Old 03-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Default Weekend thread

I can't believe that it is already Friday! I am making these threads for the weekend to help keep me on track. Anyone is welcome to join me!

I am really anxious to get to my goal, I want to be as strict as possible to see if that speeds things up.

I have had 9 WW points (get 23 a day) so far today and am trying to figure out what I want to eat for dinner. I have my first official WW weigh in tomorrow so I am excited!

We don't have very much planned this weekend so that is in my favor. We have had a few low key weekends in a row now, very unusual!!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #2  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi kfunk and kay
Ok, my challenge for the weekend is that today is my 50th birthday (Saturday)! Some celebrating to be done. Tomorrow morning i'm on a couple of flights and go away for work for either one week or two weeks (depending on a customer-schedule for the second week), so this is all going to be a bit tricky to negotiate. I think my target will be to not gain until I get back home. Wish me luck.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Well, this time I remembered the weekend thread. I had changed my weigh in day from Monday to Friday, thinking it would make a difference. Joke's on me. For whatever reason, I had a mini binge yesterday so I'm back up a pound today. I just can't win.

I really did well today, back on track. I'm starting to get a little hungry but I have some tuna salad left over from my dinner so I think I will eat that. Protein and lettuce. I didn't drink enough water today but I'm so cold I don't want water. I want hot tea.

Kfunk, I'm keeping good thought for you that you have a good first WW weigh in!!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #4  

kay I'm glad that you are joining me again! The great thing about your water gains is that they should whoosh away soon, drink tons of water to help speed things along! I hate the days that I gain for no reason. It seems to happen a couple different times throughout my monthly cycle.

ange HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope that you had a great one! Traveling is always so hard. I really like your goal of maintaining until you get back home. You can do this!! All the good choices add up, no matter how small they seem!

carol I am glad that you remembered the thread!! I am sorry to hear about your mini binge, but excellent job turning it around today!! I hear you on the cold, I am so over winter!! Your tuna salad sounds really good!! Do you put anything else in it other than lettuce and tuna? Thank you for your positive vibes with my weigh in tomorrow!

I am all done eating for the day. I came in right at 23 points, and was able to have a subway sandwich, first time in a very long time and it did not disappoint!

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with salsa
pineapple chunks, honeydew and cantaloupe chunks
Lunch: homemade pizza with mozzarella cheese
celery sticks
Snack: banana
Dinner: 6 inch Tuna sub on 9 grain bread

I would really like to work out at some point this weekend so I think that will be my goal!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy to join everyone this weekend I don't have much planned other than maybe sort through some more clutter (it seems to be never ending ...) Tonight for dinner is chicken and veggies. I went for a 4 mile walk today which included several hills so got a pretty good workout. I'm planning another walk tomorrow with a walking group and we might be doing 5 miles.

kfunk: good luck at your weigh-in tomorrow!

ange - happy birthday!

wannabehealthy - good for you for getting right back on plan

kay - that is so annoying when you gain for no reason

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last edited by flower1; 03-09-2018 at 10:58 PM.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Happy Birthday, Ange!!

Kfunk, my tuna salad was from a restaurant. They have very good tuna salad. They put chopped celery and hard boiled eggs in it, with not a lot of mayo. I don't like it soupy. You can get it as a tuna salad sandwich, or like I order it, generously scooped high on a bed of salad greens, strips of green pepper and sliced cucumbers. It's a very big salad. We eat early, around 4, so I like to eat half of it at the restaurant, then bring the rest home to eat later on when/if I get hungry. When I make tuna salad at home I don't put the hard boiled egg in it because DH doesn't like it that way. One thing I like about this salad. I don't put any dressing on it because I just have a bit of tuna salad with each bite of salad. Saves me some calories.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:44 AM   #7  

flower hiii!! Great job on your big walk, hills kill me! I hope your walk today goes well! I LOVE de-cluttering!! It makes me so happy to get rid of things we no longer need, feels liberating!

kay good morning!!

carol that tuna salad sounds amazing!! I am going to make some this weekend. It should be pretty low in points! How is your day going so far?

Thanks for all the good vibes for my WW in. I ended up with a 3.8 loss for the first week, but the weight I started at was a bit heavier at the time due to water retention.

We are off to run errands now, hopefully we will only be gone for a few hours though. I am going to bring a banana just in case I get hungry. I feel very satisfied at the moment!
Old 03-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #8  

Kay thank you! Lol it took me a minute to figure out what you meant...I really like “falling back” much better than “springing ahead”

We are still out running errands. On a whim we stopped and toured the YMCA and ended up with a family membership.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:35 PM   #9  

kfunk - congrats on your WW weigh-in - great job

kay - I laughed out loud (lol) about the 1 less hour to eat this weekend

I just did a 2-mile walk today instead of a 5-miler.

Last edited by flower1; 03-10-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #10  

flower Thank you! Great job on getting in 2 miles, that's 2 miles more than I did

Kay The Y membership will be perfect for this week since we are on spring break. I am hoping that we will get a lot of use out of it in the summer, but we do have the option to put it on hold because we will probably be spending a lot of time out on the lake instead. We went after supper last night to swim and it was fun, I came home and went to bed right after the kids!

Great job hitting your calorie range! The scale is so fickle, hopefully you can see the differences in the way your clothing fits and how you are feeling until the scale decides to cooperate.

Yesterday I hit 23 points exactly:

Breakfast: fresh fruit
4 scrambled eggs with salsa
coffee with almond milk and 2 tablespoons of coffee creamer
Lunch: 2 fresco chicken tacos
chips and cheese
Dinner: Tuna wrap
celery sticks
Snack: banana
Old 03-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #11  

Today has been good so far. My water consumption is on track and I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. We are going to eat finner and then take the kids swimming.

I hope that everyone is having a strong finish to their weekends!
Old 03-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #12  

kay thank you!! 3 miles a day is really good and also, you did an awesome job of keeping your calories on point! Glad to hear that the water retention is making its way out!

My weekend finished up pretty well, so hopefully can keep that rolling throughout the week!
Old 03-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #13  

Hi Kay and kfunk. You ladies sound like you did quite well on the weekend. I don't think I did as well - I got into the chocolate almonds. However, these were sugar-free choc almonds so I felt a bit better about eating them. I might work on not having sugar free choc almonds as often. Previously when I wasn't eating anything with sugar in it, I didn't buy any sugar-free candy at all and I just relied on eating a piece of fruit to satisfy my cravings and it worked really well. I find that even when I eat sugar-free I still get cravings for something sweet. I think this is because it is still sweet and I think it is best to rely on a piece of fruit instead. However, this time around, I didn't want to be quite as strict with myself.

Having said all that, I found a recipe for sugar-free gummy bears. The only ingredients in this recipe are sugar-free jello, plain gelatin and water. I will let you know how they turn out, but first I have to find some gummy bear molds
Old 03-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #14  

flower For what its worth, I agree on being less strict with yourself, just look at how far you have come!! I especially think that since this is a way of life now! You will have to let us know how the SF gummy bears turn out!! I love the idea of 3 simple ingredients!
Old 03-17-2018, 10:59 PM   #15  

I forgot to make a new thread this weekend and since it is almost over I thought I would just add on to this one.

Today was a good day. I had a good workout at the gym and my points were much better than yesterday. I went 3 over today.

Yesterday started out as a great day and then by dinnertime I fell of the tracks. I brushed myself off and put it behind me.

Tomorrow I plan on getting in a longer workout and staying under my point limit. I am hoping that the water weight drops off very soon!!