Old 12-26-2018, 08:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 267.4/186.0/150

Height: 5'7"

curvynotlumpy and Gettinfit: Welcome!! Let's all get to Onederland together. Love having you both here at around my same weight so we can all motivate each other.

Follena: I love the goal dress plan. I have one too that I hope to get into soon. I also have a pair of goal shorts I hope to fit into by spring when I can wear them. I also try to do 2 meals a day, but I actually have an easier time on my short days and days off. I struggle most on my 8 hour workdays, as I have trouble working them into my schedule. Way to go on the $69 haul at the thrift store.

bg124: I don't think 5 pounds a month is all that slow once you're within 50 pounds of your goal. A pound a week is basically my goal for this year, and that's less than 5 pounds a month. Keep it up and that becomes 50-60 pounds in a year. Very respectable.

I'm off to a decent start. I've made it past Christmas and am still down over a pound so far. Got a lot of heavy lifting in today at work getting things boxed up for the new year to make room for next year, and had a pretty healthy dinner of grilled chicken, grilled asparagus and about 200 calories worth of fettuccine alfredo. I'd never tried grilled asparagus before, only steamed. I liked it a lot. Going to do that more in the future. It was a good day.

Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:59 PM   #17  
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

Follena - Thanks for the words of encouragement! I've finally had a 100% OP day.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #18  
Stay Strong!

Morning! I hope everyone is having a great week!

Lacerta, I agree because most weeks I find it is hard enough just not to gain. One pound a week net loss is usually just good luck for me unless I'm holding water. LOL

Thanks Follena. The only way I can not eat in the mornings is to have coffee. Otherwise, I'd be white knuckling and still do some days.

I was going to weigh in on Fridays but I noticed a 9 day gap on the sheet to the next weigh in and I'm still up some water weight so I guess I'll just wait. Maybe I should choose the lowest of each week? I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep weighing daily though. I'm debating this at present.

I hope you all have a nice rest-of-the year!

Last edited by bg124; 12-27-2018 at 09:48 AM.
bg124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

GettinFit: YAY for 100% OP days. I can't stress enough how important OP days are ... for my and everyone else's weight loss.
bg124: I weigh myself daily only because it helps me stay honest with myself. Even if the weight goes up a bit here and there, I'm fine with it, because we don't lose weight in a linear fashion. But it truly is a personal decision. Other peeps feel weighing once per week is plenty or even once per month. I know that an over-eating binge monster resides somewhere deep within LOL. So daily it is for me.
Lacerta: past Christmas and still down a pound WHOO HOO!! I'd say that is both weight loss and NSV. Mmmm grilled chicken and grilled asparagus. I'd love to know how you make your grilled asparagus. Seems I've only like it with loads of cheese sauce on top. It's so healthy so I want to like it more. With all that heavy lifting, you're going to be our amazon woman. Okay my imagination is just too developed...lol
I hope your cold is improving

A beautiful day because I slept well and my son came over yesterday to hang my brand new tv on the wall. Can you believe I haven't owned a tv for years? Gradually the kids bring me into the new century ...
Today I go to the drug store to refill a prescription and for the rest, laying around I'm not ashamed to say HA! I'll have my huge avocado chicken omelet and supper will be my chicken/cheese with salsa meal. I'm really liking the chicken/salsa in the slow cooker and then 15 minutes with cheese in the oven. It's so incredibly tasty. I wish everyone a great OP day.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:08 PM   #20  
Stay Focused & Committed

Lacerta - I don't know how I missed your welcome post yesterday! Thanks so much and I am excited for all of us to reach onederland. I am looking forward to celebrating our accomplishments.

I hope everyone else is having a great day! Mine has been so so today. The weather was yukky here and I was not able to go for my walk nor did I feel like doing a DVD. Tomorrow will be better.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 291/259/133

Height: 5'3"

SW: 266
GW: 252

29/12 263

First WI of the new season and it's a good one! Definitely not a typical loss but I'm happy to see it after weeks and weeks of bouncing around 266. Fingers crossed it doesn't rebound...
Newlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:33 AM   #22  

bg124: You can do whatever works for you. This isn't a competition, so use the chart in whatever way you want. Average weight for the week would be the most accurate, but you could also do lowest weight of the week, or weight on a given day. I record what mine is on Sundays, but I do also track my average, and that is a better indicator of progress, really. Some only weigh in periodically, so don't update the chart every week, and that's ok too. Just consider it a tool to see loss over a longer period of time.

Follena: Honestly, I didn't do anything at all. Washed it, cut the ends off, blotted dry and threw on the George Foreman for 5 minutes. Ate them. That's it. I just really like asparagus. I did pick up some Extra Virgin Olive Oil at the store this morning and going to try tossing them in that with some salt and pepper this week and see how that is. I've never been much for seasoning, I tend to like my foods unseasoned. I grill my chicken and eat it plain as well. Boring, I know, but I like it just fine that way. I actually searched the grocery store aisles this morning for some frozen broccoli that DIDN'T have cheese sauce on it, because I didn't like the one last week with the cheese. Not a fan.

GettinFit: Snowed here yesterday and I didn't do my walk either. I agree, today will be better.

Newlyn: You're on a roll right now. Way to keep your loss today.

For me, this week was a roller coaster. I saw as low as 205.4, and was in the 205s 2 different days, but then bounced back up into the 207s, which I assumed was water weight from DOMS, but it hasn't come back off yet. But this morning's weigh in was 2 hours early, so hopefully I drop back down again the next few days, just in time to get into my busy week at work.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #23  

Lacerta: thanks for asparagus method. That's great you like it so much because it's healthy. This week's been a weight roller coaster for me too .. for no explicable reason. I return to work Wednesday and will have to be smart and bring my lunches.

I bought two nice steaks for when I have my friend over for supper New Year's Eve. Which is tomorrow already wow. I bought one potato so I can bake it for her because I know she loves baked potato. Me, it will be steak and veggies. And a nice coffee with cream afterward.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:18 PM   #24  
EES

S/C/G: 157/149/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'd like to join the challenge! I'm setting my goal as a 10 pound loss. I plan on continuing clean eating, low sodium, and I NEED to find a motivation somewhere to work out. 30 day shred has been good for me in the past so I may start that up daily along with some walks 3x per week.

SW: 157
GW: 147
EES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:16 AM   #25  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello everyone and EES

I hope everyone is off to a great start. I had a slip up yesterday but I have put that behind me and am working on having a good Monday!
Old 12-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #26  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

S/C/G: +24/+12.6/0

Ooh! I missed this until finishing up the Delicious for December one. I'm in and hoping to hit my first goal weight.

Starting weight: 157.6
Goal: 145
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:53 PM   #27  
Stay Strong!

Congrats Newlyn!

Welcome EES and CoolMom!

Follena, that is great that you can weigh daily and accept the fluctuations. The steak sounds delish!

GettinFit, great attitude! I think if we only have one slip up this time of year, we are doing awesome!

Lacerta, olive oil makes everything taste good to me. I've never had an asparagus that I didn't like, but I rarely can find good prices. I know pan frying cauliflower in olive oil is my favorite method of cooking it so I'm sure your asparagus will come out great.

Great idea about the averages! I quit putting that in my personal spreadsheet, but my scale and my fitbit give me those. I have updated my starting numbers to reflect the average and will update my personal sheet.

Last edited by bg124; 12-31-2018 at 12:55 PM.
bg124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

and Happy New Year's Eve everyone !

Lacerta, I completely overlooked that you had a spreadsheet attached to this challenge so I just entered today's weight as my starting weight. Wishing everyone much success with their personal goals for this challenge and all through 2019!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:26 PM   #29  

Oh thanks Curvy, I missed the spreadsheet attached in first post too. All fixed.
Figured out two things I can improve on ... more water and less cheese. I drink way more water when I'm in the office. Have to remind myself more when I'm at home.

Good luck in January everyone!!
Old 12-31-2018, 08:00 PM   #30  

I love seeing so many people on the spreadsheet. It makes me excited to see so many people wanting to get healthier in a very visual way. Here's to a healthy 2019 for all of us.