Old 11-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #61  
vix

Hi everyone! I posted on a thread for people in the 160s but no one has replied to me in over a week so I thought I would find a more active thread, and as this is a challenge too, even better!!

I am so in awe of how much weight some of you have already lost, it's incredible. I've been on the other side, slowly putting on more weight over the last few years and finally decided to do something about it.

I just started last Friday on the supplement phen caps and I feel motivated at the moment and I feel I have the personal tools to succeed (hopefully!) but I am not sure how to make the most of them, if you get what I mean? Really, I'm not sure what to eat, that's the difficult thing, I have been used to eating what I want and I have to switch to what I need.

What kind of plans and diets are you all following? And how about exercise? Any advice would be appreciated, I'm kinda new to this and don't have friends in the same position to ask. Thank you!

Thank you for starting the thread and for the spreadsheet – I put my details up already. I started last week at 170.6 and today I weighed in at 168.5 so I’m really pleased with that. I heard it could just be water weight in the first week but even so, I’m happy to be under 170! My goal is 135 but I’d like to reach 155 by Christmas, I figured that’s possible but still a challenge.

Hope you all have a great weekend, the worst time to start right?! But it's my first challenge! Hope to catch up with some of you soon!
vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 237/175/135

Height: 5'7

Red face Off to a good start!

Hi girls, I just joined the challenge and had a great first week I finally made it to 60 lbs weight loss over all and I am super proud of myself

Welcome Vix! Hope you find inspiration here - I know I have. Yesterday I was reading a bunch of posts, and one of the things that stuck out was - that I can eat anything, but I choose not too. I have been saying this over and over to myself because when I say "I can't eat that" it's like deprivation. I feel more in control and happier about my decision when I choose not to eat something.

I'm following the herbal magic plan. It has helped me tremendously. I also run 5k 3x/week.

Wish you all the best of luck this weekend!!

Last edited by Looking4PotOfGold; 11-27-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Looking4PotOfGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #63  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi all - I wanted to add an update (for myself and others.) This has been a "small sustainable changes" period for me. I've made some small progress - I'm pleased At this pace I will meet my holiday goal, too.

I actually want to lose 3 lbs for our office holiday party I bought a bomb dress and already look pretty snazzy. It's a pretty tight fitted and shows all my curves - it's pretty hot while remaining acceptable around a colleagues - but there are some curves I'm less fond of. Part of me realises that people see my body every day, they're used to how I look. I'd love to feel a little sexy and surprise a few people, though.

I'm sure many of you are working out your holiday plans?

Last edited by souvenirdarling; 11-24-2013 at 05:20 PM.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #64  
vix

Hey Looking4PotOfGold, that is such a great way of putting it! I can eat anything but I choose not to – that’s my new mantra!!

That’s great that you do all that running. I just joined a gym on Friday and I have my induction tomorrow – nervous and excited but feeling very positive about all this!

Hi souvenirdarling, glad to hear you’re happy with your progress. I think we all have more curves than we would like! I’m sure you’ll blow your colleagues away, your dress sounds great!

I’m kinda dreading thanksgiving this year, it will be great as I’m spending it with my sister and her kids and mine as we’re both single but I just know there’ll be tons of food….

But I can just say, I can eat those mashed potatoes, those bread rolls, that pumpkin pie….but I choose not to!!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 244/232/160

Height: 5'6

Just weighed in and no loss for the week but no gain either. I will take that.
miatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #66  
vix

Hey everyone! I did some calorie-offsetting yesterday and went to the gym in the morning as mine is 24 hours and you have a key so you can go when you want. I didn't expect to find anyone there but there were a few people probably with the same idea as me! I was pretty good yesterday and had a lot less than in previous years, ate slowly and just had small amounts of my faves.

So, I weighed in today and was pleased to see I'd still lost - a black friday miracle!! I'm now down to 167 so that's 1.5 pounds down this week, very happy with that!

Happy Holidays!!
Old 11-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #67  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix View Post
I did some calorie-offsetting yesterday
Congrats Vix!! .... what's calorie offsetting??

I am skipping my official weigh-in tonight and will go tomorrow... I want to head to the malls as soon as I am done work! I went out for dinner last night with friends.. I tried to keep it healthy with fish tacos, but the fish was breaded... oh well - I tried! I didn't want to order another salad! lol -- I had a drop of 0.8lbs when I weighed in on Wednesday, so I probably will not make my 2lbs/week drop -- but any loss is a good loss!

I'll just have to work off that batter with some power shopping! I need some new work clothes and I think this would be a great time to buy them! I must admit that shopping is a thousand times more fun when I can fit into the clothes!!

Happy holidays to the American's on this site! (Our thanksgiving was well over a month ago, but my boyfriend wants me to make him a turkey this weekend so we will still be celebrating in the North!)

I'll update my weight tomorrow when I do my weigh-in! Wish me luck!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #68  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I always end up doing my weigh-in Sunday morning too. I suppose as long as we`re consistent, that`s what matters!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #69  
vix

Hey Looking4PotOfGold!! Calorie offsetting is just a phrase I made up, like burning the calories off before you eat them - like when you pay for carbon offsetting when you take a flight. Power shopping, now that is a sport I could really get into!! lol Did some serious glute work outs yesterday and my butt is feeling it today!!

How were yesterday's weigh in for you two?
Old 12-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #70  

Vix - that's a neat way to think about it I sometimes do the calorie offsetting, but I can get into trouble because once I start eating something yummy, I find it hard to stop.

I totally skipped out on my weigh-in on Saturday I had a busy week, and busier week is planned for this week. I've got a full time job and a part-time job... so I'll be putting in 67 hrs of work Monday-Sunday

I hate making excuses... so I've just got to own up to the fact that I could have done better. I'll put my weigh in from last Wednesday on the chart and I'll be doing a weigh-in tonight (which I will likely not see any drop). But cheaters can't always be winners!! Oh well!

How is your week going? Any challenges for you Vix?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #71  
vix

I know what you mean about finding it hard to stop! Although I read on another thread yesterday something that really rang true - 'the first slice of cake always tastes the best'. Of course, your brain always forgets that when the plate is emptied and you want another slice!

Your work schedule is immense!!! It's a totally legit excuse - working all those hours is enough to make you stressed and tired and all the other things that make being healthy hard, not to mention you'll have no time to do anything else!! Hope you can enjoy a day off soon.

How was the weigh-in last night? Mine is tomorrow...

Everything is going pretty smoothly so far (touch wood) but my challenge for Christmas is to be 155 which works out as 15.6 pounds I wanted to lose in 39 days - I have 12 pounds to go and 11 more days so I don't think it's gonna happen but I'd be happy with just getting on track to being healthier and fitter as I head into new year - at least I'll have a head start on my new year's resolution!

Hope you had a good weigh-in!!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #72  

Hey Vix! The weigh in went ok ... I managed to maintain at 176.4 ! Which my health coach pointed out was pretty lucky since I ate out at least once a day for the last week. I didn't even realize I ate out that much until she pointed it out. I've gotta pay more attention to keeping my 'fast food' intake to less than 3x per week (stuff like lean cuisine microwave foods and Quiznos subs count as eating out). Anyways, finally got back on the treadmill last night for a painful 5k run, but I'm glad I did it also hung up my "no excuses" calendar by the treadmill to keep me accountable.
So all in all a good day yesterday. Today was good too - my part time work was cancelled tonight due to cold weather, so I can shave 3 hours off of my work week went to the movies and didn't order popcorn because I was still full from supper ! That's my victory for the day!!

Made lunch for tomorrow and will need to pack a supper as well. It will be a long day!!

Back to the treats comment ... I also like the saying "nothing tastes as great as skinny feels" ... Lol but I still LOVE things that taste great haha

Wow - that's an aggressive target for weight loss!! I wish you the best of luck for achieving success - I think it's great to get a head start on a New Years resolution

I hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow!! You can do it!!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #73  
vix

Hey Looking4PotOfGold!!

Glad to hear you got some time off! Lots of great NSVs there - the 5k run, packed lunches, not ordering popcorn at the movies! Well done! And maintaining during the holidays is great!

I would always eat out a lot as a result of my job and having a lot of lunch meetings, I never treated it like the luxury it is to eat out and ever accounted for how much unhealthier it generally is, and so that's why it tastes so good! But, here in California it's easier to eat out healthier as there are so many places that cater for the non-dairy people, the vegans, the gluten-frees etc so I have no excuse. I managed to only eat out once this week and had a big fruit salad and an almond milk coffee - both delicious and virtuous!!

I think the target is too aggressive, I didn't calculate it very well I guess! But I weighed in today and found that I'd lost 2 pounds this week so I'm down to 165 which I'm super happy about as it means I have an even 30 pounds to go!

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 244/232/160

Height: 5'6

Once again no movement on the scale. But that's okay. I want a loss, but as long as I maintain through the holidays a not gain, I am ok. Hope everyone is doing well.
miatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #75  
vix

Hey miatutu! Exactly, I think maintaining through the holidays is totally a victory in itself. I went to the store yesterday and all the Christmas food looked so tempting! But I have to remind myself that this is the reason I started at this time of year rather than putting it off until new year - if we can get through this we can get through anything!!

Last edited by vix; 12-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.