Old 08-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #61  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/176/142

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks Lacerta and Sgregg! I like to shop at thrift shops and rummage sales it helps save on shopping for clothes. Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 194.2
CW: 189.4 (- 4.8)
GW: 184.2

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 267.4/167.6/150

Height: 5'7"

jolie: Thanks, maintaining is about all I'm doing right now

sgregg: I find fruit or a veggie tray to be a great addition to a potluck. Many people wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there, but will take the option if presented with it.

Week Four
22: 181.0
23: 180.0
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
---------------------------
Total Loss for Week Four:

I'm all over the place this month. Too much snacking and portion sizes that are too large. I partly blame the fact that it has been too inconvenient to trim the fat off my chicken to grill it due to the wrist splint, so I've been eating less protein and overeating everything else. My new goal for the month is just to make sure I end the month down something.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #63  

Week Four
24: 179.6
25:
26:
27:
28:
Old 08-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #64  
Back with a vengeance

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Whew it's been a week! It was my first week of working 6 hour days, 5 days a week and it took its toll on my personal life. I didn't exercise or write like I wanted to, I felt super lazy every day after work. I had a talk with my boyfriend because he noticed I've been a bit distant, and it just made me realize that I have a bad attitude after work! It's like I give myself a free pass just because I worked, but that's not right. I'll never achieve my personal goals if I don't push myself a little and my schedule isn't bad at all. I have plenty of time when I get home from work to be productive. Hopefully next week will be better.

The positive of this week was that I ate salads for 4 days! My coworkers always go out for lunch on a Friday so that was the one exception. I honestly didn't miss my sandwiches that much. However I didn't meal plan very well so I won't be having salads next week unfortunately.

Starting Weight: 194.6 lbs

Week One
01: No Weigh In
02: No Weigh In
03: 193.8 lbs
04: 191.6 lbs
Average Weight for Week One: 193.3 lbs
Total Loss for Week One: -1.3 lbs

Week Two
05: No Weigh In
06: No Weigh In
07: No Weigh In
08: No Weigh In
09: No Weigh In
10: No Weigh In
11: No Weigh In
--------------------------
Average Weight for Week Two: No Weigh In
Total Loss for Week Two: No Weigh In

Week Three
12: No Weigh In
13: 188.6 lbs
14: 189.2 lbs
15: 190.4 lbs
16: 190.4 lbs
17: 191.6 lbs
18: No Weigh In
----------------------------
Average Weight for Week Three: 190 lbs
Total Loss for Week Three:-3.3 lbs

Week Four
19: 191.4 lbs
20: 191.4 lbs
21: 192.6 lbs
22: 191.8 lbs
23: No Weigh In
24: No Weigh In
25:
Average Weight for Week Four: 191.8 lbs

Week Five
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
Average Weight for Week Five:
Total Loss for Week Five:
Total loss for August:

sgregg -
The worst thing about weight loss is having to buy clothes! I'm slightly lucky in a way because I have a whole box of clothes that I can't fit into right now but will definitely be able to when I do lose weight. I'm so excited that you're seeing shopping in a positive light now. Dark chocolate brownies, yum! I'm a sucker for dark chocolate, I used to hate it but have really come around to it.

jolielaideballoon - Sounds like you had a great birthday and I'm SO glad you feel no regrets. We're not going to be 100% on it 365 days a year, so it's best to enjoy those couple of days you let loose.

Lacerta - Maintaining is still an achievement!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #65  

Week Four
25: 179.8
26:
27:
28:
Old 08-25-2019, 11:41 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey, hey!

Hope your weekends have been restful.

I've been working all day today on teacher stuff...just little things that I needed to get done. It's kept my mind and hands busy though and off of food, so yay!

Lacerta, I agree with Riestrella...maintaining is definitely an achievement!

I said that I wasn't going to weigh in daily anymore, but I just can't help myself...I have to. Haha! I've done pretty good this weekend. I did go off plan Friday night and yesterday, but I have gotten right back on track for today. It's crazy how much people eat when not eating healthy. I have not found myself hungry much today. However, my kids and husband have been talking about being hungry all day long. I fixed them breakfast...less than 2 hours after that they were hungry. They ate lunch and then at dinner time I didn't even realize what time it was. My husband asked if we were going to eat dinner, and I was like, "yeah..." lol...I just don't have to eat as much as they do. I told DH that I was going to put the kids on keto so they wouldn't be complaining of being hungry all day. Ha!!

Riestrella, I wish I had a box of clothes that didn't fit that I could go into....I'm probably at my smallest that I've ever been since being an adult. Definitely an achievement! I went to Goodwill yesterday and found a few tops for a really good price.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #67  

Week Four
26: 180.2
27:
28:

So apparently if 180 was my goal, I've got this maintaining thing down cold. I'm happy with the way I'm eating right now, but apparently, it is maintenance for a 180 pound me. Therefore, since I want to be a <150 pound me (or at least a <160 pound me), I need to figure out what to change next in order to make progress again. I really think my biggest weak point is my breakfasts. I still eat Cheerios and waaaay too large a portion. I've been seriously considering switching to bacon and eggs, but I just hate cooking every morning. But if I did that every day and added another 30 minute walk or strength training each day (which I was working on before I broke my wrist, darnit, need to get back to it now that I'm healing) I could go back to losing a pound a week, without changing anything else. Even just changing breakfast without the walking would be enough to lose over 2.5 pounds a month. Plus, with more protein at breakfast, I might snack less throughout the day.

Maybe my first goal needs to be to make them once or twice a week. Actually, no. My first goal is to buy some and learn how to cook them in a way I will eat.

I guess a protein shake for breakfast is also a possibility. But the ones I've tried have all tasted like chalk and left me still hungry besides. So I don't know how viable that option is.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #68  

Week Four
27: 179.0
28:

Back tied with my lowest, so that is nice. I finally was able to make up a new batch of chicken yesterday, and it was so much better, I actually felt full all evening and didn't want to snack on anything. So maybe that will help me get back on track and actually get down something before the end of the month.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:19 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 211/208.2/120

Smile Last Post for August

SW: 211.6/33.5" Waist
GW - 8/14: 210.4
++Weigh In: 207.8
GW - 8/21: 209.1
++Weigh In: 212.8
GW - 8/28: 207.8
++Weigh In: 208.2/33.25" Waist

All right, the last weigh-in of the month, and while I didn't quite hit my goal of 207.8, I managed to bounce back from my birthday week gains and came within half a pound. Not the same as achieving my goal, but it's not bad. 9/24's goal will be right about 207 (206.9). Next month's big challenge will be actually starting that exercise habit. My workouts have been non-existent or sporadic so far. I've got it planned out, so it's just a matter of sticking to it. We shall see.

I'm proud of myself for bouncing back from the mid-month gains, and I'm encouraged by the waist change. It's also a good lesson that changing my lifestyle doesn't mean I'll never get to eat a whole pint of ice cream ever again (quelle horreur), it just means I can't do that every week. And if I don't keep sliding into bad habits, the weight will come back off. I've also noticed myself becoming more thoughtful about what I eat. I felt like I was doing pretty well before, but now that I'm weighing in and measuring every week, I feel like I'm getting better at noticing and resisting more impulsive eating: nomming on the forgotten sweet I find in the freezer, getting an extra pastry with my coffee, using more butter than I really need, etc. A good method I've found so far is treating myself basically like a kid: 'you can have more if you finish what you've got first,' redirecting my attention, congratulating myself on every little win, always having a more convenient healthy option, etc. Guess I just need to 'mom' the weight off.

Riestrella: Thank you for the encouragement! And it sounds like you're making some progress yourself, with the week of salads and figuring out the new work schedule.

Lacerta: Hope you find a solution for your breakfasts. Since you batch your chicken already, maybe batch-baking bacon would work for you? I tend to bake my bacon because I don't like frying it -- the grease gets everywhere -- and it's a hands-off way to make several pounds of it at a time. Made-ahead bacon and hardboiled eggs -- or even egg and bacon "muffins" -- might be an idea.

Sgregg: Oh dang, we're birthday week buddies ! How did I miss that? Sounds like you're pretty busy, teaching and cooking for everyone. Keto the children, haha. And nice on finding some cute tops -- plus-size shopping can be a pain.

Last edited by jolielaideballoon; 08-28-2019 at 10:20 AM. Reason: formatting
jolielaideballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #70  

Week Four
27: 179.0
28: 179.2
Total Loss for Week Four: -1.0

I was really hoping to see a 178 this morning. The last two days, I haven't been snacking nearly as much, and been really on track on eating again. It feels really good. I got a couple protein shakes to try and the one I drank this morning actually tasted quite good, so we'll see whether it fills me up once it gets to my stomach, or whether I'm starving by 10 AM.

Hopefully over the next couple days, I'll be down a bit more and at least get into the 178s for this month.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Lacerta, I think the bacon and eggs are a great idea! For me, eating plenty of good fats helps me keep from feeling hungry or the need to snack. Snacking is what makes me maintain. Even healthy (on plan) snacks because your body never goes into a burn-what's-on-your-body kind of mode. So, I've learned high fats, low carb, and moderate protein helps me keep going between meals. I usually go 4-6 hours between lunch and dinner. I've gotten to where I only drink coffee with sweetener and heavy cream for breakfast. Lunch is usually some meat and cheese or leftover dinner from the night before. I know you'll figure it out eventually.

Jolie, great job on almost meeting your goal! Glad to know you are making some healthier choices for yourself. I agree with what you said about keeping track makes a difference. That is one reason I come to this forum regularly. I have to keep track and talk (or type) it out. It just helps!

As for me....I cannot believe it's already Thursday. This week has flown by. I have a get-together tomorrow night with some ladies from my church. We are all bringing some kind of finger food. I'm looking forward to that, but still haven't figured out what I'm going to take. I need something simple that isn't going to take a lot of time to prepare. Guess I could do another fruit tray! Ha!
I saw 193 on the scale yesterday morning!! That's a new low for me. However, I got pizza last night for everyone so I'm probably up this morning. I didn't weigh so I have no idea if I am or not. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in for my biggest loser competition that I'm part of on FB, so we shall see how the pizza affected me then.

Well, about time to head to work. Catch up with you all later! Hope everyone has a successful, on-plan day!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #72  

jolie: I hadn't thought about batch cooking the bacon. How is it after it's been reheated? I've never been a big fan of reheated food, so this whole meal prep thing has been a bit difficult for me, but I'm trying to make it work, because it does help. For eggs, the only way I've ever been able to eat them is scrambled, so I'd still have to do that, as from what I've heard. reheated scrambled eggs get rubbery. And hey, your whole "momming the weight off" is called discipline. We all have to be the little voice in our own heads reminding us the right way to eat. Good job on getting some discipline. It will carry you when the motivation fades.

sgregg: My goal is to someday get to the point where I can have a small breakfast, but for now, it's the hungriest time of day for me. If I don't eat breakfast, I'm seriously hangry by around 9:00 AM. I'm trying a variety of things. Right now, I'm trying the shakes, but I do plan to get some bacon and eggs and try that too.

Bonus Days
29: 178.0
30:
31:
Total Loss for Bonus Days:
Total loss for Entire Month:

Today's weight was great to see. That's an actual loss for the month now, instead of just hovering around 180ish. The last few days, I have been really on point on eating AND I had a lot fewer calories for breakfast yesterday and today. Maybe I'll even be able to make the 90 pound mark by the end of the month. It's only 0.6 pounds away now. Also, I get to mark off a couple minigoals. I'm now below 28 BMI AND have lost more than 1/3 of my starting weight. :Woohoo:
Old 08-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 211/208.2/120

sgregg : Thanks!

Lacerta: Depends on how you reheat it. Microwave makes it a bit floppy, but it's nice in a pan. If you're heating a pan to make scrambled eggs every morning, thaough, it may not be worth it to make the bacon ahead of time. I hope you find something that works for you!
jolielaideballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:28 AM   #74  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/176/142

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good Luck, Everyone! It doesn't look like I will reach my GW this month but still got pretty close. I'm not weighing in on Saturday.
Thank You Lacerta and SGregg! Lacerta on 90 Lbs down and SGregg on 40 Lbs down! I'm down 75 Lbs from my highest weight! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 194.2
CW: 187.2 (- 7)
GW: 184.2

Last edited by VickieLou; 08-31-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:44 AM   #75  

Vicki: you've had an amazing summer. Keep up the great work.

Bonus Days
29: 178.0
30: 177.4
31:
Total Loss for Bonus Days:
Total loss for Entire Month:

I FINALLY got to change my avatar today. It isn't anywhere close to my goal weight for the month, but still feels really good to hit 90 pounds lost and feels even better to feel like I'm actually making progress again instead of just being stuck at 180. I feel like September is going to be a really good month.