Old 10-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #31  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Sunday Morning friends!

What a weekend! I am still on plan, but last night at bowling we had a potluck dinner thing. I was POP all day including a moderate session at the gym and prepared in my mind NOT to indulge. everyone went up to the line and came back with plates FULL of crap, sausages, meatballs, mac n cheese, sweets, pizza, ya know, pot luck stuff. And.....I was actually somewhat repulsed ...felt satisfied that I wasn't having any. THEN....my brain took over. I started feeling anxious, restless....I WANTED SOME JUNK FOOD. I couldn't concentrate, started getting itchy and crabby....and then....it went away. Eventually I got naturally hungry went up and got some cinnamon pita chips with homemade fruit salsa, some veggies/dip and a mini cupcake, which I ate HALF of and put down. I kicked myself for the weakness of picking it up but was proud when I put it back down. Normally I would eat everything regardless of how it tasted.

Oh and I got a JUICER! A Jack Lalayne power juicer, from eBay. Made my own orange juice for the family this morning and it was so nice! It feels so CLEAN. Like I am really doing something healthy for my body. The kids liked it too, and I would love to see them drink some healthier juices. I bought all kinds of produce and we'll experiment with combinations this week. Any of you juice? What are your favorite recipes? Oh I drank half my orange juice then went back and added a carrot to mine and it was nice too. I'm excited about this!

Ah and my dad......Heart cath was not a success He goes for pre testing Monday and open heart surgery on Tuesday. He is having this new minimally invasive surgery done, which sounds really neat and modern. He is in good spirits, but ugh, I was scared and upset by the news! It's one thing to be the nurse and another to be the daughter. Medically speaking, he should be absolutely fine, he is otherwise healthy, young(53) and it's only double bypass. Familially speaking THAT'S MY DADDY! Ah I'm optimistic though. I just can't believe it.

Trick or treat today....next challenge will be to STAY OUT OF THE HALLOWEEN CANDY! sighhhhhh

Oh and GO BROWNS!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I bought a bag of candy and had no trick or treaters....poor move. I am up 5 pounds since Saturday. Clearly that is not real weight, but come on!

Now, I am also thinking that perhaps the weight has something to do with my surgery in August. Is this when my body thinks I should have TOM? Perhaps.

W 100, have to flush all the chocolate
E Resuming my lunch time walks and my stairs today. Resuming C25K tonight. May have to go back a week or two, but that's fine.
E POP, sticking with my points
D May finally be time to get something to help with the depression, not getting it done on my own.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #33  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Darn, darn, darn. I saw 179 last week and now I'm back up to 182ish. What gives. I hate this fluctuating weight for no apparent reason. Working out at least 3 nights this week with the girls. Eatin good but not tracking. Maybe I should get back to that huh???
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #34  

Good idea Mindy! I think I will steal it. Something is causing me to stay/gain, need to see where it is. ww has a tracker on line, need to use it again.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

Mindy and Mavis- I had a couple weeks were I thought I was tracking (ball parking) and I just kept hovering around the 214 mark. So I had a frustration binge (ie. I'm not losing anyway so wth should I not have pizza?). Which I know is a bad move but I'm still trying to overcome the emotions tied to eating thing. Anyway, after that horridness (and a 2 pound gain) I got back to really tracking (including pesky measuring cups) and have since dropped below 211. Moral or the story- Tracking works.

My water intake has been below great but I've been hitting 40 oz consistently. Gonna spend the rest of this week focusing on hitting 80 oz a day and finishing out week 8 of C25K.

W- 80 (again halfway there)
E- W8D2 C25K done!
E- Trying an extra 100 calorie deficit today
D- 4 more C25K workouts to go
Thinsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #36  

Thin, you are doing so great!

I finally got back on the treadmill today. I found my knee I little tweaked about half way thru, so I did not resume week 4 as I planned, but I ran 1/2 of it and then walked the rest, either way, got back to it!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #37  

Way to go Mavis for getting back on the treadmill! You're moving and that's what matters. Thanks btw.

Hit my water goal last night and then some. Woot! Trying out an exercise challenge for November so we'll see how that goes.

W- 80 oz
E- Arm day
E- See if I can keep the 100 cal deficit without draggin hiney
D- Do and do not, there is no try.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #38  

Thin, have you signed up for a 5k yet? Good job on the water too!

Mindy, how's the tracking going?

NM, you still here? How are you doing this week?

Kris!!!!!!!!! I miss you.

Has anyone seen Jeni anywhere? Maybe a different challenge?

W 100
E Treadmill again, crunches
E OP
D Picking my hard
Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #39  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning gals! It's been a rough few days! I'm still doing my best but I feel a slippery slope coming on....so I came here to tattle on myself.

So Dad's surgery was Tuesday. I had best intentions to not over eat....I worked til 12mid the night before (one hour commute so got home around 1:30) had to get dad there at 5:30. So I was so sleepy for one...so we get there on time, got him all checked in, and around 7 the nurse came back and said he was getting bumped for an emergency case....ugh nerve wracking for sure.

Then I'll spare you the long story but all we have a huge history of dysfunction on that side of my family. So we were stuck in a room waiting an extra four hours only ourselves to entertain each other. So I took my brother at some point and we went to breakfast. I decided I wasn't going to worry myself too much about how/what I ate (MISTAKE #1) esp because the hospital has a nice Italian restaurant/cafe in the lobby. So I had German fries smothered with cheese/peppers/etc....

So they finally took dad back around 12noon and everything went exactly well, according to plan, no suprises no complications then I literally did not eat again that day until about 8pm I went home so called the family and asked what they wanted for dinner.....pizza of course. I stopped after 2 slices and 3 wings but the pizza was super greasy and double cheese. Fell asleep exhausted emotionally and physically. Had to get up super early the next morning to be at work at 4 am. Ate good at work, packed healthily.... stopped to see my dad on my way home and again, called and asked the fam what did they want for dinner since I was tired again....CHINESE food. Yesterday woke up and literally ate Halloween candy...REALLY? Ate healthy the rest of the day, worked 1:30-12m drove home around 1 and ate DAMN TACO BELL on the way home.

CLIFF NOTES: Should have stayed POP. Any concessions I give myself just starts a negative cycle for me. I was doing SO WELL and BLEW IT so bad!

So I worked last night til late (oh yea the taco bell night) got up early to get kids off to school, sitting here now in my gym clothes waiting for the buses, but all I can think is how I'd like to go back to bed and eat bad food. UGH starting the obsession mode again. I need to MAKE myself go to the gym this morning....I feel it may be the only way to get back on track. My muscles are still sore from my good two weeks at the gym so I feel that quiet reminder.

Ah the story of the wolves........An Indian grandfather is telling his grandson that within each of us is two wolves constantly fighting....one wolf is all that is good, pure, sincere, love, right and the other wolf is evil, bad, anger, resentment etc. The boy asks his grandfather, well which one wins? The answer: the one you feed. Am I feeding the good wolf today or the bad one?

Love to all, personals later. xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #40  
mtiger

Wink

Michelle- Feed the good wolf. Come on Honey..you can do it.!!

I started tracking the other day and only got about half way through the day. I suppose it would help if I took my journal to work.

I am down to 180.4 today...down from 182.4 yesterday. I have found my true downfall....it is called THE WEEKEND. I eat very reasonably during the week. I pack my lunch (well my hubbie does..he's so sweet), we cook dinner after work and a smalll snack. Then the WEEKEND arrives and we go out to eat....usually more than once. Herein lies the problem. GOTTA STOP DOING THAT!!!

Here's to a strong weekend...no junk!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #41  

mtiger- The weekend was my killer too. Still is. I make myself stay on plan on the weekends even if I choose to eat out. I decided that if I'm going to ax nutrition for a day I at least need to stay below 1800 calories. I also have to make myself get out and exercise when all I want to do is lounge in my comfy clothes, or take a break from my housework. Good luck! May this weekend be a good one for you!

Michelle- Toss the rib-eye to the good wolf! The larger it gets the less you'll hear that whiny bad wolf. I take a day and make up quick healthy meals for during the week. Either I freeze them to be re-heated later, or it's stuff like chopped veggies in the fridge. But believe me, even throwing a Pb&J together is better than a lot of fast food and there's a lot to be said about frozen strips of grilled chicken (oh so quick and easy). But choices are what is important. Stress sucks, guilt sucks, but you can beat them! Good luck lady! I hope all is going well for you!

Mavis- I'm fighting with myself about signing up for a 5K and I think I'm making a bigger deal of it than I need to. Mostly I'm worried about getting a walking time (since I've heard the course I'm contemplating has some minimal hills and I'm never trained with hills). I'll find out tomorrow when I scout out the route myself. Then I have till the 10th to register with the race on the 12th.

I think I still have a bit of a mental block too. Me- run 3 miles...seriously?

Hit my water again last night but am mighty sore from combo of weight lifting and running.

W- 80 oz
E- Either a rest day or if I feel like it later W8D3 C25K
E- On plan (did you know banana bread has 200 cal a slice? Found that out the hard way.)
D- I already have a 70 pound weight dragging behind me, I don't need to wrap it around the bushes.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #42  
mtiger

Wink

thin- Who says you have to run the whole thing. My first 5K i ran about 1.5 then took a short walk break and then finished the rest. I have yet to run a whole 5K without a short break and I have done about 6. DO IT!!!!

So the weekend is here and what happened last night...pizza. OMG!!! At least I held it down and didn't gain this morning. Stayed the same actually, so that is a good thing. Gonna cook today so we are not eating out.

here's to a good weekend.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #43  

I want to scream. I want to say something I might regret later. O cannot do that.

w 100
e lots of cleaning today. Pedometer back on tomorrow
e eating has been pretty good
d ignore
Old 11-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #44  

OK, so this thread is dying/dead. Anyone participating in another that they would recommend?

W 100
E Did my crunches, pedometer on 10k?
E tonight is the rescheduled mexican night!
D gotta get to 100 before dinner!! Minimize any damage
Old 11-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #45  

I have a couple challenge threads but they're not very active by the day. I haven't found any other daily accountability threads that are good so if you find one Mavis please let me know.

W- 80
E- W9D1 Done First full 5K!!
E- On plan
D- Some meditation tonight