Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #31  

Happy New Year everyone! I wish everyone the best of luck this year! I went over my calories yesterday, not sure by how much exactly but I'm calling it at 300 calories. Since I couldn't drink for NYE me and a friend went to IHOP, but they don't list the calorie info for their syrup so I just had to guess and I prefer to over guesstimate then under, so it might not have been that bad but oh well, I deserved it lol it was delicious btw. I have surgery in a few days so I have no idea whats going to happen with my weight for the next week or so but I'll hope for the best lol
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone; hoping you're all having a good start to 2019 with OP days!! I'm enjoying my walks to the office and back every day. Can feel my thigh and hip muscles working ... and hardening. Fingers crossed for a bit of a whoosh after stalling at 177/178 for almost 2 weeks. But whatever. The body's gonna do, what the body's gonna do! Even though it's only January, the weather is so mild right now I can smell spring in the air
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #33  
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. So far I've been 100% OP since Jan 1. I want this to be my year for success!

Follena: Great job on the walks to and from work and I hope you see a whoosh for all your hard work.

Have a great day everyone
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 267.4/186.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I had a good whoosh on my days off on the 31st and 1st, but then I started a strength training routine on the 1st, so now I'm suffering through DOMS and the water retention that goes with it. But still, I'm down to 204.2, so it's been a good week so far. I've been better than ever on my eating and I've been getting my walks in as well, despite being in the teens and 20s outside. So I'm sore, but happy.

somedaysunny: I always prefer to overestimate as well, especially since I know people are prone to underestimate everything they eat, so by overestimating, I'll likely be in the ballpark. So far, I haven't actually weighed any food on this journey. I've measured some, to get a feel for what 1 cup of whatever food looks like, but I haven't weighed anything. Eventually, when I get closer to goal size, I may have to go that route, but so far, so good without it. Good luck with your surgery.

Follena: I haven't been able to make myself walk to the office and back yet. It's only 2 miles, so it is totally doable, it is just such a boring walk, plus it is on busy streets, at least some of which have no sidewalk, so not really safe. I used to ride my bike back and forth and when it warms up a bit this spring, I might do that again. Good for you. How far do you walk to work?

GettinFit: Great job staying 100% OP
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #35  

Lacerta: sorry I answered you in the wrong thread LOL. I park about 5-6 blocks away from work downtown so I can walk up and back before and after work. Then I walk another 5-6 blocks up and back at lunch because I like to go to the shopping mall. I get good legs and butt from walking but need to do sit-ups and weights for my belly and arms.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:22 PM   #36  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening and Happy Friday everyone.

Lacerta - Congrats on a successful week. You are doing a wonderful job and you' getting so close to onederland.

All is going good with me. I have 4 OP days under my belt. I'm hoping for a decent W/I on Sunday.

Hi everyone else Hope you're having a nice evening.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:55 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 291/259/133

Height: 5'3"

SW: 266
GW: 252

29/12: 263
5/1: 264.5

Well that's not great! It's all water though. My legs felt swollen yesterday but now even my hands and fingers are puffy.
Newlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #38  

Im not weighing in this week since I had surgery Thursday so I left a - in this weeks spot
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #39  

Sunny: hoping your surgery went well and that you're recovering nicely.

I had a good day eating On Plan. Met a friend for coffee and tonight watching some tv. I downloaded a yoga App but soon found out it's not free. Then I started researching free yoga on youtube and came across Yoga with Adriene and she looks great! I have a couple yoga mats from when I used to take classes. So I'm going to start the youtube videos Monday January 7th. Tomorrow I'm doing a long walk around our lake. Can't wait to start my yoga!!!
Old 01-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 267.4/186.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Follena: 5-6 blocks sounds like a perfect distance. Keep it up. I actually have Yoga with Adriene on my subscribe list on Youtube, but haven't actually tried it yet, so I look forward to hearing what you think.

GettinFit: Thanks. Hope you had a good weigh in today

Newlyn: I've been retaining a lot of water as well. Between stress and new workouts, I'm a water balloon. Looking forward to spending a whole day peeing at some point.

Somedaysunny: Focus on healing. We'll still be here when you are all better.

For me, I had a really good few days over New Year's, and then managed to hang on to the loss all week, so I'm 3 pounds down from last Sunday. Yay.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

I just lost a perfectly good post to the system. It's the equivalent of "the dog ate my homework" . It's great to see so many folks in this challenge and kicking off 2019 with such enthusiasm !! Love it! As for me, I'm down a smidge to 206 and I'm happy to take it. I'm participating in a year-long health and wellness program that began in early October 2018. While this isn't a weight-loss program, one of the goals is to lose 7% of your starting weight over the course of the year. I began at 218 and am 3-4 pounds away from reaching first goal. I'm laser focused on meeting my 7% and then will re-evaluate to see what increment of weight I want to handle next.

Wishing everyone on their goals and congratulations to all who are already seeing their hard work pay off!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 200/195/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi everyone

This is the first time I've posted on 3FC.

My starting weight: 194
My goal weight by March 20th: 189

I'm taking it slow at hopefully losing 1/2 pound a week. I'm just getting (re)started. I have never been successful at losing weight, except for times when I wasn't trying to lose weight. Hopefully this time is different! Making small changes. (Except for this week I just started trying to follow the American Heart Association's recommendation for added sugar intake. That is a big change for me.)
Singinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #43  

Singinmama: welcome to this thread. I just noticed we are all relatively close to each other in weight on this thread which is kind of cool. I like your attitude about reducing sugar
Curvy: congrats on being 3-4 pounds away from your first goal. Luv your dedication to losing your 7% over a year.
Lacerta: I started Yoga with Adriene tonight and just loved it. Well. Let me be clear. I was breathing like a woman in labor, my poses weren't pretty, and a couple times I felt my stomach get in the way But overall, I love the relaxation it brings me afterward. I tend to hold stress in my upper back. I'm doing her 30 Days of Yoga ... all free on youtube and tonight's was just 30 minutes. My cat was so cute while I was doing it. She leisurely passed under me during downward dog
Old 01-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #44  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening everyone

Singinmama. Wishing you much success on your journey.

All is going good with me. I'm sticking to my program and getting my workouts in. I'm hoping for a good W/I this week.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:24 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 145/145/118

Height: 5'4"

I weighed 145.2 this morning, Id' like to be down about 10 lbs by the end of this challenge. I lose about a pound a week.
maylay03 is offline   Reply With Quote