3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   WeLike to Move It~Move It! Join us if you have a Fitness Tracker: Fitbit, Garmin, etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/308760-welike-move-%7Emove-join-us-if-you-have-fitness-tracker-fitbit-garmin-etc.html)

lovemylife001 03-30-2016 11:53 PM

Good Evening Everyone :wave:

Hope everyone had a great day! The week is half over :cheer: Oh, how I love my weekends lol. Today's steps were 10,154, barely made it. I had three meetings at work today.

Have a great night everyone. I'll be back tomorrow :wave:

Curvycurly 03-31-2016 01:21 AM

Hey everyone! I barely made it today. Didn't make it out for my walk so I had to pace around my kitchen for a bit haha. Will be sure to get my walk in tomorrow.

Steps: 10,043
Active minutes: 52

Laura705 03-31-2016 04:30 PM

Afternoon all. I hope you're all well. Sorry I don't have time for personals, just a quick catch up:

Tues. 11,543, 65 active min.
Wed. 9,345 steps, 57 active min.

Today's going alright, hope to hit my 10k. Tomorrow I'm taking a vacation day, so it'll be unlikely...

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone! :running:

Tuscany 03-31-2016 06:51 PM

Yesterday’s steps: 10,547. I was able to take another walk outside yesterday, which helped.

lovemylife: I love my home gym, in part because it’s upstairs in an unused bedroom with lots of windows and a nice view. But, like you, I prefer to walk outside. No dog, however. It’s just me and my music, since my cats aren’t fond of walking on a leash!

CurvyCurly: We’re lost without our phones. What would Alexander Graham Bell think if he knew how important the phone now is to our lives? We even tell it when we’re going to sleep! Oh, and I too often find myself pacing around the kitchen just to get my step count above 10k!

GMNEVO: You don’t seem to have any problem keeping up with those steps!

Missy: Sunny weather is a great pick-me-up!

Laura: You’re allowed a vacation day now and then!

lovemylife001 03-31-2016 11:42 PM

Quick one for me tonight. It's been a long rainy day lol Today's steps were 10.869 :woohoo: Everyone is doing so great. Let's keep it up for the month of April and beyond. I can't believe March is over, where did the time go :shrug:

Have a good night!

Tuscany 04-01-2016 07:01 AM

Yesterday's steps were low, only 7,915. It rained all day, plus I had to take my car into the garage and deal with a furnace repairman at home. There went the day! Hopefully today will be better.

Have a great day everyone!

Laura705 04-01-2016 08:57 AM

Morning all. Happy Friday. :carrot :

GMNEVO - Zumba, so fun! I've done those classes many times & love that kind of music. That got you moving!

Trina - That's quite a home gym you have! I use to have a treadmill and a "health rider" and we had a trainer we put our bikes on for indoor rides, but right now i just have a bit of small equipment - hand weights, kettlebells, big fitness ball, bosu, etc. Convenient, but there's nothing like getting outdoors for a walk or bike ride.

Curlycurvy - Glad you found your phone. Lol re the step benefit from the search. :D.

Missy - Good job on getting in the run. I sit all day too, so it feels great to get my commute steps after work.

Tuscany - Good job getting in the steps! Ha, yeh I can only imagine what inventors would think of how their inventions have evolved - phones, tv's, cars, etc.

Hi Dee! How's the hand healing?

==
My steps yesterday were 12,367 with 71 active minutes. I'm on vacation today and am planted on the sofa at the moment so we'll see how steps go...

Have a great Friday & a wonderful weekend! :) :running:

Curvycurly 04-01-2016 10:59 AM

Had a very off day yesterday. Steps were only at 5737. I was stuck in meetings all day at work and when I came home I wasn't feeling well and went straight to bed. I'm determined to make up for it today!

lovemylife001 04-01-2016 11:46 PM

Today was a nice and pleasant day. Tomorrow and Sunday they are talking snow :brr: I hope that they are wrong. Last Sunday it was almost 70 degrees lol. Today's steps were 10,858 :yay:

Laura I do love being outdoors as well :exercise:

Have a great night everyone. I'll be back tomorrow :wave:

Tuscany 04-02-2016 07:25 AM

Yesterday's steps were 13,657 (I needed to make up for the day before!)

lovemylife: They're also forecasting snow where I am for Sunday and for quite a few days next week. I'm tired of winter and I WANT spring NOW! :mad:

Curvycurly: Hope you're feeling better!

Laura: I hope you enjoyed your vacation day!

bjm321 04-02-2016 12:42 PM

Hi everyone! Life has been crazy and I haven't checked in for a while.

Thursday's Steps: 13,850
Friday's Steps: 5,773 :(

Tuscany: I hear ya. It's been snowing where I live too! Nice jobs on the steps despite the cold!

Curvycurly: Hope you feel better soon!

lovemylive & laura
: Great job on your steps yesterday!

Laura705 04-03-2016 11:39 AM

Morning all. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Friday's steps were just 4,441 with ZERO active minutes. :( It was a very ho-hum vacation day, but we did get the dog in for a bath at a place that offers self- service dog bathing. Even if steps weren't involved, it still felt like exercise!!

Yesterday's steps were 6,604 with 20 active minutes. Low again, but I did a workout video in the morning before my hair appointment. And doggy & I got out for his walk even though the weather was awful - chilly, super windy, and yes, snow. Boo!!!

Curlycurvy - Did you make up for Friday's steps yesterday?

Trina - I sore hope it's warmer today - we're forecast to get to almost 60 today. Great job on the steps!

Tuscany - April is when I expect some spring-like weather & no more snow. Mother Nature, please give us a break! Whoohoo on the steps. :)

Hi Missy!!

Enjoy your Sunday!! :running:

Tuscany 04-03-2016 07:31 PM

Yesterday’s steps: 11,009, as a result of an outdoor walk, a second workout in my gym and a bit of grocery shopping since my son and his girlfriend came over for dinner. After dinner, I took life easy and we watched a movie (Hachi…which always makes me cry!).

Missy: Nice to hear from you again!

Laura: I can just imagine how many active minutes would have been involved in bathing your dog…not quite as many as I would require to bathe my cat, but still! :D I find fitbit doesn’t do very well on the active minute front. For example, I never get any active minutes when I use my elliptical, since I use it at a moderate pace, but at the highest resistance. To me, that’s a lot harder than going a bit faster at no resistance (for which fitbit does give me “active minutes”). Fitbit only seems to recognize the pace…it doesn’t recognize the resistance. So, I don’t put much faith in active minutes! Perhaps one of the fancier fitbit models would do better (I have the flex).

lovemylife001 04-04-2016 11:43 PM

Good Late Evening Everyone :wave:

I hope that everyone had a great weekend and a start to their week. Today's steps were 10,881 :woohoo: The weather today was only in the 30's and very windy, so walking Hazel was definitely a challenge. lol

Tuscany Your steps are always so awesome :cheer2:

bjm321 Time can definitely get away from us. I too forgot to check in at times. Keep up the great work.

Laura That's so funny that you mentioned the self serve dog wash, I'm taking Hazel either Wednesday or Thursday. I've had her for 2 months now, I can't wait to see how she's going to react to the bath lol I'm sure it's going to be some work, she's so hyper lol

CurvyCurly I hope you're feeling better :hug:

Dee &GMNEVO :wave:

I'm wishing us all great temps in our future so we can really move it lol :running:

I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great night.

Laura705 04-05-2016 04:39 PM

Hello all. Quick check-in & catch up.

Sunday - 5,549 steps, zero active minutes
Monday - 8,095 steps, 42 active minutes

Bleh, not making my 10k step goal.

Tuscany - Very interesting how the active minutes don't register for moderate pace elliptical, though you are using higher resistance and therefore working out harder. Yeh, I guess the flex can't measure it all. :shrug: Good job on the steps!!!

Trina - As usual, great job on steps. Good luck with Hazel's bath this week!! :)

Hellos to the rest of you! :wave: