Old 01-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #1  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Default The Old Fashioned Way

Hi,

I am Kristiina.

I was at 3FC a few years back and with this group's help, my own commitment, and having all stars lined up perfectly, I lost loads of weight. About 40 pounds

Then life happened, major setbacks, injuries, got hurt, which all brought on depression, I gained and gained. Now I have about 60 pounds to shed.

Well, I am back, and I intend to do it the ole fashion way; eat less, move more.

I would love to have some company, if not, I will keep talking here to myself.

I have tried basically every died known to man, now at the nice and youthful but wise age of 49, I sort of know what works for me. I am taking little bits and pieces from many diets. 1) Sugar is my enemy! 2) No gluten and no fake gluteny products 3) Gotta get off this couch. I will concentrate on real foods. I will not fear real cheese (in moderation) or milk products, I will eat plenty of good fats like avocado, coconut oil for cooking, TONS of veggies, good and healthy protein. I will move everyday and push myself a bit. Not too hard at first, because I really don't want to get injured right away.

Lastly, I will respect myself. I deserve to be healthy, I deserve to have a healthy body with healthy weight.

This is me. I am 49 years old, as of Jan first I weigh 179.8 pounds, I am 5'3".

Today 1/6 I weigh 177 pounds.

My meal plan for the day is

Bfast
Over easy egg
veggie medley sauteed in coconut oil
green tea

Lunch
Curried chicken stir-fry

Dinner
Oven baked salmon
broccoli/cauliflower/carrot/onion bake

Exercise
3.6 mile brisk walk - 4.2 mph speed
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I am an old fashion as well. No secret pills or plans. An hour of cardio 5-6 days a week and calorie reduction through more protein, more veggies, less carbs, less alcohol. I only plan to do this reduction once, so I needed to do it in a way that changes the practices and bad habits that got me 70 pounds over my best feeling weight. I have been at it 5 months to lose, then I took Nov and Dec off and maintained, now I am hopefully in the final 10-20 pound push. Good luck to you!
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 137.8 22~% / 21.0% / 15%

Height: 5'4 1/2

Me too... Good old healthy eating... Except that I don't mind the gluten. I do 6 small meals, avoid sugars and flours, and eat more protein because I do some heavy lifting. Not perfect here, but was able to maintain through November/December. On with the losing now!

Last edited by stronggal; 01-06-2017 at 02:35 PM.
stronggal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #4  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Nightowlrn Amazing results!! Wow! I am very happy for you! And I will draw strength of your story.

Hello neighbor stronggal , I live in Michigan -- I have a gluten allergy...boo! But the "fake" products were getting me into trouble, all that corn flour etc. so I am cutting it all off. I started back at the gym, I have gone now twice But I went, religiously, before my back injury, 3-4 times per year for two years. So I will get back into it. As you can imagine, I am quite sore today
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #5  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hi Sum It is good to see you... I have been gone for a year and a half too and of course gained weight! But I know what you did before and all those MILES and MILES of walking you did (always blew me away). I know you can do it... I know it! (Me too) Hugs to you and I will see you around the threads! (Sue)
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Take is slow Sum. Don't injure yourself. You can do it and it isn't a race. I wish I was a better walker....
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #7  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Me too! I don't follow any specific program either, but a few losses and gains have taught me some things. Great choice, and look forward to hearing more! 😀
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sum! I remember you from when you were here before. I've been away for awhile myself and am getting back at it in the new year. I'll be losing by calorie counting and light walking. At least that is the plan for now. I'm planning to take it slowly because I don't want to live in deprivation. Welcome back! And hello to everyone else. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #9  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Sum I'm just coming back (yesterday) ... weighed in at 190.3 on 2/1. I need to go as low carb as possible. Carbs aren't my friend. I can't stop at some so I will do my best to eat properly.

Today was a good day minus the caramel corn that I got into ..

today's weigh in 189.8 (-0.5)
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #10  
=)

S/C/G: 230/219/170

Height: 5'8

Hey Sum! Im doing the same. Im doing HIIT-spin bike, reducing calories/eating less processed and increasing water! Glad to see some folks doing it the old fashioned way!!
ThisIsMyRealName is offline   Reply With Quote