Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #106  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Ready2B- I cant wait either bring on 2012. I did pretty good in 2011, but time to kick it up a notch. Here is to making better and healthier choices in 2012..

Sandy menopause ain't something I want just yet since I am only 24 lol. I usually don't have TOM every month but since I started working out it has come every month and on or at the holidays also

I am ready to loose the weight and keep it off and also be be under 200lbs for the first time since like elementary school. For this Challenge my goal is to loose 10lbs if it more that would be great, but I am taking my weight lost 10lbs at a time I have like 100lbs to loose total and have already lost 16lbs. I get so discouraged when I think about how long it will take to loose 100lbs so I decided to take it 10lbs at a time. I wish I could go on the biggest looser lol

Lady's do get down or go back to eating(I know easier said than done) when you ain't lost all the weight you wanted to in the time frame you have given yourself. It will happen just takes time.
~Keep on Keeping on

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 12-30-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 365/T/245

Height: 5'9"

I can't believe I haven't been on here in a few days. I have gone down a few ounces but my official weigh-in will be Monday. I am just glad I am not gaining since the celebrating has not really stopped since the 24th! The 28th was husband's 50th birthday so dinner out - however I did stick to protein and avoided carbs.......and did not order dessert but did sample hubby's dessert plate!

Everyone seems to be on board - good stuff!
vicki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #108  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok, here we go... Fridays are my official weigh in days and today was 214 for the start of this challenge. After being off program for two months, I only gained 2 pounds. I know I shouldn't be thankful for gaining weight, but to know I can handle life in a semi-maintaining mode is good. My fears in being in a weight loss mode is failing and gaining it all back. Over and over again, the cycle goes. I want to break that once and for all. 2012 is going to be it!!

For this challenge, here's my goal:
SW: 214
CW: 214
GW: 204

I want so much to say Onderland, but it's important for me to have realistic goals. Setting my goal too high could result in not meeting it and I don't want to do that to myself.
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #109  

Hi everyone!

Italiannie, I'm with you... I used to be able to drop 5 pounds in a weekend or 10 pounds in a week when I was young. I'll be 56 in a couple of weeks and went through menopause almost 15 years ago, and now it's like shaving off brittle long term fat that's super-glued to the bones, and it takes SO MUCH LONGER to whittle it off! But I love being post-menopausal.

Well, I started out at 145 last spring, got down to 130 (even 129 at one point) by September, but I have gained back to 135.

I think I'll go with 5% weight loss goal for Valentine's Day. Let's say my goal is to be out of the 130's. It will be a challenge for me.

Annie in Texas
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #110  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Even though I haven't hit menopause quite yet (still in perimenopause), I'm right there with you gals with the slowed down weight loss. Like you said, years ago I could lose 10 pounds in a week on low carb. Now, I'm lucky if I can lose 1-2 pounds in a week on the very same diet. And here I thought my mom was just using age as an excuse not to lose weight. Sorry mom!

LisaLou, I'm with you. I've been up and down the weight loss/weight gain roller coaster since I was 15 years old. Doing that for 34 years is long enough! It's time to get off this stupid ride, pick a maintainable weight goal and stay there.

Just 6 years ago I thought my goal should be 130, since that's what I was in my twenties (off and on). I managed to get there once in my early forties, but I looked gaunt and lost my boobs and butt. That's why I raised my goal to 140. But I tell ya, if I can fit into a perfect size 6 at 145-150, that'll be my new goal weight. Now that I'm older and passed the I-want-to-look-hot-in-a-bikini stage, I realize the extra pounds help fill in the wrinkles in the face and give me a little more cush in the ol' tush. I'm glad my thinking has changed in that respect. In my youth it was all about getting as thin as possible. Now, it's all about staying healthy and looking womanly, not like a teenage boy.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #111  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi all. TOM here but I am happy to say I'm still at 148 ish instead of in the 150s on TOM. I'm hoping in a few days I'll be back to 146 or lower :-).
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5 foot 8

Ok, so this Dukan Diet is supposed to show amazing results within hours..not just days. and it did for a few hours...and then i wake up this morning and go from 224.4 to 225.2, and the guy who wrote the book and created the diet tells you to weigh everyday in the first phase. ughhh now i feel dumb!
ClaireBear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #113  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Sorry Claire. All of those plans seem kind of suspect to me. That's why this time I've been exclusively calorie counting and I've seen great results .
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 203/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone...and welcome anyone who has recently joined!!

It's weired that I consider myself a 'scaleaphobic' but for the first time I'm actually very excited to weigh in on Monday :-)

I'm very new to this site but I'm not new to trying to lose weight but I feel like this time its going to be different and its going to actually stick...(My light bulb has finally turned on) So I guess I just want to thank everyone for opening up and sharing their stories/experiences!!!
Ange120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #115  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadtoFifty View Post
Since I am late getting started on this thread, but have read and admired so many of you... I just wanted to send a blanket congratulations to all of you that have lost weight and behaved; especially during the holidays. Isn't there a law against that?

I will admit that this is the first year since I started dieting (over 30 years ago), that I haven't gained a ton of weight during the holidays. Ironically, I have been pretty good even though I had a couple of bites of things that I had been craving. I didn't want to have any cravings calling me on Sunday because this is going to be a NO EXCUSE ZONE from here til I turn 50.

Happy New Year y'all!
I don't know if it's the same for all women our age, but I feel like as I approach menopause that my tastes for certain foods are changing. When I was younger, I could easily polish off a 1-pound bag of peanut M&Ms and then go looking for a pint of Ben & Jerry's immediately afterwards. Yeah, pretty gross now when I think about it. My sweet tooth was pretty wild. Don't get me wrong, though, I still have a sweet tooth, but I would get sick of that 1-pound M&M bag about a quarter ways through now. In fact, my sweet tooth leans more towards decadant sweets now. If I'm going to indulge, I want it to be on something rich but a small portion, like New York Cheesecake.

Where am I going with this? I guess I like the fact that my taste buds are maturing and that, even though I have a much harder time losing weight now, I cannot eat the amount of junk food I once did during a binge. Does that make sense?
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireBear92 View Post
Ok, so this Dukan Diet is supposed to show amazing results within hours..not just days. and it did for a few hours...and then i wake up this morning and go from 224.4 to 225.2, and the guy who wrote the book and created the diet tells you to weigh everyday in the first phase. ughhh now i feel dumb!
no diets going to make you lose lbs in hours, if there was such a diet everyone would be on it. id love to lose 5lbs a day, not even starvation does that at least not in fat lbs mostly just water lol weightloss is calories in versus calories out in my experience, theres no quick and easy way to lose weight. most likely the weight loss you saw yesterday was just normal daily weight flucuations. theres a lot of weight loss scams out there promising quick fixes and none of them work. just stick to a real lifestyle change and youll see real weight loss dont feel dumb , we`ve all bought into the too good to be true scams at some point in our life
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #117  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I don't have a scale yet but I plan on purchasing one soon ... Last time I weighed in at this store near me it was 165 so that told me that I've. Gained ten lbs since getting married few months ago... So started Julian micheals get ripped in 30 bc her workouts rock and they helped me lose all 45 lbs of my baby weight And w the support I found here at 3fcs .... So heres to a new year and better food choices .....being. Comfortable in my skin and losing that belly ..
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #118  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Good morning! Very windy day here to end 2011. My mind is already on tonight as we'll be going to a friend's house for a low-key game night. There's a part of me that wants to not focus too much on eating right and just focus on having a nice time. BUT....what a great way to start the new year with a re-focused mental state! I think I'll be sure to bring some veggies tonight and not dip too much. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, but just have a good time and do everything in moderation.

Happy New Year to my new friends. May it be our most successful!

Lisa
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #119  

Ok! back to calorie counting =]

I have set a goal for myself and i would love to weigh in at 223 or lower when i get on the scale this monday! doing really good today, eating lots of fruits and veg and staying within calorie budget! doing a lot of exercising.

My new boyfriend Adam is taking me out for New Years tonight but I told him I'm only eating exclusively healthy foods! He is a personal trainer and supports me 100 %! i'm lucky =]

Have fun tonight ladies and happy new year!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #120  

<3 so happy i joined this challenge ladies, very supportive =]