3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Join now! - slap down the winter pounds - 2018 challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/314822-join-now-slap-down-winter-pounds-2018-challenge.html)

stlrsgrl43 01-28-2018 03:54 PM

Ok, sounds good. My weight today is 221. A little about me...I lost 60 pounds about 5 years ago, eating 1500 calories a day and following the new rules of lifting for women program. Then became lax and gained it all back so I am starting over. My plan is to go the same route, but it seems harder this time around. So, here's to some motivation.

ange82much 01-28-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannynancy (Post 5346922)
NO FAIR! you don't get whooshes when you are losing so well. <<Just kidding>>

Well, how about swapping whooshes then? I'll take your 4+lb instead!
Wow - what a week you had! Big congratulations, that's a fantastic result. You must be really pleased...:carrot:

munchey 01-28-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrsgrl43 (Post 5347151)
Ok, sounds good. My weight today is 221. A little about me...I lost 60 pounds about 5 years ago, eating 1500 calories a day and following the new rules of lifting for women program. Then became lax and gained it all back so I am starting over. My plan is to go the same route, but it seems harder this time around. So, here's to some motivation.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...AT/great_4.gif

Stlrsgrl43:
Thanks for sharing your story. Many of us can relate to similar situations. It's way too easy to back slide and slide away from good habits. You are right, it does get harder, as time marches on. I have to keep reminding myself that "it will never get easier than now".

You are all set up on the spreadsheets and with a weigh-in for today. All you have to do next week is to make a weight entry directly on the Weigh-In Sheet. Hope you have a good week!

grannynancy 01-28-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ange82much (Post 5347153)
Well, how about swapping whooshes then? I'll take your 4+lb instead!
Wow - what a week you had! Big congratulations, that's a fantastic result. You must be really pleased...:carrot:

That feels good because of the past 3 days two were without HCTZ and one was the new very lose dose of 6.25mg. That dose is cutting the lowest dose pill in half and will probably be maintained for awhile. I am certain much of that was weight from the preceding week where I lost 1.2lbs but I am very consistently eating about 1100 calories and walking about 12,000 steps a day.

munchey 01-28-2018 09:57 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...UNNY/dance.gif

I've just been coasting this week. I got in 2 days of walking mileage at the horseback riding center. I reported to help on a 3rd day, but they didn't need me, so I went for a long walk instead. I didn't make it to the gym this week. I didn't do well this week with portion control - lots of room for improvement there.

It was a hot and windy day today, in the high 80's. I got to Costco, just a few minutes before it opened, but I didn't succeed at avoiding a crowd. Geesh, then my truck wouldn't start, when I went to leave. Luckily, I had just recharged this portable power device that is supposed to jump your battery, or recharge your phone or other electronic devices. After two tries, I succeeded in jumping the battery. I suspect I have an alternator problem, so got to get into a repair shop this week. I've got the battery on a charger now. Hopefully I can defer getting into a repair shop until Tuesday.

I've become less fond of Costco, over the last few years. They are evolving into carrying more and more organic products, while discontinuing some nonorganic versions. Organics are fine, if they offer a choice. I'm finding more and more situations where they don't offer a nonorganic version that I bought previously. I don't mind paying a little more, but some of the products are a whole lot more. I did a little research online and read that Costco is outpacing Whole Foods Market, with selling organic food. The joke about Whole Foods, is that it becomes the "whole pay check" market.

Sam's Club had been my go-to place for grocery shopping. It was nice, havin g a location less than a mile from my home. It was my "fast-food source" for rotissery chicken. Sadly, my store was one of the locations they closed. Now, I have to travel over 5 miles to get to an alternate location or go to Costco. Looks like I'm going to have to adjust my shopping strategy. Oh well, nothing ever stays the same.

Ange82much:
Congrats on having a great week! I hope you have manny more.

Curvynotlumpy:
Eating on target will pay off at a later weigh-in. Holding steady always pays off. Hope you have a good week ahead.

Flower1:
Good job - 1.2 lb loss is great!

MorningGlory1950 01-28-2018 10:14 PM

Congratulations to all of us...perseverance is key!

I still remained the same this week. However, I am working on my binge behavior and can honestly say that I only binged 4 times this month (1/12, 1/13, 1/14, and 1/15). So I had to work really hard to get that gained weight off before Wednesday weigh in day at Weight Watchers. I am expecting a loss this week...I consider myself a "turtle," but now that I am tweaking the new Freestyle program, good losses should follow.

I love to read all the recipes...thank you all for keeping me on the straight and narrow :hug::hug::hug:

ange82much 01-29-2018 01:09 AM

know what you mean about the organic veg munchey it's a nice idea but just not sufficiently practical for everyone - costs too much, and just doesn't last long enough in the fridge (disclaimer: I work for a chemical company lol, so i'm not objecting to a few 'improvements' with preservation etc and avoiding insects).

munchey 01-29-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ange82much (Post 5347205)
know what you mean about the organic veg munchey it's a nice idea but just not sufficiently practical for everyone - costs too much, and just doesn't last long enough in the fridge (disclaimer: I work for a chemical company lol, so i'm not objecting to a few 'improvements' with preservation etc and avoiding insects).

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...OD/science.gif
My Costco has gone way beyond organic produce and are now heavily into organic canned and packaged products. They used to carry one of the lowest calorie pasta sauces. Now they carry the same brand, only it's organic, higher calories and more expensive.

I wish more food brands would concentrate more on providing lower-calorie options for products and that retail stores would carry more of the lower-calorie options that are available. It seems that the gluten free and organic have become readily available, but I don't see the same enthusiasm for low-calorie, healthy foods. There is lots of press, however, about "obese Americans".

The one concern I have about fresh organic produce, is that there is a higher rate of foodborne diseases associated with them. The latest scare was thought to be with romaine lettuce, although they didn't identify a specific brand/source. I eat salads daily and I buy a lot of romaine lettuce. I keep eating my greens, and don't react, unless I hear a report that nails down my brand and origin.

Since I have a history of ulcerative colitis, and flares are part of my normal, I try not to let my imagination run wild. The majority of food-born illnesses just have to run their course for most people, unless you have an extreme reaction.

Heidi58 01-29-2018 02:37 PM

Hello!

Great work everyone! I do enjoy reading your posts! :)

munchey, I hear you. I like organic and bought my berries and other "dirty dozen" items organic when I could. Now that I've got a compromised immune system I would rather take my chances with pesticides than risk the higher likelihood of listeria or the like from organic produce. (I still choose organic frozen when I can.) I hate the thought of someday getting to the point of not having choices....

160.0...... my scale is taunting me! lol I haven't been in the 150's since my daughter's wedding and I am foolishly excited. Ah well, maybe tomorrow!

grannynancy 01-30-2018 08:34 AM

Sorry I have been MIA - been fighting something. I think it is a bad cold and not the flu.
Will catch up with personals when I feel better. Still maintaining the drop

The problem with so many organic vegetables is large scale production with organic pesticides etc may not be any better. If the soil quality is not truly improved with good compost/crop rotation etc I am not sure the plants are as nutritious. I know nutrients in plants are less than they used to be. I try to grow what I can but seasonally it is not enough and I don't have enough space to grow all our food. I will say that I have found Whole Foods prices have dropped since Amazon bought them and are in line. I tend to buy produce there because of the freshness and quality .......I know the produce we grow is soooo much better!

Reputable link for my assertion.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...utrition-loss/

stlrsgrl43 01-30-2018 11:38 AM

SO, yesterday was a good day, I was on point with my calories at under 1500 and completed the first workout for "NRLW" , although i was under my steps at 9000 for the day, I feel pretty good about what I accomplished. My sodium intake was high so gonna watch that today.

munchey 01-30-2018 01:14 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ng-4031381.gif

The weekly stats appear on the chart below.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! Thanks to everyone who is still participating. As long as you are still trying, you are still in the game. I try to look at these challenge as a competition with myself and my improvement opportunities, as opposed to spending too much time comparing my progress with others. We all have to conquer our own specific battles.

Congrats to Ange82much, who continues to stay in the lead position. Chub is now in 2nd place, with GrannyNancy in 3rd and Blondiecj and Flower1 very close to that 3rd position.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...%201-28-18.png

PLEASE NOTE: If you did not provide a weight entry for this week, you won't appear on the chart. If you provide a weight entry next week, you will appear on that chart. A red weight/lb entry indicates one of the following: Participant did not provide a weight entry for that weigh-in, or participant provided a weight after Monday.

flower1 01-30-2018 02:22 PM

ange82 - congrats on maintaining the lead position:)
grannynancy - congrats on Onederland - amazing job

ange82much 01-30-2018 02:59 PM

thanks munchey
thanks flower1
well done stlrsgrl43!
hoping this isn't a hare/tortoise comp, but i'll definitely be losing more slowly from now on as my diet started at the same time as this comp, so it always starts easier to lose a few lb at first, and then gets harder!
Still on plan though but working overseas all next week so that will definitely be a challenge.

munchey 01-30-2018 04:06 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...y-emoticon.gif

Heidi58:
Thanks for sharing about your view on organic produce. I like to keep a supply of frozen vegetables. It's always handy to have that quick option available, and I understand that generally, frozen is healthier than canned. I think there is some issue with some chemicals in the can lining, for canned foods.

GrannyNancy:
Congrats for holding onto One-der-land!

I'm sorry your haven't been feeling well. It's hard to tell, sometimes, between a cold or flu (especially if you have a mild version of the flu). I came down with something in December, with an extreme sore throat and a cough that is still lingering (to a much lesser degree). I hope you recover soon.

Thanks for sharing the link to info. about produce nutrition decline. Good to hear that you grow some of your own produce, as possible. Generally, nothing better than home grown. Do you preserve some of your home crops? (canning, freezing, deydrating, etc.).

MorningGlory1950:
Congrats on making progress with binge eating. I can relate to those times when food becomes the "go-to" substance for stress relief, or you have a craving that's hard to tame. I hope the "Freestyle Program" works for you in the long run.

Stlrsgrl43:
Congrats on having a good day yesterday. It can be quite motivating. I hope the run continues!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...motivation.gif