Old 08-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Hoopty - congrats on getting back on track!! That is great! I am staring to think that is one of the most important things, to be able to get right back on plan the next day - instead of a 2 month off plan period like i just went through. I am finally getting back though.
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #317  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

BonnieL - Thank you I totally agree with you, the first day after a binge is the hardest and therefore the most important! I usually stay OFF track for several weeks as well, with only a couple of OP days here and there. That's why I was so committed to being committed, lol! Glad to hear that you're making your way back on being OP, too! How was your day?

----

My day was kind of weird. I slept and laid in bed for a while, looked at an apartment that was actually really nice, went grocery shopping and visited my sister. Nothing crazy, but after DH and I decided that we should wait another 2 months to rent a place my mood just went downhill. I was getting super excited for nothing but I'm sure we'll find another nice place.

I was OP for the day though my weird mood made me have cravings while we were grocery shopping. I asked DH if I should/could have a chocolate bar and he told me to stay strong and that he would cook me nice and satisfying dinner later. So I said bye-bye to the king size Lion bar and ended up eating chicken breast strips with mashed cauliflower, grapes and just 2 prunes. Yum. Now I'm sipping on some green tea and I have to get up at 4:15am. The scale should be up since I had such late dinner, but that's alright. The 3 lbs that I had "gained" yesterday from binging were gone this morning which means I'm back down to 137.2 lbs.

Hope everyone is doing well. Seems like you're all busy! It's fairly quiet in here (and everywhere else too, weird..)

Happy Tuesday!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Hoopty - good job of staying strong and not having that chocolat!!! I once read that the more you practice passing up things that are not healthy, the more habitual and easier it becomes. Though it is still very hard for me.

I did good today. Not totally on my full plan yet, but doing a lot of it, and moving closer to being totally on plan. Still have about 4 1/2 pounds of the 13 regain is gone. Really want to get the rest of the regain off!!!
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #319  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

did not even realize it had been so long since I posted! Geez! Time just zips right past me now a days! Kids went back to school which for some reason makes it easier for me to pass up the junk food and other crap I crave! I miss them but am very thankful for the routine coming back. They are still getting used to it but seem to like their schedules and teachers! Our 2 oldest boys signed up for football today and I think I may be more excited than they are! I love football and will be helping to coach the teams so I know I will get some extra exercising in there too! Strictly OP today and very close yesterday! Plan on staying strong and finishing out the weigh in on Thursday or Friday strong with a good number! Good luck to everyone! The motivation I usually have to get outside during the day is GONE! Heat index this week has been around 100 and temps are high 90s! No running outside for me!

Happy Monday and have a great rest of the week!!!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #320  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello ladies. All is good with me. Have been very busy with work & getting ready for a party at my house on Sat. Eating & exercise has been good & the scale is down to 220. I hope you all have a great Tuesday.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #321  
Breathing.

Hello girls,

Had a really crappy day today and to top it all off I thought I was off tomorrow but I have another early morning shift which means I gotta get up a 4am again, uughh!

I was OP though I feel like I ate a little much:

Breakfast (4:30am): oatmeal with vanilla soy milk, blueberries and a nectarine
Lunch at work (9am): 1 slice of whole-grain bread, one half with peanut butter, the other with turkey breast and cream cheese + 1 small salad + apple slices + low-fat yogurt with berries and granola
Lunch (4pm): Brown rice with chicken breast strips, mixed vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, kidney beans, yellow bell pepper), cherry cottage cheese with blueberries, walnuts, nectarine
Dinner (8:15pm): Tiny handful of oatmeal with vanilla soy milk + 5 almonds + a few grapes
Exercise (7:30pm - 8:15pm): Obviously riding my bike to work and back + 30 min of weight training + 15 min of stretching

I wasn't really hungry after I had worked out so I only ate a tiiiinnnyyy little bit. Why does this seem like a lot? But I was satisfied!

------------

BonnieL - Small steps always help. You're on your way there!

junebug37 - 100 degrees? Holy gazoly! It's starting to get cold over here, around 70 degrees during the day which is awesome Congrats on being OP and good luck on your weigh-in

GettinFit - Yay, you're so close to your countdown! I'm glad to hear you're doing well

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Last edited by Hoopty; 08-13-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #322  

Hello Everyone! It's been a couple days since I've posted. I've been super busy with a church activity and then girls camp. OY VEY!!!

I would have to say not OP for the past two days but not wretchedly over either. I'm fine with it, I'm personally exhausted both mentally and physically. I'm trying to do everything and I really don't want to so that makes it harder. Anyway, I'm still here.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #323  
Breathing.

Hello everyone,

OP for the day, 30min of weight lifting and 10min of stretching. I was having such cravings after I had worked out but I tried to stick to mostly healthy food. I ate cherry cottage cheese with blueberries and a little bit of oatmeal, 1/2 corn on the cob, 1/2 slice of whole-grain bread with pb and a tiny bit of jelly (<-- craving!) and some peas + carrots + kidney beans with a tiny bit of herb butter (<-- craving!). I'm feeling a little bit of regret, or let me say, I'm thinking to myself that the scale probably won't move in the downward direction in the morning which is kind of a bummer. Holy cow, I'm shaking my head reading the last few sentences, seriously? It's not like I went all crazy, I should be happy I didn't reach for the cookies that were sitting in the pantry or more peanut butter + jelly.
I would like to make it to 136.9 lbs by Saturday. I was really scared that I would start to lose weight too fast but I sat down this morning and checked all my weigh-ins and I'm perfectly fine. 1-1.5 lbs a week is what I'm aiming for, so if I could make it to 136 lbs, or very close to that, that would be awesome. I am mostly likely gonna go for a jog these next couple of days to help me get there.

Hope all is well with everyone! Happy Thursday!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #324  
Breathing.

Good evening girls,

My eating schedule was a little off today. I slept in, ate breakfast at 11am, heavy lunch/dinner at 5:30pm (!) and didn't work out. DH and I were out and about getting a few things done during the day and I didn't think it would take so long which is why I didn't bring any snacks. I don't think I went too low with the calories since I ate potato gratin (potatoes, vegetables, special Maggi gratin sauce, mozzarella cheese) with chicken breast strips and grapes for lunch. That alone must have been a 700+ calorie meal, plus breakfast.

I made dinner reservations for Saturday since it's our anniversary. It's a Greek restaurant (we both absolutely LOVE Greek food!) and I am not going to count calories. We're also going to a breakfast buffet in the morning and we plan on making brownies, so it'll definitely be a monster-high-calorie-day. This means that Sunday is going to be another challenge for me - I HAVE to be on plan that day, no excuses. Anyways, I'm really excited

Happy Friday!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #325  
One pound at a time....

Almost OP for the day. Had some extra protein after work this morning cause I felt shaky. I have to work tonight as well so its another hard and sleepy night!

The scale went down this week at my weigh in so *YAY*

I have decided after these MRC supplements are gone, I'm not buying any more. I have spent too much money on this and need to take control of the weight loss myself. Let the chips fall where they may!

Stress is my worst enemy! BUT I am only 12 pounds to goal!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #326  
Breathing.

Good evening girls,

junebug37 - Yay, congrats on your loss! 12 more pounds? Seems like your countdown starts soon Stress is always a pain in the bootay, that's why you gotta make sure you get some YOU-time to just relax, even if it's only for a couple of minutes.

-----

I was OP for the day though I almost screwed it up. DH and I got home quite late and I felt super weak, tired and hungry. I wasn't thinking straight which resulted in me grabbing some granola (the not-so-healthy kind which I usually eat as dessert) with vanilla soy milk, a piece of cheese and 2 chocolate eggs. I wasn't gonna stop there, my mind was already focusing on having a peanut butter + jelly sandwich BUT. And here comes the big BUT. I somehow managed to change into my workout clothes and I started lifting weights. I ended up working out for 30min plus 10min of stretching and my cravings were gone. Phew!
I feel really bloated though and I couldn't stop drinking water today. Most likely because I had potatoes again. Hopefully I get to run to the bathroom a few more times before I weigh myself in the morning.

I'm really excited for our anniversary tomorrow! My Mom is going to her friend's birthday party and she made her coconut-rice-cake-dessert, YUM!

Happy Saturday!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #327  

Hallelujah Girls' Camp is DONE! I think I'm done trying to be superwoman and do everything. I can say 'no' when people ask. I have so much going on now with psycho doctor and 4 times a day blood sugar checks and now.....*drum roll please*.......I get to take metformin. Yeah. Not. Seriously, most of my numbers were 96. That's 1 point higher than the recommended number. 1 point! I hate taking pills, especially when I think that they are not needed. At the moment the med. only made me feel queasy after I ate salad but I felt better when I ate my roll.

OP for the day (so far) but I don't plan on not being so... I've been so busy with camp that I haven't exercised in days. My wii is going to admonish me. :-)

I didn't get the chance to read up on everyone else but I hope things are going well or if they're not that they get better.

Happy Saturday Everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #328  
Breathing.

Good evening girls,

Had an awesome, awesome day! Calories went through the roof and my mouth is really dry though I drank a sh!t load of water. I had really salty bacon this morning, french fries and meat at night so no surprise there. I'm expecting the number on the scale to be up by about 4 lbs. DH and I had bought a brownie mix but ended up not making them, which is a good thing because we were unbelievably full all day. We've decided to save them for my niece's 4th birthday coming up on September 1st

Didn't quite make my 136.9 lbs goal - scale this morning at 137.0 lbs! So now that my weight will be up for the next 2 days (at least) I am really gonna focus on staying on plan and mostly doing cardio. I already told DH that I want to go for a long jog tomorrow.

My number 1 priority right now - NO JUNK FOOD tomorrow! Just like last time, I absolutely have to stay on plan, no excuses. I looked at myself in the mirror before I hopped in the shower and I felt like I gained 20 pounds, lol. I feel so huge right now. If you only knew how much I ate today... but it was definitely worth it

Hope everyone is doing well! Happy Sunday!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #329  
One pound at a time....

Ok, I worked Thursday & Friday nights, had some shakiness when leaving work on Fri morning and then again yesterday morning right when my shift was almost over but it was worse and I felt sick. Another nurse noticed the shaking and insisted I take my blood sugar. Nurses are like that lol. It was 82. Not bad BUT I had already eaten 2 scrambled eggs & 1/2 a nectarine. I had an orange and some more protein to help it. I guess it was just time to eat again but it was only 3.5 hours later! I can't possibly eat every 3-4 hours especially at work! I'm a little upset that now the most likely scenario is I have to drink more protein shakes. That means buying more stuff I had planned on not buying! But if it makes this better I know it will be worth it!

Grr... I know most people would not have symptoms at 82 but my center said I am in weight loss mode still so I will be more sensitive. And I didn't sit down for more than 30 minutes total all night. It was so busy!

Happy weigh in at home this morning at 149, so thats 10 pounds to goal. It was first thing before any water so it won't stick but its still inspiring!!

Happy Sunday to all... I work again tonight! Going to try to plan out my meals better today!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #330  
Breathing.

What a weird day. I woke up with stomach pain and I felt all depressed and lonely. It was raining pretty badly and I had the worst nightmares, ever. I started getting cravings in the afternoon, mostly because I was bored, lazy and tired, but then it stopped raining and the sun came out. So instead of eating I decided to throw on my running clothes and I went for a 3.2 mile jog. Afterwards, I lifted weights for 30min and did 12min of stretching. I was OP with food, had oatmeal with berries for breakfast and lunch, chicken breast strips with a red bell pepper, kidney beans and some frozen blueberry yogurt for dinner.

My weight was up by 3.4 lbs this morning. However, I had to run to the bathroom a gazillion times so the numbers on the scale should be much lower tomorrow

On to a healthy Monday!