Old 10-18-2016, 03:44 PM   #136  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Chunkalunkka, I always forget to take photos lol but everyone elses will start to pop up in the next few days, so I will post some as soon as I get some I had a night out in Leipzig and a night out in Bremen. We didn't have any days off so every day was a travel day. All my pics are of the venues lol.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:47 PM   #137  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post
Chunkalunkka, I always forget to take photos lol but everyone elses will start to pop up in the next few days
I'm similar!

I'm easily delighted with travel pics. Even just one picture of a door or something would dazzle me.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Scotsgal!
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 210/187/135

Height: 5'5

Will you be doing a Thanksgiving Challenge?
Kestere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #140  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestere View Post
Will you be doing a Thanksgiving Challenge?
I'll be doing a Christmas challenge which will run through thanksgiving!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I am joining the party a bit late, but better late than never!! I had my annual physical exam yesterday and my doctor told me that I am pre-diabetic... My A1C was 5.8 and I do not want that number to increase!! My weight is also at the highest it has ever been. Many years ago I lost about 75 pounds but over time I have gained that plus another 50. Time to get serious about this again and get myself healthy again! I want to live to see retirement!!
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #142  

Welcome karen. I am relatively new here and have found this challenge super encouraging. Thank you Riestrella! I know there are a few times I went that extra bit just because I knew I had a monday weigh in soon and wanted to see - in print - movement in the right direction. I hope you find the challenges equally enjoyable.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #143  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone! Happy hump day!

Weight is still holding at 172 lbs ish, it goes up and down depending on what I've eaten/if I've drank enough water. I'm happy to see that even though there are fluctuations it's not as dramatic as seeing the scale go up to 174 lbs. I think it shows that if I get off track, it's only a little bit.

Exercise wise I'm doing very well! I've ran 3 times a week for the past 2 weeks and today was my 2nd of week 3 of 4. Today was a 26 minute run, so the short run of the week, but it was my fastest pace so far. I also had the longest running intervals today and the shortest walking intervals, I definitely worked up a sweat and felt out of breath by the end.

Life is good, I was going to go out to a film community gathering on Monday but prioritised work instead. I ended up just "picking" at the scenes I was supposed to edit rather than doing productive work, so I felt pretty bummed out that I had stayed in to work and not done much. But the boyfriend gave me a pep talk the following day and he's right - some days are just gonna suck but then there'll be days where I'll be on top of things.
Yesterday a couple of friends came over and we played some board games with them. Seems our life is surrounded by board games now, which I love! I loved them as a kid but my family weren't that bothered by them so I never got a chance to play with anyone. We had a lot of fun and they seemed to have a good time too, which is nice. They're super enthusiastic to hang out with us again too, always a nice feeling!

Tonight I'm going to a family friends house...she's a fantastic cook and she's making us buttermilk cooked pork?! I might be remembering it wrong, but it's going to be decadent I think.

Challenge news - The Delicious for Christmas 2016 challenge spreadsheet has been made and will be opening up its gates on Halloween! We'll get 1 week from October 31st - November 6th for the final weigh in, which will overlap with the Christmas challenge Starting Weight week. Since I got my act together halfway through this challenge I'm excited for the Christmas challenge!

-----------------

Scots - Yup, absolutely fine to jump across threads! It's unusual for the 20-something forum to be so quiet, things have definitely changed! How was Germany? You were quite excited to be around a lot of guys I recall .

Chunk - Woohoo, well done! Here's a link to my travel pics from Kyoto if you like travel pics! I took a nice camera and love looking back at these.

econ nerd - Welcome welcome! There's another challenge opening soon so any momentum you gain here can be carried over . I think you've got the right motivation in mind, sometimes it takes hearing some shocking news to snap into focus and get going. Sometimes it can be a picture, sometimes it's medical results. My advice to you would be to reset your mind, try not to hold yourself to the same standards as when you lost the 75 lbs. Forgiving yourself for the gains and moving forward is the best way to start.

NightOwl - You're very welcome, I'm so happy to know that this challenge has pushed you to stay on track! That's why I do these

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-19-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #144  

Drat! I hope others have a more encouraging scale than I woke up to this morning. I am happy I am solidly at my goal for this challenge, but I "should" be a few pounds less. BOOOOOO On the bright side, despite the scale number, my clothes fit better this week than last and I biked 93 miles last week and generally kept to my plan. So, I am hopeful the weight is water....

NSV -- I went through my closet and boxed up a lot of clothes that no longer fit. Then, I went through clothes that used to be too small and found themselves worked to the back of my closet. I am a solid 14P now (down from 18W going on 20W), but am also fitting 12Ps !!!! That is yyyuuugggg for me as I have lots of work clothes size 12P. woot-woot.

Riestrella - It is great to know you are enjoying life, exercising, and feeling good about your weight progress. I don't know if I will be able to do the next challenge. I will be out of town 5 of the weeks between Halloween and New Year. But, thank you for planning on doing it.

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 10-24-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #145  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 7 Charts everyone! Sign ups are now closed. The next challenge will be posted on Halloween!

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge chart:
Old 10-24-2016, 10:23 AM   #146  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

It sure is getting quiet around these parts! Hope y'all are doing well.

This week I've seen the scale slowly creep down, my lowest and last weeks official weight was 171.6 lbs down from 172.2 lbs the week before. Despite it being a small number, I'm still so proud of myself that my weight is going down and not up! Plus, any fluctuations are now happening in smaller ranges rather than gaining/losing 2 lbs overnight because of weird eating habits.

Yesterday I got back on schedule with my work, I had been behind schedule for SO long and I had an epic work day. Felt great to catch up! I did have a cheeky margarita last night to celebrate. My BF makes tequila infusions and I like his pineapple marg in particular. So after getting back on schedule with work he offered to make me one as a mini-celebration and I accepted. Once again I'm drinking sugary drinks at night! For every sip of the marg I drank I also drank some water, so I think it helped somewhat. BUT, I need to be stronger and just stick to water! Weight was up to 171.8 lbs, which is only a 0.2 lb gain but definitely not the direction I want my weight to go!

Today I'm going on a run with the pup, it's gonna be my longest run and then the 5K is on Saturday! That came around fast!

------------------

NightOwl - Despite telling yourself you should be lighter, I think you should focus on the progress you've made, which is amazing! And if your smaller clothes fit it's because your body is still changing despite the scale not reflecting that. I just tallied up your measurements, you've lost 9 inches total, congratulations! Oh wow, 5 weeks away, where are you off to?
Old 10-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #147  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

171 lbs on the dot today! A 0.8 lb drop from the last weigh in. Woohoo! Seems so strange to be getting so excited about these little drops compared to some of the biggest losers in this challenge, but that doesn't stop me from feeling happy with my progress.

Yesterday I started the day with a long run, I messed up my walking/running intervals somehow so I ended up running more. I must have written it on my arm wrong! Then the BF and I went shopping, when we went to the car park someone told us our car was leaking gas. Sure enough there was a huge pool of gas right under the tank. It's an old car and we spent a small fortune fixing it up in Colorado before we left, but we've been getting all sorts of strange problems since we moved it here. She does NOT like Georgia apparently! We thought we'd have to tow it, so after dropping off the shopping and letting the pup out I headed back to the car park to wait with the BF. We must have been there for about an hour and a half, then we realised that the leak had slowed significantly so with our mechanics advice we drove it ourselves (it was just a couple of miles down the road to the garage!). Thankfully we saved some money by cancelling the tow truck, but we've no idea how much this fix is gonna cost. The mechanic has a theory that it's rust due to the change in climate...fingers crossed it's not a big job. We decided if the price to fix it is close or more than the value of the car then there's just no point in doing it. Luckily the BF's dad sold us his old car, which is a 2008 BMW and in great condition, so we have at least 1 reliable car around. Still, Subaru only has 170k miles and people in CO always told us it'll probably live to see 300k if we're lucky.

In times like these I try and think of the bigger picture, despite how annoying this is it's just a car. At least we're both safe and healthy and we're not the ones leaking!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:07 AM   #148  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 Charts Everyone! I'll be leaving the spreadsheet open for Halloween week, then posting the results next Monday.

Overall Charts:

Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:
Old 10-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #149  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

So on October 29th I did my first ever 5K! Usually I do 10K's, but I entered the 5K as a way to gently ease my way back into running. I managed to complete all 3 runs a week leading up to the event, which is a first for me since I usually end up missing one or two.
My boyfriend was a real trooper, he dropped me off, waited for me to finish and took me home again. Bless him! The venue where the race began was wonderful, it was Rhodes Hall in Atlanta. The race wasn't that big, I think there were about 400 runners so it was a relatively small race, lots of people dressed up in costume and it was a dog friendly course so even some of the dogs wore costumes! I think next year I'll have to dress up too!

The course was hilly!! I've complained about hills on race courses in the past, but this was by far the worse. If you know me, you know I hate running up hills . Unfortunately I did end up walking for small portions of the course, I knew that I would probably be faster power walking up the hill vs. trying to jog up it. I tried to make up the difference on the downhill portions though. I finished in 34:21 at a pace of 11:04 min/mi. Considering I only trained for a month and my current weight, I was pretty happy with the result. I also came 22nd in my age group and 128th overall - not too shabby!

Here's a pic of me before, after and my new t-shirt (that's very soft and nice to comfy to wear around the house!)

I'd love to do this race again next year when I'm lighter and faster!

Today and tomorrow I'm going to be putting the finishing touches on the film I've been editing for the past month. It's almost coming to an end, huzzah! Though I am scrambling a bit at the last minute I'm happy to almost be done. The next couple of months I'm working on a project that I'm really excited to be apart of (and there's money involved, at last!). No fun Halloween plans today, unfortunately, just working. Maybe a horror film later!

Good luck for the last week guys!!
Old 10-31-2016, 10:34 AM   #150  

Riestrella. GREAT news on the 5k. I am jealous as I cannot run or my right knee swells. Nice tee-shirt and you look great!
Good luck on the editing.

Thank you again for this challenge. I know I am a few more pounds lighter for it. My last 3 weeks have been challenging due to travel and a few parties, so I am thrilled to have just not gained. My work travel is 1/2 of what got me to my weight crisis to begin with. But, now I am figuring out how to figure it out. Last week, I walked 2 miles every evening and had a salad at lunch to make up for dinner out. When I got home Friday I was sad to see I left Monday at 158 and returned Friday at 162.6. Horror!!! But a weekend of lots of water and 50 miles on the bike got it back dow, so it had to be mostly water retained from salt in the dinner meals.

I will join the xmas challenge, but will be gone for the last 3 weeks of November. I will miss the 14 and 21 Nov weigh ins. My november goal is to maintain, but I hope I can shave a few pounds off in December. Santa is bringing me an indoor bike.

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 10-31-2016 at 10:36 AM.