Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #61  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Mandy - Glad you're feeling better today and I hope you're even better tomorrow.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #62  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Mandy, I was just thinking about you as I was reading an article about this being a bad flu season. I'm glad you're on the mend.

GettinFit, part of the struggle for me is trying not to be so hard on myself that I just give up (because I think that I suck and I'm not worth the effort) but also not giving myself excuses to fail. So I have to be positive and have certain expectations of myself. Negative self-talk is no good but we still need to challenge ourselves to do our best. It's all so much harder than just eating that bag of chips - in the moment, anyway.

I had another decent but not great day, food-wise. I also took a snooze after work and am ramping up to get on the bike (changing into my workout clothes before napping is the best strategy ever). My leg continues to hurt so I think I'll get a couple of Leslie Sansone videos since, oddly, walking or jogging is not as painful as the bike. I don't want any excuses to going back to spending all evening sitting on the couch.

I hope everyone has something fun planned this weekend!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #63  
Stay Focused & Committed

Steph - Yep, you definitely are worth the effort so continue to think positively and fight for those OP days. You. You have already accomplished so much with your weight loss. I just wish I didn't have so much to lose. Anyways, I'll just have to take it one pound at a time 'til I get there.

I pretty much stuck to my eating plan today except I substituted crab legs for shrimp and I omitted the 100 cal popcorn. Exercise was Firm Cardio Inferno and the stairs & walk during my break at work.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #64  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Well, when I woke up this morning it was really cold and raining, so i decided to do some exercising inside. I was overly ambitious and set my fitness coach for 1 hour. I have never done an hour before and I haven't even exercised in a while. I barely made 20 minutes. haha. I'm not sure what I was thinking!

I did alright as far as eating, not perfect, but much better than I have been. I weighed myself this morning and the number was 5 lbs higher than it was before I left for vacation. I guess I did much worse than I thought while I was gone. But thankfully I looked at it and did not get discouraged.

I still plan on doing a bit more exercising before bed. All in all a positive day. I will try to control my eating better tomorrow. The christmas cookies...they call to me!
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

It's been four days and I've been on top of all 1,2,3 and 4. Not sure if I'm going to make number 5, but I'm down 1.8 pounds so far!

1. Log everything I eat every day.
2. Stay under my calorie goal each day.
3. Abstain from alcohol.
4. Exercise for an hour a minimum of three times per week.
5. Lose ten pounds.
laura365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #66  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good afternoon everyone,

Rachel - Sorry that the scale was up but you have the right attitude and I know you will be back down in no time. I hope today is going pretty good for you.

laura365 - Congrats on being down 1.8 and on staying OP. I hope you make it through today. You can do it!!!

So far so good for me today. I've eaten really good and I'm about to head out for a 3 mile walk.

Today's Journal
B: 1 serv reduced fat center cut bacon, 6 oz V8 juice, coffee w/1/2 C skim milk, Maxwell House International Cafe & creamer
L: 3 oz LF hamburger patty, brocolli, 1 sl RF pepperjack cheese
S: apple, glass red wine
D:Shrimp, small salad, 2 pcs Dove Dk Choc
Exercise: Walked 3 miles

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-05-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

is it ok to join? sorry i know we are 5 days in, but i just discovered this thread and i think it is just what i need...

January Goals:
No Chocolate wean off all sweet post x.mas
Stop having the Odd cigarette (because the "odd" one was becoming more regular..
Be AWARE of everything i am putting in my mouth, no picking
Avoid Alcohol
Drinks lots Water
get more active

Thanks even writing them down i feel better

Happy New Years to all
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #68  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Hey everyone!

Aside from a little snot, and some soreness in my calf from a charlie horse this morning... I'm feeling pretty fantastic! After the last few days that is wonderful.

So, for real back on track with January goals. Here they are:

1) Focus on getting more active, walk at least 30 minutes 5x per week.
2) Pay attention to food habits, try to avoid the bad ones.
3) Drink at least 2L of water per day.
4) Use January as "inventory" and make one small change per week, so as not to get overwhelmed.

This week's change: 500 calorie 'breakfast' of poptarts + banana is now a ~350 calorie breakfast of Greek yogurt (140), granola (1/2c 100 cal), and a banana. (100 cal)
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #69  
Stay Focused & Committed

Curlysue - It''s never too late to join in. I hope you have a great month.

Mandy - Great job on making the changes to your breakfast. It's those changes that are going to get you back to where you were. Keep up the great work.

I just got back from a 3 mile walk at Stone Mtn. It took me an hour to walk 3 miles of up hill and back in Sept., it only took about 50 mins. I'm hoping to get my time back down by the end of the month.

My eating has been good and I haven't had any urges to eat anything off plan.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 255/235/182

Height: 6 ft

Due to sleeping in super late today I missed breakfast and therefore messed up my eating for the day and only just managed 1000 calories, oops!

Had to go shopping for work clothes today which really reminded me how much weight I have to lose, looking at my massive stomach all day and getting a rare look at all my back fat in the double mirrors in the changing rooms was grim!
BippityBoppety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #71  
Stay Focused & Committed

Bippity - Reading your post is like reading my own. I am sick and tired of this fat on my body. You and I are both going to change that this year We just need to stay focused and committed to this journey.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

So I'm almost a week in....

I joined WW on Monday and decided that my weigh in day would be Saturday and I lost 5.4 pounds. It's a drop in the bucket still!

I did 3 good workouts this week and I haven't touched a Coke!

I picked up the WW ActiveLink when I weighed in today so I'm starting the assessment on that tomorrow. Have any of ya'll used the ActiveLink?
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoppety View Post
Had to go shopping for work clothes today which really reminded me how much weight I have to lose, looking at my massive stomach all day and getting a rare look at all my back fat in the double mirrors in the changing rooms was grim!
Nothing is worse than dressing room mirrors!
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

hey all! hope its not too late to join in, in my defense ive been on it since the New Year!

January Goals:
1. Remember my self worth
2. Apply myself and stay focused on the goal
3. Be more active
4. Eat smaller portions
5. Feel in control
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 255/235/182

Height: 6 ft

GettinFit Thanks for being so supportive

GirlieJayHawk Well done, 5lbs is excellent!

I've lost 3.5lbs this week which I'm really happy about especially as I've had a bit of an inconsistent week in terms of healthy eating and exercise.
BippityBoppety is offline   Reply With Quote