April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Join our quest to create April showers of pounds lost.

Join the April Weight Loss Challenge to set your goal, track it, and meet it -- with the help of a supportive and encouraging group. All the goals will be compiled into a list. As each goal is met during the month, it gets turned RED in celebration.

This thread is for weight loss goals. For your exercise goals, check out our sister thread: April Exercise Challenge - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
  • I did not make my March goal.
    Im putting my 4/1 starting weight here 190.7
    Work is crazy for me for the next 15 days.
    I will make my goal -2.7 since I’ll only be able to work on it then last 1/2 of the month. If I get there, I will make a second goal.
    SW: 190.7
    GW: 188. -2.7
  • April goal: -1 kg, Weigh 20x

01: 84.7 kgs, 1/20
    02: 84.5, 2/20
    03: 84.6, 3/20
  • thanks Joy, I'm in please.

start: 14st 1.5lb / 197.5lb
    target: 13st 11.5lb / 193.5lb
    target loss: 4lb
  • Hi all! I tried and failed big time last month, but I am back to keep trying! I had a few days of extra calories and wasn't tracking like I normally do (and wasn't caring about tracking) and my weight jumped up. I figured in a day or so of tracking again it would go down, but it isn't. Oh well. I will keep plugging along. My weight today is 154.6 and my goal is 152.

Congrats to Big Fat Rooster, gardenerjoy, flower (for the 3 of 4 pounds), and MrBadger..being up 1 pound is better than 5!!
  • Hello all

I would like in again, and I hope all from last month are in again also. The more the merrier, that makes for a more interesting thread.

My weight this am is 227, up two lbs from my last March weigh-in. But my starting weight will still be 225.

My goal this month is to get down to 222, a loss of 3 lbs.
    Flower, your three of 4 lbs was still a marvelous achievement, keep up the momentum if you can
    Mr Badger, been there, dun that ! You are still keeping at it which shows you to be a winner Thanks for sticking with us, we need ya

Thanks all

BFR
  • Hi, it's been six days and the weight is going back down again. I was 151.4 this morning. I wanted to clarify when I said I gained 5 pounds last month after a few days of not posting. It wasn't even a few days of eating like crazy either...it was just a few days of not writing everything down. We had Easter and our family went out to eat to celebrate that and a birthday. I say this to make the point of how easily pounds can jump back up and how long it takes to get them back off sometime. Mentally we think three or four days to gain five pounds will equal three or four days to get it back off but our bodies don't work that way, especially when we are closer to our goal weight. Hang in there everyone and happy Eclipse Day!
  • Welcome, everyone!

Big_Fat_Rooster: -3 lbs
    gardenerjoy: -1 kg
    loganandlivsmom: -2.6 lbs
    MrBadger: -4 lbs
    WendyWants2Change: -2.7 lbs
  • I'm headed the wrong direction, but I have a plan to turn it around today!

April goal: -1 kg, Weigh 20x

04: 84.8, 4/20
    09: 85.1, 5/20
    10: 85.35, 6/20
  • OK, OK Joy, I give up! So what is that plan of yours? Will it work for us?? Anything short of not eating at all, I am interested

Your fan

BFR

• BFR: Okay. This is a bit weird, but I challenged myself to 90 days of:I figure that if 90 meetings in 90 days works for AA folks, this kind of structure and accountability might work for me.

I do think it's helping (today is Day 4), but today's dramatic loss came courtesy of dental implant surgery followed by a soft food diet yesterday.

April goal: -1 kg, Weigh 20x

04: 84.8, 4/20
    09: 85.1, 5/20
    10: 85.35, 6/20
    11: 85.55, 7/20
    12: 85.45, 8/20
    13: 84.6, 9/20

• I looked for a big thumbs up icon but there is none. So... BIG THUMBS UP

My scales gave me a one LB loss two days in a row so it looks like I have a chance of making my goal also.

Let's hear from the rest of you, how is it going for you?

BFR
  • Hi everyone: In the past 26 weeks I've lost about 22 pounds (almost a pound a week) but my weight loss has slowed in Feb and March and so far in April I'm going in the wrong direction. I haven't been putting in as much effort - ie - I've stopped tracking. I will try harder to track as it does help with more positive results.

Gardenerjoy: I'm in for April too, albeit a bit late. Congrats on your good loss I like your plan but I don't think I could weigh myself everyday as I find it to be a bit frustrating. I weigh myself about every 3 or 4 days.
    BFR: great job on your loss for 2 days in a row
    loganandlivsmom: great job on the weight going back down again. I can relate to what you are saying about not writing down what you eat. I've been lazy about my tracking and it interesting how tracking does help to have better results. I guess it makes us more aware of what we are eating.

My goal for April is to lose 1.4 pounds.
    SW: 154.4
    GW: 153.0

01: 154.4
    13: 154.8 (+.4)

• Welcome, flower1! Congrats on 22 pounds down -- that's a terrific achievement!

Big_Fat_Rooster: -3 lbs
    flower1: -1.4 lbs

gardenerjoy: -1 kg
    loganandlivsmom: -2.6 lbs
    MrBadger: -4 lbs
    WendyWants2Change: -2.7 lbs
  • Today I weighed 149.4. I am back down to what I was before Easter and the few days of not writing everything down and eating more calories. Again, it's amazing how a few days of extra calories can take two weeks of really watching the calories to get it back off again!

flower1 I am a big believer in writing down what I eat! I wish I learned this all the times I had joined Weight Watchers over the years. They always preached writing it down. We will forget some things eaten and under estimate our calories, especially since we don't eat the same thing every single day...at least I don't. LOL Congrats on the 22 pounds!!