3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Join now! - slap down the winter pounds - 2018 challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/314822-join-now-slap-down-winter-pounds-2018-challenge.html)

MorningGlory1950 02-15-2018 08:56 PM

I was finally able to weigh in at Weight Watchers yesterday and was very disappointed. My weight remained exactly the same. I have given up diet pepsi, am drinking 100 ounces water, eaten mostly whole foods and am exercising moderately.

I was told to "mix things up." Try new foods and juggle the amount of points consumed per day using weekles.

I guess it is a plateau...and I must surrender and trust the process. I just want a little recognition in the form of weight loss :tantrum:

Okay enough complaining...I'll keep plugging away. I will look at this as maintenance training.

stlrsgrl43 02-15-2018 09:09 PM

Morning Glory, when I lost 60 lbs a few years ago, I weighed and measured myself and although I hit a plateau and wasn't losing weight, I was losing inches and sizes so sometimes results come in different ways. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

MorningGlory1950 02-16-2018 09:15 PM

stirsgrl43 ~ Thank you for your kind words of wisdom!

ange82much 02-17-2018 12:48 AM

to add to what stlrgirl43 said, when I used to use the fat% measurement on my scales, it usually happened that when my weight was plateauing my fat % was going down, and then when my weight went down the fat% plateaued. Don't know whether this makes sense medically or not, but it was a definite trend - so MorningGlory1950 if you've been on track, then you'll be improving yourself somewhere other than the scale for sure.
The scale-whoosh is also on its way!

grannynancy 02-17-2018 05:42 AM

Morningglory - I know this is tough. Stay the course. Have faith if you know your plan should work and give it time. I am in the same kind of slump. Very slow. Verrrry slow. This does happen. Time and time again I hear those who succeed are those who persist.

magistra17 02-17-2018 11:13 AM

Morningglory I know how you feel. My weight loss has been very slow for a few months now, and that's hard to live with. My mind is in a hurry to lose this weight, but my body is not. Our bodies need to plateau every so often. Dieting puts stress on the body and so it needs a chance to heal and to adjust to the new weight. If we persevere and stick to the plan, the body reaches a level of adjustment and then the weight begins to drop again. Keep going! It will happen for you. :hug:

ange82much 02-17-2018 04:34 PM

I've lost 100g this week. That translates to nothing! Guess it's not surprising after how much I lost last week (which was enough for 2 weeks) but looking forward to seeing some movement soon. On the positive side I wore some clothes that I haven't fit in to for 6 months to work on Thursday. On the negative side, those clothes were always traditionally my 'fat' clothes!! I reckon June/July is to get to target....

stlrsgrl43 02-18-2018 11:40 AM

Woohoo, down 4 lbs this week, I have reached my step goal everyday except yesterday, I was 2,000 steps short.

flower1 02-18-2018 01:07 PM

I had a good week and was down 1.2. I increased my water intake from 2 liters to 3 a few days this week and also added in the stationary bike to my workout one day this week. I usually walk about 5 or 6 days a week. I may try to do the bike twice this week plus my walking.

stirsgrl43 - congrats on your big drop this week and also on your steps.

MorningGlory1950 02-18-2018 01:20 PM

To all: Thank you for your encouraging words. After a bit of a pity party, in other words - binge - I am back in the game.

I am so happy for all of us that we remain focused and we are not giving up...minor setbacks, disappointments or plateaus... these are temporary. Onward I go with new resolve.

Congrats to those who are losing or trying to - I am looking forward to April 1!!

stlrsgrl43 02-18-2018 08:35 PM

Looking at the spreadsheet, looks like alot of people have quit this challenge.

ange82much 02-18-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrsgrl43 (Post 5349963)
Looking at the spreadsheet, looks like alot of people have quit this challenge.

Just the hard core left :D

grannynancy 02-19-2018 06:28 AM

Hello good morning. Another day in stall-land. Down 0.2 so I will take that and I used Ange82much's comment about fat %. I do measure every few weeks with a handheld Omron meter realizing they do have their limitations but always first thing in morning and mine has dropped 2.2% since Feb 5th. I am "feeling" thinner and actually dropped down one size and am now in a 16P (now don't get me on the P I have a average inseam and am 5'6" so who knows?). I also forecast my weight at 148 with 20% body fat. That would be a good place to be.

I had to laugh. I have some old women's clothes I held on to from the 70s. Very well made not dry rotted. Some are ILGWU [the old ladies here will know what that means. You don't get that now] Size 10-12. TODAY these same clothes would be size 0-2. People really have grown in size girthwise in the past decades. I still have a men's gore tex parka size XS I am hoping to eventually get back into as well. And some great wool sweaters that have been in cedar shavings for decades.

Morningglory is the 1950 relates to your age I am right there with you . We got to be kind to ourselves and realize that persistence does pay off. It really is demoralizing to be so good and not see the scale really moving. So many times I hear of people going through this and one day it just breaks and they start losing again.

Stlrsgril - congrats on your big loss. WOW 4lbs!

Ange82much - well, you really can't complain. You have done phenomenal!

curvynotlumpy 02-19-2018 02:54 PM

:wave:

I hope you're all having a good Monday. Weight is still at 209 but admittedly was so busy with very early morning and late nights last week, that I haven't done much to move the scale. I baked some chicken last night for lunch salads this week. Now all I have to do is assemble.

stlrsgrl43: So I wasn't imagining it? The list of participants is shorter. Big :congrat: on the 4 pound drop and meeting your step goals! Well done!

grannynancy: I always like to hear about others' experiences with clothes old and new. Several years ago when I was at my lowest weight (around 140) and best shape of my life, I was wearing a size 10 and approaching an 8. I traveled back to my parent's home that summer and found a pair of shorts when I was cleaning out old clothes that were a size 16 and snug on me. Talk about a balloon buster! :rofl:

stlrsgrl43 02-19-2018 03:28 PM

Thanks everyone, having trouble getting my steps in today. I am very tired for some reason, prob because i at pizza yesterday but my plan is to get in what i can then tonight i will walk the treadmill until i make it to 10,000. My goal is to have my steps everyday this week