Old 01-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #16  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Rosinante ~ So sorry for the loss of your mum. Grieving can certainly wreck havoc with our physical condition as well as emotional. Please take care of you now.

I, too, under stress can gain a large amount of weight in a very short time. I have been known to gain 12 pounds in a week due to binge eating.

What type of food plan are you on now, since you have experimented with carbs and determined you are sensitive? I am the same, and know I am addicted to sugar. As long as I stay away, the "cravings" or as I now call "crazings" (originally a typo on our Medifast Round 2 thread) are barely present. I eat about 80-100 carbs a day.

Whatever you choose, I think this new challenge will definitely be effective in getting you back in gear! Good luck!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:33 AM   #17  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Rosinante ~ So sorry for the loss of your mum. Grieving can certainly wreck havoc with our physical condition as well as emotional. Please take care of you now.

I, too, under stress can gain a large amount of weight in a very short time. I have been known to gain 12 pounds in a week due to binge eating.

What type of food plan are you on now, since you have experimented with carbs and determined you are sensitive? I am the same, and know I am addicted to sugar. As long as I stay away, the "cravings" or as I now call "crazings" (originally a typo on our Medifast Round 2 thread) are barely present. I eat about 80-100 carbs a day.

Whatever you choose, I think this new challenge will definitely be effective in getting you back in gear! Good luck!
Thank you, Joyce, I really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear others can gain as fast as me! And I love the word "crazings", sums it up exactly!!

I'm eating the same carbs as you are ~ all from veg, or a little fruit, and occasionally porridge oats. Well done on your loss so far! Very impressive
Alice
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:10 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Rosinante- so sorry to hear of your loss. Best of luck to you and everyone else in this challenge.

I lost most of my weight in 2016 but would like to join this challenge to keep myself accountable and to try and lose the last few pounds. I gained a bit between Xmas and now.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:57 AM   #19  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower1 View Post
Rosinante- so sorry to hear of your loss. Best of luck to you and everyone else in this challenge.

I lost most of my weight in 2016 but would like to join this challenge to keep myself accountable and to try and lose the last few pounds. I gained a bit between Xmas and now.
Thank you.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Well....this stinks. Was pretty much on plan all week long, even getting by butt to the Y Thursday after work for my first body pump class in a year and then the weekend. The opposite of what one might think though. Didn't have much of an appetite so not a lot of food on top of Saturday being a "lazy" day and making it my off day of exercise not realizing that Sunday would be an unplanned crazy busy day and not sitting still for the first time until after 7 pm. All of that equals a lousy 1.4 pound gain for the week. The fact that I slept soundly for just over 4 hours and then woke up wide awake unable to get back to sleep adds to it. Having this Fitbit has helped me so much in learning what my body needs: good food, exercise, water, and SLEEP. Take any of those out of the equation and its not good. More than 1 and prepare to say hello to a few extra frienimies in the form of pounds. Good news is that I have finally figured this out at the ripe ol age of 48 (post menopause) lol

I hope that everyone else had a good week...either by receiving that reward on the scale or by figuring out how to make it happen next week. This is just the second week of January. We've got this ladies!!!
Plainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #21  
Happy Plodder

Well, I've lost a staggering 6lb this week. Bear in mind that I'd regained a massive 52lbs in under 6 months.... Even so, I'm glad that I've turned it round and am heading back in the right direction.

Keeping up the motivation We can do this!!
Old 01-09-2017, 11:17 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Plainsgirl, if you have it figured out at the ripe old age of 48, please explain it to me. I am waaaay older than you. Menopause has been long gone.

I am up already. I have until the 15th to post my weight for the week so I'm holding out for a loss. Pray for me, please. I need it.

I would love to look like the girl in my avatar! LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-09-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #23  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Just checked in to log my first update on the spreadsheet...wow, so many people are doing a great job! Congrats to everyone checking in! I had a fluctuation and had a gain from yesterday, which is a bummer...BUT, I'm still down 6.6 lbs for the week, so that's still good progress. Hoping to keep it up over the coming weeks!

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #24  
Jesus, I trust in You

rosinante and opheliaphoenix ~ Congratulations to you both! 6's must be the winning numbers! You both have achieved fantastic first challenge week results!

to each of you!
Old 01-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #25  
Jesus, I trust in You

Plainsgirl~ Your attitude alone assures that you will do well in this challenge! Just watch, by the end of this week you will definitely show a loss.

You nailed a successful program in four words:

"good food, exercise, water, and SLEEP"

Thank you for sharing!
Old 01-10-2017, 03:19 AM   #26  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
rosinante and opheliaphoenix ~ Congratulations to you both! 6's must be the winning numbers! You both have achieved fantastic first challenge week results!

to each of you!
Thank you!!
Old 01-10-2017, 05:13 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 215/215/160

Height: 5'5

Default Low Carb 1|10|17

Today I'm going to start my low carb diet. Almost like Atkins, but I'm going to stay in the first phase for a couple of months. I'm not counting net carbs though... I'm counting carbs period.... No more than 20g a day. For years I've told myself this is my year.... I'm going to reach my goal weight this year.... And last year I did alright but gained almost all the weight back. I love myself but I want better for myself. And I'm going to do it this time. I think the low carb will be good. I fell off track last time because it was my first real, working diet and I hit plateau and just lost it and quit. But I understand now. And I'm ready #160 here I come.
SW:215
GW:160
👑👑👑
AlwaysTheBigGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:37 AM   #28  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

So great to see the thread active! The last challenge became very quiet towards the end (which is normal) so it's great having people to talk to again. I just got back from my trip to Wales to see some friends. I had a wonderful time hanging out with them and exploring the city (Cardiff), even though the place itself wasn't that exciting and weather was pretty grim it was great being in their company. I ate a lot of food, but also balanced it with a lot of walking. My first week weigh in was 168.2 lbs, but today I weighed 167.8 lbs so a 0.4 lb drop. I'm pretty happy with that!

I'm feeling pretty drained and tired today, think I might be coming down with a cold, so forgive me for skipping on personals. I get right back on it when I'm back to a normal schedule and feeling myself again!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:24 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Good morning ladies. Wannabehealthy......Lol....I do that a lot....get ahead of myself....I guess trying to give myself a pep talk...In my HEAD I have it all figured out. Why can't I get the results on the scale??? LOL. Life. Because of Life. This time last year I went to work, came home, and sat in my chair. Eating crap and not lifting a finger. I was knee deep in depression with no energy and just calked it up to "winter blahs" until early spring when I finally went to the doctor and get labs taken. Estrogen was waaaaay down. I was NOT in the very beginning of "the change" that I thought it was (my mom was 52 when she went into it so I thought I had a few years to go...) but basically at the finish line. Other than the proverbial feeling like a giant flaming stove during hot flashes and a 10-15 pound weight gain that seemed to come out of nowhere (and I cant pry off with a little exercise like I did 10 years ago..) I think I have come out of this relatively painlessly. All I can do now is repeat those 4 words in my head as my new mantra: good food, exercise, water, and sleep. Oh. And this one I hate cause this time last year I really, really liked my wine....limit alcohol (read WINE)to no more than 1 or 2 glasses EVERY FEW WEEKS. The added sugar/carbs go straight to the tummy. Ugh. Lol.

Congrats to everyone who have had such a great beginning to this challenge!!! It gives me hope. And something to work towards. I don't know if I can lose 6 pounds (6's seem to be the magic number around here...lol)but I sure can work towards it...am I right?!?

Work. Body Pump, sitting with friends from work as they sip their Margaritas (they are going right after work...I have committed to myself to 2 classes a week and Margarita day clashes with that. Must be strong!),supper, and then couch time for "This Is Us" before bed.
Have a great day ladies!! We've got this!!!
Plainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Ladies! I keep popping in and then life gets hectic and I disappear. I don't know why I did so good for two years and now I can't make it a couple months. Sigh... Anyways, I want to do better and I know I can. I would really like to get back down to 230/220's this year, if not more.

Best wishes for us all this year!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote