Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Alright ladies! I have 5 more pounds to go! Lard... Feeling good! I might just make it to 190 by dec 31th!
I also want to see those New Years outfits ladies! I been Internet shopping for something nice!

Have you ladies been shopping for your NYE outfit?

Will share some photos with you ladies of some dress I want.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #47  

here are the photos ladies and would love your opinion on the dresses.

I dont know what the weather will be like; but I think a dress would be nice . I wear pants all the time; so wanted to look girly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PlusCallingYouBlkSilvXP1.jpg (25.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PlusAccelerateBeigeXP.jpg (11.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PlusRightOrngXP1.jpg (11.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PlusYogurtWhtBlkXPH.jpg (18.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 277/252/170

Height: 5'7

@Fatness just want to let you know that I find you super inspirational
Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #49  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieBoom View Post
Do any of you weight lift? Do you stick to the machines or use free weights?
I weight lift about four times a week. I use mostly free weight, but some of the machines for legs. I find that I lose inches and weight faster if I mix cardio and weights. It also helps for toning this flabby body and can totally change your body composition. Keep up the good work and see if you can incorporate weights (even starting weight free weights for arms).
Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #50  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatness View Post

I dont know what the weather will be like; but I think a dress would be nice . I wear pants all the time; so wanted to look girly!
You can do it! I really like the first and the last outfit for NY's eve, especially if you are going to a bar. They are a little more risque.

-----

As for me ladies, I've been working out, but don't think I've lost much more weight. I started my period a few days ago and feel bloated. I'll check in at the gym later today and keep you updated. I really wanted to get under 200 for the new year.....still hope.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkessle View Post
@Fatness just want to let you know that I find you super inspirational
Aww; thanks so much!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo381972 View Post
You can do it! I really like the first and the last outfit for NY's eve, especially if you are going to a bar. They are a little more risque.

-----

As for me ladies, I've been working out, but don't think I've lost much more weight. I started my period a few days ago and feel bloated. I'll check in at the gym later today and keep you updated. I really wanted to get under 200 for the new year.....still hope.
Thanks for your input! I will have to try something on similar to those in the store..
Will take photos so you ladies can see!

How are you ladies and how is your weekend going so far?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #53  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I like the first and last dresses! So cute and perfect party dresses.

Quote:
I weight lift about four times a week. I use mostly free weight, but some of the machines for legs. I find that I lose inches and weight faster if I mix cardio and weights. It also helps for toning this flabby body and can totally change your body composition. Keep up the good work and see if you can incorporate weights (even starting weight free weights for arms).
I started my weight training last week and the scale did not move but I know that I'm doing the right thing. I did lunges and squats and pushups and situps, bicep curls and dead lifts. I need to do some research and find some knew exercises to do with the free weights. Where do you get your exercises from? I used to have a trainer but I can't really afford one right now.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #54  

The scale does not move when weight lifting! Lol crazy right! I am also doing the same thing.. Might be a while before I see 189.. Lol doing weight lifting 2 days a week. But I do butt workouts every day! Lol...

How are you ladies? I been busy with school! It's my last week and I don't know what I will do with my time!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #55  
Back at It!

Quote:
I started my weight training last week and the scale did not move but I know that I'm doing the right thing. I did lunges and squats and pushups and situps, bicep curls and dead lifts. I need to do some research and find some knew exercises to do with the free weights. Where do you get your exercises from? I used to have a trainer but I can't really afford one right now.
I used to be a personal trainer, so I know about different exercises to do in the gym from that. You can do a google search for free weight exercises and you will come up with a lot of information. There are also youtube videos on how to perform certain exercises if you need a visual. Lunges, squats are great for a most of the core body parts. Squats especially really tend to work the butt and legs. Watch how you lift with dead lifts..you can easily screw up your back. Keep at it because sometimes as you gain muscle you don't see the scale move as fast at first. You will notice your clothes fitting better though as you lose inches. I've been back full time at the gym for about two months after a two month break and I'm just starting to see the difference again with tighter muscles and losing inches. The scale isn't moving as fast though , but I'm not worried as much. Keep it up!

I just finished a big workout tonight of squats, arms (shoulders, triceps and biceps). I've started running intervals as well..so I walk for two minutes and then run two minutes.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #56  
Back at It!

Quote:
The scale does not move when weight lifting! Lol crazy right! I am also doing the same thing.. Might be a while before I see 189.. Lol doing weight lifting 2 days a week. But I do butt workouts every day! Lol...

How are you ladies? I been busy with school! It's my last week and I don't know what I will do with my time!
The scale will eventually move. I'd recommend doing at least three times a week with weights and you'll notice the difference faster. As you gain lean muscle mass, your body is burning calories at a faster rate even if you are at rest. The more muscle you have, the faster you burn calories afterwards. Keep it up!

I'm well thanks..trying to get under 200 for the New Year.
Did you pick a dress yet?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #57  
Finally in control.

Quote:
I used to be a personal trainer, so I know about different exercises to do in the gym from that. You can do a google search for free weight exercises and you will come up with a lot of information. There are also youtube videos on how to perform certain exercises if you need a visual. Lunges, squats are great for a most of the core body parts. Squats especially really tend to work the butt and legs. Watch how you lift with dead lifts..you can easily screw up your back. Keep at it because sometimes as you gain muscle you don't see the scale move as fast at first. You will notice your clothes fitting better though as you lose inches. I've been back full time at the gym for about two months after a two month break and I'm just starting to see the difference again with tighter muscles and losing inches. The scale isn't moving as fast though , but I'm not worried as much. Keep it up!

I just finished a big workout tonight of squats, arms (shoulders, triceps and biceps). I've started running intervals as well..so I walk for two minutes and then run two minutes.
Thanks for the tips Jojo! I found some exercises online that I'm going to try tonight. I also love feeling a little sore after my workouts...it sounds crazy but I know my body is changing and that makes me happy. Since you say that it will take a little longer to see the scale move, maybe I should take some time off from my weigh ins? If I continue eating right and exercising, the scale will eventually reflect all my hard work. No sense getting bent out of shape about it beforehand. Maybe I'll try not to weigh in until NYE?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #58  

Quote:
The scale will eventually move. I'd recommend doing at least three times a week with weights and you'll notice the difference faster. As you gain lean muscle mass, your body is burning calories at a faster rate even if you are at rest. The more muscle you have, the faster you burn calories afterwards. Keep it up!

I'm well thanks..trying to get under 200 for the New Year.
Did you pick a dress yet?
Thanks for the great info and I will pump it up to 3 days!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #59  
Finally in control.

So much for not getting on the scale until NYE...ugh...I got on this morning. NO PROGRESS. Super frustrating. I'm going to assume that it's going to take my body some time to catch up and I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing.

I hope you ladies are having a great day! My office holiday party is today and I'm really looking forward to that.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #60  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:

I LOVE the first dress! I've also been shopping for NYE dress (I only wear dresses on NYE and my BD). haven't found the one yet, but I wanna look smokin'!

Quote:
So much for not getting on the scale until NYE...ugh...I got on this morning. NO PROGRESS. Super frustrating. I'm going to assume that it's going to take my body some time to catch up and I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing.

I hope you ladies are having a great day! My office holiday party is today and I'm really looking forward to that.
hope you have fun at your party! my scale is moving so slowly this month (I'm at 209). it is very very frustrating but I just have to tell myself it will move, even if it's taking longer than I wanted.

Last edited by kisskiss; 12-13-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Closed Thread