3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   WOW New Year!! New Me!! Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/247681-wow-new-year-new-me-challenge.html)

Dharma420 11-28-2011 01:28 PM

Hi there to the new folks and welcome.

So, got my workout out of the way already. I did pretty well with the afternoon monster yesterday though I did have a glass of wine. But not any junk to go along with it.

So today

W: 5 16oz bottles
E: 5 miles of high intensity intervals
E: 1200 calories. No sugar, low carb and no alcohol
D: When I feel I can't go one more step....that's when my body is eating it's own fat :carrot:

Have a great day everybody!

Dharma

mothermavis 11-28-2011 01:47 PM

Elliptical is done and I took the dog for a walk, however, still have not finished the Christmas decorating. Putting the computer down in favor of totes of decorations! Later ladies!

Aleshia, I LOVE Georgia. That and SC are my two thoughts for retirement. Can't wait to live there!

Leonea84 11-28-2011 02:37 PM

This sounds great and just what I need! I'm in!

After losing 15lbs this year, I've put 5 back on...and I'm still about 20 from my goal!

I would like to loose 5lbs by NYE

W-80 oz
E-Keep up and be consistant with marathon training. Run 4 days per week with one cross training day. Incorporate 2 days of 30 day shred DVD on a short run day.
E-Log calories eaten on sparkpeople.com everyday stay within range. Have at least 2 fruits and/or veggie servings at each meal.
D-Give my best. My own happiness is what matters most.

Thinsole 11-28-2011 03:46 PM

Hello Tavy Dharma, Neesy, Anne, Sun and all other new people that I missed!! Welcome!

Mavis! Hurray for a new thread! I've struggled this past week but still managed to drop half a pound. I've got seven to go till Onderland.

Feb 7,2012 will be a year since I started seriously working to lose weight. My fitness goal for them is to have lost 75 pounds. I'm almost to -60 so just gotta keep swimming.

W- 80
E- Leg day
E- less than 1800
D- Just think how good you'll fell having dropped to Onderland by New Years.

khumphrey 11-28-2011 05:00 PM

Water 100 oz a day
Exercise: 60 minutes 5 days a week.
Eats: Sticking to my low carb diet.
D: Thinking about how great I will feel 40 pounds lighter and how nice I will look in a bathing suit.

I wish all of you good luck. I am at 196 right now am I would like to be in the 180's by New Year

Countrybarbie24 11-28-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothermavis (Post 4121583)
Elliptical is done and I took the dog for a walk, however, still have not finished the Christmas decorating. Putting the computer down in favor of totes of decorations! Later ladies!

Aleshia, I LOVE Georgia. That and SC are my two thoughts for retirement. Can't wait to live there!

me to I love GA. I was born and raised here and don't ever plan on leaving lol:D

mtiger 11-29-2011 07:16 AM

Hey, hey!! Look at all the action here. Welcome to all the new people. We have been looking for some new blood to join our little group.

I am Mindy, 51 and also a newlywed as of April. Talk about life altering. I have to children 23 and 26 that live with me. Lots of animals and then the whole pack of children that I spend my days with at school. Talk about stress...

I have lost 70 pounds over the past 4 years or so. I have been stuck where I'm at for about 2 of those years. My body seems to be very comfortable with 181 these days. I want to lose about 30 more pounds but am meeting some ery strong resistence. For the rest of the season I just want to maintain. Then after the first really focus on losing some more ugly fat.

I ahve come a long way and people tell me to be proud of my accomplishments. I try, but it is hard when Iam not happy where I am. Maybe it requires starvation. Who knows.

Well we are supposed to get a ton of snow here......hello old man winter.

mothermavis 11-29-2011 07:36 AM

Thin, I love that. Onederland for you by NYE! What a great goal!!!!

Leonea, are you training for a specific marathon? When is it? Is this your first?
I am tossing in my head the Walt Disney World marathon next year. Gives me a whole year to prep and there is a 10 mile run here in July that I have been eyeballing for a few years too.

Mindy, I am with you, you know I am. I am trying to keep my nose to the grindstone and really be honest with everything I eat AND to get my exercise every day. I have a feeling that it may not come off as easy as it once did, but, if I both eat right and exercise at the same time, it will come off! :dancer: PS: Please keep the snow there, northern NY is gorgeous right now.

Khumphrey, bathing suit is a powerful motivator!

CountryB, what are you studying in college?

Dharma, love that "D"

W 100
E C25K back to the start-back to say, starting over on week 2 to see how the knees do. W2D2 done, threw out 2 old pair of sneakers too because I think they are part of my problem!
E POP again
D Got my Christmas tree all done. Now to finish the rest of the decorations!

Dharma420 11-29-2011 08:57 AM

Good morning everyone!

So scale #1 says...I'm down 3 lbs to 159 scale #2 says I'm down 5 lbs to 157. I know your wonder why I'm weighing on two scales right? Well, we have two and I'm trying to figure out which one is a crappy big fat liar. I'm really hoping it is scale #1 :D

I did good with the food and no wine again last night tho I maybe ate about 1/4 cup more spaghetti than I should have, but no real disaster and still at about 1200 calories.

So, for today

W: 5 16oz bottles
E: Rest Day
E: 1200 calories of nutritious healthy food. Low carbs and lots of veggies
D: Just cuz the bird flies over your head doesn't mean you have to let it make a nest in your hair.

Have a great Tuesday everybody!

Countrybarbie24 11-29-2011 03:12 PM

I am going to school for phlebotomy and medical office assistant.

Well I weigh in today and I have gained 3lbs since last week weigh in and I dont like it. My bf said when I loose 30 pounds he buy me a new oufit I cant wait so now that mean I have to loose 33lbs I am hoping to loose 10lbs by NYE that mean I will only need to loose 23lbs more in order to get my new outfit. I get a new car when I loose 100 pounds so I cant wait instead of rewarding myself with food I am rewarding it with things I need. Those things are my motivation and also getting to be in onederland will be the most amazing reward ever

SW--- 279
NYE GW--- 270

11/29--- 282

W: I haven't had any today yet :(
E: boxing and cardio
E: 1200 calories of nutritious healthy food.
D: Tell me I cant do it and I will show you how much more I can achieve.

Tabbycat 11-29-2011 09:14 PM

Tabbycat reporting in!

W: I don't think I drank enough during the day. I'll try to polish off a 16-oz bttle before bed.
E: Today I jogged two miles (non-stop). It took 25 minutes.
E: Not bad. But a slice of cake at a co-worker's birthday lunch.
D: If I don't feel like exercising, I will commit to do it for "just five minutes." If I still dont want to after five minues, I give mysel permission to stop. (But I always decide to keep going.)

Thinsole 11-29-2011 10:09 PM

Tabbycat- Congrats on the 2 mile run! I love your D.

Countrybarbie- I always gain the first week I really try to lose weight. Then I have a scale plummet the next week. Hopefully you get your woosh on the scale next week too!

Dharma- I love you D. I am also convinced that every scale is a big fat crappy liar. Some just lie less than others.

Mavis- Do it! Do it do it do it do it!! Ok, so I'm a big fat chicken and refuse to think about a marathon until I do a half marathon, which I will do after I finish my 10 training. But you should totally do it! That is a great goal and the 10 miler in July is an awesome half-way point.

mtiger- I am also in Michigan and suffering from snow. As I look out my window right now, the grass is covered, the patio is covered, and :censored: my car is covered. I am so not ready for this.

W-80 oz (60 down)
E- Did light knee exercises and took a 2 mile walk
E- Below 1800 cal
D- Onderland, onderland, onderland. Stupid pounds get off me.

I called around my area today looking for a gym. The cheapest one I found is about $40 a month but that's with access to all the fun classes. Considering...but it's not a huge town and it's about the only gym so I'm betting if I do sign up I'll bump into people I know. Not sure how I feel about that...

Thinsole 11-29-2011 10:28 PM

Hey peoples. Just wanted to add in that on the W.O.W Thanksgiving challenge I lost over 18 pounds! Woot!

12 weeks= 18 pounds.

Nixmom 11-29-2011 11:21 PM

Back in the saddle... again.

Mindy, Mavie - got room for an ole WEEDER?

I need you! I made my self subscribe to the thread before I even came to post! I miss you girls. I miss this place and I need to get back to some support that I can count on... so... TAA DAA!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I have been gone a while. Job changed (promotion) and I seriously landed myself on the verge of a meltdown. Landed in counseling. Gained 15lbs in 3 weeks (August) and stressed out and lost 20 in the next 3. NOT A HEALTHY PLAN!

I have returned to the gym couple weeks ago. Started C25K and am doing each week twice. So, gonna reconnect here. Get back to basics and am seriously looking forward to meeting the newbies and :hug: my old virtual friends.

Here's tomorrow:
W- 64oz (so hard when its cold - I love me some coffee!)
E - 30 minutes tread - chest and triceps
E - STAY OUT OF THE DONUTS AND CANDY! Get back on 6Week diet
D - Dont waste another day, another minute, another opportunity.

Lets go sistah chicks! Off to learn about everyone! 2nd post on the way!

Nixmom 11-29-2011 11:44 PM

Part Duex

WOW! There's a lot of new(er) faces and I am trying to catch up and get a little piece of each of ya in my head! Got as far as I could tonight. So looking forward to continuing tomorrow! Mindy, Mav, and the other girls... I'll be back!

Tavvy – congrats on being a new wifey and soon to behomeowner! How exciting on bothcounts! You are young girlie and if youget your health in control now you wont be here in 20 years posting the samecrap us 40 somethings get so tired of hearing ourselves say! Best of luck to you!

Dharma – LOVE YOUR “D” from 11/26/11. You’ve nailed it! I have a crutch too afterlong days of craziness – nicotine. Andtalk about chemicals. I have beenbattling on and off for years. I feelyour pain – or need to kill it J

Neesy – You are not alone with the 2 years of hovering atthe same weight. But slow and steadydoes win the race. I’m in it with you to celebrate one pound down a week.Whatever it takes.

Tabbycat – 50’s ain’t old! It’s the new 40’s! What a great goal. And you should be proudfor being a 5k participant. I’m not eventhat brave!

Sun38 – I like your “D” too. I should probably pay more attention to my hubby too. Sometimes we getso absorbed in the day we forget they need attention too. Maybe we can remindeach other to do this as we shrink the next few weeks!

Sophieeex3 – fellow daily weigher here. Every OZ does count and although some don’t thinkits healthy, it often keeps me on track as I see daily progress! Good luck!

I know there are others here and I'll be back to catch up. Gotta go post my weight and get geared up for a big day tomorrow! Hope I didn't catch the end of the thread! ( I will copy and repost if I have to!)