes thru my gym at least twice a week (I just joined yesterday with some friends)

*Get regular exercise through walking or my Power 90 dvd on days that I don't go to the gym so that I exercise at least 5 x week.

*Keep carb count low (right now I'm on the Induction phase thru Atkins) but also keep the fat intake low too. I also count points (using WW at home) along with carbs. I realize it might be overkill but as long as I keep either range daily, I'm happy.

*Stay hydrated

Okay, I'm ready! I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it - I'm about to TAKE control...and I think I like it
Old 02-17-2004, 08:03 PM   #35  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Velma! That excitement is contagious!

I'm hyped now, but that's not how I felt when I got home. Arrrgh! What a day! I think everyone with a problem or an issue found my phoone number, or plopped down in my office. Take a holiday off, and 16 people leave multiple messages "Please call me back in 10 minutes- I've left you 3 messages...." Sheesh!

Well, I was agitated when I didn't get to leave work until 10 after 5. A client showed up, and the loan officer I work with told the receptionist I'd help him...but failed to tell me I needed to go see him. Soooo, after 10 minutes of him sitting there stewing, the receptionist called me, and asked when I was going to go handle *my* client. Then, hit traffic, and sit through several light changes to get nowhere, thanks to inconsiderate people. Ok, end of griping

Hubby worked late, so to fill the time, I made up for no exercise yesterday. Did the Shortcuts Upper Body workout, and increased the weights to 5 pounds from 3 pounds. I could feel the "wobble" you get in the muscle when you know it's tired. Hubby came home & caught me in mid butterfly. LOL I think he's surprised that I'm sticking to my program, and my challenge goals. I know that this is a lifestyle change, and maybe now he's seeing the extent of my commitment. When I finished the 30 minutes of UB, I popped in the 2 mile WATP, and did 1 mile of it. It's a little more challenging than the 1 mile tape, because of the more intense movements, so I did get into the fat burning mode. And luckily, I haven't done that tape enough to be able to quote Leslie (I'm worried about you Linda. I gotta tell you, she's a grandmother. Good looking grandmother. Go Randy.) LOL- yeah, I have lost it!

Dinner: prepared for tonight, and another prepped to bring to lunch tomorrow
2 slices light oatmeal bread, toasted
2 slices provelone cheese (allowed to melt into the toast...mmm)
4 oz tuna (making 2 open-face sammitches)
6 no sugar added sweet gherkins.

Mmmm! Mary had mentioned tuna this morning, and that just sounded good! No real cooking involved.

Now I'm off to kick off these sneakers, and kill an hour cleaning before "24" comes on & I don't blink for an entire hour. Have a good night, everyone, and catch you back here in the morning!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:09 PM   #36  
LucyKitty

I did good today.
For breakfast, I had a small granola bar (I'm not hungry in the morning so at least I ate SOMETHING instead of forgetting like usual heh).
For lunch, I had a bowl of Shrimp Pasta (which is yummy and has tons of garlic and shrimp in it so it's GOOD for me!).
All I've had to drink today are 3 bottles of water -- 1 to go to hit 64oz.

I dragged the exercise bike into the bedroom, where it belongs, and did 15 minutes on that. MAN it hurts my butt! I forgot how bad that was on a bony butt. (How is it I can be too fat everywhere EXCEPT the bony part of my butt?! Aggh!) So my butt hurts but that's okay.
Then I did 50 regular sit-ups and 20 of those side-style ones that work the sides of your tummy and back.

And now I'm chillin' out waitin for the hubby to get home. We're going on a 1-mile walk tonight with the puppy and having spaghetti for dinner. Yum!

A healthy day, all around. I'm proud of myself for kicking my butt into gear! Woot for me!

REMEMBER!! You don't just magically get motivation. You have to make yourself do it to GET that motivation. Once you get moving, the motivation and energy are there!

If you had a bad day today, get back on track tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:10 PM   #37  

Hello again gals! Day has gone well...my lunch was the low fat Asian chicken salad from Applebees without all the crispy noodles and the dressing on the side. I didn't get my afternoon snack in, and also added some veggie chips with my dinner, but I feel good about my choices. I have had my 100 oz of water and did both my WATP 1 mile and pilates DVD. My back is really sore from doing the pilates rolls....any suggestions? Kicked my own butt....yes I did!

Hope you all have a great night. I am watching "Intolerable Cruelty" while I am waiting up for hubby. I'll let you know if it is any good. Thankfully kids had showers this morning and that job is done for the night! Carefree in the evening works for me! I just have to stay out of the kitchen...no problems for now...I will have my yogurt and cottage cheese as planned and be happy about the sweetness there! C-
Old 02-17-2004, 08:11 PM   #38  
northernclipper

We have had two days in a row with no wind blowing, so I took to the road and had 2 half hour walks each day. I just got in from a 40minute walk tonight and will try again tomorrow if the weather holds. With this spring challenge I'm also trying to up my water in take and today I made it to 32ozs. I am hoping for a loss this Thur at ww.

It seems so long before the needle on the scale goes down. It doesn't seem as long to see it go up.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:21 PM   #39  
LucyKitty

Jillmommyc -- Pilates advice: They aren't actually that good for you, because you're stretching contracted muscles. It can cause muscle strain -- my massage therapist has seen a bunch of injuries lately from them!! If you are going to do them, though, make sure you aren't pulling on your back the wrong way.

If you're interesting in toning stuff, try the balance-ball. It's also GREAT for back pain. I have bad discs and a really messed-up neck, so I can't really move a lot, but the balance ball is AWESOME and I've seen great results.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:24 PM   #40  

Default Feedback...

Mama-I am with Jen- #6 rocks and I have added it to my list as well! Thanks for the thought!

Velma-What a great plan you have in place! I too have combined many different plans to make the one that works for me. I lost 13 lbs. during the V-day challenge and am attempting to lose another 13 for the SF. I think that is a doable goal. We are very similar, I am almost 34 and am 5'4" and currently weigh 163 shooting for 150 during this challenge. Ultimately I want to be 135-140lbs. I have a large bone structure and a muscular build, so much under that and I start to look a little sick. So, here we go! We can really keep tabs on each other and hopefully lose at the same times and stuff...I will watch your posts for your success!

Jenn- I love 24 so much I can't watch it during regular season. My mom buys it every year and we take a weekend and watch it non-stop until we are done. I just can't handle the suspense! I am sick, I know!

Lucy- Thanks for the words of encouragement! Motivation is truly bread from the energy spent doing the thing you are trying to be motivated for!!!! Does that even make sense? you know what I mean... LOL!

Clipper- Your day will come when that little needle can't help but smile on you...Hugs until then! C-

Last edited by jillmommyc; 02-17-2004 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:36 PM   #41  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default So far, so good.

I stayed on program today, (even have POINTS left over for the sugar free/fat free dessert my boyfriend made FOR me), I drank 72 ounces of water and have done everything except for any exercise. My goal was for 3-4 times a week and this IS my week end after all. And on top of my first OP day of our challenge, my beautiful niece had her baby today. She named her Bella Angelina and she weighed 8.2 pounds. Gorgeous baby, but oh is she big. Big feet and big hands and the deepest dimple in her chin too. She's a "FULLER FIGURED BABY!"
See all you bright chicks in the morning. This is the first challenge I've ever dedicated to, I think it's a good thing. A real good thing. Thanks Jennifer!!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:53 PM   #42  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Okay, I'm ready! I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it - I'm about to TAKE control...and I think I like it [/QUOTE]

We have a singer here folks...Where's Mel????
Oh Happy Day...
Old 02-17-2004, 09:23 PM   #43  
Marathon Goddess

Hi Ladies!

Today was good, all went to plan, I got my 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning before work, then ate well, only draw back I had a luncheon and I had planned and even made wise choices, but it must have had a lot of salt in it because after lunch all ive done is drink my water, which is good as well, so I guess it had its upside!

Tomorrow is running and weight day, also lunch with my family, it should be easy as they all know how hard Im working on this!

See you guys tomorrow!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 PM   #44  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Hey Chickies---First day back on plan. I did manage to get in my 20 minute bike ride this morning with some stretches afterwards. Nothing major, but yet it was 20 minutes I wouldn't have done otherwise! I worked 10 hours today. We had a Chili Fund Raiser for our Department (Activities) in the Nursing Home, so was preparing and doing that. Not the best food day, but could have been much worse. On my way to work, I did stop to pick up some fruit for the week. Was fresh out!
Food eaten today:
B-1 C cheerios, 1/2 c skim milk, 1 sm. banana
L- Chili, 1 oz. cheese, 2 T sour cream
Snack-1 chocolate brownie (not in the plan for today, will try again tomorrow)
S-Egg Salad Sandwich on ww bread
Snack (after I got home) 7 Low Fat Triscuits, 1 oz. cheese, 10 small grapes

I didn't weigh in today, but will tomorrow...but for the sake of being discouraged, I am going to start this challenge with my start weight from last challenge (which I'm probably pretty close to right now) which was:
CW: 181.5
SFC: 171.5
Overall Goal Weight: 130

To get to this challenge goal, I am updating/tweaking my goals from yesterday. Here they are:

*Exercise 5 times weekly for 20 minutes or more and do strengthening/toning at least 3 times weekly for 20 minutes or more for the first week, then increase cardio to 25 or 30 minutes the next week and add 5 minutes every week to cardio exercise until up to 45 minutes.

*Stop eating sugar by 2/24
-by using phrases like "It's only food" or "You will like yourself more later if you don't eat that right now" or "This too shall pass"...
-Visualize myself in a bathing suit this summer
-Remember all the bad things that sugar can do for us (make us fat, make our teeth rot, make us become diabetic, crash in the afternoons, etc.)
-Remember that I am more important than sugar ever will be in the eyes of God!

*Continue to do weekly meal plans and journal food eaten daily

That's it for tonight, chickies. Thanks for being here!
Old 02-17-2004, 11:33 PM   #45  

Default I'm in for the spring fling thing....

Sounds like a great idea. Can always use more motivation. My goals for this challenge:

- or WATP 5-6 mornings
- drink more water or clear fluids
- eat earlier dinner/stop night time snacking
- increase vegetable servings
- lose 5 more lbs

and away we go!
Closed Thread