3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   WeLike to Move It~Move It! Join us if you have a Fitness Tracker: Fitbit, Garmin, etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/308760-welike-move-%7Emove-join-us-if-you-have-fitness-tracker-fitbit-garmin-etc.html)

miniDoodles 03-21-2016 06:08 AM

WeLike to Move It~Move It! Join us if you have a Fitness Tracker: Fitbit, Garmin, etc

Hi everyone :) Our thread is about staying active & being Successful to have a Healthy Body, while using a Fitness Tracker to see how we are doing daily with the American Heart Association recommendation of walking 10,000 steps daily + weight bearing exercise 3 times a week. Supporting each others goals.

It doesn't matter which tracker you use, it's like the song in Madagascar says ;) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I
I Like to Move It!

So come join us getting fitter bodies together :lifter: :tread: :trampo: :exercise: :running:

:grouphug: Dee

miniDoodles 03-21-2016 06:21 AM

Hi everybody,
My steps yesterday were 9,408. I'm sure I hit over 10,000 but my Fitbit battery needed charged. I'm happy with that number because Friday I sat @ the doctor waiting for my appt & it messed up my day.

Laura & Trina, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Talk to you'all soon ;)

:wave: Dee

Laura705 03-21-2016 09:30 AM

Morning all. Steps yesterday were only 5,914 (25 active minutes ). Oh well, back to getting my commuting steps today.

Dee - Thanks for setting up our new thread for us! Good job in the steps. What did the doc say about your hand injury?? Soooo, am I right in wishing you :bday2you:: otherwise consider it an early birthday wish.

lovemylife001 03-21-2016 09:34 AM

Hi Everyone :wave:

I love the title of the new thread :cheer: I posted on the old one last night but will start using this one today. Dee so glad to have you back. How are you feeling? :woohoo: on your steps!

Laura :wave:

I'll be back later to post my steps. I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Hope you have a great start to your week :wave:

Tuscany 03-21-2016 08:30 PM

I would like to join! I just started wearing my step-counter again today, so I will report today's steps in the morning.

lovemylife001 03-21-2016 11:32 PM

Good Evening Everyone :wave:

:welcome:tuscany Glad to have you!

Today's wasn't as busy as I thought it would be lol. Today's steps were 10,807, barely made it to my 10,000. Hazel and I only finished one walk today instead of our usual two. I hope that everyone had a great start to their week!

bjm321 03-22-2016 12:00 AM

Hi! I'd like to join. Thanks for starting the thread, miniDoodles!

Today my step count was only 6320. Hopefully I'll be able to "step it up" tomorrow!

miniDoodles 03-22-2016 06:33 AM

Good morning :coffee: :yawn:
It was sunny but very cold here in the low 40's so I didn't take Sundae & MeeMee for a walk outdoors yesterday & we have storm warnings through Friday :o what a crazy start to spring :dizzy:

Monday's stat's from my Fitbit Charge:
steps 8,311
4 floors
19 active minutes
1,923 calories burned :D

Laura, Thanks for my birthday wishes :hug: & you remembering my birthday yesterday. Are you having a storm too, pLease be safe going to the train station this week. I haven't been at the Worldlie's thread since January, will you please pm me their current link so I can say hello to them. The orthopaedic doctor said I have a small tear in my thumb pad & extensive finger sprains that's why I'm still having in pain in my hand. No surgery, instead I need a specific brace & occupational therapy for a month then go back to him for xrays & get my hand rechecked.

Trina, WoW I love your daily steps :cheer3: you are always killing your calorie intake! Thanks for liking our new thread name; I love the cute song because it's soo inspirational from the Madagascar movie & we took the kiddos to see it at the cinema. I put the YouTube link here to motivate us with the animal's jamming :carrot: it gets me moving :rofl:

:welcome2: to Tuscany/Susan & to bjm321/MissyJ :) Thanks for joining! Feel comfortable to chat about anything & know you're with friends or vent when you need to because it's better to talk & release with moving than to 'stress eat' from emotions. What trackers or pedometers do you use? Mine is a Fitbit Charge I got last October for myself, instead of eating the Halloween candy that my thin hubby bought/ate all month :p

I typed all of this with my middle finger on my injured hand & it's screaming at me to rest now. Talk to you'all again tomorrow ;) ps: On DWTS last night, Ginger Zee is a local home town girl that grew up a hour from me & has a 2 month old baby boy, she did great :cheer2: Several ppl basically walked instead of danced :(

Tuscany 03-22-2016 06:19 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, Dee. My step counter is a GCC pulse. I received it when I participated in the GCC (Global Corporate Challenge) last year. The GCC is an international challenge in which many corporations participate. You form a team comprised of you and colleagues, track your steps and compete with others around the world. I hope your hand is feeling better soon.

My step count yesterday was 10,617. Today will be lower, since I awoke with a cold…runny nose, sneezing, plus a fever…and spent a fair bit of the day in bed. Yuck! :(

lovemylife001 03-22-2016 11:26 PM

Good Evening Everyone:wave:

Most of my day at work was spent sitting due to being on call regarding a systems problem. I was on the call for almost 3 hours while they tried to resolve, ugh. Today's steps were 10,067. We are suppose to get rain the next couple of days so I don't know if I'll be able to walk Hazel. I really hope so, she loves it and so do I.

Have a great night everyone :wave: I'll be back tomorrow!

GMNEVO 03-23-2016 04:46 PM

Hi everyone :)
I just recently re-enrolled in the forum after 40+ lbs gained I figured I need to start moving it and this thread seems like a good place to stay accountable.

I got a fitbit charge HR on Monday.:woohoo:
:dancer:Stats from yesterday:dancer:
10225 steps
44 active minutes
2976 cal burned

Looking forward to the journey with you guys!

Tuscany 03-23-2016 08:06 PM

Yesterday’s step count was only 7,551…not too high, since I spent a fair bit of the day in bed with a cold, headache and fever. Yuck! I hope I feel better for the Easter weekend.

lovemylife: That’s a pretty good step count considering much of your time at work needed to be spent sitting!

GMNEVO & Dee: Both of you referred to the “fitbit charge HR”, which I’ve never before heard of (what can I say…I’m not exactly up to date with new technology!). I googled it and it looks pretty cool! My step counter only does one thing…count steps. I think I might pick up one of these fitbit charge HR’s once the Easter holiday madness is over. I especially like the “calories burned” feature. I’m sure it’s not 100% accurate, but it will likely be better than my guestimates.

bjm321 03-23-2016 10:23 PM

Dee, thanks for the welcome!
My step counter is a FitBit Flex. My dad gave it to me for Christmas (-- perhaps a subtle way of hinting I should get more active?). In the past few months I've started to use it. It counts steps and activity time; so far I really love it.

Yesterday my step count was 12,132, and today it was quite a bit lower at 5930.

Tuscany -- Ugh. I just got over a nasty cold too. Hope you feeling better soon! Dee- Sorry to hear about your hand and hope it recovers quickly!

Laura705 03-23-2016 10:40 PM

Evening all. Welcome to Susan, Missy, & GMNEVO! :welcome: I have a Fitbit flex. If it gives out, I might just go back to my pedometer.

Hi Dee. Your hand injury sounds painful! I hope the brace helps it heal. I'll post the link for you. Great job on steps. It was raining/misting when I left work today, and it's a great night to be on the sofa w/ my fleece robe & throw. :) Bf didn't want to walk doggie today, but I guilted him into it, lol. Of course i had to towel off doggie when they returned! I like that song - I think there was a routine in Jazzercise with that song.

Trina - Don't blame you for not getting the dog walks in when it's rainy like this. Does Hazel get restless/antsy when she doesn't get her walks? Our guy Coal does, and he wants his walk no matter what the weather, so we try to never miss a day.

Catching up...Monday steps 9,403 w/54 active minutes. Tuesday's steps were 9,598 w/ 53 active minutes. Today's will be slightly less I think.

G'night everyone. :wave:

lovemylife001 03-23-2016 11:01 PM

Good Evening Everyone:wave:

I hope that everyone is having a great week so far :flow1:

gmnevo :welcome: to our thread. Your steps are awesome

Tuscany Hope you are feeling better soon :hug: I also have a Fitbit Charge HR.

bjm321 Great job on your steps yesterday. My steps fluctuate as well especially on the weekend.

Laura Great job on your steps for Monday & Tuesday. Hazel gets really restless which causes me to be restless lol She's so hyper, she needs her daily walks. She wouldn't mind walking in the rain but I would lol. I just don't want her getting sick. I ordered her a raincoat online but have to send it back because it's too small.

Steps today were 12,256 :woohoo: I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great night everyone :wave:

Tuscany 03-24-2016 06:32 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yesterday’s steps were only 6,975 due to this darn cold. But, I feel a bit better today, so things are looking up!

Yes, based on everybody’s comments, I will have to look into a fitbit after Easter.

Way to go on the steps, lovemylife!

GMNEVO 03-24-2016 09:11 AM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)!!

Stats from yesterday
10756 steps
57 active minutes
3032 cal burned

Tuscany-I just got the charge HR after having the flex for about 2 years, my original flex was a gift from my friends when I did the first go around at weight loss. I needed some motivation now that I am trying again and have been looking at the HR since it came out so I decided to get it + since it was a big investment it will at least make me feel bad if i don't do anything with it.

-Have a great day everyone!

Laura705 03-24-2016 03:46 PM

Afternoon all. Yesterday's steps were 9,102, with active minutes of 39. I've been getting rides home from the train station, so my steps have been lower this week. It was raining this morning, so I got a ride to the train this morning and will likely get a ride tonight. I'll walk in the rain for the dog, but if I can avoid it otherwise, I will!

Trina - Great job on your steps yesterday. Awww, you'll have to take a photo of Hazel in her raincoat once she gets one that fits properly.

Tuscany - Glad you're feeling a bit better today!

GMNEVO - Great job on your steps! Let us know how you like the charge HR.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone! :running:

bjm321 03-24-2016 10:42 PM

Hi!

Here are my stats from today:
14,386 steps
60 active minutes.

This morning (at 29 degrees) I went outside for a run. It took a while to convince myself to go out, but I'm really glad I did in the end. Starts off the day right! It helps that I had a buddy with me for encouragement! Tomorrow I probably will have a low-ish step count due to a cascade of work deadlines :(.

Have an great night everyone!!

lovemylife001 03-24-2016 11:32 PM

It rained pretty much all day today. I did manage to get out and walk Hazel between the breaks :running: Steps for today were 11,283 :woohoo: better than I expected.

Tuscany Glad that you are feeling a bit better today :hug:

GMNEVO Great job on your steps :cheer:

LauraI will definitely take a picture of Hazel in her new rain coat :rain:, she's going to be too cute lol

bjm321 :bravo: on your steps and Good Luck with your work deadlines.

I hope that everyone has had a great week. I'll be back tomorrow!

Tuscany 03-25-2016 07:00 AM

Yesterday’s steps: 10,758. We had rain, freezing rain and snow, so a walk outside was out of the question. Fortunately, I have an elliptical and a treadmill at home, and I spent 30 minutes on each of them. That, together with time spent shoveling the slush off my driveway, all helped to increase my steps.

GMNEVO: Thanks for the info on the charge HR. I think the “calories burned” feature will motivate me to move a bit more!

Laura: I too hate walking in bad weather, but I love walking when it’s sunny outside. Roll on summer!

Missy: Good job on the steps!

lovemylife: Looking forward to seeing Hazel in her rain coat! :)

GMNEVO 03-25-2016 09:20 AM

Yesterday was rough but at least I managed to get the steps in.

I walked the entire mall and multiple stores trying to find a dress for a fancy dinner I have coming up, I was super discouraged and feeling like a total looser. I tried every dress that came on my size 20/22 even the ones I couldn't afford and I looked awful in all of them.:barf:

Instead of going home and digging into a bag of chips and a pile of self pity I got my fat a$$ to the gym. :carrot:

Stats for the day:
Steps 14116
Active Minutes 82
Calories Burned 3246

Will go to additional stores tomorrow to see if I can find something, all I know is at least I am one day closer to looking half descent in a dress.

lovemylife001 03-25-2016 11:49 PM

I hope that everyone had a great week:cheer2:

I don't know how much I'll be checking in this weekend due to being really busy, but I'm going to try. Today's steps were 11,212 :woohoo:. Have a great Easter weekend everyone!

Tuscany 03-26-2016 07:27 AM

Yesterday’s steps: 9,061. My son and his girlfriend came over for dinner yesterday, and we spent a fair bit of time sitting and talking. Not great for my steps but it was nice to see the kids again!

GMNEVO: Great attitude and good job on the steps… and I hope you’re able to find a dress you like!

lovemylife: Good job on the steps. Sounds like you have a fun weekend in store…enjoy!

bjm321 03-26-2016 09:14 AM

Yesterdays steps: 7634
Active Minutes: 5 ???

Wow, I don't think the active minutes is very accurate. I'll probably stop reporting that.

Tuscany: Nice job on yesterday's steps. Good for you that you got to see your family and still got in a descent number of steps.

GMNEVO: Way to go on hitting the gym and keeping a positive attitude! Congrats on the steps and keep it up!

lovemylife: Way to go on your steps!!

Happy Easter everyone!!

Wildfire 03-27-2016 06:22 PM

Hi everyone! I'm a moldy oldie just returning to 3FC. I have a Fit Bit Force (I think soon to be replaced with the new Alta model). I'm just wondering how you all manage to get over 10,000 steps a day? Do you walk in circles until you fall over? :lol:

I'm a corporate slave and chained to a desk so on weekdays it's really hard for me get enough steps in. I'm too busy and have a warden for a boss so I can't get up and wander without a reason. I just went back to the gym yesterday, so I'm hoping that'll help.

Tuscany 03-27-2016 06:58 PM

Yesterday’s steps: 12,016. I went on my treadmill and my elliptical, plus my sister and I went shopping. One of things I bought was a fitbit flex, and I have a few questions for the fitbit users. I have put up a separate post and would welcome any help/input.

Missy: One of the questions I have with my fitbit surrounds the active minutes…so I can understand why you scratched your head when you only saw 5 minutes. Mine says zero!

Wildfire: Welcome! I only get to 10,000 steps if I go for a long walk…outside when the weather is nice (I’m in Ontario too, so nice weather won't happen much for a while), up and down the malls when I have shopping to do (not otherwise, since I hate window shopping), or on my treadmill when the first two options don’t pan out. If I don’t purposely walk on my treadmill, outside, or in the mall, then I’m rarely above 7,000 steps.

lovemylife001 03-27-2016 10:32 PM

Hope everyone had a great weekend and Easter :cheer2:

I had a great day and didn't over eat. I also got 10,659 steps :woohoo: lol. I was determined to still be active today even though it was a holiday.

wildfire :welcome: to our thread. Nice to meet you!

tuscany Great job on your steps :cheer:

Laura, Dee, bjm321, GMNEVO :wave:

It's been a long but good day, now time for a little news and off to bed. Have a great night!

Curvycurly 03-28-2016 12:17 AM

Hi everyone! I'd love to join! Steps today were 11,059 and 74 active minutes. My step goal is 10k and active minute goal is 30min.

I must brag about yesterday's stats bc I went on my very first hike! Steps were at 20,299 with 312 active minutes and 89 floors climbed! I really can't believe I did it!

I'm very excited about this thread! I've been slacking lately but for the past week I've managed to hit my 10k everyday and hope to keep it going!

bjm321 03-28-2016 01:28 AM

Hi everyone!

Hope you have a fantastic Easter Weekend!!

I was able to get in 13,160 steps today. My family enjoyed a nice walk outside with weather in the 40s.

Wildfire: Welcome! I work at a desk almost all day so can relate. I only get to 10,000 steps on days i am able to get out for a long walk or run, (normally, my Tuesday, Thursdays, and Sundays. Other days I average around 7500 steps. Little activity changes add up: walking to lunch, taking stairs instead of the elevator, parking in the middle of a parking lot instead of the front, ect

curvycurly: welcome! Way to go on your steps! Bravo on yesterdays steps -- 20000 is very very impressive!! Good for you and keep up the good work!

tuscany: Glad to hear i'm not the only one who gets confused over fitbit active minutes readings. I had begun to wonder if mine was faulty or had a defect!

*Virtual high-five to everyone!*

lovemylife001 03-28-2016 07:52 AM

Good Monday Morning Everyone :wave:

I had a great Easter weekend. No back on plan today and hopefully bumping up the exercise.

CurvyCurly :welcome: to the thread and :bravo: on your steps. You're on :flame: I don't think that I have ever had 20,000 steps. Keep up the great work.

bjm123 :woohoo: on your steps. I did manage to get my 10,000 yesterday, but barely. I was determined to just not sit all day with the family lol. The weather was beautiful and 67 degrees.

Have a great day everyone, I'll be back later with today's steps!

Laura705 03-28-2016 12:52 PM

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a good Easter/weekend.

Bjm – Yeh, the 5 minutes doesn’t sound right. I had to refresh myself on what active minutes are – I saw this online: “minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate-to-intense activity”. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of minutes when you run!

Trina – You did great on your steps!

Tuscany – Yeh, we’ll all increase our steps as the temps increase!

GMNEVO – Did you find a dress you liked? Great job on the steps. :yay:

Wildfire - :welcome: Are you able to get outside at lunchtime for a walk so you can get some steps in? I haven’t been reaching 10k step goal lately, but the way I usually hit my 10k goal is through my work commute – I walk from home to the train station, and when I get off the train, I walk to the office. (And the reverse back home.) When I get rides between home/train, it hurts my step count… Pretty soon I’ll switch to my bike, so we’ll see what that does to my steps. I wear my fitbit flex on my ankle (tucked inside an old wristband), so my movements should still register. On the weekends I don't get as many steps, but I do get some by walking the dog.

Curvycurly – Wow, great job on the hiking steps!! :bravo: Welcome to the thread. :welcome:

==
I don’t recall when I last posted steps, so here’s a catchup:
Fri 8,761 steps, 49 min.
Sat 7,907 steps, 27 min.
Sun 7,129 steps 22 min.

Not the best for steps…better "step it up"!! :D :running:

Have a great Monday everyone!

GMNEVO 03-28-2016 01:38 PM

Hi peeps!!!

I wasn't able to log in for a few days busy weekend! Il post my stats for the weekend:

Friday
Steps-10246

Saturday
Steps-18134 -Shopping!

Sunday
Steps-My fitbit didn't sync! :(, Still it was ~5000

Wildlife-I work in my desk 9 hrs every day to be able to get at least 10K steps I park my car as far as possible and always take the longest possible route everywhere I go(meetings, getting water, going to the restroom). Also I try to get in two 15 min walks during the day. My goal is to hit at least 5K steps before I leave work at 6PM, then I can go to the gym and finish the rest.

Laura705- I found a dress I kind of liked, Im not in love with it but after walking every store in the mall and the outlets it was the least ugly one so I took it. -.- I need to stay on track so I can start loving how I look.

Have a great week everyone :)

Tuscany 03-28-2016 06:09 PM

Yesterday’s steps were only 8,021, although that’s not too bad for Easter Sunday. Most of my steps were taken while cooking the turkey and all of the trimmings…and I’m happy to say I behaved myself by not doing any tastings!

Lovemylife & Missy: Good steps for the holiday!

CurvyCurly: Welcome! I could do 20,299 steps, but if I ever even tried to climb 89 floors, I would not be alive to talk about it. Good for you!

Laura: I might try wearing my fitbit flex on my ankle to see if that solves my problem, which is that the flex doesn’t properly record my steps when I’m on my treadmill or my elliptical (because my arms aren’t swinging by my side). Thanks for the tip!

GMNEVO: Keep up those steps and you’ll be looking great in some fab new dresses before you know it! Happy to hear you found something you like in the meantime.

lovemylife001 03-28-2016 11:33 PM

I'm so glad to hear from everyone :cheer: Let's make the rest of March steptacular :running: lol. The weather today was not the greatest. It rained most of the morning, but I was determined to get my steps in lol. Hazel and I went for our walk during a break in the rain. Steps for today were 10,119.

Laura I don't get that many steps on the weekend either, I was just determined yesterday to it lol. I knew I was going to eat unhealthy food so that was my way of justifying it lol

GMNEVO I also sit at a desk all day, ugh. So rain or shine I make sure to walk the dog to get my steps in. :woohoo: on your steps on Saturday.

Tuscany Your steps on Easter were great. :bravo: for not taste testing, I do that quit often and you can really rack up some calories that way lol

Have a great night everyone. I'll be back tomorrow!

Curvycurly 03-29-2016 01:12 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I look foward to getting to know you all. Today was a challenge for me because after work I just was not in the mood and it's very difficult for me to hit 10k without setting aside time to exercise or get a walk in. On the way home I was at about 6k and wanted nothing more than to go home and sit in the couch and relax BUT instead I ran inside to change and then went for a walk until I hit 10k. So I'm happy. I know I could've done better but after today in just glad i even made it out for a walk. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow!

Steps: 10,577
Active minutes: 35

Laura705 03-29-2016 10:53 AM

Morning all. Steps yesterday were only 6,574. I got a ride to the train in the morning, and I didn't get out at all at lunchtime. And I think my battery was drained. Lately fitbit isn't sending me notifications about that, so I'm annoyed. I suppose I just need to get on a charging schedule and not rely on the notification email. Today I'm not getting any rides for my commute, and I'm going to get out at lunchtime, so I'm pretty sure I'll hit my 10k step goal. :crossed:

Curvycurly - Good for you getting out for the walk to hit your 10k steps! :cheer:

Trina - Woohoo for the 10k+ steps! :whoo:

Tuscany - Let me know how wearing the flex on the ankle works for you on the treadmill/elliptical.

GMNEVO - I'm glad you found a dress. I don't like shopping at all. I hate when the fitbit won't sync and it's not because of the battery being low. I have a love hate relationship with my flex!

Hellos to the rest of you, and I hope you all have a great Tuesday! :)

Tuscany 03-29-2016 11:10 AM

Yesterday’s steps: 11,298. My Mom stayed with me for the Easter weekend. Yesterday I drove her home, but before doing so I ran some errands for her. The errands, plus my workout (treadmill/elliptical), plus cleaning the house (now that all my company is gone) all helped to increase my steps.

lovemylife: Good for you…getting your steps in despite the rain!

CurvyCurly: Kudos for taking a walk when you just felt like taking it easy! Like you, there’s no way I would hit 10k steps without taking a walk.

Laura: I tried wearing the fitbit on my ankle (I wrapped the bracelet around my ankle and used my sock to hold it in place)…but it didn’t seem to work. The only thing that works so far is to just hold on to the safety handrails with one hand and let the other (the one with the fitbit) swing at my side. I might try the fitbit on my ankle again using a different position, since I find holding onto the handrail with only one hand to be uncomfortable. Good luck with today’s steps!

lovemylife001 03-29-2016 11:26 PM

Good Late Evening Everyone :wave:

Hope that everyone is having a great week so far? Mines is going really good and fast :cheer: The weather was sunny and in the 50's, so that was perfect. TOM showed up this morning so I'm not to thrilled about that, ugh lol. Steps for today were12,146 :woohoo:

CurvyCurly :bravo: for pushing through and making your steps. I have those days as well. Great job!

Laura Hope you were able to get your steps in :exercise:

Tuscany :yay: on your step totals. I also have an elliptical machine. Actually I have two. I bought a cheaper one initially and didn't like it so I use it outside in my garage. When the weather's nice, I'll work out on it. The one that I have in my basement is really nice, like gym quality. I haven't used either one lately, I've been walking the dog but plan on adding more into my daily routine.

Have a great night everyone. I'll be back tomorrow!

Curvycurly 03-30-2016 01:20 AM

Hello everyone!!

Laura- thanks for the encouragement and I hope you were able to hit your goal today!

Lovemylife - GREAT JOB on those steps!!

Tuscany- thank you and yes it's so hard to hit 10k without actually trying to hit 10k. I'm glad you were able to use all those tasks to get your steps in!

I went for my usual walk after work today. I'm really starting to like walking. I feel like it helps to relax me and get my steps in of course. :D

Today's steps: 11,664
Active minutes: 61